Smoking is... good?

So when I was around 12 yrs old (am 21 now) there was a summer where me and my friends main thing was to smoke cigarettes. We would just get together and smoke. And during that period I would notice this sharp sudden rectal pain, my friend noticed it too, and sometimes my vision would (when I wasn't smoking) started to shake, like all of sudden for a few seconds go up and down. I smoked for around 4 months, I stopped because I was somewhat sick of it, like it would get my stomach upset. I was wondering if anyone else had this too?

And recently I had two dreams where I was smoking, and it felt good, now I sort of have a desire to have a smoke. But I wouldn't smoke this commercial cigarettes or a tobacco. So I was thinking if someone could recommend some organic tobaccos that I could buy in europe, if that's any good, i've read something that organic may be even worse, and are rolling papers safe to use? Are American Spirit cigarettes any good?

Are American Spirit cigarettes any good?

I smoke American Spirit these days, and I find it to be a good smoke (I used to smoke Pueblo, but since the lockdown I've not been able to get to the vape shop where I'd buy it). Regarding your earlier comment on bodily sensations when smoking, no, I've never had any of those. Bear in mind that American Spirit is way stronger than the usual commercial cig brands. I'd recommend buying pouches of tobacco rather than packs of cigs too. It's better value for money, plus if you roll your own you can perfectly judge how densely you want your cigs to be. Hope that helps.

And recently I had two dreams where I was smoking, and it felt good, now I sort of have a desire to have a smoke. But I wouldn't smoke this commercial cigarettes or a tobacco. So I was thinking if someone could recommend some organic tobaccos that I could buy in europe, if that's any good, i've read something that organic may be even worse, and are rolling papers safe to use? Are American Spirit cigarettes any good?

If you go for rolling your own tobacco, I find raw brand of papers best. You don't want papers to thick I find it ruins the smoke and taste of the tobacco. You can use paper tips so nothing is filtered, or use filtered tips. Using unfiltered might be best for you starting off until you get used to smoking. If you can get your hands on the yellow pueblo pouches it's a mild tobacco. As slipnet said by rolling your own you can play around with thickness and roll them to your liking. If you can't roll you can buy handy little rolling device. Hope this helps.

Edit add below link
Try this site deliver to most countries.

There are all sorts of gimmicky cigarette papers out there, and I've tried many of them. I find that the best paper is one that doesn't have a taste. Super thin papers seem to have binders in them that taste bad. Hemp papers burn dirty and irritate my throat. Gummed papers also cause irritation. Both of these give me headaches and brain fog. So the best papers in my experience are just the traditional bleached white papers much like what is used by cigarette companies. This is a good deal:

I recommend to find which papers you like best and then get a roller of the right size for them.

Also by weighing the tobacco you put into the cigarette and playing with the humidity you can carefully control the taste. This way you can take a tobacco that is ordinarily too strong and make it much smoother.

For EU and UK members; here is one German site that also delivers also to some EU countries.

Here are the costs of delivery:

Lieferungen im Inland (Deutschland): --> Delivery costs in Germany

Wir berechnen die Versandkosten pauschal mit 5,90 € pro Bestellung.
Ab einem Bestellwert von 150,00 € liefern wir versandkostenfrei. --> for orders more than 150€ is free delivery.

Lieferungen ins Ausland: --> Delivery to other countries:

Wir berechnen die Versandkosten ins Ausland pauschal wie folgt:

Belgien: 21,90 €
Dänemark: 21,90 €
Finnland: 21,90 €
Frankreich: 21,90 €
Griechenland: 21,90 €
Großbritannien: 21,90 €
Irland: 21,90 €
Italien: 21,90 €
Luxemburg: 21,90 €
Niederlande: 21,90 €
Portugal: 21,90 €
Schweden: 21,90 €
Slowakai: 21,90 €
Spanien: 21,90 €
Polen: 21,90 €

I.e. American spirit prices are from 4,90€ for 30g

According to online shops, the same American spirit in UK costs between 15,80-16,70£ ~ 16£ ~ 17,50€.
In France price is 13,40 €.
Is it really that expensive????

That would mean that:
20 packs in UK would cost 350€
20 packs in France would cost 268€
20 packs in DE would cost 98€ + 21€ shipping is MUCH lower price than if you buy it in UK or France!

Here is the list of products without additives:

My personal favorite is Javaanse Jongens Classic brand; price is 6,80€ (a year ago was 6,10€):

Try this site deliver to most countries.
Try this web site; here PUEBLO Burley Blend is 4,90€ ;-)

For EU and UK members; here is one German site that also delivers also to some EU countries.

Here are the costs of delivery:

I.e. American spirit prices are from 4,90€ for 30g

According to online shops, the same American spirit in UK costs between 15,80-16,70£ ~ 16£ ~ 17,50€.
In France price is 13,40 €.
Is it really that expensive????

That would mean that:
20 packs in UK would cost 350€
20 packs in France would cost 268€
20 packs in DE would cost 98€ + 21€ shipping is MUCH lower price than if you buy it in UK or France!

Here is the list of products without additives:

My personal favorite is Javaanse Jongens Classic brand; price is 6,80€ (a year ago was 6,10€):

Try this web site; here PUEBLO Burley Blend is 4,90€ ;-)
Thanks for this site! Apparently they ship to France as well, whereas most sites stop doing so. I will check as soon as necessary.
They have Manitou, including my favorite green :-), although it does not appear in the list of "no additives". That's very good news ! :cool2:
Tabakland und alles was Anmacht !

How come that the only organically grown tobacco available in EU, and without additives of course, which name is Fergreen, isn't available on this website ?
Fairgreen as become Manitou in France. It is also called Manitou at least in Spain, and looking at tabakland website, in Germany too.
It seems that it is still called Fairgreen in the Neetherland.

If my memory serves, the reason for the change of name was that 'green' would evoke a less-bad-for-your-health-tobacco...

Fairgreen as become Manitou in France. It is also called Manitou at least in Spain, and looking at tabakland website, in Germany too.
It seems that it is still called Fairgreen in the Neetherland.

If my memory serves, the reason for the change of name was that 'green' would evoke a less-bad-for-your-health-tobacco...
Fairgreen changed its name to Fergreen with the new legislation in France (all brands in similar brown packs), because a green tobacco couldn't be fair...
Manitou is a USA's brand, not organic at all, and Fergreen is available in the French tobacco stores.
Not fair !

Fairgreen changed its name to Fergreen with the new legislation in France (all brands in similar brown packs), because a green tobacco couldn't be fair...
Manitou is a USA's brand, not organic at all, and Fergreen is available in the French tobacco stores.
Not fair !
Dully noted. It seems that my memory do not serves.

So I bought Pueblo blue (it's supposed to be a lighter version), I made a small rollie and took a few puffs. It's the same as I remember it. Tought process: First smoke, okay nothing special same as I remember it, second still nothing special, took another one and I stubbed(if it's the right word) it out. I went for a walk than after couple of minutes I lit it up again and took two smokes. And that was it. I felt the same after as before. When I inhale it, the taste of the smoke in my mouth it doesn't feel much special. But I after still have some sort of desire to smoke it. I'll maybe try smoking a whole one tomorrow.

In my experience the right time to stop is when you start feeling even small effects on your extremities, like weakness or jitters, because at that point the effects are still growing and can build up to nausea. Best not to be sitting still or you may not notice until it is too late. You can even get in the habit of sitting still in order to avoid feeling the effects and that will end in you puking every time.

The amount in the cigarette and the humidity of the tobacco can determine a large part of how potent it is. In my experience too light a cigarette will be harsh and too hot or will go out, too heavy will actually be less potent and tend to go out, and somewhere in between are two two peaks in effect. One weight where the potency is strongest and another weight where flavor or smoothness is strongest. You can find these points by adjusting the recipe in increments of 0.05g and adjusting between 60-80% humidity. On rainy days or very cold days a cigarette can also be unusually smooth. It is different for every tobacco.

Back
Top Bottom