Session 24 October 2009

Thanks for the session!

This is perhaps a dumb question, but I have to ask:

Isn't being a member of this SOTT forum, the same as
being a member of QFS?

I couldn't read this session as easily as the others. Not that I had a negative reaction or anything; just the opposite! There was a lot of activity going on in my mental and emotional center at the same time that made it difficult to stay focused. I am happy to report, though, that I was NOT hallucinating when I thought I saw this coming as a logical consequence of our growth in the middle of this ponerized civilization.

As the information in this session settled in, I experienced a shift in my perspective of this entire Work. I thought I understood the idea "Life is Religion", but now this realization has seated in the center where it seems to belong.

This is bound to go down in History as the most awesome thing to happen for good people! Thank you everyone! :clap:

Oh - I had no idea this was in the planning stages as well! I am so excited - I have had so many days of ups and downs with the breathing and meditation lately - and more than a few days slogging through the Swamp...this helps so much. Just knowing that so many great things are happening at levels I don't even know is so heartening!! ;)

I am so elated and feel so fortunate to be part of this. Thank you so very much for all you are doing!

This is such great news!!! Laura's writings, this forum, and the newspage has changed my life in so many ways.

I am not the same person I was when I stumbled onto Laura's work in the summer of 2007. I knew immediately then that I had come home.

I am very close to a Teacher that I've been with for over 20 years, and since I've been reading Sott, I started asking questions to see if there was alignment between the two teachings, and there is - she knows about the hyperdimensional beings, but she calls them by a different name.

As I've learned more through Laura's writings and the writings on this forum, she too has been teaching me more.

The other day, when I called her to discuss a devastating situation that I'm facing with my daughter, she said:

"I hope that group that you're working with makes you look at yourselves."

I really had to laugh. Then she told me some really sobering things about myself in as nice a way as she could. If I hadn't read the narcissism books, I wouldn't have been able to bear what she was telling me which is basically that the problems I'm having with my daughter is because of me.

She was right. So I have to deal with that, and when I'm ready, I'll write about it on the forum.

I really appreciate that SOTT puts all the information out there. I was ready for it, and it really helped me grow and self-correct in many ways.

I can't abandon my former teacher: she's in her 70s and I send her money every month, and I have also been contributing to Sott.

Please don't make me choose; it would break my heart.

moksha said:
Laura, is there a way to send and accept requests via the internet? That will also make it easier to catalog and maintan a computerized database of member records and communications.

Well, as has been mentioned, we want a legal paper trail for everyone. However, it has been suggested to have the documents downloadable so that people can fill them out and send them in. I think we can do that. It will take a little time so we can formulate the forms, get them uploaded and available.

Mr. Scott said:
Would it be possible to do this by email? There was a postal strike here in the UK on Thursday and Friday (22 and 23 October), and they are planning another three-day strike quite soon, so the postal service is disrupted.

I think the idea here is to create an honest to god paper trail. Legally speaking, e-mails are usually not very useful. A signed document carries weight in court and is more official.

This way, the Fellowship has your official request on file, and eventually your signed statement, and you end up with an official copy of both plus a membership card. This ain't no "Universal Web Church" where you sign up on the net! :lol:

In any case, not to worry... If the post where you are is causing troubles for too long, we'll find a way around it.

Yes, we'll sort things out. I'll ask Mr. Scott if he can set up an official email account for the Fellowship and we can start taking requests by email and get things sorted out pretty fast. Give us a day or so to handle the logistics. This is going to be a huge project... oh, dear...

Tigersoap said:
Mr. Scott said:
I think the idea here is to create an honest to god paper trail. Legally speaking, e-mails are usually not very useful. A signed document carries weight in court and is more official.

Would it be possible to have the documents directly available for download ? I suppose most people can print them out, sign them and send them back via snail mail ?
maybe you don't want that for the above mentionned reason.

See above. I think we can do this, but it will all take a few days to sort out. We'll be on top of getting things in motion over the next couple of days.

Helle said:
Laura said:
You will receive from me a little questionnaire and statement of support of the principles that you must sign and return, and then I will send you a certificate of membership and a membership card to carry in your wallet. It will help if you include a few bux for postage!

How do I include a bit o' Bux the easiest way? I don't have cheques, so the easiest for me would be to make a banktransfer. I have an ongoing subscription to QFS, maybe I can find the bank info via that?

If you already have a subscription to SOTT, there will be a place to mention that on the form and that will count. As soon as we can do so, we'll set up the official bank account etc, but for now, as a "project of QFG", we can run things through there.

Nem said:
Wow, that's a huge step!
However, I'm quite concerned, and can be quite ignorant, but if it is an official and legal "religion" what about the current "religion" somebody is "signed in". You can't follow two religions right? So, for example, in order for myself to participate I would need to resign from the former resulting in apostasy ( so excommunication, loss of rights for a catholic marriage) etc ? Or am I misleading myself here? It's just so exciting but overwhelms me as well.

Well, that is something of a problem. You can't belong to both, obviously. An atty who writes articles on the net and specializes in this sort of thing has written the following:

Atty David Gibbs Jr. said:
Q: What constitutes a "church" in the eyes of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?
A: The Internal Revenue Code does not specifically define the term "church." However, because special tax rules apply to churches, it is important to distinguish them from other religious organizations. Certain characteristics are generally attributed to churches. These attributes were developed by the IRS and by court decisions and include the following:

* A distinct legal existence;
* A recognized creed and form of worship;
* A definite and distinct ecclesiastical government;
* A formal code of doctrine and discipline;
* A distinct religious history;
* A membership not associated with any other church or denomination;
* An organization of ordained ministers;
* Ordained ministers selected after completing prescribed courses of study or examination by doctrinal questioning;
* Established places of worship;
* A literature of its own;
* Regular congregations;
* Sunday schools for the religious instruction of the young; and
* Schools for the preparation of its ministers.

Although this list is not all-inclusive, and all of the attributes need not be present in every case, these characteristics, together with other facts and circumstances, are generally used to determine whether an organization constitutes a church for federal tax purposes.

dant said:
Thanks for the session!

This is perhaps a dumb question, but I have to ask:

Isn't being a member of this SOTT forum, the same as
being a member of QFS?

No, QFS is a private working group that has been in existence for 10 years now. However, this forum grew out of the way QFS works and the moderators are members of QFS. Most of the people who work on SOTT are members. The process of serious mirroring and working through issues is rather more intense in QFS and it's not for the faint of heart! QFS is another level of committment to working on the self and all members are known to us in real life, and known to each other also. They often meet together and some of them live and work together, some have started businesses together, and we have recently had four engagements between members announced! So it's like a big family.

Our work with this forum is to try to extend some of the principles we work through in QFS to a wider group of people, to work with people and help them, and when forum members are ready, they often join QFS. The same is true for some people who work on SOTT and in our translation group... they often decide to join QFS too.

Perhaps you didn't realize that we have so much activity going on behind the forum! And now, things are going to get very busy indeed and we are going to need all the helpers we can get because right now, about everybody is maxed out on the many projects we have going on!

Thank you for this clarification and I hope
this clarification makes it absolutely clear
to all, this crucial step, to become members
of the QFS Family! It is my wish to join!

I will send a letter to QFS, ASAP!

Kind regards!
Dan

Wow! Things are really heating up! :D

I think creating the Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind (FOTCM) is such a great and well thought of idea. Indeed, as long as each of us is "just other individual" we have few chances to penetrate and counter-balance the STS system. The Fellowship as an official religion seems to provide a great legal platform on which we can stand and hold our ground, our freedom to choose, think and act beyond the strict and depressing limits of the false STS propagated options and ideas, and in a specially good timing for the people living in the USA.

Unfortunately, as mentioned by other members, the protection of the FOTCM as an official religion cannot reach equally to all countries.
But, in the case of a similar great need (like the one USA is today) and depending on each country's legislation, i see no reason why it could not branch into another appropriate -in terms of provided protection- form like a kind of citizen group, non-profit organization or even a political party -or any legal form that can provide a kind of protection. Having the guidance and support of the original FOTCM as a pillar of strength, a lot of creative improvisation can take place in the fututre. For example, in Greece there are political parties (small and unknown most of them) that have a clear religious orientation and "agenda". Still, during the elections they have the right to some state funding for their promotion material, the right to legally post bills with their ideas on walls, the right for some pre-election time in state television etc. A Greek far-right political party (that got 5,5% in the recent elections) is even called "Popular Orthodox Alert", with "Orthodox" having clear connotations to the ruling Greek Orthodox Church. I know it is too early, and i do not want to put the cart before the horse here, but thinking out of the box is pretty often necessary. Also, I don't know if some things regarding the legal form of FOTCM in France can be made to also have validity in all the whole of the European Union while at it. I am only exploring the possibilities for the sake of an example here, but i am sure the fine collection of such great minds and souls that are involved in this project will know what to do when it is time. ;)

Thank you Laura and the team for such a great session and also for your care, courage and strength to pull the Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind together. I think you can count on us for whatever big or little each of us can do to help your efforts.

Spyros
:)

Wow, these are really great news! I had to laugh out because of happiness! It is a huge relief to hear that there indeed can be legal protection against the control system which becomes heavier and heavier each day. And the growing and connecting community is also a reason for joy!!! :clap:

I am so excited to join! :clap: Thank you to all that have worked to make this possible! I will do what I can to help the cause. :rockon:

[quote author=Laura]Our work with this forum is to try to extend some of the principles we work through in QFS to a wider group of people, to work with people and help them, and when forum members are ready, they often join QFS. The same is true for some people who work on SOTT and in our translation group... they often decide to join QFS too. [/quote]

This might be another silly question, but is joining FOTCM now the same as joining QFS? Or is QFS going to remain the level of "teachers" or "teachers of teachers" or however it is described in the sessions? Maybe this hasn't all been ironed out yet. If so, I'll wait till the appropriate time for a response. It sounds like you guys have a lot on your plates right now!

I'd be more than willing to donate whatever time I have available to help with projects and I tend to have a lot of free time on my hands as of late...

Thanks!

Wow! Many thanks to Laura and the team for this session, it has truly been the most powerful for me. I too was very emotional and crying while reading this session. I hope it's not self-importance, but I am really excited and proud to be a part of a group and religion such as this. This is definitely the one for me. I'll be level two when I start taking my detox supplements :P.

I formerly attended a Nazarene church, but didn't tithe and wasn't a member, so I don't think it will conflict legally. But whenever I filled out forms I'd write "Christian" for religion. I even did this at a hospital visit a few months ago, thinking it was strategic enclosure. I'll patiently wait for the forms to be completed and then fill them out and send them in. This is such a great time and even historic I feel for us. I'm very grateful for Laura and the team implementing this and all of their continued work and efforts.

mada85 said:
Wikipedia said:
It is also sometimes referred to in English poetry as Arcady.

FWIW, I remember the C's in a session said they like to call Ark "Arkady". :P

:clap: Wow! That's so great! I've been searching for such a thing my whole life (and sometimes got really lost on the way..)!
Ever since Pepperfritz passed away, I've felt closer and closer to people of the forum and this just comes as the icing on the cake!
I know it's not what we talk about here, but I cannot help but picture us all living together almost as a tribe (a Fellowship!), in harmony, peacefully - but that's just the hippie part of me talking I guess.

More than 10 years ago, a wise man once told me that my husband and I would be part of a network, that each of us would be like a Lego making up a strong and colourful wall! This is so true!!!

Thank you!

P.S.: In Belgium, where I live, we will directly be considered a cult.. :rolleyes:

RyanX said:
This might be another silly question, but is joining FOTCM now the same as joining QFS? Or is QFS going to remain the level of "teachers" or "teachers of teachers" or however it is described in the sessions? Maybe this hasn't all been ironed out yet. If so, I'll wait till the appropriate time for a response. It sounds like you guys have a lot on your plates right now!

I'd be more than willing to donate whatever time I have available to help with projects and I tend to have a lot of free time on my hands as of late...

Thanks!

From what Laura and the C's say:
Q: (L) So you're saying that we should open this to everyone? Right now? Launch it as a religion right now and offer memberships to not just QFS, but to forum members? Well, we had planned to include some forum members who were interested in teaching the breathing program - for their own protection - but, open the doors for anybody and everybody?

A: Pretty much!

I gather that QFS will stay QFS -- a private group for members wanting to participate more intensely and actively in the Work, as explained in Laura's post above. As for non-QFS forum members, they will be able to join FOTCM (while not being required to join QFS at the same time), as long as they're committed and participate in the Church in some way, whether financially, sharing on the forum, helping with projects, etc.
As a note, and according to my understanding, QFS is not the level of teachers, though there certainly are teachers within QFS. In a way we could say that the real teacher is the Group itself, where the input of all members added together allows for an objective vision of reality (at least, as objective as possible).
That's my understanding of it, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom