Smoking is... good?

I've been coughing up small amounts of phlegm every morning for the last few months. Although i seem to have post nasal drip, which has me often clearing my throat, the phlegm is coming from the lungs. Since I'm still smoking Yuma Organics, which undoubtedly use treated paper, I'll try to move to rolling bulk tobacco.

Has anyone in Canada found a decent supply for bulk organic tobacco that won't cause grief at the border?

Thanks,
Gonzo

Gonzo said:
I've been coughing up small amounts of phlegm every morning for the last few months. Although i seem to have post nasal drip, which has me often clearing my throat, the phlegm is coming from the lungs. Since I'm still smoking Yuma Organics, which undoubtedly use treated paper, I'll try to move to rolling bulk tobacco.

Has anyone in Canada found a decent supply for bulk organic tobacco that won't cause grief at the border?

Thanks,
Gonzo

Have you tried smoking Northfield's before? I find Yuma tobacco to be very strong, which eventually leads to a bit of heaving in the chest if I smoke them too much. Although have never gotten phlegm build-up with either. Unfortunately, all tobacco products will be charged customs fees crossing the border.

Thanks for the link. :) I thought that I would oreder Raw organic hemp, but now I don't know. What are the differences between raw organic hemp and Raw Natural Unrefined?
Is there any substantial difference between these bmgdf9aiT9
Edit: Unrefined also means that it is unbleached as I understood?

Apologies for missing this, I just know that the unrefined means that no bleach is used to turn the paper colour white. Not sure about other differences. Perhaps contacting the manufacturer would provide answers.

Turgon said:
Gonzo said:

Thanks,
Gonzo

Have you tried smoking Northfield's before? I find Yuma tobacco to be very strong, which eventually leads to a bit of heaving in the chest if I smoke them too much. Although have never gotten phlegm build-up with either. Unfortunately, all tobacco products will be charged customs fees crossing the border.

Hi Turgon,

I actually smoked Northfields before finding Yuma Organic. I recently returned to Northfields when my smoke shop ran out of Yumas but found the Northfields irritated my throat, which we wondered had something to do with the chemical fertilizer in them. I actually prefer the taste of the Northfields but can't seem to tolerate them any more.

Are any of us Canucks smoking bulk organic?

Thanks,
Gonzo

[quote author=Gonzo ]
Hi Turgon,

I actually smoked Northfields before finding Yuma Organic. I recently returned to Northfields when my smoke shop ran out of Yumas but found the Northfields irritated my throat, which we wondered had something to do with the chemical fertilizer in them. I actually prefer the taste of the Northfields but can't seem to tolerate them any more.

Are any of us Canucks smoking bulk organic?

Thanks,
Gonzo
[/quote]

I'm the same as you, smoked Northfields and then switched to Yuma but have noticed more phlegm issues of late. I enjoyed Northfiels initially but do not do well on them either. As for bulk, have not gone that route but maybe need to consider it further, so would be interested in a link too for up here. This year, picked up every package of Organic Hopi tobacco seeds I could find, which is not many, so hopefully this will get figured out better this year and also have a friend with a bit of land who I shared these seeds and we will try and network in growing, share the cost on a better cutting machine. As for the Yuma's, they are really expensive, have to work hard to keep in supply and then there is this issue of paper and strength. One thing that baffles me is that between Northfields, Yuma and prior, which can't be purchased any longer - American Spirits, is that the people who bring these types of products in, only because I keep asking, they say no one else buys them. :huh:

Although I've been checking SOTT News on and off for several years, I apparently missed the multiple articles written on smoking/nicotine. Thank you! Having been a smoker of 15 years now and having switched to American Spirit 3 or so years ago, I can definitely relate to the benefits. I eat better and more often and have less headaches. I tried many times to quit but know that I never really had the will or I would have. I always claimed that I wouldn't give up something I took great pleasure in. (I've already given up MANY substances that I took pleasure in but I knew were doing my mind and body more harm than good.) :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

BrightLight11 said:
Although I've been checking SOTT News on and off for several years, I apparently missed the multiple articles written on smoking/nicotine. Thank you! Having been a smoker of 15 years now and having switched to American Spirit 3 or so years ago, I can definitely relate to the benefits. I eat better and more often and have less headaches. I tried many times to quit but know that I never really had the will or I would have. I always claimed that I wouldn't give up something I took great pleasure in. (I've already given up MANY substances that I took pleasure in but I knew were doing my mind and body more harm than good.) :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Those who have a hard time quitting usually have a genetic profile that "predisposes" them to smoke and tend to be the one to get the most benefits from smoking tobacco. FWIW.

Than I am not of :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: profile :halo: ... I hardly make myself remember to burn out one rolled cigarette (Saivage organic tobacco?) after dinner an it makes me feel dizzy. But I don't want to "quit" since a tend to enjoy it quite a bit :-[(I feel kind a wiser :rolleyes:). And I like 'em "fat" rolled so I bought 8mm filters instead of "little" 6mm which are made for quitterz I guess...

Yozilla said:
Than I am not of :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: profile :halo: ... I hardly make myself remember to burn out one rolled cigarette (Saivage organic tobacco?) after dinner an it makes me feel dizzy. But I don't want to "quit" since a tend to enjoy it quite a bit :-[(I feel kind a wiser :rolleyes:). And I like 'em "fat" rolled so I bought 8mm filters instead of "little" 6mm which are made for quitterz I guess...

Well, not necessarily. This is just a very general rule of thumb. I don't know whether smoking is for you or not. Only you can decide that by experimenting. What I meant was that those who have a hard time quitting tend to have the profile for smoking and getting the most benefit. But it's not written in stone. FWIW.

SeekinTruth said:
BrightLight11 said:

Those who have a hard time quitting usually have a genetic profile that "predisposes" them to smoke and tend to be the one to get the most benefits from smoking tobacco. FWIW.

I guess I didn't state that originally. I've read through some of the thread and realize there are certain dispositions that do receive greater benefit from smoking than others. Due to my troubles in trying to quit, I now believe I'm on the side that 'gets' something from it! :cool2:

A while ago I posted in this thread about getting chest pains, and I thought it was linked to smoking. Had a chest x-ray, and am glad to report that there is absolutely nothing wrong with my lungs.
The Doc said that the pains were probably caused by stress, and the pains gone away now.

Timey said:
A while ago I posted in this thread about getting chest pains, and I thought it was linked to smoking. Had a chest x-ray, and am glad to report that there is absolutely nothing wrong with my lungs.
The Doc said that the pains were probably caused by stress, and the pains gone away now.

Good news Timey :). My pain in the chest is also dissapearing, after I get natural paper.

I've just had a cold, and I've still got loads of phlegm on my chest. Normally this is a real pain, as I get a lingering chesty cough, but smoking American Spirit help me get it up.

Some times I feel guilty to smoke as I use it to relieve the stress from narcissistic programs that gets kicked during intense work day. Always wondered how much is too much. Today SOTT article on C's opened that doubt again.
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/244819-The-Cs-Hit-List-07-Sun-Star-Companion-Singing-Stones-and-Smoking-Visions

Q: (A) How much nicotine is necessary?

A: 100 mg per day.

Of course, this is Laura dose and it all depends on once own metabolism and lot of other boundary conditions.

but my curiosity still bugs me, as I end up smoking lot more than my self imposed limit of 4, thus creating sort of guilt. so simple search on internet tells the story. For my 6 cig. / day self rolled organic American spirit. it looks little more than 100 mg. Still that doesn't clarify the amount is too much or not for my metabolism, but at least gives me impression "It is not too bad"

_http://savontobacco.com/485.full.pdf

Natural American Spirit Non-Filter, a popular additive-free cigarette, has a higher nicotine content per rod and higher concentrations of nicotine (17.7 mg; 16.6 mg/g, respectively) than unfiltered conventional cigarettes (11.8 mg; 12.0 mg/g respectively) (Malson et al., 2001).

I think, as with most things, you just need to find your own level of nicotine consumption and not feel guilty or worried about whether it is 'right' or 'wrong'. I don't think there is a 'right' or 'wrong' here, there is just what works for you.

Back
Top Bottom