Smoking is... good?

hesperides said:
How true! The other day, I had a cigarette while sitting amidst people walking by in the street, when a young man in a rolling chair with atherosclerosis, asked me why I was smoking and that I should stop with it. As I told him of my organic cigarettes, etc., he then explained that he himself was smoking cannabis tobacco per medical prescription. What made me sad was when he explained he still could walk for a short time on his own and how much he liked the cannabis sedative effect. I remember Cas talking about the long lasting negative effect, about six months if I remember well, of just one or two cannabis cigarettes. Truly heartbreaking!
What's truly bizarre is how the guy you referenced is smoking cannabis yet telling you that you shouldn't smoke! You'd think that if anyone who didn't smoke cigarettes yet was a supporter in general, it would be someone like him! :huh:

SeekinTruth said:
The "mental conditioning and subliminal programming to expect" lung cancer is REALLY getting ramped up with these horrible pictures on the packages isn't it? :curse:

And doctors play a big role in supporting and passing this on. I signed up with a local doc recently (to get a series of blood panel tests done at his cost). One of the first things he began with was a programmed diatribe against smoking. I stopped him part way through and explained the difference between today's manufactured cigs and real unadulterated leaf tobacco. I showed him an example of what his patients could get from a local roll-your-own shop that offers up Kentucky Select regular and organic tobaccos. I suggested his smoking patients would be far better off if he sent them to this shop to roll their own using two big machines they have in there. It stopped his program dead, and he really thought about it. Whether this will make a difference in the future - I don't know.

Great to hear you're passing on the info about the benefits of unadulterated tobacco, LQB. Every little bit counts. :)

hesperides said:
SeekinTruth said:
The "mental conditioning and subliminal programming to expect" lung cancer is REALLY getting ramped up with these horrible pictures on the packages isn't it? :curse:

How true! The other day, I had a cigarette while sitting amidst people walking by in the street, when a young man in a rolling chair with atherosclerosis, asked me why I was smoking and that I should stop with it. As I told him of my organic cigarettes, etc., he then explained that he himself was smoking cannabis tobacco per medical prescription. What made me sad was when he explained he still could walk for a short time on his own and how much he liked the cannabis sedative effect. I remember Cas talking about the long lasting negative effect, about six months if I remember well, of just one or two cannabis cigarettes. Truly heartbreaking!

I don't recall seeing the Cs talk about cannabis in that regard and am curious to see what they said regarding that--do you have a quote/session date from them on the negative effects? I didn't see anything from searching.

I had also not come across the mental conditioning and subliminal programming to expect cancer from tobacco line--that really pulls things together. It's incredible that the programming around tobacco is so profoundly adopted by the masses (in the US, at least). I think people's other favorite "fall-back" program with regards to smoking is that "anything that's burned and inhaled is bad for you"--how long have humans lived next to fire and how recently did that end? Nevermind the historical prevalence of smoking and the modernity of cancer. Simply nonsense.

SeekinTruth said:
Great to hear you're passing on the info about the benefits of unadulterated tobacco, LQB. Every little bit counts. :)

Yep, every little bit is a little flapping of wings!

Recently I attended a wedding where to my surprise for once I wasn't the lone smoker standing outside the venue, as there was a high number of people smoking. Everyone was asking me about the tobacco I had, (Northfields) and quite a few were very interested in hearing about the benefits and difference from regular cigs. This was a rare chance to speak to a group that wasn't totally brainwashed about the evils of smoking.

Lately I've notice that it is becoming more and more socially acceptable to abuse and insult smokers, so counteracting the propoganda with the facts whenever possible is at least something we can do.

Foxx said:
I don't recall seeing the Cs talk about cannabis in that regard and am curious to see what they said regarding that--do you have a quote/session date from them on the negative effects? I didn't see anything from searching.

Me neither. But there is this article on sott.net that was posted just recently: http://www.sott.net/articles/show/245227-Cannabis-use-during-adolescence-causes-physical-changes-in-the-brain-and-increases-risks-of-schizophrenia

manitoban said:
SeekinTruth said:

Yep, every little bit is a little flapping of wings!

Recently I attended a wedding where to my surprise for once I wasn't the lone smoker standing outside the venue, as there was a high number of people smoking. Everyone was asking me about the tobacco I had, (Northfields) and quite a few were very interested in hearing about the benefits and difference from regular cigs. This was a rare chance to speak to a group that wasn't totally brainwashed about the evils of smoking.

Lately I've notice that it is becoming more and more socially acceptable to abuse and insult smokers, so counteracting the propoganda with the facts whenever possible is at least something we can do.

I agree, I have spoken to quite a few smokers about the benefits of organic tobacco, and how the additives in regular cigarettes are incredibly damaging to health. They seem to be quite open to it, and one friend even said he'd start buying organic tobacco. It also smells and tastes nicer which is another incentive for them, not to mention the fact that one of my tiny, thin rollies contains as much nicotine as two of their regular sized cigarettes (most smoke cigarettes with about 0.5-0.7 mg of nicotine, what a massive waste of money!).

Oxajil said:
Foxx said:

Me neither. But there is this article on sott.net that was posted just recently: http://www.sott.net/articles/show/245227-Cannabis-use-during-adolescence-causes-physical-changes-in-the-brain-and-increases-risks-of-schizophrenia

The schizophrenia problem is just one small aspect as well. People use it as a crutch for daily life, to avoid boredom etc and end up doing nothing but sitting listening to music or watching tv for hours. Lets not even get into the junk food and sexual cravings.

Even conspiracy minded people often think that it must be beneficial if its illegal ("the government dont want them smoking it"), but of course there is disinformation for anybody and everybody, at many different levels.

Oxajil said:
Foxx said:

You know I was reading that article but one of the first things that came to mind was whether they were using natural organic cannabis or whether they spray that stuff down with chemicals like they do with cigarettes nowadays. I remember years ago (like 25yrs) that a friend of mine at the time had taken some of his aunt's prescribed cannabis for us to try out and it was nothing like the regular stuff to me. It made me wonder what exactly they did to the stuff when growing it?

Carlise said:
Oxajil said:
Foxx said:

The schizophrenia problem is just one small aspect as well. People use it as a crutch for daily life, to avoid boredom etc and end up doing nothing but sitting listening to music or watching tv for hours. Lets not even get into the junk food and sexual cravings.

Even conspiracy minded people often think that it must be beneficial if its illegal ("the government dont want them smoking it"), but of course there is disinformation for anybody and everybody, at many different levels.

Thanks for the article Oxajil--I saw that one and it had some interesting conclusions, though not comprehensive or highly controlled.

Carlise, it's true that some people use it in that way, but that isn't a full description of its effects and there may be instances where it is beneficial for some for various reasons. I know people who have used it and not simply done nothing while experiencing the effects. I don't think it's as simple as a black and white answer of "it's bad" and, as an alternative to fuoride-based pharmaceuticals, it may be better for certain conditions (though likely not better than dietary and cognitive changes).

Pete said:
You know I was reading that article but one of the first things that came to mind was whether they were using natural organic cannabis or whether they spray that stuff down with chemicals like they do with cigarettes nowadays. I remember years ago (like 25yrs) that a friend of mine at the time had taken some of his aunt's prescribed cannabis for us to try out and it was nothing like the regular stuff to me. It made me wonder what exactly they did to the stuff when growing it?

This is also very true, especially since it's often grown illegally (and some out of the country where some extra harmful pesticides remain legal and used). Hard to control for all the variables.

Foxx said:
Carlise, it's true that some people use it in that way, but that isn't a full description of its effects and there may be instances where it is beneficial for some for various reasons. I know people who have used it and not simply done nothing while experiencing the effects. I don't think it's as simple as a black and white answer of "it's bad" and, as an alternative to fuoride-based pharmaceuticals, it may be better for certain conditions (though likely not better than dietary and cognitive changes).

I apologise for not being clear, I was talking about recreational use by many people and not the legitimate medical benefits that it may have. I have seen documentaries and read about it being very helpful as a treatment for various disorders. I agree with it being used as a treatment for things that it has been proven to work for, but just don't agree with it being the 'miracle cure' as argued by many in the cannabis community. And yes of course diet would probably prevent and even treat many diseases that cannabis is used as a medicine for.

Carlise said:
Foxx said:

I apologise for not being clear, I was talking about recreational use by many people and not the legitimate medical benefits that it may have. I have seen documentaries and read about it being very helpful as a treatment for various disorders. I agree with it being used as a treatment for things that it has been proven to work for, but just don't agree with it being the 'miracle cure' as argued by many in the cannabis community. And yes of course diet would probably prevent and even treat many diseases that cannabis is used as a medicine for.

I've read that THC is a potent anti-carcinogen, and that the Cannabis plant, when properly prepared, has been observed to outright cure certain cancers.

On the subject of tobacco, the British brand Drum has announced a new organic blend. Apparently, according the head of Imperial Tobacco's marketing team, a growing number of UK smokers are showing preference for additive-free tobacco.

Carlise said:

Ah ok, thanks for clearing things up :) . Yeah it's certainly not the 'miracle cure' as espoused by many and is certainly often abused.

I'm personally starting to think that perhaps I initiated hijacking this thread a bit, which was not my intention, so I'm going to return to the topic of this thread when posting here further.

What's truly bizarre is how the guy you referenced is smoking cannabis yet telling you that you shouldn't smoke! You'd think that if anyone who didn't smoke cigarettes yet was a supporter in general, it would be someone like him! :huh:

Yes, but he is fully relying on med general approach, which is understandable in case of such a severe health issue like artherosclerosis.

Anyway, he listened carefully to my explanations about toxic and organic cigarettes, and after a while I suspected him to be under the effects of cannabis as he showed somewhat slowed intellectual reactions, not the one I would expect from a former navy architect, as per his past job description. As he still was able to walk a bit, I also told him about our wide diet thread section and the great successes obtained through the QRS (Quantum Resonance System) that is using a pulsed electromagnetic device, taken from "Detoxify or Die" book.

So sorry if I´m mistaken. Don´t want to confuse anybody, should the cannabis really have positive health results. What I really remember, is that it was an answer from the Cas to somebody sitting at a session with Laura who had been smoking one or a two drug cigarettes some times ago. Cas told her that even after having smoked such a few quantity, the effects in her case lasted for six months. Now I cannot assure you anymore which kind of drug it really was, and I´ll see if I can find this session again and report back.

Thank you for thhe link, Oxajil. There´s a TV report in Spain called "21 days", in which the presenter spent three weeks smoking cannabis (not having ever smoked it), to contrast health and psychologic responses with a qualified doctor. Analyses results showed to be disastrous, although I don´t remember if the cannabis quantity smoked per day was stated or not, which would be then a misleading experiment. I was nevertheless shocked to see whole american families with their children as well travelling to Amsterdam at the Cannabis Fair once a year to test and buy a whole year drug stock for smoking and cooking purposes too, which is then given to their very young children! :huh:

Foxx said:
Carlise said:

Ah ok, thanks for clearing things up :) . Yeah it's certainly not the 'miracle cure' as espoused by many and is certainly often abused.

My current understanding of the medical science here is that the 'miracle cure' form of cannabis is only when prepared freshly juiced from raw living material. The THC (psychoactive component) remains unactivated, and the CBD (non-psychoactive but highly beneficial according to research) comes through to do it's thing without affecting the psychological state of the user, so far as is known.

Of course, even in that form, it is something that is illegal in most places, and so of course none of these things are recommended for anybody to try period, but with the FDA recently approving big pharma with the green light to make new drugs out of the stuff, I suspect there will be a lot of news on this topic in the near future.

Here is one interesting article on the topic carried by SOTT awhile back: Juicing rare and unavailable strains of cannabis shown to benefit health

Jason (ocean59) said:
My current understanding of the medical science here is that the 'miracle cure' form of cannabis is only when prepared freshly juiced from raw living material. The THC (psychoactive component) remains unactivated, and the CBD (non-psychoactive but highly beneficial according to research) comes through to do it's thing without affecting the psychological state of the user, so far as is known.

Of course, even in that form, it is something that is illegal in most places, and so of course none of these things are recommended for anybody to try period, but with the FDA recently approving big pharma with the green light to make new drugs out of the stuff, I suspect there will be a lot of news on this topic in the near future.

Here is one interesting article on the topic carried by SOTT awhile back: Juicing rare and unavailable strains of cannabis shown to benefit health

Very interesting addition, Jason (ocean59). Thanks for that and the article!

Back
Top Bottom