Strange sounds In The Sky: Trumpets - Groaning - Scraping

Thanks for sharing the recordings Moksha. That must have been a really bizarre thing to experience! The sounds truly are spooky.

That is just bizarre. And with the visceral reaction you had, no wonder people would attribute those sounds to the gods. How long did it go on for? Was it reported in the local news?

Thank you Moksha, this one is very cool and spooky, sure!

Quote from Moksha
Anyway, the other interesting thing that happened when I heard the sound echo through my bones was an instant flight/fight response. It is as if I was ready to defend an 'attack' from the wrath of the invisible sky god :rolleyes:

I had a similar reaction as I witnnessed an airplanes demonstration many years ago. It felt a mix of impendent doom I attributed to some subconscious memory of past wars, and superhuman powers which raised my hair and urge to leave the airfield.

Quote from Moksha
Anyway, the other interesting thing that happened when I heard the sound echo through my bones was an instant flight/fight response. It is as if I was ready to defend an 'attack' from the wrath of the invisible sky god :rolleyes:

hesperides
I had a similar reaction as I witnessed an airplanes demonstration many years ago. It felt a mix of impendent doom I attributed to some subconscious memory of past wars, and superhuman powers which raised my hair and urge to leave the airfield.

I had a similar reaction on an airfield as a B52 took off and flew overhead. The low tones generated that are beyond the comprehension of the human ear create visceral flight/fight/freeze reactions and a sense of impending doom. They don't even have to drop bombs to terrorize their victims.

Amazing sound Moksha, thank-you. They also give me the feeling of impending doom. The thought comes to mind that it is the voice of the earth crying out in pain or stress--a distress call to the universe to send relief?

moksha said:
Let me know what you guys think.

To me, there's an eerie beauty to the first one. It has a very organic feel to the section between 0:45 and 1:25 and the high 'Ah', as I'll call it (the yellowish part between C6 and C7), has a lot of harmonics to it. Below that the 'Ooh' (green between C5 and C6) has a lot of movement to it that can be seen in the attached pic (96-176 corresponds to ~:45 and ~1:25). It's very wave like...

Today, I've been listening to a lot of the sounds linked in the earlier pages of this thread and so far this one is (to me) the most unique. It doesn't have the rusty trumpet/scraping/humming that others have. I'm curious about what kind of processing went into this to make it 'enhanced'. Just increasing the gain?

moksha said:
I'd also like to note that I've been meditating regularly these days and that could have caused my hearing to be much sharper, or alternatively it just made me more aware of my surroundings.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the uniqueness of the sound you captured. Maybe this helped 'tune in' a stronger signal/sound?

Attachments

• weird sounds ENHANCED_virtual_ans.JPG
    weird sounds ENHANCED_virtual_ans.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 259
herondancer said:
That is just bizarre. And with the visceral reaction you had, no wonder people would attribute those sounds to the gods. How long did it go on for? Was it reported in the local news?

It wasn't reported in the local news. I think you can't really hear it in the city because there is so much ambient noise, especially in people's living rooms. The loudest sound was at midnight when most people had gone to sleep (super loud and very scary, couldn't record that one), continuing for about 3 to 4 hours at varying intervals. I did some quick digging on the web and it looks like it has been happening in this part of the world (South East Asia), since atleast 2012. The previous sounds heard were unlike this one - one sounded like a freight train and the other like screeching metal.

aleana said:
No wonder - those sounds would make the perfect sound track for a horror film - very creepy!

Thanks for sharing and glad you were able to capture these for us.

It is quite cool actually, but also quite creepy when you realize all the stuff you heard/read/seen (like Red Dawn movie) is REAL and IS HAPPENING TO YOU TOO! Perhaps humans have evolved to register these ELF/VLF signals as signs of danger considering our 'checkered past', hence the automatic flight/fight reaction.

Also, I think over time we (or atleast I) have become quite desensitized to all the horrors happening around us that we begin to treat it as something unreal, as if from a distance. it begins to lost its effect. I can imagine a real natural disaster (earth bound or cosmic) WILL wake people up forcibly for sure because it has such a strong emotional effect. Then they have no other option but to search for meaning and justification. Very possible some might go crazy when the cognitive dissonance is too great.

erigol said:
To me, there's an eerie beauty to the first one. It has a very organic feel to the section between 0:45 and 1:25 and the high 'Ah', as I'll call it (the yellowish part between C6 and C7), has a lot of harmonics to it. Below that the 'Ooh' (green between C5 and C6) has a lot of movement to it that can be seen in the attached pic (96-176 corresponds to ~:45 and ~1:25). It's very wave like...

Today, I've been listening to a lot of the sounds linked in the earlier pages of this thread and so far this one is (to me) the most unique. It doesn't have the rusty trumpet/scraping/humming that others have. I'm curious about what kind of processing went into this to make it 'enhanced'. Just increasing the gain?

I wonder if this has anything to do with the uniqueness of the sound you captured. Maybe this helped 'tune in' a stronger signal/sound?

Yes I just increased the gain and added a little noise filter to take out the background noise (using Audacity, an awesome free program). I can upload the original files if you want, they are quite faint though (mobile phone sound recorder can only do so much!)

As for the uniqueness of the sound, i'm not sure. Personally I just realized a week ago that my sense of hearing is far more aware than my sense of sight. Why, I can only conjecture. In any case, I take it as a warning from mother nature to doze off at my own peril :lol: I have an increasingly ominous feeling we have very limited time left.

Slightly off topic, the other thing that I've been thinking about is how people who are having these experiences and realizations are being baited by the emerging 'prepper industry' (_yowusa.com is a good example) to think of all this in purely physical terms (Buy our basalt lined underground bunkers to survive the apocalypse...or else!) I theorize they do not have a spiritual/hyper-dimensional understanding of the subject and can only think of it in physical terms.

moksha , your recording raised all the hairs on my body. I felt the urge to turn it off almost instantly any time I hear them. We could here a sound from the sky about a handful of times in 2012 that sounded more like someone was moving/dragging furniture in an apartment above you. We live in somewhat rural area and unless there is heavy wind it was very clear to hear. I never was able to catch it on a recording though.

This was kind of funny. I had just listened to that recording and was still reading other threads in a room with an AC unit that is kind of loud. All the sudden I thought I heard someone say my name and then heard strange sounds. I about jumped through the roof. It ended up that a friend was calling and I was hearing my phone ring from another room and the noise from the AC unit distorted the way I was hearing it. For a split second I thought I may have attracted something bad by listening to it. :rotfl: I can not explain who said my name though. My friend that had called was on her way over and I told her about that when she got here. She wanted to hear what I was talking about so I played the recording. I had only told her that it has been recorded in different locations all over the world and no one knows were it is coming from. She got extremely uncomfortable and wanted it turned off, but then wanted to listen to some more. She agreed that it is a very disturbing sound.

moksha said:
erigol said:

Yes I just increased the gain and added a little noise filter to take out the background noise (using Audacity, an awesome free program). I can upload the original files if you want, they are quite faint though (mobile phone sound recorder can only do so much!)

No need to post the original files. That's the kind of cleanup I was thinking of. The microphones in phones pick up too much noise in the mid and high frequency ranges. Makes it tough at times to get good raw material for sampling (even with all those fancy filter plugins). :cry:

moksha said:
As for the uniqueness of the sound, i'm not sure. Personally I just realized a week ago that my sense of hearing is far more aware than my sense of sight. Why, I can only conjecture. In any case, I take it as a warning from mother nature to doze off at my own peril :lol: I have an increasingly ominous feeling we have very limited time left.

Slightly off topic, the other thing that I've been thinking about is how people who are having these experiences and realizations are being baited by the emerging 'prepper industry' (_yowusa.com is a good example) to think of all this in purely physical terms (Buy our basalt lined underground bunkers to survive the apocalypse...or else!) I theorize they do not have a spiritual/hyper-dimensional understanding of the subject and can only think of it in physical terms.

The bolded statements are in line with what I've been thinking since hearing your recordings. It's time to pay less attention to our inner dialog and listen to what is going on around us. That seems to have been said many times in the transcripts... :D

Again, thank you for posting the recordings!

Hey guys I don't know if this has been posted before. A friend of mine found this on FB. And texted me the link.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1154259891331901&id=100002437046912

Duke said:
Hey guys I don't know if this has been posted before. A friend of mine found this on FB. And texted me the link.

It looks like computer generated CGI to me. One of the videos uploaded to YouTube lists the source as Ronen Barany, an Israel moviemaker. The source video is listed private. :rolleyes:

There are also some comments on this video that say it was done by Barany. I don't think it's real.

Menrva said:
Duke said:

It looks like computer generated CGI to me. One of the videos uploaded to YouTube lists the source as Ronen Barany, an Israel moviemaker. The source video is listed private. :rolleyes:

There are also some comments on this video that say it was done by Barany. I don't think it's real.

As Menvra wrote it is most likely a fake since the origin of the video (the user Barany) itself is highly questionable.

I ran across this short science video on air moving through a plastic tube. The sounds it makes are similar to the strange sounds being heard. Interesting stuff!

Twirl this 30-inch plastic "hose" over your head at different speeds and make at least five different tones, depending on how fast you can twirl!

https://youtu.be/CuGnsW0ysrA?wmode=opaque

An explanation of the experiment:

Whirly – The Twirling Sound Hose

At first glance, it looks like your ordinary plastic tube.

You wouldn't think twirling a hose over your head could make music, but you'd be surprised what you can discover at the hardware store! You might get a few strange stares, but who cares – it's all in the name of science.

EXPERIMENT MATERIALS
The "Singing Tube" is a popular and inexpensive item in toy stores. There is really nothing to it - a corrugated plastic tube measuring about 3 feet long and 2 inches in diameter.
If you can't find the official "Singing Tube" just use a piece of irrigation tubing from the hardware store.
Plastic bag (garbage bag or shopping bag)
Rubber band

Experiment

Hold one end of the tube and twirl the other end in a circle over your head.
Spin the tube faster and notice how the pitch of the note goes up. Fast twirling creates high pitch notes and slower twirling creates lower notes. Amazing!

Attach the plastic bag to the end of your Sound Hose with tape or a rubber band.
With your mouth a few millimeters from the Sound Hose, blow into the open end. The bag will inflate with just a few big breaths.

Once the bag is inflated, twirl your Sound Hose. As the “music” plays from the hose, watch the bag deflate!
In Search of More Tubes… While the toy store “Twirly” is fun, you’ll soon want to experiment with different size tubes (long, short, fat, skinny) to see how the size and shape change the sound.

Take it even further and try something altogether unique. Buy a piece of large diameter corrugated tubing from the hardware store and on the way home (while someone else is driving) put one end of the tubing out the window and see what kind of sounds you can make as the speed of the car increases. As other drivers send you nasty looks, just scream out the window, “It's science, people!” Try it on your next road trip. (Check out the video tab if you're curious.)

How Does It Work?

Imagine that the tube is filled with tiny pebbles. Twirling the tube overhead would shoot the rocks out of the tube. The same thing happens with the molecules of air. As you twirl the tube, air molecules are launched out of the other end. The faster the twirl, the faster the molecules come flying out.

The bag part of the experiment creates a stunning effect. The plastic bag allows you to see the movement of the molecules when you watch the bag deflate as the Sound Hose is “played.”

Not all plastic tubes sing. The tube must be corrugated on the inside. Why? Aerodynamics researchers in Japan put a whirly in a wind tunnel and used very tiny hot wire anemometers to measure the airflow near the corrugations. As the air flows first over one ridge then over a second it tumbles into a vortex. The faster the air flows through the tube, the higher the frequency of the sound produced by the vortex. When the frequency of the vortex matches one of the natural resonant frequencies of the tube, it is amplified.

Notice how the inside of your vacuum cleaner hose is NOT corrugated! Otherwise, your vacuum cleaner would play music (maybe a poor choice of words) whenever you cleaned the house. That would be one way to get out of doing your chores!

https://www.stevespanglerscience.com/lab/experiments/sound-hose/

A new study has been published that seems to proof that Fireballs can create strange noises via photoacoustics. Although I think it is part of the answer to the strange noises, I think the other part is probably elecrophonics, as Pierre explained in his book, and it can also come from seismic/tectonic activity in the earth.

The paper is here: Photoacoustic Sounds from Meteors

A video about it is here:

https://youtu.be/JqXZbrDZrVU

And an article about it is here: Origin of spooky meteor noises reappraised

Origin of spooky meteor noises reappraised

When a meteor is about to conk your neighborhood and gives fair warning by emitting sizzling, rustling and hissing sounds as it descends, you might think that the universe is being sporting.

But these auditory warnings, which do occur, seem contrary to the laws of physics if they are caused by the friction of the fast-moving meteor or asteroid plunging into Earth's atmosphere. Because sound travels far slower than light, the sounds should arrive several minutes after the meteor hits, rather than accompany or even precede it.

So maybe atmospheric shock waves from the meteors are not the cause of the spooky noises.

Another theory is that the sounds are created by radio frequency emissions. That seems unlikely without designated receivers.

But what if the sounds are caused by the brilliant, pulsating light emitted by the asteroid as it burns up in Earth's atmosphere?

In an article published Feb. 1 in the journal Scientific Reports, the late Sandia National Laboratories researcher Richard Spalding reasoned that such intense light could suddenly heat the surface of objects many miles away, which in turn heats the surrounding air. This could create sounds near the observer. Colleagues John Tencer, William Sweatt, Ben Conley, Roy Hogan, Mark Boslough and Gigi Gonzales, along with Pavel Spurny from the Astronomical Institute of the Czech Republic, experimentally demonstrated and analyzed that effect.

They found that objects with low conductivity, such as leaves, grass, dark paint and even hair, could rapidly warm and transmit heat into nearby air and generate pressure waves by subtle oscillations that create a variety of sounds. The process is called photoacoustic coupling.

Sounds concurrent with a meteor's arrival "must be associated with some form of electromagnetic energy generated by the meteor, propagated to the vicinity of the observer and transduced into acoustic waves," according to the article. "A succession of light-pulse-produced pressure waves can then manifest as sound to a nearby observer."

The experimenters exposed several materials, including dark cloths and a wig, to intense pulsing light akin to that produced by a fireball. The process produced faint sounds similar to rustling leaves or faint whispers. Computer models bear out the results.

A less extreme version of the photoacoustic effect had been observed in 1880 by Alexander Graham Bell when, testing the possibilities of light for long-distance phone transmissions, he intermittently interrupted sunlight shining on a variety of materials and noted the sounds produced.

Apologies if someone else pointed this out, but all these strange trumpet noises around the world...could it be that whatever is causing these sounds is the origin of the Gabriel's Horn story in the bible?

What does that say about what's in store?

Lost Spirit said:
Apologies if someone else pointed this out, but all these strange trumpet noises around the world...could it be that whatever is causing these sounds is the origin of the Gabriel's Horn story in the bible?

What does that say about what's in store?

Hi Lost Spirit,
I don't know enough about the Bible to answer the first part of your question. Given how the Bible was pieced together, it's possible. That's not to say the trumpet sounds aren't a sign of what's in store. Laura researched and wrote about signs and disasters in ancient Rome and the historical record includes similar sounds to these trumpeting noises we've been hearing. You can read about it in the Atmospheric Signs and Disasters: Portents and Prodigies in Ancient Rome thread.

We live in interesting times!

Back
Top Bottom