Spirit-Smokes.com website for discounted tobacco and cigarettes

American Spirit's menthol cigarettes have flavor crystals/capsules/something in the filter and not sprayed or added to the tobacco itself. I really like the way their menthol full flavor tastes and smokes. I would truly be a customer for life if only they would release an organic menthol cigarette! All they would have to do is switch the regular filter with their menthol filter on the organics and wa-la..! But when I emailed them they said they had no plans to release an organic menthol!!! :headbash:

Lol they're killing me...has anyone ever seen an organic menthol full-flavor cigarette (not RYO...I'm terrible at rolling and the machines never quite match the quality of factory-rolled) that I can buy in the States?

Went to the Tobacco shop and found out they have a new, organic brand of cigarettes now available in Canada. It's called Yuma Organic. Never heard of that brandname before, but the shop owner says it pretty much made from the same company that makes American Spirit.

Although American Spirit is owned by Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company and looking up on Yuma, it is (was?) owned by Real Tobacco of America Corp. _http://www.trademarkia.com/yuma-organic-blend-78675619.html

It says 'Fair Trade - certified by IMO', so I checked up on the IMO, it seems like a legitimate third party organization _http://www.imo.ch/index.php?seite=imo_index_en

It's a tad bit pricey at almost $15 CDN a pack, although this shop is known for having unusually high prices for premium brands ($12 as opposed to $10 for a pack of Northfield)

Anyway's, just thought I'd post this find.

Hi DanielS,
I'll see if my tobaccanist in Ottawa has them. I was thinking of writing to North Shore Tobacco (manufacturer of Northfields) to find out if they intended to release an organic product and/or if they sell bulk tobacco. I wanted to also know about their cigarette tubes to see if the paper had chemical residues.

While looking them up, I came across Original Tobacco Company Inc. Who claim to be Canada's First Organic Tobacco Company (_http://www.originaltobacco.com/).

I couldn't figure out if they sell retail or only wholesale, but they might be a good source to consider as well.

Since I started smoking additive free tobacco, I have developed a lot of phlegm and a bit of a cough. Perhaps this is a normal lung cleaning method, but it has made me want to find a decent supply so I can go beyond additive-free to organic.

Your post is great timing.

Thanks,
Gonzo

Gonzo said:
Hi DanielS,
I'll see if my tobaccanist in Ottawa has them. I was thinking of writing to North Shore Tobacco (manufacturer of Northfields) to find out if they intended to release an organic product and/or if they sell bulk tobacco. I wanted to also know about their cigarette tubes to see if the paper had chemical residues.

Interesting! Can you post your findings?

Gonzo said:
Since I started smoking additive free tobacco, I have developed a lot of phlegm and a bit of a cough. Perhaps this is a normal lung cleaning method, but it has made me want to find a decent supply so I can go beyond additive-free to organic.

Your post is great timing.

Thanks,
Gonzo

I got the phlegm for a little bit too when I started smoking. But it was mainly when I smoked regular brands and/or ate dairy. So perhaps it could be a way of your body telling you that you have a lot of toxic build-up. Maybe try some alterations to what you eat and vary how much or often you smoke to see if there's a difference and how your body is affected.

I am from Netherlands and I use to buy my smokes from -http://brands.cigarettes-cigars.com , I didn't have any problems so far. Anyone can order from there, there are no restrictions concerning customers country of origin :)
Checkout this place and tell me your opinions, is it worth buying more from there? I want to know if there are some other people that buy from there.

Mod's note: Link deactivated

Hello Fabrizzo, welcome to the forum. We encourage new members to write a post here about how you came to the forum, what books you've read, etc. You don't have to get too personal, just take a look at how others write it. Thank you :).

Turgon said:
Went to the Tobacco shop and found out they have a new, organic brand of cigarettes now available in Canada. It's called Yuma Organic. Never heard of that brandname before, but the shop owner says it pretty much made from the same company that makes American Spirit.

Although American Spirit is owned by Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company and looking up on Yuma, it is (was?) owned by Real Tobacco of America Corp. _http://www.trademarkia.com/yuma-organic-blend-78675619.html

It says 'Fair Trade - certified by IMO', so I checked up on the IMO, it seems like a legitimate third party organization _http://www.imo.ch/index.php?seite=imo_index_en

here's the scoop on Yuma Organic...

Yuma Organic cigarettes, seek to serve the emerging trend in ecological niche products, according to the manufacturer, Yuma Europe Tobacco Company of Niederanven, Luxembourg. Two styles were introduced in Germany last September. As of yet, there are no plans to introduce these brands in North America any time soon.
_http://www.tobaccointernational.com/0908/feature2.htm

Either the Miami based company folded and sold the brand name to the group in Luxembourg, or they just got tired of dealing with US tobacco bureaucracy and moved to Europe.

Yuma Looks to Lead the “Green” Tobacco Market

Yuma Europe is a new Luxembourg-based tobacco company, which is looking to serve the emerging trend in ecological niche products. They are looking to cater to a growing class of smoker that identifies with the movement seeking a greener stamp, the “discerning and socially aware” smoker.

Yuma offers one of the first organic cigarettes to appear on the market, and has plans to launch other “green” products as well. Yuma—though new—offers a personnel with years of experience in every sector of the tobacco business and who, in order to satisfy the demands set by the International Organic Certification Group—have had to apply the highest standards to all aspects of the design concept and manufacturing methods.

Their products had their premiere launch at the Dortmund fair in Germany this past September and will be on display at TABEXPO.

Yuma Europe S.A., 7, Zone Industrielle Bombicht, 6947 Niederanven, Luxembourg, tel: +352 269-457-46, fax: +352 269-457-36, _www.yuma-europe.com. [this link is dead... hmmm]

_http://www.tobaccoproductsmag.com/fall-07/brand.htm

Yuma is good tobacco. I have not been able to determine where it is grown, but it tastes like a North American leaf. I have been ordering one month's supply at a time from a German online seller. That is all that they are allowed to ship into France at one time. It arrives in France in 3 or 4 days from the time it is funded... and that is the hassle. They do not take credit cards from France, so I have to send a bank wire.

I have yet to see Yuma Organic cigarettes offered for sale, but the loose, roll your own sachets are sometimes available in the tabacs here. That's what I order from Germany. They seem willing to ship anywhere, where allowed. _shop@tabak-brucker.de

Edit: You will have to email tabac-bruker to set up an order and get bank wire instructions. They speak a little English

I did a little investigating and found a store here in Southern Ontario that sells yuma and northfields. i checked the organic yuma and right besides the bar code was fsc. I checked the northfields (yellow pack) all natural no additives and no fsc by bar code. Thing is it doesn't say organic which I assumed meant there could be all kids of crap in the soil. But then I read this
http://rivercitycigarco.com/Natural%20Organic%20Cigarettes/Natural%20Organic%20Cigarettes.html

It says organic here however nowhere on my pack do I see the word organic, just natural additive free.

Then there's this http://www.canadiantobaccogrowers.com/Product/NorthField/tabid/2456/Default.aspx

doesn't say organic anywhere. One more thing it's $90 bucks a carton still cheaper than the $13.50 a pack

Hi everyone,
I found an outfit that grows and sells organic tobacco here in the US. It's whole leaf, so a shredder or grinder is needed. I have ordered some. I'll let you know how it is. :cool2:

Uppowoc Organic Garden
http://www.uppowoc.com/

Uppowoc Whole Leaf Tobacco is 100% Organic Burley tobacco (Unprocessed), grown with NO chemical fertilizers or herbicides. Just old fashioned 100% natural whole leaf tobacco. Packed and mellowed on your choice of the following natural hardwood boards: Sugar Maple, Walnut, Cherry, Hickory. Packed in 1/2 lb. VACUUM SEALED packages. Allows you to grind your own Uppowoc smooth and mild Burley. 1/2 lb. package yields approximately one carton of cigarettes. Must be over 18 to purchase. Whole leaf unprocessed tobacco is a agricultural product.

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share my experience in the last few months with smoking.

Growing up with my Mom being a hardcore smoker, I really disliked the idea of smoking and even with most of my friends being smokers I never was interested and never thought I would ever smoke.

However, realising over the last year the demonization of smoking that is taking place and realising the real issue with smoking being the additives that are in most store bought cigarettes, I decided to give it a try.

I started by trying a few smokes from a friend but shortly after bought my own ... intent on only buying organic. Without knowing much, I bought the Yuma brand cigarettes which are certified organic and are mentioned in this thread (part of why I am posting this here). I had been smoking those for about three months on average 1 to 4 per day (good enough for me). What I noticed was that all of my prejudices were falling away about smoking and I experienced a freedom of mind and a lightness of "spirit".

However, I decided to try out some natural, additive free (but not certified organic) tobacco from a great store where I live called Burlington on Whyte. Right away, I noticed a profound difference. With the Yuma's I couldn't inhale through my mouth as it was too intense; I sense that this had something to do with the filters and perhaps the papers they use. With the roll your owns, I am not using filters and am using some hemp papers. I am enjoying this so much more and it feels so much more natural; there is more of an intimacy with smoking now. I am finding that it is really opening up deeper levels in me as well; deeper levels of mind and subconscious.

Another thing is that for a bout 20 years now I have had troubles with my lungs after working in a bakery inhaling all of that flour. Sometimes my breathing would get restrivted in a very uncomfortable way and often when I breathed I would have congestion that would cause squeeky sounds. Now though, I am finding that my lungs are opening up and clearing up.

My suggestion for those who are smoking Yuma's or something like it, would be to find some really good tobacco and start rolling your own. I will never go back to pre-made cigarettes now.

Menrva said:
Hi everyone,
I found an outfit that grows and sells organic tobacco here in the US. It's whole leaf, so a shredder or grinder is needed. I have ordered some. I'll let you know how it is. :cool2:

Uppowoc Organic Garden
http://www.uppowoc.com/

Uppowoc Whole Leaf Tobacco is 100% Organic Burley tobacco (Unprocessed), grown with NO chemical fertilizers or herbicides. Just old fashioned 100% natural whole leaf tobacco. Packed and mellowed on your choice of the following natural hardwood boards: Sugar Maple, Walnut, Cherry, Hickory. Packed in 1/2 lb. VACUUM SEALED packages. Allows you to grind your own Uppowoc smooth and mild Burley. 1/2 lb. package yields approximately one carton of cigarettes. Must be over 18 to purchase. Whole leaf unprocessed tobacco is a agricultural product.

Thanks for the link! I checked out their website and am very interested in trying the sample crate when I can afford it. I'll post on how that goes when/if that happens. :)

For any Australian smokers out there, you can get both American Spirit organic tobacco and Manitou Organic tobacco from this site.

_http://www.tobaccoblends.com.au/en/

kevin2themystic said:
However, I decided to try out some natural, additive free (but not certified organic) tobacco from a great store where I live called Burlington on Whyte. Right away, I noticed a profound difference. With the Yuma's I couldn't inhale through my mouth as it was too intense; I sense that this had something to do with the filters and perhaps the papers they use. With the roll your owns, I am not using filters and am using some hemp papers. I am enjoying this so much more and it feels so much more natural; there is more of an intimacy with smoking now. I am finding that it is really opening up deeper levels in me as well; deeper levels of mind and subconscious.

I am in Alberta and just bought a pack each of Yuma and Northfield cigarettes. I am an ex-smoker (quit twenty years ago), and cannot have more than about 4 drags at a time of the Yuma. Haven't tried the Northfield yet. I bought them at a local Tobacco shop in a small town near where I live, and the owner told me that she can't get loose tobacco in other than the main name brands. I am curious what you bought from Burlington on Whyte, and am hoping I can source it or something similar maybe in Edmonton?

Thanks in advance :)

I just checked the link that was reported down by one of the Aussies on the Forum: _http://www.smokes-spirits.com
It worked OK for me, and I'm in Oz.

Apologies everyone. I neglected to respond to this post I made almost 10 years ago.

Hi everyone,

Uppowoc Organic Garden
The burley was way to harsh and had a really strong flavor to it. Kind of like a bad cigar. The site I recommended is no longer up either.

I ran across a brand advertising on Twitter called Hestia. They say it's pure tobacco. From their story page:

Myths. They’re powerful things. We tell them because they’re full of capital “T” Truth — even if the stories themselves aren’t historically accurate. Throughout antiquity our forebears nourished these narratives to maintain the rhythms and rituals of daily life. I don’t accept that the Greeks believed fanciful stories of their gods warring away on Mount Olympus, anymore than I believe that Odysseus lashed himself to the mast of his fast black ship to keep from falling to the Sirens’ salacious succor. But it doesn’t really make them any less true either, does it?
Hestia is the goddess of the hearth. The communal center. Civilization, as the Greeks understood it, would crumble without a central hearth. And I’m obliged to think we too are better served in coming to the central hearth fires to commune. To be still. I know you’ve done it: sitting there in stilled silence as the campfire embers burned low. Mesmerized by the last lapping flames. Centered. Whole.

I started Hestia Tobacco after having the privilege to work with a few farmers and their families who embody this ethos. Alongside Kentucky’s patron saint of organic tobacco farming, Wendell Berry, we seek “The Peace of Wild Things” through farmers studying the terroir of their land. And instinctively understanding how best to work their dark silty fields. Like coffee plants or grape vines, the tobacco plant remains brittle and frail through its early growth. You don’t tend to it with gargantuan machinery or store it in sky-scraping silos.

We stripped the tobacco down to its perfect, environmentally respectful ideal: pure naked tobacco plants left to grow wild and unadulterated. To care for these plants you have to do it the hard way. The meaningful way. And the knowledge to plant it, prune it, harvest it, and cure it remains an art form passed down by word of mouth, and guarded like a family secret. Our tobacco families are the center of our operation. This is their ritual. Their craft and rite of passage. Because the beginning of Hestia’s art is to consume and partake in their story. To become a page, not a footnote.

And this is my rite of passage, too. My morning meditation and prayer. On my porch. With a perfectly designed and constructed cigarette or two and a brimming, frothy ceramic French press. I drink the steaming beans ripened on a Costa Rican hill, roasted by some folks down the street. Whilst breathing deep the burning leaves of my farmers’ fields. I commune in their craft. In their ritual. And make it part of my own, collecting myself for the day. It’s certainly a myth that tobacco is good for you. And maybe there’s still some kernel of Truth in that after all, too.

DS / August 8, 2014

They were a bit pricey for me. With taxes and shipping it was about 95 bucks for a carton. They are based in the US and ship their cigarettes from Durham, NC and Salamanca, NY.

Back
Top Bottom