Something is in the air!

Laura said:
Mildly interesting, but what is the point of posting it on this forum?

'Tickle Me' took a whole new bent. It's that spot where we hate getting tickled, we grimace and jerk and elbow the tickler in the nose and then if they didn't like getting a firm whack or their nose bleeds hopefully they won't tickle there again.

All Is Lessons

Hello Monotonic.

Black humor is a comic style that makes light of subject matter that is generally considered taboo. That form of humor sometimes regards human suffering as absurd rather than pitiable, or that considers human existence as ironic and pointless but somehow comic. I regarded my poems as more satirical in nature...

More detailed description could be found at Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_comedy

I like dark humour/ black comedy (an example of such would be The League Of Gentlemen - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0184135/) but I have to say that I'm not sure that this qualifies as such, or that this is an appropriate place for it.

This just looks like a complete faux-pas, in my opinion. :huh: :O

Alfisti said:

Agree, especially if author constantly avoid to answer the main question "what is the point of posting this on the forum?"

SlavaOn said:
Hello Monotonic.

Black humor is a comic style that makes light of subject matter that is generally considered taboo. That form of humor sometimes regards human suffering as absurd rather than pitiable, or that considers human existence as ironic and pointless but somehow comic. I regarded my poems as more satirical in nature...

More detailed description could be found at Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_comedy

Another take is that it gives the so-called comic, artist, whatever a sense of power and excitement to disturb people with the 'forbidden'. There is a similar dynamic involved with the neighborhood flasher. My guess is this is the case for most 'modern art'.

author constantly avoid to answer the main question "what is the point of posting this on the forum?"

Hello Dakota.

The point of posting this poem on this forum in "Tickle Me" section is to tickle you. It seemed to worked.
I am not a socially active person and this is the only forum that I participate in.

This just looks like a complete faux-pas

Hello Alfisti.

Would you care to critique the poem, other than just labeling it as "socially awkward", please? Sometimes I use bad words in my poems. That makes them totally unpublishable in print.

Thank you for your comments.
SlavaOn

SlavaOn said:
author constantly avoid to answer the main question "what is the point of posting this on the forum?"

Hello Dakota.

The point of posting this poem on this forum in "Tickle Me" section is to tickle you. It seemed to worked.
I am not a socially active person and this is the only forum that I participate in.

Hello SlavaOn,
thank you for answering my question. Actually, you didn't tickle me, you just attract my attention and in not good way.

Maybe you miss important thread Forum Guidelines where everyone can find very useful information about using this forum in right way.

This is the main topics and values on this forum, can you please explain me which of this topics or values your poetry have?

Main topics :

* psychopathology

* consciousness dimensions and alignments (STO VS STS or creativity vs entropy)

* the Work (techniques and methods aiming to the development of objective consciousness : shamanism, way of the warrior, diets, meditation,...)

* description and analysis of creative vs entropic interactions

* study of information collection, analysis and distribution (Cointelpro, medias, disinformation,...)

* objective analysis of major knowledge fields (astronomy, zoology, biology, UFOs, daemons history, religions,...)

* analysis of key historical events (Israel-Palestine conflict, 3rd Reich 9/11,...)

* collection and evaluation of resources relating to those topics (Blog, websites, articles,...)

and this:

Values of this forum:

* Objectivity

* Respect

* Sharing

* Relevance

* Empathy

* Constructiveness

* Temperance

And with this I don't mean to say that your poetry is bad or good, I just don't understand why you forcing something that clearly didn't get any feedback (or just negative feedback)?

I'm also not socially active person (what doesn't mean that that is wrong) and this forum is only forum that I follow regulary and exactly because this place is important for me I try to follow guideliness. At least, I could do that, just to show little bit of respect.

Maybe it will be better if you share your experience without poetry, you aren't just a poet, right?

Hello SlavaOn,

I don't wish to offend you and I may be way off the mark, however I get a sense that you are perhaps looking for an audience for your poetry in order to elicit a positive response; some sort of affirmation or positive reinforcement? Hence, I think, the above questions regarding the purpose of your posts. Further, I wonder if you've studied some of the topics here concerning self-awareness and external consideration because I'm sensing some clues between-the-lines in this thread and in your poetry thread that suggest that perhaps you have not.

Art is subjective and while some people might enjoy your poetry, there may be others here that do not. I personally don't because the tone of it doesn't resonate with me and in my opinion, appears at odds with the overall tone and purpose of the place.

I don't post much here myself because I'm conscious of not wishing to detract from the purpose of the forum, which to my understanding is to learn from those who know and thereby to grow from self-observation; which I'm trying to do with varying success, by applying what I've learned here. I read and listen much more than I contribute because I'm aware of the limitations of my ability to contribute positively, aka the information to noise ratio.

As I say, I may be way off base but please consider this my critique that you requested.

SlavaOn said:

Hello Dakota.

This just looks like a complete faux-pas

Hello Alfisti.

Would you care to critique the poem, other than just labeling it as "socially awkward", please? Sometimes I use bad words in my poems. That makes them totally unpublishable in print.

Thank you for your comments.
SlavaOn
FWIW and in keeping with the spirit and tone of the poem, from my perception, it sucks and does not belong in this forum and makes me wonder what you have been breathing in to compel you to think otherwise. IOW :wrongbar:

Why don't you join some poetry forums, and post your poems there?

Hello Dakota.

thank you for answering my question.

Thank you for your reply. I know that the answer, that I gave, would not be satisfactory. Even to me. I was thinking about it all evening and I think I found the answer that better explains my motives. I am no longer writing any poetry. For at least 6-7 years I could not create anything that is worth the paper that it is written on. People call it "writer's block". I do not know what I was "breathing" in 2008-2010 to get my chemistry right. The rhyming was free flowing without much conscious effort. I would not know where a next poem going, regrardless of where it started. My life did not change much since then. And I did not know if my poetry was good or bad. So, I believe that by trying to publish all these poems, first, I wanted to solicit your feedback and second to unburden myself and maybe create some room for new poetry... Does it make sense to you?

Hello Alfisti

Art is subjective and while some people might enjoy your poetry, there may be others here that do not

I appreciate your critique. I have not tried to gauge my poems from good/bad perspective. Collingwood distinguishes the art from the critique of art - which is science. The true art comes from subconscious. I guess my poems came from my subconscious, since they talk about places I visited, people, family members but did I wrote them? Why would I stop doing it? Why would I wrote them in the first place? I do not know. If life is all about lessons - maybe it a lesson to me.

Hello H2O

I did not want to have these poems discussed on a "poetry forum".
I was under impression that people that do Work would be able to tell me something about them, that people from poetry forums simply shrug off and concentrate on proper rhyming.

I am no longer writing any poetry. For at least 6-7 years I could not create anything that is worth the paper that it is written on. People call it "writer's block". I do not know what I was "breathing" in 2008-2010 to get my chemistry right. The rhyming was free flowing without much conscious effort. I would not know where a next poem going, regrardless of where it started. My life did not change much since then. And I did not know if my poetry was good or bad. So, I believe that by trying to publish all these poems, first, I wanted to solicit your feedback and second to unburden myself and maybe create some room for new poetry...

Hello SlavaOne,

I am not sure, if I will assess your situation correctly with the following - but here is my take on it:

I can understand your frustration. But I think the creative flow cannot really be forced. It increases the blockage, at least from my experience. Probably you know this and just wanted to get the above off your chest, which is understandable.

Maybe there's also something in your life which acts through your subconscious and which you cannot see yet or don't know how to assess? To me it sounds like this. Such things can block creative energy pretty much - energy which would then also be lacking for being able to change things in one's life which are detrimental to one's being and development. If this is the case, I would reiterate an earlier suggestion from this thread to bring it up in the Swamp if you want.

Another possibility would be journalling - another form of writing to get things off your chest, to organize your thoughts and feelings by writing about certain issues. People have been experiencing relief by doing this, and it can also bring about a new outlook on things. Sometimes journalling can help people to assess an issue in such a way, that they then can also communicate it better if they ask for help - or in the case of this forum, to bring it up here for networking (can speak here from experience either).

In some cases such a blockage can also mean, that just another creative outlet is needed. Have you tried anything else - like drawing, singing or dancing for example? Or something else?

In case you want to try journalling and connect it with creativity, you can also check out this thread: Creative journalling

I also think that SlavaOn is in the :wrongbar:

90% of his posts are poetry, and it seems like he's just looking to advertise himself.

SlavaOn said:
I was under impression that people that do Work would be able to tell me something about them, that people from poetry forums simply shrug off and concentrate on proper rhyming.

Well if people from poetry forums shrug off your poetry then maybe it isn't very good.

You think people doing the WORK aren't telling you anything about them... What do you call this...

Renaissance said:

Another take is that it gives the so-called comic, artist, whatever a sense of power and excitement to disturb people with the 'forbidden'. There is a similar dynamic involved with the neighborhood flasher. My guess is this is the case for most 'modern art'.

or this

Laura said:
Mildly interesting, but what is the point of posting it on this forum?

or this

Alfisti said:
I like dark humour/ black comedy (an example of such would be The League Of Gentlemen - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0184135/) but I have to say that I'm not sure that this qualifies as such, or that this is an appropriate place for it.

I could keep on going but I hope you get the message. I don't think you are READING what people is this forum, who are doing the work, are telling you. And if you were doing the work then you would not be writing your poetry here, so why are you here?

Yes, it's interesting how SlavaOn completely ignores gentle hints (they were gentle at the beginning!), and at the same time asks for a feedback from people "who are doing the Work". Not to mention using Collingwood to justify continue posting.

Perhaps better listen to Laura's advice and read Samehow's and other books, where they talk about thinking errors?

Back
Top Bottom