Smoking is... good?

I agree with Anart, everybody will have a different amount of intake that is right to them. Also, 100mg might have been the minimum amount needed, in answer to the question being asked.

I was curious also, and dug up the following. I'm not sure whether or not it is accurate:

_http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_milograms_of_nicotine_are_in_one_cigarette

An average cigarette yields about 1-3 mg of absorbed nicotine, although you will see a much higher dosage often stated on the packaging, normally a range of 10-15 mg. This higher dosage is NOT referring to the INHALED ABSORBED amount a smoker will receive once it is burned, and converted to a smoke form capable of being inhaled. Also, you may notice that the nicotine patch is available in it's most common dosage, 21mg, however, only approximately 1-2mg of nicotine will actually be absorbed into the bloodstream.

Other people say that the nicotine patch actually IS absorbed nicotine released over however many hours, and thus a 21mg patch would be equivalent to 10 cigarettes or so.

Glancing through other search results, it would appear the 1-3 mg average nicotine per cigarette is a number repeated frequently. This is likely for filtered cigarettes, but I can't imagine an unfiltered to be more than say double that?

Perhaps someone else has some more concrete data.

anart said:
I think, as with most things, you just need to find your own level of nicotine consumption and not feel guilty or worried about whether it is 'right' or 'wrong'. I don't think there is a 'right' or 'wrong' here, there is just what works for you.

That's my thinking on it exactly. It will even fluctuate at different times for the same person.

Fyi, for Canucks smoking Yuma, I just heard from my tobacconist that they are having a hard time getting Yuma in any more. When they inquired, the distributor suggested it might have to do with the change in labeling requirements, forcing even bigger fear-inducing images onto the packages.

Although I have not been able to verify the reason, I haven't been able to get Yumas for a few weeks now. Is anyone else having difficulties?

Thanks,
Gonzo

Gonzo said:
Fyi, for Canucks smoking Yuma, I just heard from my tobacconist that they are having a hard time getting Yuma in any more. When they inquired, the distributor suggested it might have to do with the change in labeling requirements, forcing even bigger fear-inducing images onto the packages.

Although I have not been able to verify the reason, I haven't been able to get Yumas for a few weeks now. Is anyone else having difficulties?

Thanks,
Gonzo

Yes, have just noticed the suppliers now have none; my thoughts were immediately about the label changes, kind of like when AS decided to stop supplies and pull out. It is all so ridiculous from a smokers standpoint and all so calculated from the opposite standpoint. :(

voyageur said:
Gonzo said:

Thanks,
Gonzo

Yes, have just noticed the suppliers now have none; my thoughts were immediately about the label changes, kind of like when AS decided to stop supplies and pull out. It is all so ridiculous from a smokers standpoint and all so calculated from the opposite standpoint. :(

Well, maybe this was the push I needed to find bulk organic and hand roll. I was already gearing up to find another solution out of the concern for flame retardants that I assumed were in the Yuma cigarette papers, so this just adds to the momentum. Until I find a better solution, it's back to Northfields for me.

In terms of rolling papers, I used to use rice paper but recently started using hemp papers. Whenever convenient, I would break apart the Yumas and re-roll them with the hemp papers, but this was usually when I was home in the evening, after work.

I've been looking at using tobacco leaf wraps as rolling papers but so far I've only noticed them coming in flavoured versions, although I'm sure a fine cigar store would sell plain ones. These were traditionally sold for rolling cigars, I think, although the youth of today appear to be using them for other purposes (hence the flavours, I presume). Has anyone had much experience using leaf instead of rolling paper? I'm curious to know how well they work for rolling cigarettes as opposed to cigars and whether they can be purchased in large quantities at a reasonable price. I have seen the available online, but the price of $30 for 75 wraps kind of knocks the wind out of my sails (_http://tinyurl.com/Naturalwrap).

Thanks,
Gonzo

That may not be so expensive for the leaf wraps since cigar wraps are huge. So the question would be can you cut a large cigar wrap into smaller pieces to make cigarillos. You might be able to make lots of them with one wrap. And, since they are tobacco leaves you wouldn't have to use as much tobacco for filler. Let us know how it works out it you try it!

For now, here in my region (in Spain) Yuma is very rare but I know three tobacconists that can ordered for me...but I am the only one that smoke these brand! In the capital, Salamanca, no Yuma anywhere. So I am lucky for now to have it from little stores that are very gentle to order the cigarettes for me. I can send it to you, if you need it.

Does anyone know any pre-made organic cigarettes other than American Spirits? I prefer the feel of a cigarette over a roll-up, but I tried American Spirit cigarettes and they were, in my opinion, pretty poor. Any suggestions?

Timey said:
Does anyone know any pre-made organic cigarettes other than American Spirits? I prefer the feel of a cigarette over a roll-up, but I tried American Spirit cigarettes and they were, in my opinion, pretty poor. Any suggestions?

Well if you're in the U.S. you want to avoid pre-made cigarettes, since they are required by law to be "fire-safe" and have noxious chemicals added to the paper in rings to extinguish them if you fall asleep with a lit cigarette in bed or something. If you prefer the feel of a cigarette and also a filter you can buy an injection machine and filter tubes to inject the tobacco into. I use that and they make cigarettes that look like store-bought.

Mr. Premise said:
Timey said:

Well if you're in the U.S. you want to avoid pre-made cigarettes, since they are required by law to be "fire-safe" and have noxious chemicals added to the paper in rings to extinguish them if you fall asleep with a lit cigarette in bed or something. If you prefer the feel of a cigarette and also a filter you can buy an injection machine and filter tubes to inject the tobacco into. I use that and they make cigarettes that look like store-bought.
I like in the U.K, but even without the extinguishing chemical, pre-made cigarettes over here will be filled with additives. I actually saw one of those injection machines, but was a bit apprehensive about it. What tobacco do you use to fill yours?

Timey said:
Mr. Premise said:
Timey said:

I like in the U.K, but even without the extinguishing chemical, pre-made cigarettes over here will be filled with additives. I actually saw one of those injection machines, but was a bit apprehensive about it. What tobacco do you use to fill yours?

I use Kentucky Select Organic which is probably only available in the US. But it's super cheap if you buy the 5 pound bag for $110. The machine I use is a Top-o-Matic which is really nice. I also find American Spirit to be a little intense. Kentucky Select is milder.

Mr. Premise said:
I use Kentucky Select Organic which is probably only available in the US. But it's super cheap if you buy the 5 pound bag for $110. The machine I use is a Top-o-Matic which is really nice. I also find American Spirit to be a little intense. Kentucky Select is milder.

This is exactly what I do as well. Although really - you can put any tobacco into the machine and it should work just fine. The machine was only around $40 if I remember, and no problems at all over the last 6 months. Except the tubes - some of those tube companies do not have as high quality as others! Currently on Premier brand, which has been 100% reliable so far.

[quote author=Gonzo]
Well, maybe this was the push I needed to find bulk organic and hand roll. I was already gearing up to find another solution out of the concern for flame retardants that I assumed were in the Yuma cigarette papers, so this just adds to the momentum. Until I find a better solution, it's back to Northfields for me...
Thanks,
Gonzo
[/quote]

On this issue of shut off supplies for Yuma and looking for solutions up here, agree, bulk is the main alternative. Planted a crop of seeds again this year and will hope for better results. In the meantime, started noticing what current packaging of chemical brands is looking like and was aghast viewing creepy pictures covering what looks like 80% of the packages now.

C's said:
(L) What is causing the lung cancer they are attributing to smoking?

A: Mental conditioning and subliminal programming to expect it.

So people are flipping out cigarettes from these packages all the while social guilt is flooding in with death on the packaging reinforcing the message, not to mention the pact with the manufacturers to keep up the A-Z chemical compounds and of course all the other sources that humans are eating or breathing daily. They are covering all the bases and the propaganda has just been upped a notch:

_http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2012/05/08/cancer-statistics.html

CBC said:
Cancer death rates show decline

{except}

...Canadian Cancer Society says...

Stamping out smoking

"The trends call for an enhancement of primary prevention efforts; a sustained focus on screening for breast, colorectal and cervical cancers; more emphasis on early detection measures and public education on the early signs of cancer; and improved treatment options and health promotion," the report's authors concluded.

Health officials want the progress of anti-tobacco campaigns to continue to drive down smoking rates as fast as possible...

{This is attributed to the near 30% of cancer (lung) by smoking. That above quote being said:}

Rare cancer incidence rises

Along with the declines, the incidence of rare cancers, such as liver, thyroid and kidney, are on the rise...

At this point the systems are pushing harder and harder against smoking and the corrupted data is fodder for the believers to throw their arms around and paint smokers with subjective science and stereotyping. The rises, like thyroid, likely may have a deep relationship with the corruption of atomic science with its recklessness of applications and incidents.

The "mental conditioning and subliminal programming to expect" lung cancer is REALLY getting ramped up with these horrible pictures on the packages isn't it? :curse:

SeekinTruth said:
The "mental conditioning and subliminal programming to expect" lung cancer is REALLY getting ramped up with these horrible pictures on the packages isn't it? :curse:

How true! The other day, I had a cigarette while sitting amidst people walking by in the street, when a young man in a rolling chair with atherosclerosis, asked me why I was smoking and that I should stop with it. As I told him of my organic cigarettes, etc., he then explained that he himself was smoking cannabis tobacco per medical prescription. What made me sad was when he explained he still could walk for a short time on his own and how much he liked the cannabis sedative effect. I remember Cas talking about the long lasting negative effect, about six months if I remember well, of just one or two cannabis cigarettes. Truly heartbreaking!

Back
Top Bottom