Session 7 May 2016

Divide By Zero said:
Ghostdoghaiku said:
SNIP

I can see where that empty space, though smaller than it was in those days, could provide the higher mind a focal point, as the conscious mind is captivated with the square wave musical input. The brain perceives much faster than the digital bit rate. Perhaps we can 'see' through the millisecond windows in digital sound.

There is no square wave, especially at the medium and low frequencies. Sample rate is typically 44,100 hz (48,000 for movies). The highest frequencies of 16,000-20,000 hz are sampled at 2-3 times per wave, at normal notes much more than that. The speaker /amp itself, due to inaccuracy and inductance, smooths that wave out. Square waves are distinct, and even then, your analog magnets in the speaker cannot truly put out a square wave!

I have wondered about the relationship of analog to digital (if they do?). If digital sound doesn't really reach our ears as pure digital due to inductance it comes out as an incomplete or less complete analog version of the original? :/ I have also thought of this in terms of pixelization in graphics where jagged edges are more obvious as anti-aliasing due to lower resolution/information/data. It seems that more information equates to approaching true analog. I have been thinking about it for awhile.

goyacobol said:
observer said:
Laura said:
Q: (Ark) I will use this opportunity to ask this question because we are talking about this information and morphogenetic fields. The concept of information, there are many approaches and definitions. Usually it all starts with Mr. Shannon who invented the concept of information just for coding letters and transmitting through the telegraph. I don't think it's the right kind of information for description of life. And then there is quantum information nowadays which is used for building quantum computers, which is probably also away from the phenomenon of life. So, I would like to have some HINT of which kind of information - philosophically speaking, or mathematically speaking, or generally - that I should look at so that I don't spend unnecessary time learning things that are not useful for life. I want to understand life and organization.

(L) So what are the options? What's your question?

(Ark) Hints? Where to look for the literature because there was Mr. Shannon, there was these people linking information to probability, people linking information to entropy, and so on. What would be the first letter of the name of the author that I should search?

A: F

Q: [laughter] (Pierre) You can ask for the second letter...

A: I

Fibonacci ?

observer,

Yes, Fibonacci, see the previous comment by Laura. You don't seem to be very observant for some reason.

OK then. I've searched topic before posting but nothing was found.

Thanks for the session and taking on all of these projects! All the efforts and hard work of everyone is very much appreciated. :hug2:

Glad Data didn't get hurt by the tree branch, it is huge! Take care everyone. :hug:

To add to the dream discussion - i went back to journalling mine a few months ago, and though i've stopped recently, i can attest to the need to journal as soon as you wake up. Also it's interesting to review your journal just before going to sleep - particularly if there was a dream which you think may have some relevance to the questions you wish to ask. I found some of mine were very mundane and related to general triggers i could pinpoint from the day before - most banal were related to people i'd seen recently on facebook. Others were quite interesting, like seeing a march of people in what i understood to be a dystopian society and being caught out.

It can be a bit of a pain since you can go off on loads of tangents because the specific details can seem worthwhile, but i think you should note them if you can, as well as any 'links' you think of there and then since you're often still at that dreamy threshold. For me, even 5 minutes of being awake and out of bed doing things can erase any ideas or remembrances you may have had. I think Gurdjieff talked about taking time to wake up properly, and i wonder if there's something related here, but maybe it's just to allow yourself to adjust or maybe not related at all.

A few times, since i don't write so comfortably, never have, i've just tapped it out onto my phone (later writing it in my dream diary) - i think there's definitely a more benefits to writing it out by hand.

This was the part i was thinking about though i may have misinterpreted it:

http://www.gurdjieff-internet.com/article_details.php?ID=285&W=19 said:
Meetings 1941 - 1944

December 7, 1941

Q: Can one sleep consciously - remain conscious during sleep.

A: It is possible, but not for you now. One can remember something so that it enters into you automatically. Auto-suggestion. One can suggest to oneself during sleep. Before being able to sleep consciously one must have a different quality of sleep. There are gradations. There are four kinds of sleep; one can sleep a sixth, a quarter, a half or completely. It depends on what your waking state has been. If you dream while you sleep, you only sleep half. You then need seven and a half hours' sleep. If you do not dream, four and a half hours are enough. It is the quality that is important. You sleep seven and a half hours. You take two hours to relax at night, two hours to contract again in the morning. That leaves you three and a half hours of sleep. You do not relax consciously but automatically, and that takes time. You can relax yourself consciously until you sleep while on the other hand you establish the necessary relation between your body and your consciousness. In the morning when you wake, do the same thing. Make a program immediately, reflecting, suggesting to yourself the way in which you are determined to spend the day. Do the same work which you have thought about. Your activity will double itself. Make a real program, not a fantasy. You must create the habit. You can do this only little by little. Nothing happens all at once. Change the quality of your sleep. Give yourself a good cold rubdown before you sleep. When you are going to sleep, pray for your near ones who are dead. These things are a good preparation for sleep. Otherwise, you will continue your dreams and fantasies of the evening.

That makes me think of the mundane dreams i mentioned.

And it reminds me of this article - which is about insomnia but i think relates to how we could possibly use dreams more effectively. And some of the times i've managed to 'file' the days activities have led to more interesting dreams, as well as better sleep in general.:

https://www.sott.net/article/314622-Sleep-problems-come-from-the-day-not-the-night-breaking-the-cycle-of-insomnia said:
Sleep problems come from the day not the night; breaking the cycle of insomnia

What You Can Do About It

In a standard 8 hour sleep cycle, you get about 2 hours of REM sleep and 6 hours of deep restorative sleep. In the deep restorative sleep phase, your body is repaired and batteries are recharged. When the balance is upset the REM sleep is extended, which reduces the deep sleep. This can mean that even if you get a full 8 hours of sleep, you still wake up feeling exhausted.
[...]
Without going to therapy, what can you do to break the cycle? The answer is relatively simple. You need to pre-file before you go to sleep so that Bob has a head start. If you can contain the REM phase of your sleep to 2 hours, then you return to having a chance of sorting out issues as they come up through the day.
[...]
Imagine that your subconscious is a little person that gathers all the paperwork relating to your day's activities. Let's call him Bob for now. You go to sleep and Bob takes the pile of paperwork and starts to organise it. But the first bit of paper he picks up could go in a number of places, so he sticks it in a separate pile for later and grabs the next paper. This continues to the point where the 2 hours is simply not enough. So Bob takes a little more time than he should to do the filing. This means the deep restorative sleep is reduced and your mind and body don't recharge fully by the time you wake up.

So if you're filing away the days activities, perhaps you don't have as much time to use dreams for other things.

This also reminds me of this from Allan Kardec:

"Through the effects of sleep, incarnated spirits are always in connection with the spirit-world; and it is in consideration of this fact that spirits of a higher order consent, without much repugnance, to incarnate themselves among you. God has willed that, during their contact with vice, they may go forth and fortify themselves afresh at the source of rectitude, in order that they, who have come into your world to instruct others, may not fall into evil themselves. Sleep is the gate opened for them by God, that they may pass through it to their friends in the spirit-world; it is their recreation after labor, while awaiting the great deliverance, the final liberation, that will restore them to their true place.

"Dreams are the remembrance of what your spirit has seen during sleep; but you must remark that you do not always dream, because you do not always remember what you have seen, or all that you have seen. Your dreams do not always reflect the action of your soul in its full development; for they are often only the reflex of the confusion that accompanies your departure or your return, mingled with the vague remembrance of what you have done, or of what has occupied your thoughts, in your waking state. In what other way can you explain the absurd dreams which are dreamed by the wisest as by the silliest of mankind? Bad spirits, also, make use of dreams to torment weak and timid souls.

403. Why do we not always remember our dreams?

"What you call sleep is only the repose of the body, for the spirit is always in motion. During sleep he recovers a portion of his liberty, and enters into communication with those who are dear to him, either in this world, or in other worlds; but as the matter of the body is heavy and gross, it is difficult for him to retain, on waking, the impressions he has received during sleep, because those impressions were not received by him through the bodily organs."

404. What is to be thought of the signification attributed to dreams?

"Dreams are not really indications in the sense attributed to them by fortune-tellers; for it is absurd to believe that a certain kind of dream announces the happening of a certain kind of event. But they are indications in this sense, namely, that they present images which are real for the spirit, though they may have nothing to do with what takes place in his present corporeal life. Dreams are also, in many cases, as we have said, a remembrance; they may also be sometimes a presentiment of the future, if permitted by God, or the sight of something which is taking place at the time in some other place to which the soul has transported itself. Have you not many instances proving that persons may appear to their relatives and friends in dreams, and give them notice of what is happening to them? What are apparitions, if not the soul or spirit of persons who come to communicate with you? When you acquire the certainty that what you saw has really taken place, is it not a proof that it was no freak of your imagination, especially if what you saw were something which you had not thought of when you were awake?"

414 Can two persons, who are acquainted with each other, visit one another in sleep?

"Yes; and many others,
who, in their waking state, do not know that they are acquainted, meet and converse together. You may, without suspecting it, have friends in another country. The fact of going, during sleep, to visit friends, relatives, acquaintances, persons who can be of use to you, is extremely frequent; and you yourselves accomplish these visits almost every night."

416. Can a man ensure the making of spirit-visits by the exertion of his will? Can he do so, for example, by saying to himself, on going to sleep, "I will tonight meet such and such a person in spirit, and speak with him about such and such a thing"?

"This is what takes place. The man falls asleep, and his spirit wakens to the other life; but his spirit is often very far from following out the plan which had been resolved upon by the man, for the life of the man excites but little interest in a spirit when he is emancipated from matter. This statement, however, only applies to men who have already reached a certain degree of elevation. The others pass their spirit-existence very differently. They give free rein to their passions, or remain inactive. It may happen, therefore, according to the aim of the proposed action, that a spirit may go to see the parties he had, as a man, proposed to visit; but it does not follow that, because he has willed to do so in his waking state, he will necessarily do so in his state of freedom."

417. Can a number of incarnate spirits, during sleep, meet together, and form assemblies?

"Undoubtedly they can. The ties of friendship, old or new, often bring together spirits who are happy to be in each other's company."

By the term old must be understood the ties of friendship contracted in anterior existences. We bring back with us, on waking, an intuition of the ideas which we have derived from these occult meetings, but of the source of which we are ignorant.
Mind melding of the Tribe as per Windmill Knights comment?]

421. How comes it that two persons, perfectly awake, often have the same thought at the same moment?

"It is because two spirits, who are in sympathy, may communicate their thought to each other even when the body is not asleep."
There is, between spirits, a communication of thoughts which sometimes enables two persons to see and understand one another without having any need of human speech.
[again, as per WK's comment] They may be said to speak the language of spirits.

observer said:
goyacobol said:
observer said:
Laura said:
Q: (Ark) I will use this opportunity to ask this question because we are talking about this information and morphogenetic fields. The concept of information, there are many approaches and definitions. Usually it all starts with Mr. Shannon who invented the concept of information just for coding letters and transmitting through the telegraph. I don't think it's the right kind of information for description of life. And then there is quantum information nowadays which is used for building quantum computers, which is probably also away from the phenomenon of life. So, I would like to have some HINT of which kind of information - philosophically speaking, or mathematically speaking, or generally - that I should look at so that I don't spend unnecessary time learning things that are not useful for life. I want to understand life and organization.

(L) So what are the options? What's your question?

(Ark) Hints? Where to look for the literature because there was Mr. Shannon, there was these people linking information to probability, people linking information to entropy, and so on. What would be the first letter of the name of the author that I should search?

A: F

Q: [laughter] (Pierre) You can ask for the second letter...

A: I

Fibonacci ?

observer,

Yes, Fibonacci, see the previous comment by Laura. You don't seem to be very observant for some reason.

I got 7 hits including the above quote on "Fibonacci". Maybe it is your browser or operating system is not working the same as some others. Sorry, it just didn't seem like you read the whole thread before posting.

Gaby said:
luke wilson said:
What is dream work?

You'll find more information in this thread:

Dream Work
http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,17503.msg156851.html#msg156851

Very useful!

Thanks Gaby! It was indeed very useful.

I used to have a dream journal that I would write my dreams into upon waking. This was when I was still a student. After persisting for a couple of weeks, I stopped as each morning I would write down maybe 4-6 pages which in the end proved to be too much to be doing every morning...

In reviewing the journal, it became apparent - Most dreams are mundane, so to speak... in fact, I would say 9/10 dreams I wrote in my journal were mundane.

However, it appears that writing down things in your dream journal before you sleep may be the way to go!

Joe said:
...the MAIN point is to focus on an issue you want to resolve and to write about it consistently and repeatedly in your journal before sleep and simply have the intent of working it out during sleep (in fact, the intent part isn't even necessary because the writing IS the intent).

--
Mod: Edited to remove noise

Thanks a lot for this new session.

I read yesterday in a booklet about detox, that vitamine B6 helps in remembering dreams :)
Personnaly, I never remember my dreams (I was able when I was a child). After 5 months of keto diet I'm still unable. After nearly one month of iodine, I began to remember a little, just a little, sometimes, not every night.
I'll take B6 as soon I'll find a product without additives.
If it can help those who don't remember their dream: B6 vit, without overdosing (nightmare and hallucinations if overdose)

Data said:
Laura said:
Q: (Galatea) Was the branch nearly falling on Data caused by evil energies, or was it just because it was rotten?

This was the 'little' branch that fell within 2 meters from where I was standing (I was about to put that little solar light down that you can see in the image on the left), had I not ran away because I had heard a faint crackling noise from directly above. It crackled for about 10 seconds before it started to fall. The branch flattened 2 cypress trees when it hit the ground (1 of them has meanwhile been erected again, see image). But by then, I was in safe distance. It was a surreal experience.

I think it was during 2003 when I had a similar experience. I was just standing in my terrace enjoying the sunny panorama from an attic at a sixth floor, when I suddenly heard a huge sound right next to me. The beautiful giant tree that stood right next to my terrace was just smashing within three meters from my left side. I couldn´t believe what was happening and the noise was heartbreaking. I loved this tree, it was so spectacular and seemingly in such a healthy state. That was quite a shock and I can relate very well to your surprise.

Gosh, none of our five senses should be spared nowadays, in your case the hearing sense acted much as an alarm clock and I´m very happy you came out safely!

We began working with the crystals and stones today. I'll attach a couple of photos that should be self-explanatory. Basically, once we had them out of the water, we had to sort them.

Also, we have been giving a lot of thought to the music issue since we have been instructed to sing to the stones. We've been looking at very melodic, easy to sing songs and seeking those that are spiritual and inspirational. Well, most of them are written for religious ideas we don't adhere to, but some of those songs are really beautiful. So, we have started re-writing lyrics.

Below is one of the songs we have selected to be part of our first attempt at choral singing. First are the re-written lyrics by Andromeda, and second, a great video of the Statler brothers singing the original version of the song so that all of you can learn the melody. We would like for everyone to learn this song and sing it frequently as an energy builder. Thanks.

Here is Andromeda's lyric modification:

IN THE GARDEN OF THE UNIVERSE

I come to the garden alone,
While the dew is still on the roses,
Nature’s voice I hear, falling on my ear,
The universe discloses.

[Chorus:]
And she walks with me, and she talks with me,
And she tells me I am her own,
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

Nature speaks, and the sound of her voice,
Is so sweet the birds start their singing,
And the melody that life gives to me,
Within my heart is ringing.

Knowledge stirs, and it’s movement’s so true
The sun dawns to highlight its glory,
And the light it brings, dancing with those beams,
Will grace my whole life’s story.

Here's the tune:

https://youtu.be/zY1pEAY4LY0

A more countrified version, but beautiful:

https://youtu.be/fDUlgKH59mE

Crystals:

Attachments

• Dsc_0372sm.jpg
    Dsc_0372sm.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 645
  • Dsc_0396sm.jpg
    Dsc_0396sm.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 627
  • Dsc_0404sm.jpg
    Dsc_0404sm.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 610
  • Dsc_0410sm.jpg
    Dsc_0410sm.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 620
I just wish to ask how you recommend we wear the protection crystal around our necks. I don't wish to detriment the crystal properties and all the clearing and intention etc by doing something wrong.

At the same time I don't want to lose it.

So is there a preference to using silver, gold or other chains?
Should we need to have a hole drilled in the crystal for the chain (which I think would then disrupt its energies), or does it have to be encased in silver? (I have a smoky quartz like that).

As this is all a new process and a different idea/reason than other purveyors of crystals I just wished to have some guidance here rather than wrongly assuming and damaging my precious friend!

Is it ok to wear it 24/7 - like in the sea/shower etc or will that reduce its strength/power?

Furthermore i it best to wear it directly next to the skin or to put in a little silk pouch which we could then attach to the chain?

1001 questions - sorry :)

happyliza said:
I just wish to ask how you recommend we wear the protection crystal around our necks. I don't wish to detriment the crystal properties and all the clearing and intention etc by doing something wrong.

At the same time I don't want to lose it.

So is there a preference to using silver, gold or other chains?
Should we need to have a hole drilled in the crystal for the chain (which I think would then disrupt its energies), or does it have to be encased in silver? (I have a smoky quartz like that).

As this is all a new process and a different idea/reason than other purveyors of crystals I just wished to have some guidance here rather than wrongly assuming and damaging my precious friend!

Is it ok to wear it 24/7 - like in the sea/shower etc or will that reduce its strength/power?

Furthermore i it best to wear it directly next to the skin or to put in a little silk pouch which we could then attach to the chain?

1001 questions - sorry :)

You do not want to drill the crystal and probably not even wear it as jewelry. The preferable way would be to have a clean piece of cotton or silk such as a handkerchief, wrap it and pin it to the inside of your clothing if you are worried about it. Otherwise, just carry it in your pocket.

The little silk pouch idea works well too.

Joe said:
Carl said:
I wonder about dream work - my problem with this is most of the time I don't remember any dreams at all, apart from the odd super-dramatic one, or occasional weekends where I can sleep in for longer. Are there any suggestions to help with this? Could those stones actually help?

The stones might help, but I think people are not really understanding the point of 'dream work'. It isn't necessarily to have great dreams and dream recall, the MAIN point is to focus on an issue you want to resolve and to write about it consistently and repeatedly in your journal before sleep and simply have the intent of working it out during sleep (in fact, the intent part isn't even necessary because the writing IS the intent).

The process does not require that you recall a dream that gives you the answer, because what you will find is that the act of thinking about and ESPECIALLY writing about your issue/problem before sleep will in and of itself help you to resolve the issue in real time. The answer might come to you the next day, or (more likely I think) you will find that your problem resolves itself naturally. It depends on what the issue is. This has been my experience of it anyway.

Writing the above reminded me of the joke about a person asking god repeatedly to let him win the lottery. After storming heaven many times, 'god' finally responds by asking him if he would be so kind as to first buy a ticket. :lol:

Yea thank you for writing it down so clearly ... I am actually doing that since ever, before sleep, I do recap of things, I need to resolve or move forward in my life, and I learned though the life experience, how it is possible through that action, to move things in your life forward into more desirable direction, if you just before a sleep, actually put one intent for your brain or universe to work out directions for you ...

I am also thinking about relation between connection with energy conserving and time scale when this dream "reflection" can manifest ... Last couple of years I have been very selective with my public, and out of home activities. I almost made it as a rule that I am not going out between people at least 3 days a week, as that just take too much of my energy. And last few months, as I was intensively "asking" for help at one particular thing, probably due to energy conservation + dream intent = results are amplified ... and interesting is that actually now as I know much more about life, I see the pattern that resolution or answer will not necessarily come in the same day, week or month .... now I see that for some big things, it needs a couple of years, or even decade for things to "come to the place" .... and for some, I literary feel like I am walking through a well developed 360 degree "script" ...

It is all mostly on experience and understanding scale, and increased and sharp discernment .. something that feels like super strong intuition and not that I see in my dream what will happen next day ;) ... yea there are some dreams, usually very very symbolic, that it is possible afterwards to "read" them as a "map" of line up of certain events ...

Thank you very much for another great session again! :flowers:
Glad that you are well, Data, and nothing happened to you and others from this tree incident! It could've been much worse.

As regarding dream work I thought to share this, fwiw. I read in a Sott article about the best sleeping position that sleeping in lateral position helps with detoxing, which seems to be connected to more intense dreaming (as gauged from cross-reading posts in the iodine and the EE thread) - and thus may be further more dreaming at all. I slept in lateral left position last night and there was quite some dreaming going on, from which I remembered parts in the morning (they went into my dream journal). It could have been just a coincidence, at least in my case, so I am going to repeat this again and see what comes from it.

goyacobol said:
observer said:

I got 7 hits including the above quote on "Fibonacci". Maybe it is your browser or operating system is not working the same as some others. Sorry, it just didn't seem like you read the whole thread before posting.

Observer, in case you are not aware of this yet, you can use the "print" button on the top right side of every page if you want to search inside of a certain topic / thread. That's what I do in such cases. It shows the whole thread, and then I press "Ctrl + F", which leads to a bar popping up on the bottom of the screen. On the left side of this bar there is a search field where any words you want to search for can be typed into. After pressing the search button the words in the text show up colored (if they exist there). :)

Laura said:
Below is one of the songs we have selected to be part of our first attempt at choral singing. First are the re-written lyrics by Andromeda, and second, a great video of the Statler brothers singing the original version of the song so that all of you can learn the melody. We would like for everyone to learn this song and sing it frequently as an energy builder. Thanks.

That's a very nice and sweet song, and great lyric modification! :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom