dant said:
Shijing: Inhale a strong draw into the mouth only
until it expands no longer, then open a round hole
in your mouth, then use the tongue only to quickly
push out the smoke. May have to practice a few
times adjusting the hole diameter + tongue push
and the push is a quick jab out and back. Think
of how a jackhammer works :lol:

OK, thanks Dant -- you just gave me my next smoking project. I needed something to fill in the void when I switched to a pipe and quit trying to learn how to roll ;)

dant said:
Try a very still room, no air turbulence.

Unfortunately, I have to do all my smoking outside, but I'll see if the wind will be kind enough to cooperate from time to time.

slowone said:

On a practical note have any smokers got tips on the following:-

How to get rid of the Yellow stain I get on my right middle finger and which whitening toothpaste they use?

I have always had slightly yellow teeth but with the black tea and rollups I need to keep it in check.

Hi Slowone,

What has worked for me is a mixture of coconut oil and baking soda (cinnamon and stevia for taste) - much better than any commercial toothpaste I've tried.

LQB

slowone said:
Oxajil,

It makes me smile when I remember seeing you smoke. You reminded me so much of a really good friend (Best friend actually) when I was about 15, who I started experimenting with smoking with. You looked so like her, you smoke so delicately.

Aw, and you knew immediately I was a newbie :lol:

slowone said:
I said to Alphonse I was trying to channel the Audrey Hepburn look when I smoke Kind of European sophistication, but I think I'm more Keith Richards than Audrey!!! :) I always take a lung full!!!! Thinking of getting a lovely cigarette holder a la Gaby.

I wish I could take a lung full! I tried to inhale with my mouth like you all told me, but with the tiniest smoke I inhale with my mouth into my lungs, I start to cough. It causes me a headache too! Why is that? Am I still not doing it right? :shock: I'll do some more practicing, maybe work on that cooling down part.
What worked for me was: keeping the smoke in my mouth, inhaling with my nose, and then exhaling through my mouth. But I guess I don't get any of that smoke that's in my mouth into my lungs that way, right?

slowone said:
Something came back to me thinking of you smoking. I went on a school trip to France when I was 15 with the friend I mentioned and we got caught smoking fags and drinking red wine behind the chateaux. My Aunt taught at the school and I got a roasting for it!!! Funny how these things come back to you. Perhaps France and smoking were an early sign of things to come for me!!! :)

Yea, you could be right! Sound like fun memories though :D

Oxajil said:
I wish I could take a lung full! I tried to inhale with my mouth like you all told me, but with the tiniest smoke I inhale with my mouth into my lungs, I start to cough. It causes me a headache too! Why is that? Am I still not doing it right? :shock: I'll do some more practicing, maybe work on that cooling down part.

It can take a bit of time for the lungs to get used to it, hence coughing in the beginning. Not sure about the headache, though - could perhaps be that your body hasn't adjusted to the amount of nicotine yet.

I guess you could go could gradually and see how you feel after gradually increasing the amount of smoke and so nicotine.

Some advice please :)

Since I've gone back to smoking I have a constant tightness in my upper chest, from the area between my collarbones down to my sternum in area but internally. It's as though it's constricted almost as if I would be wheezy.

It's got now to be quite painful and no amount of trying to shift it by trying to cough etc will clear it. I am pondering the thought that it may just be a sign that actually physically it doesn't suit me and I know it's not about my previous issues (fears etc as posted on the dilemma thread) as I resolved those.

I am trying Pulsitilla as a homeopathic remedy to remove phlegm but nothing comes up, diet doesn't seem to affect it as I have been following the diet.

Any thoughts ? anyone got the same?

Hi slowone --

slowone said:
Since I've gone back to smoking I have a constant tightness in my upper chest, from the area between my collarbones down to my sternum in area but internally. It's as though it's constricted almost as if I would be wheezy.

Apologies if I missed it, but have you been sick recently? Have you had a cough or anything else going on with your lungs besides the smoking issue itself?

Shijing said:
Hi slowone --

slowone said:

Apologies if I missed it, but have you been sick recently? Have you had a cough or anything else going on with your lungs besides the smoking issue itself?

Yes Shijing I have, but I've had the pain since before that. I'm seeing me acupuncturist today and just trying to observe as always what's going on for me. Just wondered if anyone else got this from time to time who smokes. I know that as a non-smoker I never got chest problems but it could be an energetic block going on. Or a something else I hadn't thought of, which is why I posted. I know you guys will have good advice and insights :)

slowone said:
Shijing said:
Hi slowone --

slowone said:

Yes Shijing I have, but I've had the pain since before that. I'm seeing me acupuncturist today and just trying to observe as always what's going on for me. Just wondered if anyone else got this from time to time who smokes. I know that as a non-smoker I never got chest problems but it could be an energetic block going on. Or a something else I hadn't thought of, which is why I posted. I know you guys will have good advice and insights :)
well when i started to smoke i found that taking filtered cigarettes was a good way of starting of, probably due to the lower amount and 'softer' smoke you take into the lungs (relatively) compared to roll-you-own (unfiltered) and pipe or cigar. I find that whenever I take in too much smoke than I can handle (at that point of time), I get this constriction feeling in my chest and sometimes breathing problems that lasts a few hours. Then i know to step back a bit :)
I recently had this experience again as I started smoking pipe (thanks to a friend for giving me the beginners intro :) but now it seems my lungs can properly handle this amount of smoke and i have no problems.

never had a headache or any other problem though.

hope that helps slowone

slowone said:
Shijing said:
Hi slowone --

slowone said:

If its a mucus problem (congestion on the chest) have you tried NAC and vitamin C? always good for clearing up a cold, and would probably work in this situation too. fwiw

vitamin C doesnt seem to have helped my mucus problem, i'm guessing it may be either due to past sugar/harmful carb intake, or due to candida? i vaguely remember laura saying something to this effect

-pranab

Question for y'all who roll your own: do you use filters?

If so, what sort?
If not, do you roll up cardboard or use something else as a faux filter so the paper doesn't get soggy?
Or do you just smoke filter-free?

Nathan said:

If so, what sort?
If not, do you roll up cardboard or use something else as a faux filter so the paper doesn't get soggy?

I use 'Smoking' filters (light blue packing).
Without them my throat starts to fell scratchy and after a few days I start to cough catarrh.

filt
Nathan said:

If so, what sort?

filter-free for sure :)
i find using a filter really takes off half the nicotine, its like smoking only half the cigarette. earlier i used to have the soggy problem but since then ive learned to keep my lips dry while smoking and it is no longer a problem.

i've also read (somewhere in the forum) about the problem with filters that use synthetic materials and that they may be harmful. need to do more research in this area

check this thread for more info (i recall there was another one but i cant find it)
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=1926.0

Not only that but I remember Divide by Zero testing one type of filter by burning it and I believe the result was fiberglass. That surely can't be too good to be adding to your smoke. :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom