Session 12 December 2010

Laura said:
endescent said:
There is so much symbolism with Lions to think about too. Lots to ponder in this session. Thanks to everyone involved.

Did they really say "Kissy" to close the session? Is that like: "Smooches. Mwah!" :lol:

Yes, they really said "kissy"!

I loved that they said "kissy" :love: XXXOOO Kissy lions roaring, lol

Perceval said:
I suppose the point I am making is that it is a rare breed of person who is motivated to take on both the basic challenges of the reality of normal life AND attempt to face into and fix the problems of reality on a global (or larger) scale. And I'm not sure there are enough.

Absolutely. FWIW, I never even went as far as thinking the people I was talking to would change so drastically. I was just proposing to quit gluten and dairy. And that's apparently already too much.

I may be way off, but maybe we don't need more people 'on board'. Maybe we are enough. Gurdjieff was talking about 200 conscious people. Aren't there 200 people on this forum doing the diet, the EE, having read (almost all) the books, trying to remember themselves as much as possible, i.e. doing the Work?
So maybe we 'just' need to clean our machines better (maybe even in ways we have not thought of yet?) and stop wasting time with people who cannot/will not be awoken? Especially since we might not get to stay in contact with each other for very long.

Thanks for the session!!!

Mrs.Tigersoap said:
I may be way off, but maybe we don't need more people 'on board'. Maybe we are enough. Gurdjieff was talking about 200 conscious people. Aren't there 200 people on this forum doing the diet, the EE, having read (almost all) the books, trying to remember themselves as much as possible, i.e. doing the Work?

I've considered this, too. But we can't assume that everyone here who has read the material, doing the diet and the EE are 'on board'. How do we know the work that we're doing, as individuals, is enough? I'm doing all the breathing, eating and reading (a little slow on the reading), but I hardly consider my work to be a sure thing. I don't think we can take a head count and say "OK, that's 200. That's enough now." We don't even know for sure that Gurdjieff was right :)

[quote author=Mrs.Tigersoap]
So maybe we 'just' need to clean our machines better (maybe even in ways we have not thought of yet?) and stop wasting time with people who cannot/will not be awoken? Especially since we might not get to stay in contact with each other for very long. [/quote]

The approach I take with people is to try to not identify with the expected results of sharing knowledge. I put stuff out there, usually on facebook or small nibbles dropped into conversations and I leave it at that. If someone comments or asks for elaboration I'll go into more detail. But again, I don't get too wrapped up in trying to convince them of anything. In one on one situations, I try to be very sensitive to what they are capable of hearing (not that I can know this for sure, but you can see how they respond to the smaller comments to see if they're ready for the bigger ones).

That being said, if it really is a time-sink for people, then maybe it is a good idea to reel it in a bit. You don't want to be putting a lot of energy into one individual who isn't going to value it at the end of the day, IMO. But maybe taking on a "broadcasting" model instead of a "narrowcasting" model would be best. On facebook, the articles you post go out to many people in your network and it takes very little time. Or there's the idea of an E-newsletter or a blog. This would be broadcasting. Spending time giving a lot of info to one person is narrowcasting and, although the payoff could be huge, it probably gets fewer "hits".

I don't know if any of this contribution was valuable, but FWIW.

And I hope Ailén and Atreides are feeling better, too.

Thank you Laura and Company for sharing this session with the Cs. It is always enlightening, inspiring, and motivating to hear first hand from those in whose direction I (we) strive to grow.

Perhaps the Yahoo email (and Wiki-leaks) incident is a reminder to strengthen our connections while we still can. Thanks again for all your hard work and take care.
shellycheval

maybe we should build a backup network, email, text, phone, or whatever....like a calling tree or list in case SOTT and Cass go offline...just a thought

Thank you very much for the latest session!
A lot new food to digest.

I subscribe to what Perceval very nicely put in written words. Indeed sad but so true.

Ailén and Atreides, wish you very speedy recovery. Take care, and all chateaux crew, as well.

P.S. "Kissy" brought a smile to my face, too! :D

Q: (L) Is the moving to Leo a signifier of some other potential event that would be noticed by us here on Earth?

A: Yes. Possible Supernova. Will stupendously improve reception of our messages.

Q: (L) Why is that? Cosmic waves?

A: Will affect your DNA as well as the DNA of those that are ready.

Q: (L) We’re assuming that this is a positive affect?

A: Yes! Refer to transcripts.

Perhaps this page is part of what they're referring to:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/supernovae.htm

Perceval said:
Mrs.Tigersoap said:
Thank you for the session. As always, there is much to ponder.
What stood out for me was:

Q: (L) I’ve been thinking that it might soon be time for us to cease all of our extreme activities, and just run the forum in a careful way. It doesn’t seem that anything is going to change anything very much. Is that useful thought to follow?

A: Not yet, but yes eventually. It will be time to devote yourselves to helping those who have made the choice to be ready for the changes.

I'm probably understanding this my (limited) way, but I've been a bit discouraged lately when I see people with whom I can sometimes speak about some 'SOTT subjects'. I thought that they seemed interested, that they would go and check for themselves, read the books, apply some diet principles, mainly because they're asking lots of questions and seem to have 'aha' moments. And now I see that they are either rejecting and ignoring the data, finding excuses not to apply the diet, etc. It's discouraging and disheartening. I know it's never lost, but in these particular cases, I wonder if I have not been 'had' and that it was just a way to make me lose a lot of time and energy...

It's nothing new for people on this forum, but it does take a lot of energy to try and keep ourselves awake, following the diet, doing the EE and generally helping in different ways while leading a 'normal' life. And trying to awaken some people who are actually having a good time sleeping could just be the straw that broke the camel's back. Am I understanding this in a too limited way?

One thing that has been on my mind lately is the question of what is the point of life on earth for most people. It seems to me that most people are not being stubborn, obtuse and delusional when they reject opportunities to "awaken". What most people are fundamentally motivated to do in their lives (it seems) is interact and share themselves (in whatever way they are able) with each other. They want to live in a relatively small familial and social groups and deal with the challenges and problems that normal life throws up. I don't see anything wrong with them wanting to do that and sticking to their guns. Most of them have been pretty successful at continuing a 'normal' life despite the increasing turmoil in the world around them. I don't seen anything wrong with them being content with the experience of life offered by the relationship dynamics involved in a limited social and familial network. After all, isn't that in fact enough (or often more than enough) for most people to deal with? Who can blame people for not wanting to engage in an endless "fight" against the evil doers of this world? For sure people are being lied to and poisoned with toxic foods and countless millions around the world are starving and dying needlessly, but most people, understandably enough, realise that they can do little or nothing to change it.

Then again, that doesn't change the fact that there is a very real possibility that, if all those people who just want a quiet life and who believe they have no power to change the world were to understand that they DO have the power to change the world - that the problems in this world are largely a result of them allowing themselves to be convinced that they can do nothing to change it - then ALL of us would experience a vast improvement in our quality of life as regards the fundamental drive to live that idyllic life where we focus on building positive and rewarding relationships with each other.

I suppose the point I am making is that it is a rare breed of person who is motivated to take on both the basic challenges of the reality of normal life AND attempt to face into and fix the problems of reality on a global (or larger) scale. And I'm not sure there are enough.

I agree with you Perceval, I think people get very afraid as well of stepping outside of the "norm" in their particular group, social or familial.

Thank you all for the session. I hope Alien and Atreides feel better soon, and that all of you keep well. :hug:

Bluestar said:
The observation and conclusion I have come to is that many people just can not absorb the info or choose not to because they have too many distractions.

To me it seems that many people have lost their curiosity. They had it as children. People are resigned, which is probably a product of the education system which does not encourage true curiosity. This is why it sometimes seems like 'casting pearls before swine', because one's remarks do not provoke others' curiosity. The converse of this is that people who have retained their curiosity are seen as unusual. The proverb goes: 'curiosity killed the cat'. The Cs said somewhere that curiosity is a spiritual attribute (I can't find the quote right now).

Thank you, Laura, for that great December session, and for updating the partial 1995 transcripts.
Extremely interesting facts about the electrodynamics of the solar system. The 2 books you mentioned are now on my Must Read list.
I wish you, and everyone on this forum, a happy and healthy holiday and hope we all continue to evolve at a pace we can tolerate.

"Men drive themselves to do such things, that the gods may know them, and that men may understand themselves." Jason and the Argonauts

Perceval said:

Unfortunately, my own experiences would tend to support this. Among those I would call friends and associates, almost all are fully absorbed in their own lives and do not spend any time or energy looking more closely at what is going on around them. A small handful are somewhat curious, but even the most open-minded spend very little time actually reading or researching. Many people I know spend what little free time they have simply distracting themselves. One thing I have noticed in the past couple years is how few people actually know how to go about researching a subject. I watch for opportunities to inject an idea here and there, but unless a person actually takes it upon themselves to 'make it their own' by doing some work on their own, it remains just an idea among many others. I can personally attest to the fact that many people actually begin to feel pain if their ideas about things are challenged.

The effect of this on me has been discouraging on one hand, but has also served to increase my appreciation of the immensity of the forces of inertia, which in turn has made me intensify my own efforts to go in the other direction. Having contact with others who feel the same, through this forum, is life and soul-saving.

Mrs.Tigersoap said:
Perceval said:
[..]

I may be way off, but maybe we don't need more people 'on board'. Maybe we are enough. Gurdjieff was talking about
200 conscious people. Aren't there 200 people on this forum doing the diet, the EE, having read (almost all) the books, trying to remember themselves as much as possible, i.e. doing the Work?
So maybe we 'just' need to clean our machines better (maybe even in ways we have not thought of yet?) and stop wasting time with people who cannot/will not be awoken? Especially since we might not get to stay in contact with each other for very long.

I second that. Who took the flak, who sacrificed their dreams about a peaceful life, who have been torn to shreds and were able to sew themselves back together are already here with those who followed you as best as we could. Also there seem to be individuals outside the Fellowship having amazing insights about the terror of the situation. The majority of population seem providing the quantity of vibrations as was planned for them. Spoon-feeding non-stop, cheap tricks are being played, charitable but blind people are being led in circles. 9.11 will be 10 years old soon with no resolution. Crap levels are rising in media everywhere. The powerful rich sitting content on large food reserves, possibly anti-grav and free-energy tech and places reserved in luxury underground shelters and promised positions after the Earth changes.

Let's hold out a little more and see what new variables appear in the equation?

Back
Top Bottom