Session 18 May 2019

Is there any reference to Hinduism in any of the C sessions? What is their opinion about Hinduism?
Laura asked the Cs about Hindu vedas in this session: Session 12 August 1995
Session 18 March 1995 mentions the origin of Sanskrit
Q: (L) What is the world's oldest language, at least of those known to today's world?

A: Sanskrit.

Q: (L) What is the origin of Sanskrit?

A: Atlantean roots.

Session 20 October 1994 Mentions Arjuna and Rama
Q: Who was the Queen of Sheba?

A: Fictional.

Q: Did a great queen come to visit King Solomon?

A: Alien influence.

Q: Who was Arjuna?

A: Same as Sheba.

Q: Who is Shiva?

A: Same.

Q: Rama?

A: Indian. High priest influenced by Confederation.
https://cassiopaea.org/forum/threads/cs-session-10-january-2015.36930/ Mentions Rig Veda
(Joe) Can I ask one question about the Rig Vedas?

(L) Yeah.

(Joe) The mention of flying ships, and flying to other planets, did you ask about that?

(L) Yeah, we asked about that. They talked about nuclear war and all that. Flying machines and all that stuff.

(Joe) Atlantis.

(L) Some of it could also have been descriptions of comets.

A: Both.
Session 14 August 2016 Mentions Indian Vedas
Q: (L) So in other words, what we are looking at here through a probably distorted survival via Zoroaster or Zarathushtra is that the Aryan religion was based first of all on a supreme principle of infinite time and infinite space from which was born essentially "good mind" and "evil mind" as Zoroaster put it?

A: Yes. STO and STS duality.

Q: (L) And this same religion, either in its older form or its later elaboration by Zarathushtra, was the origin of the ideas of free will?

A: Yes

Q: (L) Of savior gods?

Q: (L) The Six Bounteous Immortals, or I guess what we could say archetypes or sixth density?

Q: (L) Basically, it almost seemed as though it was a religion about information. Everything emerges from information, but there are some other very particular things about it that are very advanced. They were talking about things that physicists talk about nowadays.

Q: (L) It also seems to be the closest religious exposition of anything that I've come across to what we have received via these transmissions.

Q: (L) I'm just saying "close", because obviously there are some distortions and so forth. So did Zarathushtra modify this original religion because he had a vision, or...?

A: The ideas had already been corrupted, and Zarathushtra sought to recover the truth.

Q: (L) So it had already been corrupted, and he was trying to bring it back in line. He got close, but didn't quite make it. Is that it?

Q: (L) And what had it been corrupted to?

A: The Indian Vedas will give clues.

Q: (L) Maybe he wasn't wrong when he said that the daevas were demons. Were the daevas like STS beings?

A: Close

Q: (L) Were they like 4th density STS?

Session 20 October 1994 Mentions Mohenjo-Daro
Q: Who built the city of Mohenjo-Daro?

A: Lizards directly. Coatzlmundi legend ties in to this directly look at illustrations on stones now.

Q: Who is Coatzlmundi?

A: Other deity of the Lizards worshipped by the Atlanteans and their descendants because of the direct contact with humans for 1000 years.

Q: Now, you said Mohenjo Daro was built by the Lizzies directly. Did they occupy this city themselves?

A: No.

Q: When was this city last inhabited continually?

A: 3065 years ago.

Q: When was it built?

A: 6092 years ago.
Session 22 October 1994 Mentions Mohenjo-Daro again.
A: They did not live among mankind, but they did interact directly with human beings, at various points in the past. It was at those points when human beings were ready, willing and able to accept deities appearing directly from outside sources and then worship them. Such things would not have occurred in the recent past. But, beware, it may very well occur very soon.

Q: (L) Who made the Nazca lines in South America and what was their purpose?

A: Those were natives living in the area at the particular time who were highly advanced spiritually and they put those lines there to call to others that were coming from what they perceived to be an outer space location.

Q: (L) Were they symbols of power in any way?

A: Well, some may have perceived them as such but they were mainly an effort to call forth those who had been worshipped and had appeared to them previously from the outside including not only the Lizard Beings, but other travelers.

Q: (L) Who built the city of Angkor Wat?

A: That was built by the Lizard Beings themselves. Built approximately 3108 years ago.

Q: (L) Who built the city of Mohenjo Daro?

A: That also was built by the Lizard Beings directly.

Q: (L) Did they live in these cities?

A: No, as stated before, they did not live there, they visited or occupied on a temporary basis, but did not live there.

Q: (L) Who did they build the cities for?

A: They built the cities for themselves and their worshippers amongst humans.
Session 31 May 1997 Mentions origin of Vedas
Q: You also said once that there was a nuclear war in India and that this was what was being discussed in the Vedas when it talks about the 'blue-skinned' people who weren't really blue because they were Celts, and they were flying in aircraft, and they were engaged in this war, etc. Who were the Celts at war with?

A: The Paranthas.

Q: Now, wait a minute! Who are the Paranthas?! Do we have a new player here?

A: Not new.

Q: Do we know them by another name?

A: Choose.

Q: The Atlanteans? Were the Celts of India at war with the Atlanteans in the Atlantic?

A: Atlantis was merely a home base of an advanced civilisation of 3 races of humans occupying different sections of a huge Island empire, which, in itself, underwent 3 incarnations over a 100,000 year period as you would measure it.

Q: The 3 races were the Celts... and who were the second and third?

A: Or Kantekkians.

Q: Are the Kantekkians different from the Celts?

A: Only in the sense of long term racial and genetic blending.

Q: So, Atlantis had the Kantekkians and who else?

A: Race you would call "Native Americans," and a third, no longer existing race, somewhat resembling Australian or Guinean aborigines, only lighter in complexion.

Q: Was this third group destroyed by the other two?

A: One of the 3 cataclysms.

Q: Paranthas. Who were the Paranthas?

A: Nation of race mentioned above.

Q: So, the Paranthas were the antecedents of the Abos of Australia?

A: Yes, and compare to now existing peoples of India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Australia, and New Guinea for similarities, bearing in mind genetic mixing and dilution.

Q: Were the Vedas written by the Paranthas or written by the Celts?

A: Descendants of Parantha, as per "Divine guidance."

Q: That explains a LOT. I was just thinking about it the other day. If these people in India are related to the Celts, as philologists would have us believe due to language roots, there is no way I can understand this because they are simply NOTHING like them in any way. … Okay, I think that you said that this nuclear war happened something like 50,000 years ago. We have taken care of a couple of points; we have 3 races on Atlantis, Celts all over the place... did the Celts conquer the Atlanteans?

Session 7 March 2009 The next involves a visit of a yoga teacher and answers some of his questions:
Session Date: March 7th 2009

Laura, Ark, G**, Scottie, Ch**, Craig P**, Simon, Don D**, Ar**, An**, Joe

[Craig is playing the piano - a piece he composed entitled 'Cassiopaea'.]

Q: (L) Now, come sit. Tell me why did you decide to name it Cassiopaea? (Craig) Well, I'm not... maybe we could just ask the C's? (laughter) (Craig) What was in my mind as a man of 23 years old? Aspiring for knowledge? Why I chose that word, why I was so attracted to that word... I mean, that is my memory of it, it just came. As a composer you look for a name for a piece of music. For that sound it seemed appropriate.

A: To be amazed!

Q: (L) And who have we got with us here? Hello.

A: Hiperionia of Cassiopaea.

Q: (L) And what does, "To be amazed" mean? What does that refer to?

A: Craig's question.

Q: (L) Is that the answer to why he chose that name?

A: Yes.

Q: (J) Well, he asked what was in his mind as a 23-year-old, and asking about spiritual things? Wasn't that what you asked? (L) What was in the mind of a 23-year-old composer searching for... (Craig) That sound and that name... (L) Okay, so the answer was, "To be amazed".

A: Most amazing now considering all that has gone between, eh?

Q: (L) I guess they're asking you that. (Craig) Such a long gap that it's still amazing now? (L) Yeah I guess. (Craig) Maybe that connection was felt - that I'm here now - that connection was felt back...

A: Exactly!

Q: (L) Alright. We're here because people have pressing questions. Ask away. (Craig) So. This is a big one for me. Who was behind the attempted assassination of my first spiritual teacher Maharishi Mahesh Yogi?

A: You aren't going to like the answer. Let's just say elements of secret services were involved.
See also Laura's comment about this last question and answer: Session 20 June 2009
Q: (L) Were any of those elements people that were known and that were not seen as being possibly secret service? What I'm trying to say is was there anybody who was well-known to the people involved and trusted who was involved?

Q: (Craig) Was it because of his work establishing meditation groups to effect world peace?

A: Partly.

Q: (Craig) Any other reason that would be useful for me to know now?

A: Nothing of significance more than to divert attention and focus in the wrong direction. But isn't that always the case?

Q: (L) Okay, divert attention from what?

A: The concept of spirit.

Q: (L) And to focus on what?

A: Focus on the man.

Q: (L) When you say, "focus on the man" what do you mean? I feel like this is getting into a very touchy area. (Joe) I think they mean to focus on the man himself, like to create a martyr or deity out of him. We've talked about this a lot where basically people who propose an idea or a concept and it's got a following, but it maybe it's not really going anywhere. Well, then you kill that person and then suddenly, everyone says, "Oh! He was killed because he was onto something!" (Craig) So the implication is that this is to divert attention away from the concept of spirit?

Q: (Joe) That would kind of suggest that the concept of spirit that he was promoting was not a correct concept, because attention was focused on him by attempting to kill him. That's how they create a false idea of spirituality... (Craig) Was his teaching in line with the consortium or any of the unpleasant or undesirable elements?

A: Not exactly the way to ask the question.

Q: (Simon) Yeah. You have to ask something like: Was what he was teaching beneficial to the increasing of knowledge?

Q: (L) But that was your specific question: Was what he was teaching beneficial to the increasing of knowledge? (Craig) Is there any value in his particular angle, the revival of the ancient Vedic knowledge?

Q: (L) So, obviously there's a little more to this than meets the eye. (Craig) Is this continued in the right direction by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar?

Q: (Craig) Is there a whole new direction by the work of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar?

A: Could be...

Q: (L) So what's this Sri Sri guy into? (Craig) He's [teaching "Art of Living" breathing/meditation]. Is this a worthwhile program for the benefit of mankind?

A: In certain respects, yes. But it is lacking balance.

Q: (Craig) Which area does balance need to be improved?

A: Remember that nearly the entire world was against the war over sixty years ago and it came nonetheless. Meditation to calm the mind and commune with higher realms will do nothing to balance this realm.

Q: (L) Clearly from my experience, meditation to master yourself and your reactions is a very beneficial thing.

A: Yes. But then what does one do with that mastery?

Q: (Craig) It serves to help people who don't know how to control their mind or their emotions.

A: Yes. And teach them when where and how to use those emotions for change. Overcoming emotions so that one is not affected by what is out there and inside is little more than becoming an automaton.

Q: (Craig) Can these breathing techniques help - Sudarshan Kriya?

A: Absolutely!!!!!!!

Q: (Craig) Is it one of the best tools we can use to revive people's humanity?

A: Yes. But don't forget the balance. Facing reality and mastering the self alternating with meditation for recovery.

Q: (Craig) Is there any chance for OPs to be rehabilitated?

A: Very likely not.

Q: (Craig) What percentage of prisoners are OPs?

A: Lower than you might expect in this present reality.

Q: (L) So that would suggest that more people with souls are in prisons. (Craig) That was my experience teaching breathing techniques in prisons. There was a lot of fantastic guys. Would showing these breathing techniques here in this household for the present company be beneficial?

A: Sure.

Q: (Craig) Can we do it soon?

Q: (Craig) Should the present distinguished company give up smoking before we do it?

Q: (laughter) (DD) Nice try, though! (Craig) Is that the full program - the five day course? (L) You're going to do the five day course? (Craig) Is that the right thing for this environment?

Q: (An**) We don't have to give up garlic, do we? (laughter) (Craig) As long as you don't smoke during the sessions or eat garlic during the sessions. (L) How long are the sessions? (Craig) Two and half hours, two and half hours... (L) Well, we're going to have to cut them back to 45 minutes. (laughter) (Craig) So, the origins of this Sudarshan Kriya, is this from the ancient Vedic times - Kantekkian Civilization - or is it from modern times?

A: Modern.

Q: (Ark) What is it? (Craig) It's a technique with sound and breath to get rid of stress in the system, bring balance, joy, get more energy. Oh, relating back to my first question: If it was to divert attention against Mahareshi Mahesh Yogi, then why did they keep the assassination attempt secret?

A: It wasn't secret from those intended to be influenced.

Q: (Craig) Right... (L) I doubt it would have made any difference to the wider public at all I don't think. (Craig) Well, they kept it secret to keep the organization going, which was in the wrong direction... So, lastly, what is the relationship between Mahareshi Mahesh Yogi and Sri Sri Ravi Shankar?

A: 5th density pact.

Q: (Craig) Are they masters that work with 5th density?

A: Came from... with a mission here.

Q: (L) Well, everybody essentially comes from 5th density, but not everybody comes with a mission. (Craig) Will there be attempts by the consortium to stop Sri Sri Ravi Shankar?

A: Not too likely.

Q: (Craig) How can that be if he's doing world-changing work? How can that be?

A: It isn't balanced to be world changing alone.

Q: (L) If he added some elements into it then he'd have to go into hiding.

A: Remember what we have previously said: Life is religion...

Q: (Craig) Life is religion? [discussion of quote] (Joe) Life is religion. Those who pay attention to reality left and right become the future. (L) Those who seek to shut out life become a dream of the past. Something like that... Who's next?[...]
On the last point there is also Session 3 January 2009
Q: (L) I have a question I want to ask. A lot of people say that esotericism and politics shouldn't be mixed together, that somebody who has esoteric pursuits - or spiritual pursuits, let me put it that way - shouldn't be interested in "worldly" things. I would like to have your view on this. Have we gone completely astray by mixing in politics?

A: Absolutely and vehemently not!!! There is no possibility of true spiritual work progressing without full awareness of the world that surrounds you. What have we said about "true religion?" Let your curiosity guide you. In its pure state curiosity is a spiritual function.
Session 20 June 2009 The long excerpt is mainly about meditation, breathing exercises, and somewhere Vedas, are mentioned too. It is from the time Eiriu-Eolas eiriu-eolas.org/online-version/ was taking form.
A: Perhaps if you could share the technique that you used to achieve emotional cleansing, a lot of people would benefit including the two individuals in question.

Q: (L) What technique is that?

A: Remember an entire night of cleansing tears?!

Q: (L) Yeah. Well, that was just a meditation technique I developed. I would breathe a certain way and repeat certain things in my mind as I breathed, and I did it every night. Strange things started happening.

A: Strange indeed! You stumbled instinctively on an ancient method that is unsurpassed in its efficacy. So why not share?

Q: (Joe) Spill the beans, Laura! (L) Well I just never thought it was anything particularly special - it just worked for me! I mean how does something like that compare to this Art of Living Kriya thing?

A: AoL is for beginners and robots!

Q: (laughter) (L) Well then why were you so enthusiastic when Craig proposed teaching us? I mean, he asked if he should teach us, and you said yes with seven exclamation points!

A: Got you to do it and jump started your thinking didn't we?!

Q: (L) So the point wasn't that this method was "the best" or the only one or so great. It was to draw our attention to the idea of breathing, or control of breath, as a means of effecting emotional healing. Is that it?

A: Absolutely!X7
[...]
A: Remember that your method employed a powerful "seed".

Q: (DD) Seed? (L) Yeah, that's a reference to meditating with or without seed. (Joe) What was the seed? (L) Phrases that I used in my mind. (Allen) Were those phrases particular to you though, like something that someone has to come up with for themselves? (L) Well, I dunno, were those phrases particular for me?

A: They were super powerful!
A: Yes and another excellent technique though for other purposes is what you call "power breathing".

Q: (L) Oh, my Power Breathing. (C) What is that? (L) For me, that's just energizing. The fast pace on the treadmill accompanied by a very particular kind and pace of breathing. This is the one that it's not the head, it's matched to the body. The one is like intellect and heart, and Power Breathing is like moving center and heart... You let the movement of your body take you where you need to go.

A: Remember what that technique did?

Q: (L) Oh yeah! (Joe) What did it do? Did you fly? Superpowers? (A**) That was the past life thing, wasn't it? (L) Yeah, I went into a past life memory in the gym. (Joe) Where, here? (L) No, in Florida. Geez... But I guess if people do that, they need to have somebody there. So, there are a couple of ways to tap into these emotional issues that you're talking about that are actually somewhat different from this Art of Living thing?

A: Yes and probably more effective if utilized faithfully. AoL is like the "Diet Coke" of breathing techniques... Just one calorie.
Q: (L) Alright. Let me ask this: This Sudarshan Kriya, it does seem to be useful and helpful. Is that not true?

A: It is mainly useful in group settings.

Q: (L) Okay, so it's useful in group settings. Um...

A: The main thing people need right now is to be cleansed of emotional blockages and programs not to mention karmic burdens.

Q: (L) Okay, so these two techniques that I've always used are useful for private meditation, and this Kriya is useful for group activities. I don't understand in what order this should come. You're saying that people should work for a time on their emotional issues privately, and then come together as groups and do something similar to the Sudarshan Kriya?

A: More or less though beware that the so called Sudarshan Kriya is just a variation on an ancient technique.

Q: (L) Okay. Is the ancient version of it better?

Q: (L) And how would it be modified for the ancient version to be revived?

A: The proper words should be spoken during the breathing. Joe, what is the Irish for life?

Q: (Joe) Eh... Beatha? {Pronounced something like "Bah Hah"}

Q: (Joe) That's it. B-E-A-T-H-A. That may not be the original spelling.

A: Ba in Ha out.

Q: (C) And it's pronounced "baha"? (laughter and discussion of Kriya with "ba-ha" instead of "so-hum")

A: Try it!

Q: (Ark) But what about these phrases that we were talking about before. Should they just be repeated with empty mind, or with trying to feel their meaning?

A: Focus on the meaning.

Q: (L) Okay, so we've got... (Joe) That's kind of hard to do, breathe and speak the phrase at the same time... (L) Oh, well he's talking about the other exercise that I did. Okay, so you've got "beatha", life. Breathing in life, and out life. Is there any other adjustment to be made?

A: You don't really need the super-fast breathing. That is just to produce chemicals and make the person experience an artificial high.

Q: (L) So you're just suggesting the long slow breaths, and the mediums breaths, and slightly fast, but not super-fast. Is that it?

Q: (A**) Is it best to do this guided with the tape or somebody saying the actual words, or just say them in your head?

A: Yes, it should be guided. Also the words of the meditation are very effective in the quiet time at the end.

Q: (L) So you do this round breathing, or this circular breathing, basically according to the Kriya instructions, only you pronounce this word during the breathing. Then at the end, you read out this words from my deep meditation. Is that it?

Q: (L) Okay. And are the numbers of repetitions that are given in the instructions alright?

A: Close enough though we would prefer multiples of 30.

Q: (Ark) Anything we should take care so that we will not be accused of stealing the method?

A: What about Ravi Shankar claiming it as his personal discovery and patenting it?! We have just given you all the details of a truly ancient technique that is even older than the Vedas. Joe, tell everyone the words that mean "growth of knowledge".

Q: (Joe) The word would be "eiri", that means rising, or desiring, or wanting. And knowledge is "eolas". (L) Okay, say it together. (Joe) Well, I suppose the short version would be just "eiri eolas".

A: That is close enough to the original name of this practice for horseshoes.

Q: (L) Well, alright... I've made a list. To protect oneself against hyperdimensional manipulations and harm, I'd say one of the primary things is to avoid dissociating.

Q: (Artemis) And don't feed negative thought loops.

(L) Yeah, if you're dissociating, number one is you're in a fantasy, which is not paying attention to reality. Number two, you're having negative thoughts and getting into negative thought loops. That seems to me to be one of the most important. Am I right on that?

A: Indeed!

Just like to say the not dissociating part has been absolutely spot on for me. I've been trying out not (negatively) dissociating for the past few weeks and it has done wonders for starving off a lot of negative thought loops that I've been battling with for some time. I've swapped out watching TV series, films, staring into space (lol) and generally just letting my mind run wild for EE, more reading, more networking, more journalling.

Seems obvious but I've always tried to battle the negative thought loops by counteracting them with other thoughts, which can almost drive you crazy. Just getting up, Do-ing and fighting the battle in reality is proving to be productive so far.

Just like to say the not dissociating part has been absolutely spot on for me. I've been trying out not (negatively) dissociating for the past few weeks and it has done wonders for starving off a lot of negative thought loops that I've been battling with for some time. I've swapped out watching TV series, films, staring into space (lol) and generally just letting my mind run wild for EE, more reading, more networking, more journalling.

Seems obvious but I've always tried to battle the negative thought loops by counteracting them with other thoughts, which can almost drive you crazy. Just getting up, Do-ing and fighting the battle in reality is proving to be productive so far.

What you said reminds me of the Session 10 May 2014

Particularly:
Q: (L) Okay, so the next question is: We have numerous activities that are creative for people to be able to release some of their pent up emotions about all of the things that are happening in the world that make everybody unhappy. They can get on SOTT, they can write commentary, they can work on the forum, they can write things on the forum, they can have exchanges, they can have meetings with other people. There are many things that people could be doing, but it's like the excuse always comes down to, "Oh, the frequency fence. I can't do anything because I'm depressed, or I'm this, or I'm that or the other thing." You're saying that they've won half the battle, but it seems to me that it's harder than that. There is something else. How to get over that initial resistance?

A: Taking the bull by the horns is always fearful in the imagination, but when you approach the beast, he usually lays down and submits.

Q: (L) That doesn't answer my question. Okay, what constitutes "approaching the beast"? Since that seems to be where everybody gets stuck...

A: As Yoda said, no try, just do, if only a little. That will break the logjam. Butterfly wings and all that.

And...

Q: (L) Can anybody think of another question to get me where I want to go here? (shellycheval) As individuals, what's the single most important thing we should do to Do, and to not try, but to actually take actions? What can we do to motivate ourselves as individuals? Is there something we can say or do...?

A: Service to others. Notice that the people with the most problems that always talk only about themselves and their troubles, are the ones who do and give the least. They do not have confidence in the universal law of LIFE: Get things moving and you create a vacuum in your life into which energy can flow.

Q: (L) So, basically what you're saying is that people should think of it as a kind of a law that when you... maybe like the old biblical expression: "Cast your bread on the waters, and after many days, it will return to you" sort of thing? Just do it, and keep doing it without anticipation?

A: Absolutely! And it is true and works. Just notice people who do and give a lot: Are they spending time focused on the self? No!

Q: (L) Yeah, but everybody's got wounds and issues and all that kind of thing to work on. I mean...

A: [letters come very quickly] Balance! A portion of a day can be spent on reflection, but not too much. This is the Wetiko Virus: obsession with the self and subjective personal issues. The next time you feel yourself slipping into despair, just tell others how you are feeling and think of something you can do for another to prevent them from suffering the same feelings. [letters come more slowly now:] Thus you will witness the birth of true empathy.

Added: Doing what we can day by day, taking little steps in the right direction and also remembering that we have to make that choice on a continual basis (even though it may get easier with practice) is doing the Work/ soul growth osit.

Last edited:
Doing what we can day by day, taking little steps in the right direction and also remembering that we have to make that choice on a continual basis (even though it may get easier with practice) is doing the Work/ soul growth osit.

So relevant. To remember on a continous daily basis and to act on stopping negative thought loops. Plus not to focus on a problem but to get the energy moving. Thanks for the reminder, again and again.

So relevant. To remember on a continous daily basis and to act on stopping negative thought loops. Plus not to focus on a problem but to get the energy moving. Thanks for the reminder, again and again.

Negative thought loops are my Achilles heel (or the worst of my heels; bingeing Netflix series as dissociation is a close second. In fact I feel like they’re different modes of the same basic escapism). It’s something that I’ve indulged all my life, just letting them run on and play out over and over in my head. It’s a real struggle breaking away and shutting them down before they gain momentum.

Below are some comments on the subject of divination which was mentioned in the session as one of the possible angles that could be used to strengthen the degree of protection. The structure is as follows. First the context in which the point of divination was brought up in the session, then an excerpt from Comets and the Horns of Moses, that gives more context, followed by points about using a divining method, links to introductions about doing I Ching and finally some excerpts from the transcripts that give indications about what is needed for accuracy.

The context in which divination was brought up in the session
(L) What kinds of practices, thinking, behavior, or whatever actually assist us in our lives to stay safe from hyperdimensional manipulation or harm that can hurt our frequency or muddy things up? For example, I wrote down here what the Catholics do: prayer, confession, sacraments, therapeutic rituals, blessing of objects, occasional exorcisms, that sort of thing. That's what they do to keep their flock safe. They prescribe seven sacraments and all that kind of stuff. We know that's not necessarily the precise cup of tea that does the entire job, but it’s not bad, and certainly they were onto something with some of that. I'm not going to throw the baby out with the bath water here. So, what I want to know is what are good, beneficial, protective practices?
A: You have made a thoughtful list so please read it!
[...]
Q: (L) So, I guess I've covered everything. Well, I have Divination on the list... For everyday use, we use I Ching, and I think a lot of group members do the same. I think we've got that covered. One thing that I was noting down on my little list here was that the Apostle Paul listed things to avoid, and then things to enhance. The vices that he listed, things that one should avoid, were: fornication, licentiousness, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, envy, drunkenness. Well, that's all pretty standard. I think it's a good basic list and you can apply it in different ways depending on your circumstances. Then he listed the virtues: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Self-control was kind of an interesting one for him to have on that list. And: no self-conceit, no provoking one another, and no envy. Then he said at the end of his list, "Whatsoever a man sows, that will he also reap”, and “let us not grow weary or lose heart." So, I thought that those were rather positive things to think about.
A: Most important to remember the "sowing" part in the context of this discussion.
Q: (L) Oh, you mean about your antennae and how your antennae determines your future. What you sow, you reap. So, if you're not taking care of your inner landscape and the immediate world around you in terms of your group and your associations and so forth, you're screwing up your antenna and then you're going to have a bad future because your antenna will attract the wrong things. Is that what you mean?

In the above quote, divination and I Ching, are mentioned. To elaborate on this one could begin with divination and the world view of the ancient Stoic philosopher Posidonius, mentioned in Comets and the Horns of Moses where Laura explains how a modern understanding of fractal structures lend support to his understanding that divination can be meaningful. Before getting to the excerpt both the book and the philosophy of Posidonius are mentioned in Session December 21, 2012 Session 21 December 2012
A: You are writing the book, you tell us!!!

Q: (L) You mean the stuff that I have been uncovering, the things I've been learning during the historical research for this enormous book I've been writing, is going in the right direction?

A: Oh yes!!! And you are not writing it alone either!! Posidonius was correct about training the mind. A trained mind is more in tune with cosmic mind.
The book that is being referred to is Comets and the Horns of Moses which both elaborates on the philosophy of Posidonius, and how divination is meaningful.
“Posidonius defined the all-pervading goodness of the world as a triad: god, nature and fate; three aspects of the same thing. God was the governing principle of the system (information that was ‘matterized’), Nature was the field of action, the physical continuum, i.e. matterized God; and Fate described the laws of operation. Since the system is an organic whole and the operational law of cause and effect was a part of the system, it logically followed that the operation or state of any part could be relevant to the operation of the whole. This meant that the forms of divination were valid means of scientific exploration, though certainly not in isolation. What followed from this was that, since it was possible to predict such things as tides from the position of the Moon, it should also be possible to predict the future behaviour of other phenomena, including human events, from patterns and signs in the heavens and on Earth. I don’t think that we need to assume that Posidonius took this to unreasonable lengths, as Augustine claimed, since the evidence that he was an ‘astrologer’ in the usual sense is just not there. But what seems to have been on his mind was the scientific exploration of signs and seasons and trying and testing various methods of relating major events on the planet in the socio-political sphere to the cosmos at large and discovering their dynamic interaction. In other words, as a rationalist who believed that a rational law permeated the universe, Posidonius inferred that all events follow an unbroken chain of causation, even if we, at the human level, cannot always see the cause for a specific effect. But, theoretically, the world should be rationally comprehensible if we study the world and all within it, and learn the patterns of cause and effect at one scale, and then apply them to other scales. Like a fractal, the cosmic patterns always follow through to real world events and we can follow the chain backward by way of scientific observations and analysis. In Posionius’s view cosmic design was imposed rationally from the top down, but we can only partially reveal it and check the facts that will lead to understanding this design, from the bottom up.

Certain moral principles flow naturally from such a construction of the cosmos, and the human being could be seen as a mini-universe with the potential for top-down rationality in the design of their lives also. Obviously, since the human being was a universe among many within the larger universe, this capacity for controlling their lives was limited in extent. But still, the place from which it manifests is the rational mind, the counterpart, or fragment of, the divine designer (information) of the universe. This conception puts philosoåhy of mind, or psychology, squarely within the field of science, though there are certainly points that cross over into arts. Human free will, constrained by the just-mentioned multiplicity of fellow humans existing within the larger system, depends on the individual studying and knowing and mastering their own brain/mind so that they can respond rationally to the events and dynamics over which they have no control.” - Laura Knight-Jadczyk in Comets and the Horns or Moses page 362-363
”Posidonius explained a moral ‘mistake’ as being due to a person being inadequately educated, either in rational understanding or life habits, who was ruled by his or her emotions. Such a person would give more value to objects of emotion and desire (drive) which would cause them to so distort their rational thoughts that they ended up making a choice that actually overrode moral reason. Posidonius insisted that the root of evil or vicious action is internal, a seed lying in the natural pathology of our own make-up. He agreed that the seed could be nurtured and grown by external agencies, but in the end, right or wrong is our individual, personal responsibility.

So what to do? Posidonius had a very practical approach. He proposed that an individual should be trained along two pathways simultaneously. The first one was the theoretical study of the natural world and the second was training by having moral rules that define appropriate acts to follow.[...] one aimed at developing and strengthening the rational mind with knowledge and awareness, and the other directed at overcoming mental pathology, bad habits, wrong actions and overactive emotions.” Laura Knight-Jadczyk in Comets and the Horns or Moses page 381.
While the above explanations placed divinations within the context of the stoic philosophy of Posidonius, the following description from Laura is more directed toward the practical application of divination in everyday life.

Some points about using a method of divination
From this post:
[...]
Ultimately, "divination" is nothing more than finding a way to establish a feed-back loop between your conscious mind and your subconscious or unconscious or superconscious self.

One of the handiest things I ever discovered was that if I asked a question that was bothering me out loud, I could tell from the way my solar plexus reacted to the vibration of the words what the answer was. The problem with this method is that when a person is in an emotional state, they can get a BIG FALSE reading. It is at such times that Tarot cards, I ching, regular cards, a walk in nature, or whatever, can be so helpful.[...] as long as we are in this world, there are going to be situations where the chemical emotions drown out the "still small voice," and so, having some little personal feed-back loop established is helpful.
A suggestion about when to use a divining method
Tarot Reading
I've been interested in the Tarot for some time now, but not as a "divinatory" tool, but rather as a code system. My experience has been that about anything can be used for divination from a regular deck of cards to just taking a walk and observing nature. At present, other than the C's, we only use the I Ching - and then only on matters of importance. By now we figure if we haven't learned enough to navigate this world without constantly checking something external, we aren't learning our lessons too well.
And there is about the same issue https://cassiopaea.org/forum/threads/how-to-read-i-ching-reading.18214/post-169594
In our house, I Ching is never used frivolously. Only after we have discussed, reflected, and come to the conclusion that we need a bit of distance from a problem do we use it. And then, we understand that it will only give the conditions surrounding a situation and that we STILL have to use that as data in our calculations. You don't get "yes or no" answers from I Ching.
In many situations one can get information from reading, networking and talking with others, working, meditating, resting or “sleeping on” a question. And if one uses a method of divining like I Ching, one still needs to think it over in relation to what one knows, and what one asked about in the first place. The advantage of using a method like I Ching is that it can help one gain another perspective on the question asked, obtain more data and through that have more knowledge, apply more knowledge, and thus obtain more protection.

Having described divination and why it can be useful in some situations, the next sections concern the process of using I Ching, which involves first formulating a question, knowing how to generate a hexagram, one of the 64 hexagrams consisting of six either broken or unbroken lines, and how to interpret them using a a translation of the I Ching either in book form or in a digital format that can explain the significance of the hexagram.The meaning and interpretation of the hexagram in relation to ones question can then become an object of discussion and reflection. Just as when doing any other work, it is probably an advantage to be reasonably rested and free from unnecessary stress when doing an I Ching.

Working with I Ching is easy if one has learned to read and can follow simple instructions about how to generate a hexagram. The common process of doing I-Ching divination often involves using three coins as explained on this Wikihow: How to Consult the I Ching Using 3 Coins For more methods of casting or selecting the hexagrams and more thoughts on the probabilities of various methods see I Ching divination - Wikipedia

In ancient times the traditional method made use of stalks from the yarrow plant. I Ching/The Ancient Yarrow Stalk Method - Wikibooks, open books for an open world Interestingly, the yarrow plant, achillea millefolium, see Achillea millefolium - Wikipedia , named after the hero Achilleus of the ancient Greek epic the Iliad, is a medicinal herb that has been used to stop bleeding and was much respected among people of ancient Eurasia right up until modern times.

In the plethora of I Ching translations, the most famous is probably the Richard Wilhelm translation, originally published in German and later translated into English. If one does not have the whole book, his section with the translation of the hexagrams can be found on the internet, for instance http://www.cfcl.com/ching/

One author, Paul O’Brien, writes on his homepage that both the version of Wilhelm and also the translation by Alfred Huang are faithful to the original Chinese, whereas he about his own version writes: “The text upgrades the ancient oracle’s traditional patriarchal and militarist language” According to O’Brien, this is also the situation with many other translations. Whether one agrees with O’Brien or not, it is useful to know that there are differences among the translations.

Other points one can take into consideration when using a divining method
In the transcripts there are other methods of divination mentioned, and even though the main focus here has been on the I Ching, which was mentioned in the transcripts, some of the remarks found elsewhere may offer a perspective on the use of I Ching also.

In Session 9 August 1997 Session 9 August 1997 there was that for accuracy using adivining method, psychic talent is needed

A: The art of astrology lies within the interpretations of the astrologer, and if accurate, it is because of psychic talents. Same as with all methods, they are merely mediums.
In a later session, the same point about innate ability came up. Session 13 November 1999
Q: What do Tarot cards represent?

A: A method for sensitives to tune in with. Or for less psychically endowed persons to "play" with.[...]
The next which concerns dowsing mentions that talent, skill and practice is needed.
Session 2 January 1995 https://cassiopaea.org/forum/threads/session-2-january-1995.25699/
Q: (L) I used a pendulum and dowsed. I came up with a spot using a pendulum, I found a spot. I used the sledge hammer and broke open a part of the cellar floor, dug down four feet, and there was nothing there. Now, I don't look forward to doing that over a 9 by 7 space, and I certainly don't intend to knock all the walls down...
A: Part of discovery process, test dowsing skill on known entities in order to refine process.
Q: (L) Well, either dowsing works or it doesn't, wouldn't you say? Test it on known...
A: Depends upon skill of dowser as in all psychic talents.
Q: (L) Well, the clue I am getting from that is that I may not be the one to do the dowsing, is that correct?
A: If you take one piano lesson and fail to produce Chopin, does that mean you should give up the piano?
It is mentioned that pure intentions are helpful for accurate results.
Session 7 november 1994 Session 7 November 1994 has
Q: (L) Is T.C. Lethbridge's theory about dowsing correct?
Q: (L) Is it possible to dowse things in other dimensions by lengthening the string?
Q: (L) Is it possible by using this technique to dowse winning lottery numbers?
A: Difficult; intentions must be pure.
Q: (L) It is very difficult to have pure intentions about money, isn't it?
Q: (L) But if, theoretically, one did have pure intentions, would they be able to dowse numbers...
A: Tall order. Yes.
Q: (L) Are lottery numbers... fixed?
A: Everything is at some level. But choice is at what level will be experienced.

To sum up: the proper use of a divining method, like I Ching can help one to tune in and gain a different perspective on a question, which together with the already available knowledge can help bring more protection.

A: Nothing of significance more than to divert attention and focus in the wrong direction. But isn't that always the case?
Q: (L) Okay, divert attention from what?
A: The concept of spirit.
Q: (L) And to focus on what?
A: Focus on the man.
If we link this to connecting with ancestors, I think the real goal is to expand awareness and connect with space. Connecting with ancestors is probably part of the tasks suitable for beginners (third density).
We have had numerous reincarnations and we have numerous "ancestors". But we currently have one physical body. It is both an instrument and a constraint.
Connecting with ancestors is an emphasis on the body instead of the soul. But that makes sense because we are mostly limited by this body, we have not transcended it.
But I think that's an important point that we do not need to connect only to the ancestors, if we know that the goal is to expand awareness by any means. Connecting with ancestors is one way that uses existing connections to further develop them, moving from the body (genetics) to the spiritual. At least that's how I see it.
I have a saying: "A smart can learn from anyone (even from a fool), a fool can learn from nobody (not even from a smart)."
So, we can learn from ancestors, but not only from them.
Sometimes it is very difficult to dig up ancestral data and if something is gained, the question is how much it pays.

This book might be relevant: Anomalist Books | simply phenomenal | JOTT Looks like an interesting read, dealing with similar if not precisely the same kinds of phenomena:

I read this book in June/July. The case studies at the beginning I found to get a bit boring. But the part where she explains the context and framework are where it got really interesting to me. I was surprised that during the recent Mind Matters podcast it was stated that she is 93 years old!

I don't want to give away all the interesting tidbits, but she mentions Cosmic Mind a lot. And the possibility of God being a dissociated consciousness. At that point I was wondering if she reads the forum! :lol:

Below I have taken the list from Laura, collected by BrendaH, and inserted quotes from the transcript. I discovered that the list by itself could leave the impression that the points are on the same level, but this is not actually the case, when one goes into the details. The topic of conserving energy and not feeding STS dynamics thus appears as almost an umbrella for a number of topics,
it relates to the sharing of thoughts, impressions, worries and fears because it can help to prevent the shutdown of receptors that makes one more susceptible to STS manipulation
it relates to diet, as a suitable diet prevents conditions that may cause energy drain to STS
it relates to meditation and prayer, as they can help to conserver energy and may help one to connect with STO in higher densities
it relates to avoiding "dissociating and feeding negative thought loops" which helps to reduce leakage to STS..
it relates to the list by the Apostle Paul, as the negative qualities (his vices) often will be associated with the feeding of STS, just as the virtues often will be conducive to the conservation of energy and at the same time be beneficial to the world around us.
it relates to making amends, as doing so can help to restore balance, but at the same time it was said;
"that's not a big hot one, but it's good." Possibly "not a big hot one", because there in some cases is a risk one does it to feed the ego as mentioned under the point "Conserve energy and not feeding STS dynamics" where there in the transcript is:
L: [...] They induce you to feel guilty. Feeling guilty or feeling sorry for them is like... it becomes basically food.

A: Guilt is basically an ego thing of a very covert nature."
IMaybe the idea of making amends for each and every thing is based on a rigid understanding of "karma", at least there was this segment:, which concerned a very tragic incident 10 years ago. Session 30 August 2009
A: Too much credibility is given to the idea of "karma". Anybody can be "taken out" if their awareness is not sufficient to the situation. But as is the case, it follows the general rules of 3D reality. 4D STS can maneuver through agents mainly, environment, and that sort of thing.
It also seems to me that in some cases there will be overlap areas, for example between prayer and connecting with ancestors, where some forms of connecting are indistinguishable from prayer.
Thanks for sharing! So if I haven't forgotten anything, the list would look like this:

List of things to do in order to protect oneself against hyperdimensional manipulations and harm:

• Avoid dissociating and feeding negative thought loops: dissociating is being in a fantasy and not paying attention to reality. If you dissociate, you have negative thoughts that lead to negative thought loops.
  • Q: (L) Well, alright... I've made a list. To protect oneself against hyperdimensional manipulations and harm, I'd say one of the primary things is to avoid dissociating.

Q: (Artemis) And don't feed negative thought loops.

(L) Yeah, if you're dissociating, number one is you're in a fantasy, which is not paying attention to reality. Number two, you're having negative thoughts and getting into negative thought loops. That seems to me to be one of the most important. Am I right on that?

A: Indeed!
  • Diet: having a bad diet contributes to ingesting the chemicals that the STS forces wants us to ingest in order to poison us and mess up our antennae.
    • Is good to do intermittent fasting.
  • Q: (L) Okay. The next one is diet. If your diet is crappy and you're taking in all those chemicals that the STS forces have manipulated their Earthly representatives to put in and on our food to poison us, that can get in there and mess up our proteins and mess up our antennae. So, diet would be a second thing, yes?

A: Yes!

Q: (L) Okay. In relation to diet, I've put down keeping regular hours as much as possible, having a balanced colon biota... that sort of thing. Okay,
    And a little further down there is
  • Q: (L) Oh, and there was one thing I had at the bottom of the list. I guess it goes with diet. I thought it was a good idea to fast one day a week.

A: Intermittent fasting will do.
  • Share impressions and troubles: thoughts, worries, fears, etc. Not doing this “dramatically changes the inner landscape and can even shut down the receptors so that you are more subject to STS manipulation of thoughts and feelings via mechanical means.”
  • Okay, the next item on my list is: sharing impressions and troubles.

A: Big one! So many are reluctant to share thoughts, impressions, worries, fears, etc. This dramatically changes the inner landscape and can even shut down the receptors so that you are more subject to STS manipulation of thoughts and feelings via mechanical means!!

Q: (Artemis) Sharing is VERY important.

(Joe) By mechanical means?

(L) Mechanical would be chemicals, beaming, etc... So, are you saying on the other side of this that the act of communicating or communion with others or sharing can actually help to overcome some of those mechanical means of interference?

Q: (Artemis) If you're not sharing, you're basically having an inner dialog with an echo chamber. You're not getting any real feedback or information or perspectives. And then it is easy to spiral down into wrong thinking.

(L) Yeah, that's a good point: If you're not sharing, you're just in an echo chamber! If you're keeping yourself to yourself and closing up, you're in an echo chamber. Then you are more susceptible to the STS manipulations and maneuvers.

(Andromeda) And nothing can help correct it.
  • Make amends when possible to the wronged person, and when not possible making those amends to the world at large: in case that trying to make amends would make things worse we can achieve redemption by giving to the universe and others in need.
  • (L) Yeah. So the next one on my list is: making amends when possible to the wronged person, and when not possible making those amends to the world at large. I'm aware that there are situations where you may have great, great regrets where it's just not practical, or it would just make things worse to try to make amends. Therefore, my thought is that the thing to do under those circumstances is to...

(Artemis) ...seek redemption by helping others.

(L) Yeah, achieve redemption by giving to the universe and others in need. I mean that in terms of thoughts, time, energy, whatever.

Q: (L) Okay, so that's not a big hot one, but it's good.
  • Conserve energy and not feeding STS dynamics: STS uses many tricks and traps to suck people into negative dynamics so that they become food. When you become food, you're feeding the STS side and empowering it against not only your own best interests, but also against the best interests of STO itself. We have to be careful not to fall into the pity trap, they’ll try to make us feel guilty or sorry for them, and that makes us food. At the same time you're feeding your own ego because you feel like a savior or needed or like you'll get something. It's that dynamic of the feminine vampire.
    • We need to have the right feelings towards the right person in the right context.
  • Q: (L)[...] The next one I have is conserving energy and not feeding STS dynamics.

A: Big one again and one of the most difficult because STS uses many tricks and traps to suck people into negative dynamics so that they become food.

Q: (L) Of course, when you become food, you're feeding the STS side and empowering it against not only your own best interests, but also against the best interests of STO itself. It seems to me that it's kinda like psychopathy. They try all kinds of bluffs and meanness and nastiness and so forth. When you're strong, strong, strong through all kinds of terrible actions or treatments on the part of, say, a psychopath, the last-ditch maneuver, when they know they can't get you any other way, is the pity trip. They induce you to feel guilty. Feeling guilty or feeling sorry for them is like... it becomes basically food.

A: Guilt is basically an ego thing of a very covert nature.

Q: (L) What does that mean? Does that mean that...

(Pierre) It means that the victim seems all weak and miserable and...

(L) And it makes YOUR ego feel good to feel like you can fulfill their wants and needs.

(Artemis) Or you feel like you're being compassionate. It's like false empathy, almost.

(Pierre) And often the one who generates this pity around himself, at the core, there's an ego trip. There's a feeding on it.

(L) For them it's an ego trip, and when you give in to their guilt trip, you're feeding the STS part of them first of all. And then I guess secondly, you're feeding your own ego inside yourself because you feel like a savior or needed or like you'll get something. It's that dynamic of the feminine vampire! The waif. "If I can save this person or do what they want or need or whatever, then there'll be something for ME!"

(Pierre) And this discussion suggests that for a long time we talked about how important to see reality as it is. But from this exchange, it suggests to me that beyond the thoughts, very important is also to have the right feelings towards the right person in the right context. Is that right?

• Connect with ancestors and honored saintly type people in 5D for protection: we should find out if we have any ancestors or deceased relatives or somebody who were good and decent people who one can talk to mentally or communicate with by writing letters to them, or dream communication, and ask them for protection. And if you can't find your ancestors, you have to find someone else's ancestors. You can hook up with somebody who has good ancestors, and their ancestors become your ancestors by you having shared realities.
  • Q: (L) Alright, let's move on to the next item on my list. The next one is... I put this on the list, but I dunno if it should be there. I thought it was something that would be useful: to connect with ancestors and honored saintly type people in 5D for protection. I thought that that would be kind of a useful thing. I think people should find out if they have any ancestors or deceased relatives or somebody who were good and decent people who one can talk to mentally or communicate with by writing letters to them, or dream communication, and ask them for protection.

Q: (Ark) And if you can't find your ancestors, you have to find someone else's ancestors!

(L) Well, that's true. You can hook up with somebody who has good ancestors, and their ancestors become your ancestors by you having shared realities. You're opening up and sharing your worries and troubles. The good ancestors of any group or any one person in a group kind of become the good ancestors of other members of the group.

(Pierre) And here you mentioned not ALL your ancestors - just the good ones. The same is true for the saintly figures. I think people should be aware that there are many saints who were not saints and other people who were vilified who were actually good.

(L) There are saints who were made saints, but they weren't actually very good people. And then there are other saints who deserved that title. That's a good topic for discussion... not a C’s discussion, but rather a discussion amongst people.
  • It would be good for certain people to guide the newly deceased: If there is somebody in your circle of acquaintances or group or whatever who is in the process of passing over or recently did pass over, you could in some way help guide them in the reality to which they may not be accustomed (obviously), but mainly because of their thought patterns during life.
  • (L) [...]Another thing I thought it would be useful for people to do would be to guide the newly deceased. If there is somebody in your circle of acquaintances or group or whatever who is in the process of passing over or recently did pass over, you could in some way help guide them in the reality to which they may not be accustomed (obviously), but mainly because of their thought patterns during life. So many people in this materialist-driven world do not think that there is an afterlife or another world. When they get there, they don't know what to do! They don't even realize who or what they are or which way to go. Is that a good one?

A: Yes but for certain people obviously.

Q: (L) That's not something that everybody should do. But if you have a loved one who's dying, it's certainly not going to hurt to talk to them frankly about the process they're going through and what to expect.
  • Use “the mirror” in a group situation as a way to bring people to full awareness of their reality: this should be handled carefully as many are not ready for that advanced work.
  • Q: (L) That's not something that everybody should do. But if you have a loved one who's dying, it's certainly not going to hurt to talk to them frankly about the process they're going through and what to expect. Another thing I put on my list was when you are in a group situation or in our particular kind of group, one of the things we've always tried to use to bring people to full awareness of their reality is what we call the mirror. In some cases, it's a very delicate process. In other cases, it's somewhat unpleasant. Well, it's NEVER pleasant. Unless you've gotten to the point where when someone tells you you've screwed up, and you can genuinely respond, "Oh, thank you for telling me!" Hardly anybody does that sincerely though, because it's not as simple or as easy as just saying those words. So, it seems to me that this process that we undertake is kind of an initiation. Is that one way...

A: Yes but should be handled carefully as many are not ready for that advanced work.
  • Pray.
    [*]Sing together: it has to be done with the right songs, getting an order of songs to sing in a certain order of a certain type. If everybody sings the same songs around the world, this would be like a limbic link up.
  • Q: (L) Okay, so obviously prayer is a good thing. Is there something else I missed?

(Chu) Singing together.

A: Yes! Something you realized lately as Chu just said!!

Q: (L) Singing together - and it has to be singing the right songs. I was experimenting with this the other night when we were doing karaoke just seeing how people did when you start them out with certain songs and then move on to different levels. Everybody did pretty well, I think. They were pretty comfortable with it. I think getting an order of songs to sing in a certain order of a certain type might be useful. Then if everybody was singing the same songs around the world, would that be kind of like a limbic link up?

A: Yes!!
  • Divination.
    [*]Apostles Paul’s list of things to avoid and things to enhance:
    • Vices to avoid: fornication, licentiousness, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, envy, drunkenness. Self-conceit, provoking one another, and envy.
    • Virtues to enhance: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.
    • It’s important to have in mind that “Whatsoever a man sows, that will he also reap”, and “let us not grow weary or lose heart." Most important to remember the "sowing" part in the context of your antennae and how your antennae determines your future. If you're not taking care of your inner landscape and the immediate world around you in terms of your group and your associations and so forth, you're screwing up your antenna and then you're going to have a bad future because your antenna will attract the wrong things.
  • Q: (L) So, I guess I've covered everything. Well, I have Divination on the list... For everyday use, we use I Ching, and I think a lot of group members do the same. I think we've got that covered. One thing that I was noting down on my little list here was that the Apostle Paul listed things to avoid, and then things to enhance. The vices that he listed, things that one should avoid, were: fornication, licentiousness, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, envy, drunkenness. Well, that's all pretty standard. I think it's a good basic list and you can apply it in different ways depending on your circumstances. Then he listed the virtues: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Self-control was kind of an interesting one for him to have on that list. And: no self-conceit, no provoking one another, and no envy. Then he said at the end of his list, "Whatsoever a man sows, that will he also reap”, and “let us not grow weary or lose heart." So, I thought that those were rather positive things to think about.

A: Most important to remember the "sowing" part in the context of this discussion.

Q: (L) Oh, you mean about your antennae and how your antennae determines your future. What you sow, you reap. So, if you're not taking care of your inner landscape and the immediate world around you in terms of your group and your associations and so forth, you're screwing up your antenna and then you're going to have a bad future because your antenna will attract the wrong things. Is that what you mean?

• To do Eiriu Eolas together and crystals, etc.
  • (L) Well, has anybody thought of any questions now?

(Chu) The other thing is doing Eiriu Eolas together and crystals and stuff. But those are already being done.

(L) Yeah, I was thinking of what to add on. Well, let's ask...

A: Indeed those are an important part of the self-tuning process.

Q: (L) Okay. So, is there anything that I didn't have on my list that should be on the list?

A: Not as such.
If one takes the session as a whole, one could also consider including a section mentioned before Laura's list was discussed, as this ties in with the list.
A: We once pointed out that mass human behavior was a reflection of cosmic conditions. Now is the time when all must be extra vigilant. We also pointed out that STS forces are fully aware of prophetic patterns and will change and twist in order to discourage and put those to sleep who are slack in vigilance. Note the human environment and try to imagine what it represents above!!!

Q: (Joe) Well, what's the human environment doing?

(L) It's just going nuts!

(Joe) And what does that represent above?

(Pierre) Chaos.

(Andromeda) Nuts! BIG nuts!

(PoB) Cosmic nuts!

(L) Well, at the present time, it's like...

(Artemis) I think they want to say more.

A: It is like the story of the wise and foolish virgins which we have mentioned. Another parallel would be the story of Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane. Who will be found sleeping?

Q: (L) Well... So what is the important take home message here?

A: Consider the relationship between the previously discussed protein antennae and your reality. That determines who you are and what you see.

Q: (Pierre) Does it mean that in those times of chaos, higher density STS beings are busy beaming human beings and...

A: No. It means that one should be concerned with aligning the antennae to cosmic purposes.

Q: (L) So...

(Joe) The previous answer was that twisting and distorting prophetic...

A: There is a match between future and present frequency.

Q: (L) So, you're saying that we should be concerned about our antennae and stuff now because that is our present frequency, and that is what determines our future. We should be aligning that present frequency with cosmic purposes in order for that future outcome to be desirable?

The two stories from the New Testament mentioned in the above add meaning to the points made above also when they are read as they appear in the King James Version of the Bible. The C's mentioned the story of the wise and foolish virgins in Session 23 March 2013
(L) [....] (L) Alright, I better get back to work then! If nobody else has anything else, I think we'll just ask if there are any words of wisdom or encouragement for people?

A: Those who wish to participate in the future should "be prepared" like the wise virgins.
One finds the story in the Gospel of Matthew 25:1-13, where it reads:
1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
The other story about Jesus in the garden of Gethsemane is from the Gospel of Luke, 22: 39-46 where one finds:
39 And he came out, and went, as he was wont, to the mount of Olives; and his disciples also followed him.
40 And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation.
41 And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,
42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.
44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.
45 And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow,
46 And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.
Apart from the beginning of the session, one could also read the points in the list with respect to what followed. If one takes the answers of the C's and a minimum of context, there is additional material to contemplate. Here is an attempt at making a selection:
A: One thing to consider is this: Is the so-called "normal life" one of expansion of STO or is it one of contraction to STS?
This is a rich question as the discussion revealed. One angle Ark brought up was:
(Ark) I would like to make a comment. I think to a large extent, we don't really know what's going on around us. Whenever I go out and see what people are doing, all these young people are just like this [mimics walking around staring at smartphone in their hand]. This is their normal life!

(L) With their phone in their hand. Or earbuds in their ears, shutting out interactions with others.

(Ark) And this is normal life. There is no normal life at all!
[...]
(Pierre) And about what Ark said: that's their life. The face stuck to the screen. It's interesting in conjunction in what we said about how to conduct a healthy life and remove ourselves from STS influences. Imagine the antennas of people doing that and eating crap...

A: We warned strongly about electronic devices years ago!
The next quotes concern Christianity
(Pierre) But when you look at history with a lot of distance, the feeling I get is that the most fundamental dynamic is that: the destruction of Christianity. And all we see today is...

A: How do you propose that they could make it possible to destroy Christianity?
A warning which essentially ties in with necessity of considering the list of points discussed previously.
A: It was the plan all along. Beware! It is coming to fruition and only those who stay awake and aware can navigate. The STS forces are determined to quash awareness and the possibility of seeding a new reality.
And finally:
A: It is not that those who endure to the end will be saved, but that those who endure to the end shall save others. It is your choice to be among those who choose to be a part of the vanguard of the new reality!!!
(L) So that is basically being addressed to anybody who reads this session.

(Andromeda) It's not just surviving or enduring that's the point.

(L) It's to survive and serve others!

If I come across in my memory banks of a day when I bought one uneven amethyst earring in a market, I'll let you guys know.

I have now 3 purple amethyst earrings of 3 different sizes. Today I found one, the original one, in an old jewellery box while I was searching for a broken bracelet to fix. I checked photos from 2005 where I'm photographed wearing them and sure enough, the one I found today is the original one. I just forgot I had it there and always thought that it was in my crystal bowl. The one in this bowl must have come from somewhere else. It is possible that I completely forgot and decided to buy a pair who happened to be uneven in their size and later never recalled having them. It's crazy that I don't remember buying them nor noticing that they were uneven in size, and that I always thought of having one. Now I have 3. If it sounds confusing, it is because it is confusing. I thought I was careful tracking this stuff. This might just be one of those things that reveals a memory gap more than anything weird. I just don't like it when it happens. Oh well, thought about clarifying because back then it seemed an impossible find, but now I'm not sure any more of anything. It doesn't appear to be important, except to be more aware, period.

It's crazy that I don't remember buying them nor noticing that they were uneven in size, and that I always thought of having one. Now I have 3. If it sounds confusing, it is because it is confusing. I thought I was careful tracking this stuff.
I sleep with my dream stone under my pillow. A few mornings ago, I woke up and reached under my pillow for the dream stone. It wasn't there. I lifted up my pillow and looked around the bed, but it was nowhere. Later in the day when I got back home from work, I saw the dream stone lying on top of the covers in middle of the bed, like someone placed it there. I thought my wife placed it there. I asked if she placed it there, and she did not.

There are other items that we've noticed disappeared, but those remain disappeared. I'm glad the dream stone reappeared. While it's possible that these items were misplaced and forgotten or stolen, I don't think it's likely.

I have now 3 purple amethyst earrings of 3 different sizes. Today I found one, the original one, in an old jewellery box while I was searching for a broken bracelet to fix. I checked photos from 2005 where I'm photographed wearing them and sure enough, the one I found today is the original one. I just forgot I had it there and always thought that it was in my crystal bowl. The one in this bowl must have come from somewhere else. It is possible that I completely forgot and decided to buy a pair who happened to be uneven in their size and later never recalled having them. It's crazy that I don't remember buying them nor noticing that they were uneven in size, and that I always thought of having one. Now I have 3. If it sounds confusing, it is because it is confusing. I thought I was careful tracking this stuff. This might just be one of those things that reveals a memory gap more than anything weird. I just don't like it when it happens. Oh well, thought about clarifying because back then it seemed an impossible find, but now I'm not sure any more of anything. It doesn't appear to be important, except to be more aware, period.

I want to "Come clean" with my experience I related earlier:

I've had a recent death in the family. It was a nice, peaceful funeral. I think he did fine in his transition, and he was quite the humble, down to earth man. So that's good, an ancestor to look up to. The funeral was about two weeks ago. Here's something interesting: about a week later, during that week where I was quite stressed out due to a busy work week, I saw while driving three white doves. It seemed like a rare and symbolic moment, and I just stared and smiled (traffic was slow). I thought of peace, and that my relative was at peace. And you never see a white dove except during Chrismas as an ornamanet or when a magician is performing some trick. I didn't think much else of it or write it down.

But then a week later, this past week I was listening to this podcast from the Afterlife thread:

And around 35:20 in that video he mentions his sister getting doves to appear after their mother's death. So that struck me as I listened to it. Although I did take it as, "My relative is at peace.", it was extra confirmation to have it seemingly be a common experience of relatives who've passed over. I shared that story with my mom.

About two weeks ago, I noticed that on that road I usually travel on, that there were a few doves in that same location. A few days later I counted something like 14! So it turns out that they were there all along, but for over 5+ years I didn't consciously notice them. Or I just forgot about them. I guess this makes for respecting free will, in that I could dismiss it. But nonetheless, it was interesting timing and the way they just carefully flew down near the road was interesting.

About two weeks ago, I noticed that on that road I usually travel on, that there were a few doves in that same location. A few days later I counted something like 14! So it turns out that they were there all along, but for over 5+ years I didn't consciously notice them. Or I just forgot about them. I guess this makes for respecting free will, in that I could dismiss it. But nonetheless, it was interesting timing and the way they just carefully flew down near the road was interesting.

I've been noticing more doves since a family member passed away five plus years ago. I also wonder how much they were around before and I just wasn't noticing them as much.

Next to where I live now, I sometimes will see one perched atop a utility pole making a cooing sound. Sometimes I'll see the second in the pair around or see the one fly to where it's at. I've started to notice when I haven't seen or heard them for the day and find their presence comforting when I do.

Session 18 May 2019:
Q: (L) Well... So what is the important take home message here?

A: Consider the relationship between the previously discussed protein antennae and your reality. That determines who you are and what you see.

Q: (Pierre) Does it mean that in those times of chaos, higher density STS beings are busy beaming human beings and...

A: No. It means that one should be concerned with aligning the antennae to cosmic purposes.

Q: (L) So...

(Joe) The previous answer was that twisting and distorting prophetic...

A: There is a match between future and present frequency.

I have been thinking about the antennae comment and why "protein" was mentioned.

Session 18 May 2019:
Q: (L) Okay. The next one is diet. If your diet is crappy and you're taking in all those chemicals that the STS forces have manipulated their Earthly representatives to put in and on our food to poison us, that can get in there and mess up our proteins and mess up our antennae. So, diet would be a second thing, yes?

A: Yes!

I am sure with all the foods containing GMO that it is important to avoid GMO substances like the plague. And there has been another DNA related remark the Cs said back in 2000 that I couldn't quite understand but I think I may be seeing a different meaning to how it could relate to us on the forum and our sense of "tribal unity" and our antennae.

Session 23 September 2000:
Q: Now, let me get to MY questions! You once said that the core of DNA is an as yet undiscovered enzyme related to carbon. Is that correct?

Q: Here in this book it says:

"Evidence is accumulating that only a relatively small portion of the DNA sequence is for so-called structural genes. Structural genes lead to the production of protein. There are an estimated 50,000 structural genes with an average sized of approximately 5,000 base pairs, which then accounts for only 250 million of the estimated 3 billion base pairs. What is the rest of the DNA for? Some of the DNA is so-called repetitive sequences, repeated thousands of times. The function is unknown. The ALU, repeat, for instance, contains over 300,000 copies of the same 300 base pair sequence. Certainly this DNA is not junk and plays some important role in the gene regulation chromosomal architecture or chromosomal replication. Until 1977, it was thought that genes were single sequences of DNA that are coded into RNA and then into protein. However, further study has shown greater complexity. It is now known that there are pieces of DNA within a gene that are not translated into protein. These intervening sequences, or INTRONS, are somewhat of a mystery, but appear to be a very common phenomenon."

Now, is this thing they are talking about, these INTRONS, are these the core that you were talking about?

A: In part.

Q: What about this ALU repeat with over 300,000 copies of the same base pair sequence. What is it?

A: Tribal unit.

Q: What is a tribal unit?

A: Sectionalized zone of significant marker compounds.

Q: What does this code for?

A: Physiological/spiritual union profile.

Q: Could you define "tribal" for me?

A: You define.

Since "Tribal unit" is related to ALU, here is a reference:

Alu element
An Alu element is a short stretch of DNA originally characterized by the action of the Arthrobacter luteus (Alu) restriction endonuclease.[1] Alu elements are the most abundant transposable elements, containing over one million copies dispersed throughout the human genome.[2] Alu elements were thought to be selfish or parasitic DNA, because their sole function is self reproduction, however they may be more useful than previously thought.[3][4] They are derived from the small cytoplasmic 7SL RNA, a component of the signal recognition particle. Alu elements are highly conserved within primate genomes and originated in the genome of an ancestor of Supraprimates.[

The "signal recognition particle" is interesting too I think.

(L) It's insidious. As far as I can see, Islam and Judaism as they are practiced today based on what Israel Shahak wrote, those are the closest things to materialistic Satanism that I've ever seen. And I'm not whitewashing Christianity either, but there are some foundational things about it that were truly good and benevolent.

Q: (L) If people could get back to the original Paleochristianity then the world would be a different place. But you're certainly not going to get there by materialistic Darwinism.

(Pierre) But when you look at history with a lot of distance, the feeling I get is that the most fundamental dynamic is that: the destruction of Christianity. And all we see today is...

A: How do you propose that they could make it possible to destroy Christianity?
In a recent speech Attorney General William P. Barr Delivers Remarks to the Law School and the de Nicola Center for Ethics and Culture at the University of Notre Dame there are many thoughts on the role of religion and morality in the US; what the ideas of the founders of the US were, what secular developments have taken place during the last many decades, and how these developments have affected society at large. I enjoyed reading the concepts and ideas held by the founders of the USA, although Barr does not discuss the philosophical basis behind the statements or the deeper foundations of the secular beliefs. At the time of the founders, the people who had a say in politics were almost exclusively from having some kind of Christian background. As such, there probably has not been any major debate over whether the day off should be Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Today however it appears the offered solution to more widely differing religious views has been more secularism to the point that this has become a dominant "religion" on its own suppressing others. One problem for Barr who is a Catholic is that the religious and ethical foundations that used to be agreed upon in general as fundamental to the functioning of society are increasingly less considered and even actively fought to the extent of threatening the continued existence of the society he lives in. One dilemma he is less clear about or avoids is how to balance the conflicting religious values and interests of very different religious groups.

Some of the questions, brought up by William Barr with respect to the US, are also valid for many other countries where officially liberal and secular democracies, which I prefer to call managed democracies, have been pushed and promoted by the US as have some of the trends and policies that Barr mentions.

The speech, quoted below, took place at The University of Notre Dame Law School in Indiana, US. The name of the university, Notre Dame certainly resonates with the name of the burned church in Paris that led to the above quoted discussion in this session; moreover the speech can be seen as meaningful in relation to a discussion of attempts to destroy Christianity, because he lays out some of the very strategies being used.

Attorney General William P. Barr Delivers Remarks to the Law School and the de Nicola Center for Ethics and Culture at the University of Notre Dame
Remarks as prepared for delivery
Thank you, Tom, for your kind introduction. Bill and Roger, it’s great to be with you.

Thank you to the Notre Dame Law School and the de Nicola Center for Ethics and Culture for graciously extending an invitation to address you today. I’d also like to express gratitude to Tony de Nicola, whose generous support has shaped – and continues to shape – countless minds through examination of the Catholic moral and intellectual tradition.

Today, I would like to share some thoughts with you about religious liberty in America. It’s an important priority in this Administration and for this Department of Justice.

We have set up a task force within the Department with different components that have equities in this area, including the Solicitor General’s Office, the Civil Division, the Office of Legal Counsel, and other offices. We have regular meetings. We keep an eye out for cases or events around the country where states are misapplying the Establishment Clause in a way that discriminates against people of faith, or cases where states adopt laws that impinge upon the free exercise of religion.

From the Founding Era onward, there was strong consensus about the centrality of religious liberty in the United States.

The imperative of protecting religious freedom was not just a nod in the direction of piety. It reflects the Framers’ belief that religion was indispensable to sustaining our free system of government.

In his renowned 1785 pamphlet, “Memorial and Remonstrance Against Religious Assessments,” James Madison described religious liberty as “a right towards men” but “a duty towards the Creator,” and a “duty….precedent both in order of time and degree of obligation, to the claims of Civil Society.”

It has been over 230 years since that small group of colonial lawyers led a revolution and launched what they viewed as a great experiment, establishing a society fundamentally different than those that had gone before.

They crafted a magnificent charter of freedom – the United States Constitution – which provides for limited government, while leaving “the People” broadly at liberty to pursue our lives both as individuals and through free associations.

This quantum leap in liberty has been the mainspring of unprecedented human progress, not only for Americans, but for people around the world.

In the 20th century, our form of free society faced a severe test.

There had always been the question whether a democracy so solicitous of individual freedom could stand up against a regimented totalitarian state.

That question was answered with a resounding “yes” as the United States stood up against and defeated, first fascism, and then communism.

But in the 21st century, we face an entirely different kind of challenge.

The challenge we face is precisely what the Founding Fathers foresaw would be our supreme test as a free society.

They never thought the main danger to the republic came from external foes. The central question was whether, over the long haul, we could handle freedom. The question was whether the citizens in such a free society could maintain the moral discipline and virtue necessary for the survival of free institutions.

By and large, the Founding generation’s view of human nature was drawn from the classical Christian tradition.

These practical statesmen understood that individuals, while having the potential for great good, also had the capacity for great evil.

Men are subject to powerful passions and appetites, and, if unrestrained, are capable of ruthlessly riding roughshod over their neighbors and the community at large.

No society can exist without some means for restraining individual rapacity.

But, if you rely on the coercive power of government to impose restraints, this will inevitably lead to a government that is too controlling, and you will end up with no liberty, just tyranny.

On the other hand, unless you have some effective restraint, you end up with something equally dangerous – licentiousness – the unbridled pursuit of personal appetites at the expense of the common good. This is just another form of tyranny – where the individual is enslaved by his appetites, and the possibility of any healthy community life crumbles.

Edmund Burke summed up this point in his typically colorful language:

“Men are qualified for civil liberty, in exact proportion to their disposition to put chains upon their appetites.... Society cannot exist unless a controlling power be placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters.”

So the Founders decided to take a gamble. They called it a great experiment.

They would leave “the People” broad liberty, limit the coercive power of the government, and place their trust in self-discipline and the virtue of the American people.

In the words of Madison, “We have staked our future on the ability of each of us to govern ourselves…”

This is really what was meant by “self-government.” It did not mean primarily the mechanics by which we select a representative legislative body. It referred to the capacity of each individual to restrain and govern themselves.

But what was the source of this internal controlling power? In a free republic, those restraints could not be handed down from above by philosopher kings.

Instead, social order must flow up from the people themselves – freely obeying the dictates of inwardly-possessed and commonly-shared moral values. And to control willful human beings, with an infinite capacity to rationalize, those moral values must rest on authority independent of men’s will – they must flow from a transcendent Supreme Being.

In short, in the Framers’ view, free government was only suitable and sustainable for a religious people – a people who recognized that there was a transcendent moral order antecedent to both the state and man-made law and who had the discipline to control themselves according to those enduring principles.

As John Adams put it, “We have no government armed with the power which is capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other.”

As Father John Courtney Murray observed, the American tenet was not that:

“Free government is inevitable, only that it is possible, and that its possibility can be realized only when the people as a whole are inwardly governed by the recognized imperatives of the universal moral order.”

How does religion promote the moral discipline and virtue needed to support free government?

First, it gives us the right rules to live by. The Founding generation were Christians. They believed that the Judeo-Christian moral system corresponds to the true nature of man. Those moral precepts start with the two great commandments – to Love God with your whole heart, soul, and mind; and to Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself.

But they also include the guidance of natural law – a real, transcendent moral order which flows from God’s eternal law – the divine wisdom by which the whole of creation is ordered. The eternal law is impressed upon, and reflected in, all created things.

From the nature of things we can, through reason, experience, discern standards of right and wrong that exist independent of human will.

Modern secularists dismiss this idea of morality as other-worldly superstition imposed by a kill-joy clergy. In fact, Judeo-Christian moral standards are the ultimate utilitarian rules for human conduct.

They reflect the rules that are best for man, not in the by and by, but in the here and now. They are like God’s instruction manual for the best running of man and human society.

By the same token, violations of these moral laws have bad, real-world consequences for man and society. We may not pay the price immediately, but over time the harm is real.

Religion helps promote moral discipline within society. Because man is fallen, we don’t automatically conform ourselves to moral rules even when we know they are good for us.

But religion helps teach, train, and habituate people to want what is good. It does not do this primarily by formal laws – that is, through coercion. It does this through moral education and by informing society’s informal rules – its customs and traditions which reflect the wisdom and experience of the ages.

In other words, religion helps frame moral culture within society that instills and reinforces moral discipline.

I think we all recognize that over the past 50 years religion has been under increasing attack.

On the one hand, we have seen the steady erosion of our traditional Judeo-Christian moral system and a comprehensive effort to drive it from the public square.

On the other hand, we see the growing ascendancy of secularism and the doctrine of moral relativism.

By any honest assessment, the consequences of this moral upheaval have been grim.

Virtually every measure of social pathology continues to gain ground.

In 1965, the illegitimacy rate was eight percent. In 1992, when I was last Attorney General, it was 25 percent. Today it is over 40 percent. In many of our large urban areas, it is around 70 percent.

Along with the wreckage of the family, we are seeing record levels of depression and mental illness, dispirited young people, soaring suicide rates, increasing numbers of angry and alienated young males, an increase in senseless violence, and a deadly drug epidemic.

As you all know, over 70,000 people die a year from drug overdoses. That is more casualities in a year than we experienced during the entire Vietnam War.

I will not dwell on all the bitter results of the new secular age. Suffice it to say that the campaign to destroy the traditional moral order has brought with it immense suffering, wreckage, and misery. And yet, the forces of secularism, ignoring these tragic results, press on with even greater militancy.

Among these militant secularists are many so-called “progressives.” But where is the progress?

We are told we are living in a post-Christian era. But what has replaced the Judeo-Christian moral system? What is it that can fill the spiritual void in the hearts of the individual person? And what is a system of values that can sustain human social life?

The fact is that no secular creed has emerged capable of performing the role of religion.

Scholarship suggests that religion has been integral to the development and thriving of Homo sapiens since we emerged roughly 50,000 years ago. It is just for the past few hundred years we have experimented in living without religion.

We hear much today about our humane values. But, in the final analysis, what undergirds these values? What commands our adherence to them?

What we call "values" today are really nothing more than mere sentimentality, still drawing on the vapor trails of Christianity.

Now, there have been times and places where the traditional moral order has been shaken.

In the past, societies – like the human body – seem to have a self-healing mechanism – a self-correcting mechanism that gets things back on course if things go too far.

The consequences of moral chaos become too pressing. The opinion of decent people rebels. They coalesce and rally against obvious excess. Periods of moral entrenchment follow periods of excess.

This is the idea of the pendulum. We have all thought that after a while the “pendulum will swing back.”

But today we face something different that may mean that we cannot count on the pendulum swinging back.

First is the force, fervor, and comprehensiveness of the assault on religion we are experiencing today. This is not decay; it is organized destruction. Secularists, and their allies among the “progressives,” have marshaled all the force of mass communications, popular culture, the entertainment industry, and academia in an unremitting assault on religion and traditional values.

These instruments are used not only to affirmatively promote secular orthodoxy, but also drown out and silence opposing voices, and to attack viciously and hold up to ridicule any dissenters.

One of the ironies, as some have observed, is that the secular project has itself become a religion, pursued with religious fervor. It is taking on all the trappings of a religion, including inquisitions and excommunication.

Those who defy the creed risk a figurative burning at the stake – social, educational, and professional ostracism and exclusion waged through lawsuits and savage social media campaigns.

The pervasiveness and power of our high-tech popular culture fuels apostasy in another way. It provides an unprecedented degree of distraction.

Part of the human condition is that there are big questions that should stare us in the face. Are we created or are we purely material accidents? Does our life have any meaning or purpose? But, as Blaise Pascal observed, instead of grappling with these questions, humans can be easily distracted from thinking about the “final things.”

Indeed, we now live in the age of distraction where we can envelop ourselves in a world of digital stimulation and universal connectivity. And we have almost limitless ways of indulging all our physical appetites.

There is another modern phenomenon that suppresses society’s self-corrective mechanisms – that makes it harder for society to restore itself.

In the past, when societies are threatened by moral chaos, the overall social costs of licentiousness and irresponsible personal conduct becomes so high that society ultimately recoils and reevaluates the path that it is on.

But today – in the face of all the increasing pathologies – instead of addressing the underlying cause, we have the State in the role of alleviator of bad consequences. We call on the State to mitigate the social costs of personal misconduct and irresponsibility.

So the reaction to growing illegitimacy is not sexual responsibility, but abortion.

The reaction to drug addiction is safe injection sites.

The solution to the breakdown of the family is for the State to set itself up as the ersatz husband for single mothers and the ersatz father to their children.

The call comes for more and more social programs to deal with the wreckage. While we think we are solving problems, we are underwriting them.

We start with an untrammeled freedom and we end up as dependents of a coercive state on which we depend.

Interestingly, this idea of the State as the alleviator of bad consequences has given rise to a new moral system that goes hand-in-hand with the secularization of society. It can be called the system of “macro-morality.” It is in some ways an inversion of Christian morality.

Christianity teaches a micro-morality. We transform the world by focusing on our own personal morality and transformation.

The new secular religion teaches macro-morality. One’s morality is not gauged by their private conduct, but rather on their commitment to political causes and collective action to address social problems.

This system allows us to not worry so much about the strictures on our private lives, while we find salvation on the picket-line. We can signal our finely-tuned moral sensibilities by demonstrating for this cause or that.

Something happened recently that crystalized the difference between these moral systems. I was attending Mass at a parish I did not usually go to in Washington, D.C. At the end of Mass, the Chairman of the Social Justice Committee got up to give his report to the parish. He pointed to the growing homeless problem in D.C. and explained that more mobile soup kitchens were needed to feed them. This being a Catholic church, I expected him to call for volunteers to go out and provide this need. Instead, he recounted all the visits that the Committee had made to the D.C. government to lobby for higher taxes and more spending to fund mobile soup kitchen.

A third phenomenon which makes it difficult for the pendulum to swing back is the way law is being used as a battering ram to break down traditional moral values and to establish moral relativism as a new orthodoxy.

Law is being used as weapon in a couple of ways.

First, either through legislation but more frequently through judicial interpretation, secularists have been continually seeking to eliminate laws that reflect traditional moral norms.

At first, this involved rolling back laws that prohibited certain kinds of conduct. Thus, the watershed decision legalizing abortion. And since then, the legalization of euthanasia. The list goes on.

More recently, we have seen the law used aggressively to force religious people and entities to subscribe to practices and policies that are antithetical to their faith.

The problem is not that religion is being forced on others. The problem is that irreligion and secular values are being forced on people of faith.

This reminds me of how some Roman emperors could not leave their loyal Christian subjects in peace but would mandate that they violate their conscience by offering religious sacrifice to the emperor as a god.

Similarly, militant secularists today do not have a live and let live spirit - they are not content to leave religious people alone to practice their faith. Instead, they seem to take a delight in compelling people to violate their conscience.

For example, the last Administration sought to force religious employers, including Catholic religious orders, to violate their sincerely held religious views by funding contraceptive and abortifacient coverage in their health plans. Similarly, California has sought to require pro-life pregnancy centers to provide notices of abortion rights.

This refusal to accommodate the free exercise of religion is relatively recent. Just 25 years ago, there was broad consensus in our society that our laws should accommodate religious belief.

In 1993, Congress passed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act – RFRA. The purpose of the statute was to promote maximum accommodation to religion when the government adopted broad policies that could impinge on religious practice.

At the time, RFRA was not controversial. It was introduced by Chuck Schumer with 170 cosponsors in the House, and was introduced by Ted Kennedy and Orrin Hatch with 59 additional cosponsors in the Senate. It passed by voice vote in the House and by a vote of 97-3 in the Senate.

Recently, as the process of secularization has accelerated, RFRA has come under assault, and the idea of religious accommodation has fallen out of favor.

Because this Administration firmly supports accommodation of religion, the battleground has shifted to the states. Some state governments are now attempting to compel religious individuals and entities to subscribe to practices, or to espouse viewpoints, that are incompatible with their religion.

Ground zero for these attacks on religion are the schools. To me, this is the most serious challenge to religious liberty.

For anyone who has a religious faith, by far the most important part of exercising that faith is the teaching of that religion to our children. The passing on of the faith. There is no greater gift we can give our children and no greater expression of love.

For the government to interfere in that process is a monstrous invasion of religious liberty.

Yet here is where the battle is being joined, and I see the secularists are attacking on three fronts.

The first front relates to the content of public school curriculum.
Many states are adopting curriculum that is incompatible with traditional religious principles according to which parents are attempting to raise their children. They often do so without any opt out for religious families.

Thus, for example, New Jersey recently passed a law requiring public schools to adopt an LGBT curriculum that many feel is inconsistent with traditional Christian teaching. Similar laws have been passed in California and Illinois. And the Orange County Board of Education in California issued an opinion that “parents who disagree with the instructional materials related to gender, gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation may not excuse their children from this instruction.”

Indeed, in some cases, the schools may not even warn parents about lessons they plan to teach on controversial subjects relating to sexual behavior and relationships.

This puts parents who dissent from the secular orthodoxy to a difficult choice: Try to scrape together the money for private school or home schooling, or allow their children to be inculcated with messages that they fundamentally reject.

A second axis of attack in the realm of education are state policies designed to starve religious schools of generally-available funds and encouraging students to choose secular options. Montana, for example, created a program that provided tax credits to those who donated to a scholarship program that underprivileged students could use to attend private school. The point of the program was to provide greater parental and student choice in education and to provide better educations to needy youth.

But Montana expressly excluded religiously-affiliated private schools from the program. And when that exclusion was challenged in court by parents who wanted to use the scholarships to attend a nondenominational Christian school, the Montana Supreme Court required the state to eliminate the program rather than allow parents to use scholarships for religious schools.

It justified this action by pointing to a provision in Montana’s State Constitution commonly referred to as a “Blaine Amendment.” Blaine Amendments were passed at a time of rampant anti-Catholic animus in this country, and typically disqualify religious institutions from receiving any direct or indirect payments from a state’s funds.

The case is now in the Supreme Court, and we filed a brief explaining why Montana’s Blaine Amendment violates the First Amendment.

A third kind of assault on religious freedom in education have been recent efforts to use state laws to force religious schools to adhere to secular orthodoxy. For example, right here in Indiana, a teacher sued the Catholic Archbishop of Indianapolis for directing the Catholic schools within his diocese that they could not employ teachers in same-sex marriages because the example of those same-sex marriages would undermine the schools’ teaching on the Catholic view of marriage and complementarity between the sexes.

This lawsuit clearly infringes the First Amendment rights of the Archdiocese by interfering both with its expressive association and with its church autonomy. The Department of Justice filed a statement of interest in the state court making these points, and we hope that the state court will soon dismiss the case.

Taken together, these cases paint a disturbing picture. We see the State requiring local public schools to insert themselves into contentious social debates, without regard for the religious views of their students or parents. In effect, these states are requiring local communities to make their public schools inhospitable to families with traditional religious values; those families are implicitly told that they should conform or leave.

At the same time, pressure is placed on religious schools to abandon their religious convictions. Simply because of their religious character, they are starved of funds – students who would otherwise choose to attend them are told they may only receive scholarships if they turn their sights elsewhere.

Simultaneously, they are threatened in tort and, eventually, will undoubtedly be threatened with denial of accreditation if they adhere to their religious character. If these measures are successful, those with religious convictions will become still more marginalized.

I do not mean to suggest that there is no hope for moral renewal in our country.

But we cannot sit back and just hope the pendulum is going to swing back toward sanity.

As Catholics, we are committed to the Judeo-Christian values that have made this country great.

And we know that the first thing we have to do to promote renewal is to ensure that we are putting our principles into practice in our own personal private lives.

We understand that only by transforming ourselves can we transform the world beyond ourselves.

This is tough work. It is hard to resist the constant seductions of our contemporary society. This is where we need grace, prayer, and the help of our church.

Beyond this, we must place greater emphasis on the moral education of our children.

Education is not vocational training. It is leading our children to the recognition that there is truth and helping them develop the faculties to discern and love the truth and the discipline to live by it.

We cannot have a moral renaissance unless we succeed in passing to the next generation our faith and values in full vigor.

The times are hostile to this. Public agencies, including public schools, are becoming secularized and increasingly are actively promoting moral relativism.

If ever there was a need for a resurgence of Catholic education – and more generally religiously-affiliated schools – it is today.

I think we should do all we can to promote and support authentic Catholic education at all levels.

Finally, as lawyers, we should be particularly active in the struggle that is being waged against religion on the legal plane.

We must be vigilant to resist efforts by the forces of secularization to drive religious viewpoints from the public square and to impinge upon the free exercise of our faith.

I can assure you that, as long as I am Attorney General, the Department of Justice will be at the forefront of this effort, ready to fight for the most cherished of our liberties: the freedom to live according to our faith.

Thank you for the opportunity to talk with you today. And God bless you and Notre Dame.

Back
Top Bottom