Session 9 December 2017

Nico

Jedi Master
Thank you very much to this session, much things to ponder about a lifestyle change that strenghten yourself.

I've been meditating by pointing to the sense of "me" or the source of the thoughts/feelings that go through the body and felt that we are really responsible of our mind or at least how thoughts affect us if we are conscious of it. I don't know if it's clear, but it made thoughts of the B influences that are like arrows going through the space of consciousness and when pointing to their origin strenghten the "awareness shield" in keeping a stable mind. Maybe because we do not identify with the thoughts.
 

zak

Jedi Council Member
A great session, a great for y'all !!!!

Vulcan59 said:
Laura said:
Thanks for the reply, Laura. Yes, hope you'll ask the C's next time around. Many new agey types are advocating ayahuasca for healing and so on like this article: _https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ezp57m/watch-how-ayahuasca-affects-the-brain- Smell a rat though!
There are a "full of" informations in this link calling Psychedelic Science
-http://psychedelicscience.org/videos
 

Approaching Infinity

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Vulcan59 said:
Thanks for sharing and interesting as always! :thup: And the answer to psilocybin; it would be similar answer for ayahuasca? :huh:
For reference, here are some of the articles we've had up on SOTT about psilocybin in particular:

https://www.sott.net/article/365187-Psychedelics-more-effective-at-reducing-crime-than-police-says-new-study
https://www.sott.net/article/364529-Study-suggests-magic-mushrooms-may-reset-depressed-patients-brains
https://www.sott.net/article/361691-New-study-shows-that-magic-mushrooms-or-psilocybin-greatly-relieves-anxiety-and-depression-in-cancer-patients
https://www.sott.net/article/318577-Scientists-discover-compound-in-psilocybin-mushrooms-that-could-cure-severe-depression
https://www.sott.net/article/288583-Magic-mushrooms-create-a-hyperconnected-brain-and-might-offer-a-new-treatment-for-depression
https://www.sott.net/article/349105-Research-finds-psychedelic-drugs-create-a-different-consciousness-in-the-brain

The last one has a brief mention of ayahuasca studies showing a benefit for depression.
 

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
I've been reading about the ayahuasca; I think I'd trust the mushrooms before that stuff. A number of people have died from using it and it messes with some rather different brain chemicals in a somewhat different way. It can react against other substances in the body and cause serious crises.
 
Laura said:
I've been reading about the ayahuasca; I think I'd trust the mushrooms before that stuff. A number of people have died from using it and it messes with some rather different brain chemicals in a somewhat different way. It can react against other substances in the body and cause serious crises.
Ayahuasca's active ingredient is DMT (dimethyltryptamine), which when taken orally is completely metabolized in the digestive system (meaning it doesn't even reach the central nervous system) unless MAOIs (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) are taken with it, as with the case of ayahuasca containing MAOIs (which I think are harmine and harmaline). However, monoamine oxidase also metabolizes other things, such as tyramine (which is found in many things :shock:), which proves poisonous when MAOs aren't working as intended. MAOIs also affect other aspects of the central nervous system, assuming they reach the brain, but tobacco also has MAOIs which reach the brain when smoked. One way to circumvent this fiasco is by smoking DMT.

With that said, Ayahuasca should be safe for consumption if the partaker undertakes a diet beforehand and keeps up with it for some time. Maybe would be contraindicated in the case of high blood pressure, etc. Being that psilocybin mushrooms bypass the whole issue of not being orally active by itself, it seems to me to be generally better, unless there are other benefits in ayahuasca not yet having been considered.

And I'd still be wary of hallucinogens abridging the free will of the user. Isn't synesthesia something that occurs in 4d? Anyhow, the C's have also said that all experiences could be of benefit or detriment, and surely there are many factors that should be taken into account. I suppose the abridging of free will generally occurs more as hallucinogens are generally taken more frequently and in higher doses. My two cents.

Edited several times for clarification :)
 

Mariama

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Thank you for this session. :flowers: That experiment that some of you did sounded very interesting.
 

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
Lamp of Orion said:
Ayahuasca's active ingredient is DMT (dimethyltryptamine), which when taken orally is completely metabolized in the digestive system (meaning it doesn't even reach the central nervous system) unless MAOIs (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) are taken with it, as with the case of ayahuasca containing MAOIs (which I think are harmine and harmaline). However, monoamine oxidase also metabolizes other things, such as tyramine (Edit: which is found in many things :shock:), which proves poisonous when MAOs aren't working as intended.
And a lot of people have the MAOI gene variant. That could be a game changer, for sure.

Lamp of Orion said:
And I'd still be wary of hallucinogens abridging the free will of the user. Isn't synesthesia something that occurs in 4d? Anyhow, the C's have also said that all experiences could be of benefit or detriment, and surely there are many factors that should be taken into account. I suppose the abridging of free will generally occurs more as hallucinogens are generally taken more frequently and in higher doses. My two cents.
Exactly. I would say that medicinal/therapeutic use is reasonable in intractable cases but, as was already pointed out, there's no free lunch; it's not a "spiritual" experience, it's a brain chemistry modifying experience.
 

Alfisti

Padawan Learner
Laura said:
Q: (L) Go back to the one before... [Review of answers to Ark's questions] So, what I want to ask is... Is it consciousness - whether it's conscious or unconscious - that acts as the bridge or the decoder... Well, let me ask this: Is the decoding the same thing as bridging the dimensions?

A: Close

Q: (L) Is it the human consciousness - whether conscious or unconscious - that does this?

A: Yes

Q: (Ark) I would like to understand why with this poltergeist phenomenon, we have flying bottles, flying chairs, swinging chandeliers, but we don't have like flying mountains or flying houses. I mean, what...

(Andromeda) What limits it?

(Ark) What limits this kind of phenomenon? You see? Why people are not flying, but tables are flying?

(Pierre) There are cases of levitation.

(Ark) Why dogs are not flying but tables and chairs are flying?

A: Some humans and dogs have flown. Consensus limits possible objects.

Q: (Pierre) The beliefs. It reminds me of a question I wanted to ask for months. With Artemis and the guys here, we made this game here in the kitchen where we put our hands on someone's head. And then you concentrate and we were repeating something like 10 times or whatever. Then we put our fingers under the knees and armpits of the subject, and we lift them up. So maybe my first question is: Am I mistaken to think that in some cases, the gravity or the weight of the individual was really reduced?

A: Yes. Coral Castle.

Q: (Pierre) Yeah, exactly! So, through intention... Well, what I want to mention now: There were some cases where the consensus of the belief - maybe concerning the subject... It was with Atreides. He's heavier than the rest of us. He didn't seem to believe it. We did the same procedure, and it didn't work. He was the same weight, and we didn't manage to lift him. So if we didn't manage to lift him, is it because he didn't believe the experiment?

A: Active resistance.

Q: (Pierre) Okay, so he was not into it, or it was scary or whatever, he was not into this state of mind and we didn't manage to lift him.

(Andromeda) Sometimes there are people who don't necessarily believe it, but they're not actively disbelieving it.

(Pierre) Fighting against it.

(Andromeda) Right.

(Pierre) But in this case, he was opposing. We were not on the same wavelength.

(Mikey) Is that related to the Belief Center that the C's mentioned several times?

A: Yes
Thanks for posting this. Some very interesting topics covered here.

I was wondering about the belief center in relation to the UFO phenomenon. I saw a UFO very clearly and quite closely after first reading The Wave and High Strangeness. It was at the point iirc, that I was pondering frequency resonance vibration in relation to ultra terrestrials and UFOs and generally absorbing the info presented.

This also brought to mind this quote from the John Keel article on SOTT: "But like many in the UFO community, the topic dragged Keel, as it does enthusiastic buffs, into a mind-set that mimics schizophrenia, where one comes to believe they are seeing and hearing ETs (or extra-terrestrials). " - https://www.sott.net/article/370492-John-Keel-Before-his-descent-into-sci-fi-madness

So I guess this means:

a) I was strongly believing it and so it appeared to me, or
b) I thought I saw it because I believe.

I think I'll go with the former!
 

mkrnhr

SuperModerator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
I wonder if a mild effect of this "reset of the mind" cannot be achieved just by meditation in cases that are not as severe as depression and such. There can be also other methods to reach such states without ingesting powerful psychoactive substances. What comes to mind in this case is the dancing to repetitive drumming with flickering light (like around a fire) as some "primitive" populations do during some ceremonies.
 

manitoban

SuperModerator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
A most interesting session - Thank you!

Laura said:
Q: (Pierre) The beliefs. It reminds me of a question I wanted to ask for months. With Artemis and the guys here, we made this game here in the kitchen where we put our hands on someone's head. And then you concentrate and we were repeating something like 10 times or whatever. Then we put our fingers under the knees and armpits of the subject, and we lift them up. So maybe my first question is: Am I mistaken to think that in some cases, the gravity or the weight of the individual was really reduced?

A: Yes. Coral Castle.

Q: (Pierre) Yeah, exactly! So, through intention... Well, what I want to mention now: There were some cases where the consensus of the belief - maybe concerning the subject... It was with Atreides. He's heavier than the rest of us. He didn't seem to believe it. We did the same procedure, and it didn't work. He was the same weight, and we didn't manage to lift him. So if we didn't manage to lift him, is it because he didn't believe the experiment?

A: Active resistance.

Q: (Pierre) Okay, so he was not into it, or it was scary or whatever, he was not into this state of mind and we didn't manage to lift him.

(Andromeda) Sometimes there are people who don't necessarily believe it, but they're not actively disbelieving it.

(Pierre) Fighting against it.

(Andromeda) Right.

(Pierre) But in this case, he was opposing. We were not on the same wavelength.

(Mikey) Is that related to the Belief Center that the C's mentioned several times?

A: Yes
Just fascinating! This brought back a memory of doing something similar with a group of friends many years ago. I think we were teenagers so I can't remember the details of how or why we were doing it but I definitely remember that we did notice some of the people were lighter to lift but others stayed the same. We were all quite astounded at the time.
 

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
Moderator
FOTCM Member
mkrnhr said:
I wonder if a mild effect of this "reset of the mind" cannot be achieved just by meditation in cases that are not as severe as depression and such. There can be also other methods to reach such states without ingesting powerful psychoactive substances. What comes to mind in this case is the dancing to repetitive drumming with flickering light (like around a fire) as some "primitive" populations do during some ceremonies.
It can. And other mind exercises as well as we have learned from our recent assigned reading!!! (Hope everybody is onboard there, as it is very important!)
 
Top Bottom