Smoking is... good?

gaman said:
Since I have never smoked before, I'm wondering if smoking in general gives you long time smokers any throat irritation, cough, etc.?

No. The exception is if inhaling too much smoke in one session - due, I think, to the temperature of the smoke - I likewise cough if I hold a cup of steaming hot tea or water up to my mouth and inhale. In general, it seems to benefit both throat and lungs - if I'm sick, smoking reduces coughing - and does the reverse of irritating.

It would be intersting to know if nicotine changed gene expression and up regulated the sensitivity to oxytocin in other parts of the body too.....if it does then it appear that nicotine both releases and make you more sensitive to oxytocin. I wonder if it would be a stretch to say smoking makes you more empathic? fwiw

native american PEACE PIPE....as far as I have read ,natives used to share a pipe thus enhancing all parties empathy,
the elder,who packed and lit the pipe would send the pipe around the circle of gathered people until he felt ''everybody's heart was beating in unison''

These re-sults suggest that smoking during pregnancy increases the con-tractile sensitivity and activity of the myometrium in response
to oxytocin by up-regulating the expression of oxytocin-receptor
mRNA. The effects of smoking on the contractile sensitivity and
activity of the myometrium in response to oxytocin may increase
the risk of premature delivery in smokers.

premature delivery...phhhht...maybe non smoking makes you go overdue?
I have smoked though all my 4 pregnancies never went over 39 weeks with well developed ''fully cooked'' babies ,increasingly shorter 2nd stage labour (25min on the last one) and my belly back in its pre-pregnancy shape within 4 weeks

my daughter stopped smoking when she got pregnant and she went 2 weeks over(42w) and had a 9 hour labour with her first

Psalehesost said:
gaman said:
Since I have never smoked before, I'm wondering if smoking in general gives you long time smokers any throat irritation, cough, etc.?

No. The exception is if inhaling too much smoke in one session - due, I think, to the temperature of the smoke - I likewise cough if I hold a cup of steaming hot tea or water up to my mouth and inhale. In general, it seems to benefit both throat and lungs - if I'm sick, smoking reduces coughing - and does the reverse of irritating.

Fwiw, I'd only cough if I inhale smoke through my mouth into my lungs, so what I do is: once I have the smoke in my mouth, I get it into my lungs by inhaling through my nose, then exhaling through my mouth. It's much more pleasant to me.

More info regarding what is good in the tobacco and mentions the amount of additives also, which has probably been raised somewhere on this thread...
_http://www.naturalnews.com/035119_tobacco_lung_health_addiction.html

also this, but I was unable to find anything using search engines to corroborate this nutritional claim...

_http://www.alkalizeforhealth.net/FAQ2.htm#tobacco

"First, the Creator gave us tobacco."
- Kanonsionni-Kayeneren-Kiowa, The Iroquois

When the white man came to the Americas, he discovered that the main staples of the Indian diet were corn, beans, and squash. The Indians called these foods the "sacred three sisters."

"The creator gave us the sacred three sisters. But before the Creator gave us corn, beans, and squash, He gave us TOBACCO!"

The Indians considered tobacco sacred. It was considered sacred because the Indians had discovered tobacco's NUTRITIONAL characteristics. Their discovery was incorporated into their religious beliefs.

The status of tobacco in the Indian psyche was based on DIETARY need, but it was respected on a religious level. Smoking was the extension of the dietary status tobacco held in the Indian's culture.

When native peoples elevate certain foods and events to religious status, there is a reason. Tobacco is the richest source of B vitamins in the world. It is no coincidence that concentrations of the B-complex vitamins run as high as 30%. When small amounts of green, dried or frozen tobacco are put into stews, beans, and in salads we get the entire B complex. Tobacco is very valuable FOOD. Tobacco is the richest source of the B's in the world - nothing compares to it - nothing!

Old time farmers from Tennessee and thereabouts knew that if you wanted to have the finest horses in the world, you had to feed them TOBACCO!

The four "D's" of pellagra are dizziness, depression, dementia and delusion. Today much of the population suffers from sub-clinical pellagra.

The hybridized tobacco sold in stores contains hundreds of additives. What you need is non-hybridized seed and grow your own as a salad green. Do not confuse garden and commercial varieties with edible tobacco.

Everyone should grow tobacco. It can be eaten fresh or steamed and can be frozen or dried. The tobacco cultivar of which we are speaking is a beautiful plant. It stands 6-10 feet tall and 3 feet wide.

To purchase these tobacco seeds phone 1-800-659-1882. Plexus Press, P.O. Box 827, Kelso, WA 98626-0072 (350) 423-3168.

Source:

Thomas, John, Young Again! How To Reverse The Aging Process, Plexus Press, Kelso, Washington, 1995.

Oxajil said:
Psalehesost said:
gaman said:

Fwiw, I'd only cough if I inhale smoke through my mouth into my lungs, so what I do is: once I have the smoke in my mouth, I get it into my lungs by inhaling through my nose, then exhaling through my mouth. It's much more pleasant to me.

Thank you both. Maybe I have been doing it wrong. I pull it into my mouth, hold it for 2-3 seconds, and then inhale it deeply into my lungs. I have noticed that the smoke is very warm and stimulates this feeling in my throat. Hopefully a week off will allow things to heal or recover and I'll try again. Not sure if I can do the inhale-from-the-mouth-through-the-nose trick though :lol:

I would be very wary of eating tobacco leaves. The very young shoots would probably be OK because the leaves don't have nicotine in them yet, but nicotine taken orally can be deadly poisonous if taken in too high quantities, and the presence of any compound in leaves can vary greatly. And once the plants are past a certain stage the leaves will have nicotine.

ziggystarlust said:
More info regarding what is good in the tobacco and mentions the amount of additives also, which has probably been raised somewhere on this thread...
_http://www.naturalnews.com/035119_tobacco_lung_health_addiction.html

also this, but I was unable to find anything using search engines to corroborate this nutritional claim...

_http://www.alkalizeforhealth.net/FAQ2.htm#tobacco

"First, the Creator gave us tobacco."
- Kanonsionni-Kayeneren-Kiowa, The Iroquois

When the white man came to the Americas, he discovered that the main staples of the Indian diet were corn, beans, and squash. The Indians called these foods the "sacred three sisters."

"The creator gave us the sacred three sisters. But before the Creator gave us corn, beans, and squash, He gave us TOBACCO!"

The Indians considered tobacco sacred. It was considered sacred because the Indians had discovered tobacco's NUTRITIONAL characteristics. Their discovery was incorporated into their religious beliefs.

The status of tobacco in the Indian psyche was based on DIETARY need, but it was respected on a religious level. Smoking was the extension of the dietary status tobacco held in the Indian's culture.

When native peoples elevate certain foods and events to religious status, there is a reason. Tobacco is the richest source of B vitamins in the world. It is no coincidence that concentrations of the B-complex vitamins run as high as 30%. When small amounts of green, dried or frozen tobacco are put into stews, beans, and in salads we get the entire B complex. Tobacco is very valuable FOOD. Tobacco is the richest source of the B's in the world - nothing compares to it - nothing!

Old time farmers from Tennessee and thereabouts knew that if you wanted to have the finest horses in the world, you had to feed them TOBACCO!

The four "D's" of pellagra are dizziness, depression, dementia and delusion. Today much of the population suffers from sub-clinical pellagra.

The hybridized tobacco sold in stores contains hundreds of additives. What you need is non-hybridized seed and grow your own as a salad green. Do not confuse garden and commercial varieties with edible tobacco.

Everyone should grow tobacco. It can be eaten fresh or steamed and can be frozen or dried. The tobacco cultivar of which we are speaking is a beautiful plant. It stands 6-10 feet tall and 3 feet wide.

To purchase these tobacco seeds phone 1-800-659-1882. Plexus Press, P.O. Box 827, Kelso, WA 98626-0072 (350) 423-3168.

Source:

Thomas, John, Young Again! How To Reverse The Aging Process, Plexus Press, Kelso, Washington, 1995.

gaman said:
Thank you both. Maybe I have been doing it wrong. I pull it into my mouth, hold it for 2-3 seconds, and then inhale it deeply into my lungs. I have noticed that the smoke is very warm and stimulates this feeling in my throat. Hopefully a week off will allow things to heal or recover and I'll try again.

You can also think about drinking pure aloe vera juice for your throat, that might help as well.

gaman said:
Not sure if I can do the inhale-from-the-mouth-through-the-nose trick though :lol:

:D

Oxajil said:
gaman said:
Thank you both. Maybe I have been doing it wrong. I pull it into my mouth, hold it for 2-3 seconds, and then inhale it deeply into my lungs. I have noticed that the smoke is very warm and stimulates this feeling in my throat. Hopefully a week off will allow things to heal or recover and I'll try again.

You can also think about drinking pure aloe vera juice for your throat, that might help as well.

Just be aware that aloe vera juice can have a laxative effect!

I use the black OCB rolling papers. I find it less harsh than the RAW ones, and they burn slow too. The downside is sometimes you have to keep relighting especially in windy conditions. I like to smoke when the air is still, I get to feel the smoke moving a lot more that way. Like what others say I find that tobacco gives me a different feeling at different times. Sometimes dizzy and other times clear, I think it's like a "clue" to the body's state at the particular moment, relating to what the C's have said?

Has anyone tried MacBaren halfzware rolling tobacco? From all the choices that we have here that's the one that seems to suit me best. I can't be sure if it's free of additives/pesticides/fertiliser but I doubt it is. Since the customs are so strict here, it's not possible to import tobacco without a license. :(

I haven't tried Mac Baren halfzware rolling tobacco, but as mentioned a couple of times in this thread, I smoke Mac Baren Original Choice pipe tobacco for my pipe and it's EXCELLENT. It's not organic, so it's probably grown with pesticides and chemical fertilizers, but has NO additives -- just pure tobacco blend of Virginia tobacco from North Carolina, Burley from Tennessee, and Mac Baren Cavendish.

I’m smoking ‘Clan’-it’s pipe tobacco, ‘Golden Virginia’, ‘Lucky Strike’ and ‘Samson’ rolling tobacco. But I, recently, tried mapacho (Nicotiana rustica) (or Peru’s makhorka, as also it named here) and it’s great. But I could order only 2 packs, 50gr each one, because the full stuck was empty. I can’t find any other shop where I could be able to order it. But yesterday mapacho appeared on shop‘s stock. I can order now 250gram – pack. It’s even cheaper, It costs 130UAH (16.25$) per pack . Also I’m ordering hemp paper. I’m so glad, I can go now and smoke the last of my mapacho supplies. :cool2:

After I have tried mapacho, and then smoked my usual tobacco again, I understood that there wasn't even nearly enough nicotine for me in my usual tobacco. I even smooked 2 cigs in a row of my usual tobacco and still the nicotine dose wasn't enough for me. I felt only nausea. While smoking even 2 cigs of mapacho didn't give me nausea.
:cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

anart said:
Oxajil said:
gaman said:

Just be aware that aloe vera juice can have a laxative effect!

I can't be much more laxatated than I am now on the new diet :lol:

I have quit smoking for 3 days now and the chest stuff isn't any better so I'm pretty sure I still have bronchitis leftover from a bad bout a month ago. Several people at work have had it and it lasted a while (just found this out today). Only prob is doc wants to give me anti-biotics to cure it :(

gaman said:
I can't be much more laxatated than I am now on the new diet :lol:

I have quit smoking for 3 days now and the chest stuff isn't any better so I'm pretty sure I still have bronchitis leftover from a bad bout a month ago. Several people at work have had it and it lasted a while (just found this out today). Only prob is doc wants to give me anti-biotics to cure it :(

Have you tried NAC? Its really very good at clearing up mucus congestion.

Back
Top Bottom