Session 19 July 2014

gottathink said:
Hi there Lainey,
It has been very helpful for me to read of/connect with others like yourself, you have summed it up well.
I was having an "off" kind of morning, you know when ever small thing makes you go "really?....REALLY?" then I read this and it has turned my mood around. So thank you for your reply :D

Thanks for everybody"s contribution for making these transcripts available and for the discussions that followed.

These last two transcripts gave me a sense of timelessness - not just because our calendar is erroneous, our history is largely unreliable, or communication across time and space is possible....timelessness is literally a suspension of continuity - the continuity of our perception of the world, the suspension of predictability of what tomorrow can bring about, the realization of our fragility and the possibility of opening up towards new horizons.

I studied what shocks can do and I use them during my therapy sessions with clients who were stuck in certain life situations or ways of thinking. Shocks literally makes your erroneous and outworn attempts to solve a situation to stop, as they create a space (a void) in the continuum of space and time where new approaches can be inserted. So the shock is needed to stop whatever is going on and, afterwards, a strategically devised intervention can be applied. Shocks make one quitting the old system and the familiar, though inefficient, operating methods, or feelings or thoughts.

It was said that in times like this huge amount of information are being released, and it must be gathered otherwise will be lost. I thought a lot about what is the best way to use all this information we have at our disposal.

Maybe the safest way to handle it is to research it, select it and apply it thoroughly, but never get obsessed over the outcome.

There were some threads about getting prepared, investing in what is useful, developing skills, forming communities, moving , etc.

Well, the C's said repeatedly how anticipation helps or hinders.
So, my opinion is that, in order to not become needy, I buy some necessary items but I will not get into the obsession of buying more and more, as I can't anticipate neither the length nor the circumstances that will develop. All could be lost in one minute. And I don't want to turn into a guardian of stocked goods. But I do some buying, just to show my intentions are serious. This way I anticipate and, hopefully, avoid being totally helpless.

I also intend to apply these strategies to other aspects of life: when the shock shatters the illusion of continuity , new vistas open up. It happened to me before, so I got this habit to apply myself shocks each time I noticed that I started to take myself too seriously ( that is, I felt that something was too hard, took to much, lasted too long, was boring , whatever). This is also a warm up exercise for the big one.

This approach saved me a lot of energy which would have been wasted on nonproductive attitudes.

Just my two cents.
Joy

Joy Shared said:
Thanks for everybody"s contribution for making these transcripts available and for the discussions that followed.

These last two transcripts gave me a sense of timelessness - not just because our calendar is erroneous, our history is largely unreliable, or communication across time and space is possible....timelessness is literally a suspension of continuity - the continuity of our perception of the world, the suspension of predictability of what tomorrow can bring about, the realization of our fragility and the possibility of opening up towards new horizons.

I studied what shocks can do and I use them during my therapy sessions with clients who were stuck in certain life situations or ways of thinking. Shocks literally makes your erroneous and outworn attempts to solve a situation to stop, as they create a space (a void) in the continuum of space and time where new approaches can be inserted. So the shock is needed to stop whatever is going on and, afterwards, a strategically devised intervention can be applied. Shocks make one quitting the old system and the familiar, though inefficient, operating methods, or feelings or thoughts.

It was said that in times like this huge amount of information are being released, and it must be gathered otherwise will be lost. I thought a lot about what is the best way to use all this information we have at our disposal.

Maybe the safest way to handle it is to research it, select it and apply it thoroughly, but never get obsessed over the outcome.

There were some threads about getting prepared, investing in what is useful, developing skills, forming communities, moving , etc.

Well, the C's said repeatedly how anticipation helps or hinders.
So, my opinion is that, in order to not become needy, I buy some necessary items but I will not get into the obsession of buying more and more, as I can't anticipate neither the length nor the circumstances that will develop. All could be lost in one minute. And I don't want to turn into a guardian of stocked goods. But I do some buying, just to show my intentions are serious. This way I anticipate and, hopefully, avoid being totally helpless.

I also intend to apply these strategies to other aspects of life: when the shock shatters the illusion of continuity , new vistas open up. It happened to me before, so I got this habit to apply myself shocks each time I noticed that I started to take myself too seriously ( that is, I felt that something was too hard, took to much, lasted too long, was boring , whatever). This is also a warm up exercise for the big one.

This approach saved me a lot of energy which would have been wasted on nonproductive attitudes.

Just my two cents.
Joy

Joy Shared,

I relate to the things you mention above. I always have thought of shocks as something we just encounter. I am curious to know an example of how you "apply myself" shocks and if it seems to be working.

I found this reference in ISOTM:

"There is also the possibility of being awakened by mechanical means. A man may be awakened by an alarm clock. But the trouble is that a man gets accustomed to the alarm clock far too quickly, he ceases to hear it. Many alarm clocks are necessary and always new ones. Otherwise a man must surround himself with alarm clocks which will prevent him sleeping. But here again there are certain difficulties. Alarm clocks must be wound up; in order to wind them up one must remember about them; in order to remember one must wake up often. But what is still worse, a man gets used to all alarm clocks and after a certain time he only sleeps the better for them. Therefore alarm clocks must be constantly changed, new ones must be continually invented. In the course of time this may help a man to awaken. But there is very little chance of a man doing all the work of winding up, inventing, and changing clocks all by himself, without outside help. It is much more likely that he will begin this work and that it will afterwards pass into sleep, and in sleep he will dream of inventing alarm clocks, of winding them up and changing them, and simply sleep all the sounder for it.
"Therefore, in order to awaken, a combination of efforts is needed. It is necessary that somebody should wake "the man up; it is necessary that somebody should look after the man who wakes him; it is necessary to have alarm clocks and it is also necessary continually to invent new alarm clocks.
"But in order to achieve all this and to obtain results a certain number of people must work together.

FWIW,
goyacobol :)

Gaolea said:
Thank you very much for the session was wonderfull! :D

I wonder why the C's say good bye too quickly

Hi Gaolea, although it seems they said good bye too quickly I think the sessions take time (an hour, maybe two) and energy. :)

Laura said:
Session Date: July 19th 2014

(Pierre) The question I wanted to answer is, those shocks due to cosmic activity... Is it because on the psychological level, there is this fear and people are thinking, "Oh, it's real!" And/or because cosmic activity might modify the electromagnetic environment and stimulate shifts in some people?

A: A little of both. And for now Goodbye.

(Perceval) They just took off?

(Ark) That was a shock! [laughter]

(Alana) 9/11 was a shock, right? And so many people like myself included, started... I remember being in Europe and thinking, "I haven't ever been watching the news. Why did this come? Why did this happen?" How many people started asking questions and trying to understand what happened? That's how many people found the forum. It took a shock.

(L) Yeah, so that's one kind of big shock. So, if there gets to be another big, humongous shock, there's going to be a whole different attitude about things; but only if people have the knowledge to parse it.

(Perceval) I think it has to be a shock that isn't selective. It has to be something that can't be dismissed as just happening to "those people over there”. It has to be something that threatens everybody. A visceral kind of "Oh my god! My ass is toast!"

(Chu) Problem with those is that it's usually too late, if it's threatening the entire world.

(L) Well, obviously there's going to be… well... a really big shock would necessarily include death on a massive scale.

(Perceval) But I'm talking here about only the people who, as they said, contained the seed of knowledge that has been planted. The vast majority of people don't even have that.

(Bubbles) Don't the C's have loads of free time? Where did they go?

(L) I think they perceived my tiredness.

Perceval) It seems to me that this might apply to a lot of forum members who have been just quietly absorbing the information, but unable to do anything with it because of all this programming and stuff. The seed of knowledge has been planted in those people, but they haven't actually done anything with it.
Regarding this ...I know that I'm not so active in the forum, because English is not my language I do speak Spanish, but I do can read and understand English very well, and also because Here where I live I don't know anybody who read Laura and the cassiopaeans..or else...but I 've been reading laura for more than 4 or 5 years..and all the sessions..sometimes is a lonely situation....the only thing I can do is slowly but steady making my own choices..it is not easy because I don"t share it with friends or family, in the minute you are going to say something different , people don't want to ear or think more of what they just see.....but the seed is here with me..and sometimes I wonder what for? but anyway
thank you, thank you ,for being here all the members of the forum and the C'S , Laura ,and the team.....wonderful as always this last 2 sessions
wow!! This is amazing...<3 :)

piliangie,
I very well understand how you feel. You're not alone. There is only one person I know personally that reads SOTT and the Cassiopaean information. Between the two of us, we feel very isolated in this world. But, at least I have one person to talk to. I have also tried to talk to people about the Cassiopaean material and the events that are happening around the world and it's rare that I don't get back either ridicule, a condescending smile or just a blank stare. I read the SOTT pages daily, have read many of Laura's books and occasionally read the forums but, I too seldom post. There were times that I wanted to share a news article or video that I thought would be helpful or interesting to someone but after searching the forum found it already there. In a certain way, the forum has kind of morphed into a database. Try to stay focused and aware piliangie. I would like to mention to the mods that I would like to help in any way possible. I'm not sure in what area I could be most helpful but certainly it could be somewhere. Just point me in the right direction.

Joy Shared,

I relate to the things you mention above. I always have thought of shocks as something we just encounter. I am curious to know an example of how you "apply myself" shocks and if it seems to be working.

I found this reference in ISOTM:

"There is also the possibility of being awakened by mechanical means. A man may be awakened by an alarm clock. But the trouble is that a man gets accustomed to the alarm clock far too quickly, he ceases to hear it. Many alarm clocks are necessary and always new ones. Otherwise a man must surround himself with alarm clocks which will prevent him sleeping. But here again there are certain difficulties. Alarm clocks must be wound up; in order to wind them up one must remember about them; in order to remember one must wake up often. But what is still worse, a man gets used to all alarm clocks and after a certain time he only sleeps the better for them. Therefore alarm clocks must be constantly changed, new ones must be continually invented. In the course of time this may help a man to awaken. But there is very little chance of a man doing all the work of winding up, inventing, and changing clocks all by himself, without outside help. It is much more likely that he will begin this work and that it will afterwards pass into sleep, and in sleep he will dream of inventing alarm clocks, of winding them up and changing them, and simply sleep all the sounder for it.
"Therefore, in order to awaken, a combination of efforts is needed. It is necessary that somebody should wake "the man up; it is necessary that somebody should look after the man who wakes him; it is necessary to have alarm clocks and it is also necessary continually to invent new alarm clocks.
"But in order to achieve all this and to obtain results a certain number of people must work together.

FWIW,
[/quote]

Hi Goyacobol,

It's quite tricky to find an example of self administered shock, that might work for somebody I 'm not acquainted to. You see, all the like psychological interventions are sort of custom made, strategically applied, with a pinch of humor, spontaneity...and an element of surprise. And there are many: light weight, or heavy duty type.

I think I'll just mention a few, without recommending any of them.

A. Light weight interventions

1. For one week I do something differently, then I switch to another item - this helps to avoid getting into routines
2. I pick some task which has no meaning, no reward, perhaps even useless, but I do it nevertheless for a while - this cuts back self importance
3. I pick a new activity and insert it in my daily agenda, and I do it even if it is hard and I have to reorganize priorities. (such as 1 hour of sports of some kind).
4. I do what I don't like to do as often as I can when faced with an opportunity to do so.

B. Medium hard

I do what I was afraid to do so far (public speaking, media presentations, confronting an authoritarian figure, giving up false security, changing roles, changing professions, going into uncharted territory) - all these need preparation!

C. Heavy duty interventions - Facing the impermanence of life, invoking my own death to help me contemplate my life, my actions and my choices. This is hard to explain to somebody who faced no real life- threat. But I was in a very dire situation at that time and I fully realized that nothing is too hard when you have to do it as if it were your last chance to do it right, in order to leave behind all things in good order: as if there was no tomorrow to follow that present day. And I chose that I still got the power to resist one more day.....so I acted that way again, and again...and in short time everything changed inside and outside me. My anxiety disappeared, found a new job, etc.

Hope you got the idea. If you need more details, just ask.

Joy

Joy Shared said:
A. Light weight interventions

1. For one week I do something differently, then I switch to another item - this helps to avoid getting into routines
2. I pick some task which has no meaning, no reward, perhaps even useless, but I do it nevertheless for a while - this cuts back self importance
3. I pick a new activity and insert it in my daily agenda, and I do it even if it is hard and I have to reorganize priorities. (such as 1 hour of sports of some kind).
4. I do what I don't like to do as often as I can when faced with an opportunity to do so.

B. Medium hard

I do what I was afraid to do so far (public speaking, media presentations, confronting an authoritarian figure, giving up false security, changing roles, changing professions, going into uncharted territory) - all these need preparation!

C. Heavy duty interventions - Facing the impermanence of life, invoking my own death to help me contemplate my life, my actions and my choices. This is hard to explain to somebody who faced no real life- threat. But I was in a very dire situation at that time and I fully realized that nothing is too hard when you have to do it as if it were your last chance to do it right, in order to leave behind all things in good order: as if there was no tomorrow to follow that present day. And I chose that I still got the power to resist one more day.....so I acted that way again, and again...and in short time everything changed inside and outside me. My anxiety disappeared, found a new job, etc.

Joy Shared,

This is exactly what I needed. I have sometimes used the Heavy Duty C. suggestion and also the number 1 idea to not be "routinary" as G. might say. I wish had used the number 2 idea a couple of days ago while trimming the shrubbery around the yard. I went about it as the number 4 suggestion of doing something I don't like that much and hurried just to get it done. In the rush to finnish I "accidentally?" scratched my arm on one of the sharp previously cut branches of a bush and then later cut my index finger on the trimmer blade (ouch).

I should have " pick some task which has no meaning, no reward, perhaps even useless, but I do it nevertheless for a while - this cuts back self importance" and slowed down.

Thanks for sharing,

That's an excellent work you've been doing for a long time. Thank you for that.

I'm no sure if it were ever a matter of interest in any session, but could you possibly reveal the truth of the catastrophy of Polish government plane in Smolensk?

All the best

zaarus said:
That's an excellent work you've been doing for a long time. Thank you for that.

I'm no sure if it were ever a matter of interest in any session, but could you possibly reveal the truth of the catastrophy of Polish government plane in Smolensk?

All the best

Hi Zaarus,

Seeing as this is your first post on the forum, we would appreciate it if you would post a brief intro about yourself in the Newbies section, telling us how you found this forum, how long you've been reading it and/or the SOTT page, whether or not you've read any of Laura's books yet, etc. There are some introductions you can look at in that section to get an idea.

Welcome to the forum! :D

zaarus said:

Welcome to the forum, zaarus.

I'm not sure about the sessions, but this topic deals extensively with your query: Part of Polish gov members including president probably dead in plane crash

As it so happens, the latest post (# 157) from Nienna in that thread says:

Along with reading through this thread, there are several articles about this crash on SOTT.net. Just put Smolensk in the search function.

Here is one for starters:

http://www.sott.net/article/208992-Smolensk-Crash-A-Wake-Up-Call-For-Us-All

Hope this helps a bit. :)

Laura said:
(L) Well, let me ask this: 20 years ago, on 3rd December 1994, you gave a series of short little prophecies. Being so long ago, they kind of hit to the side, but one of the first was, "Ukraine explosion; chemical or nuclear". The second one was: "Hawaii crash; aviation, possibly involving military." And those two were juxtaposed next to each other, and there was a semicolon and period, and then the next sequence began. The next sequence was a series of earthquakes in California, destruction of California, Mount Lassen, several other volcanoes along the west coast of the US erupting, the sea floor subsiding, and so forth.

{3 Dec 1004: Ukraine explosion; chemical or nuclear. Hawaii crash; aviation, possibly involving military. More California seismic activity after 1st of year: San Diego, San Bernardino, North Bakersfield, Barstow: all are fracture points. Hollister, Palo Alto, Imperial, Ukiah, Eureka, Point Mendocino, Monterrey, Offshore San Luis Obispo, Capistrano, Carmel: these are all stress points of fracture in sequence. “Time” is indefinite. Expect gradual destruction of California economy as people begin mass exodus. Also, Shasta erupts; Lassen activity. Ocean floor begins to subside.

Getting to my question: Was that “Hawaii crash” a reference to what has happened here recently, like for example with MH 370 and MH 17? Even though the original was Hawaii, I would say Malaysia is in the Pacific more or less, so it's kind of sideways... Was that a reference to these events, even that far in advance?

A: Yes.

Q: (Perceval) So that was seen that far in advance as a marker, as a major event. There's been a lot of stuff that has happened since then that they didn't mention. So, why did that one stand out 20 years ago? Why did this event stand out so strongly? Are we all screwed?

A: Interpretation is key. The elements here are metaphoric. That far in advance it can only be approximate. However, note the confluence of major elements in terms of similarity.

Could California breaking up (geologically and economically) be metaphoric as well? And could it be related to the recent "push" of breaking California up into six states?
_http://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbrown/2014/07/17/six-californias-initiative/

Michael Martin said:
Could California breaking up (geologically and economically) be metaphoric as well? And could it be related to the recent "push" of breaking California up into six states?
_http://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbrown/2014/07/17/six-californias-initiative/

Nice catch Michael. Yes that's very likely a possibility or it could also be a combination of both, i.e. California breaking up into six states and possible major geological activities occurring.

Let's wait and see. :)

ripvanwinkle said:
Perceval) It seems to me that this might apply to a lot of forum members who have been just quietly absorbing the information, but unable to do anything with it because of all this programming and stuff. The seed of knowledge has been planted in those people, but they haven't actually done anything with it.
Regarding this ...I know that I'm not so active in the forum, because English is not my language I do speak Spanish, but I do can read and understand English very well, and also because Here where I live I don't know anybody who read Laura and the cassiopaeans..or else...but I 've been reading laura for more than 4 or 5 years..and all the sessions..sometimes is a lonely situation....the only thing I can do is slowly but steady making my own choices..it is not easy because I don"t share it with friends or family, in the minute you are going to say something different , people don't want to ear or think more of what they just see.....but the seed is here with me..and sometimes I wonder what for? but anyway
thank you, thank you ,for being here all the members of the forum and the C'S , Laura ,and the team.....wonderful as always this last 2 sessions
wow!! This is amazing...<3 :)

piliangie,
I very well understand how you feel. You're not alone. There is only one person I know personally that reads SOTT and the Cassiopaean information. Between the two of us, we feel very isolated in this world. But, at least I have one person to talk to. I have also tried to talk to people about the Cassiopaean material and the events that are happening around the world and it's rare that I don't get back either ridicule, a condescending smile or just a blank stare. I read the SOTT pages daily, have read many of Laura's books and occasionally read the forums but, I too seldom post. There were times that I wanted to share a news article or video that I thought would be helpful or interesting to someone but after searching the forum found it already there. In a certain way, the forum has kind of morphed into a database. Try to stay focused and aware piliangie. I would like to mention to the mods that I would like to help in any way possible. I'm not sure in what area I could be most helpful but certainly it could be somewhere. Just point me in the right direction.
Perhaps you could get involved as a SOTT translator or proof reader? I know they have some spanish folk on board already. Maybe you could join them?
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,31252.0.html

Thank you so much for sharing your work. It's a blessing.

It made me reflect a lot about fears.

This thread is full of worthwile quotes : http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,9782.msg71263.html#msg71263
Here are some of them :

"Trauma engenders fear .... Both your actual parents' behavior and your internalized parents' critical messages, no matter how mystifying, are driven by FEARS: fear of being seen as flawed, fear of feeling powerless, fear of feeling invalidated, fear of feeling vulnerable, fear of losing emotional control."-Dan Neuharth

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-- Frank Herbert, Dune. Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

"Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety."
-- Plato.

"Anything I've ever done that ultimately was worthwhile... initially scared me to death."
-- Betty Bender.

"Neither comprehension nor learning can take place in an atmosphere of anxiety."
-- Frank Smith.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear."
-- Ambrose Redmoon.

"Fear defeats more people than any other one thing in the world."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson.

"We fear things in proportion to our ignorance of them."-Livy

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." -Yoda

"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."-Yoda

Quote from: Gurdjieff

The second barrier is very often the conquest of fear. A man usually has many unnecessary, imaginary fears. Lies and fears-this is the atmosphere in which an ordinary man lives. Just as the conquest of lying is individual, so also is the conquest of fear. Every man has fears of his own which are peculiar to him alone. These fears must first be found and then destroyed. The fears of which I speak are usually connected with the lies among which a man lives. You must realize that they have nothing in common with the fear of spiders or of mice or of a dark room, or with unaccountable nervous fears.

The struggle against lying in oneself and the struggle against fears is the first positive work which a man begins to do.

Also this article from Zadius Sky http://www.sott.net/article/142924-Fear-and-Knowledge

Fear is very much known to everyone and it is highly contagious. We see it everywhere, especially in today's world. When one becomes fearful, one's mind resorts to a state of being clouded or paralyzed. In order to overcome this kind of fear, one would require knowledge and the ability to think for oneself. Knowledge can surely protect us from that which we would be fearful of.

Imagine going to a jungle or to a far away place where wild animals reside. You see a tiger, which will begin to growl at you when you come near it. You would then become fearful or paralyzed. You would have no idea what to do except to run. Then, she would come running after you and eventually kill you. However, when a tiger is considered to be your favorite animal, you might not be paralyzed when you see it and instead you would want to pet it. But, you would still get killed. The tiger was protecting herself and her cubs, and sees you as only a threat. So, what to do? Before getting into a situation like this, you would need to gain knowledge of the nature of the tiger. Before going off to some forest or jungle, you might need to consult with experts in the field or read up on the subjects of wild animals. Start with their history, how they live, the works. Research all sides of a situation or everything on the subject. By gaining knowledge of tigers and their way of life, you would be much less fearful of the tiger when you do encounter it. Then, you would instantly know what to do.

Fear can only control us when we do not know in depth about the things we fear. When you fear a certain thing, that is the thing you should be learning about. You will then gain knowledge that is stored in your unconscious mind, so that when the moment comes, you make a better 'snap judgment' to protect yourself. It is very much like training your mind and body before facing the danger, without becoming paralyzed by sudden fright.

When a person learns of something, he or she will begin to become fearful if that 'something' (e.g., spider or terrorist) would be considered as a danger to one's survival. Learning does have its rewards.

Here is an interesting conversation between Don Juan and Carlos Castaneda from The Teachings of Don Juan:

(Don Juan said)"When a man starts to learn, he is never clear about his objectives. His purpose is faulty; his intent is vague. He hopes for rewards that will never materialize for he knows nothing of the hardships of learning.

"He slowly begins to learn - bit by bit at first, then in big chunks. And his thoughts soon clash. What he learns is never what he pictured, or imagined, and so he begins to be afraid. Learning is never what one expects. Every step of learning is a new task, and the fear the man is experiencing begins to mount mercilessly, unyieldingly. His purpose becomes a battlefield.

"And thus he has stumbled upon the first of his natural enemies: Fear! A terrible enemy - treacherous, and difficult to overcome. It remains concealed at every turn of the way, prowling, waiting. And if the man, terrified in its presence, runs away, his enemy will have put an end to his quest."

"What will happen to the man if he runs away in fear?"(asked Carlos)

"Nothing happens to him except that he will never learn. He will never become a man of knowledge. He will perhaps be a bully, or a harmless, scared man; at any rate, he will be a defeated man. His first enemy will have put an end to his cravings."

"And what can he do to overcome fear?"

"The answer is very simple. He must not run away. He must defy his fear, and in spite of it he must take the next step in learning, and the next, and the next. He must be fully afraid, and yet he must not stop. That is the rule! And a moment will come when his first enemy retreats. The man begins to feel sure of himself. His intent becomes stronger. Learning is no longer a terrifying task.

"When this joyful moment comes, the man can say without hesitation that he has defeated his first natural enemy."

"Does it happen at once, don Juan, or little by little?"

"It happens little by little, and yet the fear is vanquished suddenly and fast."

"But won't the man be afraid again if something new happens to him?"

"No. Once a man has vanquished fear, he is free from it for the rest of his life because, instead of fear, he has acquired clarity - a clarity of mind which erases fear. By then a man knows his desires; he knows how to satisfy those desires. He can anticipate the new steps of learning and a sharp clarity surrounds everything. The man feels that nothing is concealed." (p. 53-54)

When one becomes so fearful, it is very easy to run away and hide. However, when one hides from danger, that danger will come to him or her later in life. The fear will never go away if one hides. In order to overcome your fear, learn about what you fear, and be objective in your learning. Then you will reach the point where your fears become less and less.

When one learns more about what one fears, one will begin to have strong courage to face certain danger.

According to Martha Stout in her book, Paranoia Switch:

You as an individual human being must realize that you already have an illuminating psychological tool for casting some light on both overt and covert terrorism, two of the darkest forms of psychological abuse ever to be perpetrated. The tool you possess is courage: first, the courage to reevaluate the real physical threat of terrorism to you personally (...) and second, the courage not to be retraumatized and controlled by foreign terrorists - or by political scaremongers right here at home, who are motivated to keep your subliminal fear and your sense of dread at the simmering point. View the information that bombards you with an analytical eye. Do not pledge allegiance to paranoia. Just as it is for a battered and submissive spouse, courageously deciding to get out of a trap built of fear is by far the most knowledgeable, the sanest, and the safest thing you can do. (142-3)

What it all comes down to is: don't give into your fears, try to know more about what you fear from all angles, and you will no longer be controlled by your fears.

Knowledge will protect you in so many ways.

How does it feel like to lose ALL one's fears? Feeling like "It's a good day to die".
Chapter 70 of the Wave quotes Ledoux and his works too.
So we have this distinction between high and low road, how to get rid of the fears that directly go to the amygdala ? I suppose these fears relate to what Gurdjeff calls 'nervous fear', and are not the one that concerns us here. But if the amygdala memorized a specific fear, I guess there must be a way to get rid of it too.

Back
Top Bottom