Show #2, Jan. 27th 2013: 'Gun Control USA: Do Guns Protect Civil Liberties?'

Niall

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
The topic for this week's show is gun control. We touched on it briefly in last week's show and realised that a lot more needs to be said about it.

We'll be discussing the recent furore over proposed US government gun control legislation in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre, and the implications for the 'right to bear arms'.

Many 2nd Amendment advocates insist that a 'well-armed citizenry' is the last defense against tyrannical government, but are 80 million armed Americans really the solution to the problems of a corrupt government?

Is there a culture of violence in the USA, and, if so, what are the root causes? Does this alleged culture of violence and the estimated 300 million privately held firearms play a role in the statistically high number of homocides in America?

GunControlthreadimage_zpscd5c75d6.jpg

We're live on air this Sunday from 7-9pm UTC (11am-1pm PST, 2-4pm EST, and 8-10pm CET). Y'all are welcome to call in and share your thoughts. You can also send us your written comments and questions while we're on air via this link.

The call-in number from the USA is 718 508-9499 (international callers add 00 1 to the beginning of that number).

The full show will be available for download from Sott.net sometime on Monday.

No, our "civil liberties" are already gone. Guns (in the right hands) protect us from violent criminals because the cops are usually off somewhere violating someone's civil liberties.

Guardian said:
No, our "civil liberties" are already gone. Guns (in the right hands) protect us from violent criminals because the cops are usually off somewhere violating someone's civil liberties.

We hope you'll share your thoughts on the show on Sunday Guardian! That goes for anyone else with something to say on the topic. As always, we'll be trying to get the heart of the matter (as we see it).

It could be argued Americans lost certain freedoms in the last century. And gun owners have not defended these freedoms with their guns.

But I think it is a big event to shoot someone. So only after a critical point is reached (in terms of oppression) and there is a certain momentum, then I think guns are used to shoot... And that is how revolutions have happened, which can lead to more freedom granting government.

Smoke and mirrors. Never mind the man behind the curtain folks! Gun control is the issue. Tougher gun control is the ticket to a safer America. We can really accomplish something if we just put our heads together on this. Not! It sickens me how asleep and clueless everyone is. Now gun theft is the lastest crime du jour. The crack heads have a hot item they can sell for thier latest fix. It's a circus act destined for hell. Everyone's running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Step right up and join the festivities! Fun for the whole family. The crazy train is running off the tracks! Home of the brainless. Land of the free for all.

Perceval said:
We hope you'll share your thoughts on the show on Sunday Guardian!

I thought about it, but why argue with people who've already made up their minds? Honestly, I can think of better things to do with a Sunday afternoon.

Guardian said:
Perceval said:
We hope you'll share your thoughts on the show on Sunday Guardian!

I thought about it, but why argue with people who've already made up their minds? Honestly, I can think of better things to do with a Sunday afternoon.

I gather you didn't read Jason's article nor are you listening to what is being said.

You might find yourself not arguing, but agreeing.

Laura said:
I gather you didn't read Jason's article nor are you listening to what is being said.

Yes, I read Jason's article, and yes, I'm listening. I also know that a person can protect themselves from a criminal act VERY effectively with a gun, because I've done it...more than once, but again, what's the point of debating that?

Oh I see what you mean. I'm not talking about arguing with THEM...I mean the people who've already made up their minds who're listening.

Interesting show Joe & Jason, and as was mentioned, a highly complex one at that.

Appreciated Betsy’s call and others, as well as the commentary that links to associated critical factors.

Very well done. All crystal clear too. Nice mix of callers and Jason was great too. :)

Meant to add that whilst on air, it was cool to see SOTTtalkradio on the front pages of http://www.blogtalkradio.com/popular/news and http://www.blogtalkradio.com/featured.aspx

Back
Top Bottom