The Carnivore Diet

I made a video on why, if attempting a carnivore diet, it is probably best not to consume solely muscle meats. This especially applies for people who have higher choline requirements due to genetic polymorphisms on the PEMT gene(s).

Thank you for those explanations, Keyhole. I can't help but think there is a connexion here in regards to the sebaceous cysts I got after 2 months. It could be the answer. I remember eating liver in the beginning, I love it, but my intake naturally decreased, I can tell for sure I wasn't eating liver 3 times a week at that time and I didn't eat eggs as I saw them being too much of a potential culprit.
I wasn't aware of this connexion, it seems really plausible to me, what do you think?

Interesting take on why it may be better to eat a lot more fat on the carnivore diet essentially making it a keto diet without vegetables.

I'm currently taking her advise. I'll keep y'all posted on the results if interested.

I agree about eating more fat. I eat lots of animal fat and I can testify that I didn't took any kg.
I'm at 2,5 months of carnivore with 2 meals / day. Sometimes, I even forget to eat the 2nd meal ! It's easier since I've managed to suppress nuts and chocolate bars. I'm at zero carb now and I feel good.
I'm always at intermittent fasting (IF) too with 16 hours window (permanently)

Another important point is salt. Sea salt, not the processed table salt. Since I increased it, my mood is better (i was depressed with no reason during april and may). Before, I was taking salt only the morning, now I take it at every glass of water all along the day. In fact, to make it easy, I put salt in the bottle of water. And really, I feel the difference. Going outside at the sun helps too.

So thank you very much for this thread and the one on IF. 🌼

Interesting take on why it may be better to eat a lot more fat on the carnivore diet essentially making it a keto diet without vegetables.

I'm currently taking her advise. I'll keep y'all posted on the results if interested.

I've essentially been doing a keto-carnivore diet for three months, but recently added more carbs. She mentioned 200g of fat in that video! That's a lot, and my upper limit is somewhere around 100g per meal, but I usually don't like to go over 80g of fat. After that it's like you're asking for a trip to the bathroom.

She mentioned getting enough potassium and gaining water weight if you don't have enough. I've had some edema for a few years and I wonder if that could be why. I only take one 99mg potassium tablet a day.

I've essentially been doing a keto-carnivore diet for three months, but recently added more carbs. She mentioned 200g of fat in that video! That's a lot, and my upper limit is somewhere around 100g per meal, but I usually don't like to go over 80g of fat. After that it's like you're asking for a trip to the bathroom.

Yes she did! It 's a lot. I'm trying to work my way up to that. I probably had around 125g of fat today. I can divide it between the two meals I eat now; breakfast and late lunch. I cut out the third meal in the evening right after the last session- so I'm usually 17/ 5 (5 hour window to eat, fast the remaining 17)

J'ai u une envie de gras il y a 3 jours et j'ai mangé du beurre en petit morceau et j'ai acheté de la crème fraîche à 30% dont je me suis régalée mais je me demande si j'ai bien fait, je suis le régime carnivore depuis le 1er avril 19, je m'en porte très bien et j'ai perdu 5 kg...

3 days ago and I ate butter in small pieces and I bought 30% fresh cream that I am delighted with but I wonder if I have done well, carnivore since April 1, 19, I am very well and I have lost 5 kg...

It's better not to buy everything said in videos. I don't count the number of calories, the weight of fat or this or that. I just take the information about not forgetting this or that, increasing animal fat. Then my body guides me.
Our body tells us when we must stop ingesting fat.
Moreover, the process is progressive, due to the time our body adapts, due to individuals differences, due to variations in personnal metabolism, etc. So it doesn't make sense when someone says "you must eat this quantity". Just listen to your body and adapt :-)

Another point I'd like to share about my journey in diet: I think about heating less the meaty parts in order to preserve vitamines and decrease my intake of artificial vitamin supplements. I've started to make dry (not cooked) meat like raw ham (homemade). Will post in the recipe thread if I succeed in the recipe.

Nature, pourriez vous me donner le lien recette... Merci d'avance...

Nature, could you give me the recipe link... Thank you in advance....

J'ai u une envie de gras il y a 3 jours et j'ai mangé du beurre en petit morceau et j'ai acheté de la crème fraîche à 30% dont je me suis régalée mais je me demande si j'ai bien fait, je suis le régime carnivore depuis le 1er avril 19, je m'en porte très bien et j'ai perdu 5 kg...

3 days ago and I ate butter in small pieces and I bought 30% fresh cream that I am delighted with but I wonder if I have done well, carnivore since April 1, 19, I am very well and I have lost 5 kg...
:-)
Oui c'est très bien!!
Une idée: tu peux mettre du gras (la graisse animale, tu peux demander au boucher du coin, en général il le donne gratuit car d'habitude ça part à la poubelle, ce qui est du gros gachis) dans le four et ça te donne 2 choses intéressantes:
1- du saindoux pour la partie qui a fondu. Ce saindoux tu peux l'utiliser pour cuisiner à la place du beurre, et le beurre tu continues à le manger non cuit pour préserver sa vitamine A et autres merveilleux nutriments que nous donnent généreusement nos animaux.
2- des "chips de graisse"; la partie qui reste. C'est délicieux

Deelp translation:
Yes, it's very good!!
An idea: you can put fat (animal fat, you can ask the local butcher, usually he gives it for free because it usually goes to the trash, which is a big waste) in the oven and it gives you 2 interesting things:

1- lard for the part that melted. This lard can be used to cook instead of butter, and butter is still eaten uncooked to preserve its vitamin A and other wonderful nutrients that our animals generously give us.

2- "fat chips"; the remaining part. It's delicious.

Nature, pourriez vous me donner le lien recette... Merci d'avance...

Nature, could you give me the recipe link... Thank you in advance....
Je ne l'ai pas encore fait. Et OK, je mettrai le lien dans ce topic :-)

I haven't done it yet. And okay, I'll give the link in this thread.

She mentioned getting enough potassium and gaining water weight if you don't have enough. I've had some edema for a few years and I wonder if that could be why. I only take one 99mg potassium tablet a day.
I agree, but we must be aware of this point: water without natural salt can't do its job (of hydration and removing toxins from the inside of the cells) and attracts intracellular minerals towards it (ie in the blood !!). So, it deplets you from intracell minerals :-( and puts it in blood (arterial hypertension) or in extracellular compartments (ie under skin, or in fatty tissues) . Under skin ( hypodermal mesenchyme and fat under skin) = edema.

Thus the importance off adding salt (not the powder one but the cristals of salt) in our drinking water. You can also drink sea plasma (as explained in the thread about Quinton sea water). I even do Quinton enema twice a week and my IBS seems to calm down.
In my case, even with all the salt I drink (I insist about the real salt, not the table salt which gives edema), I didn't had hypertension nor edema since I've started it. What quantity of salt? Here too, like you feel it. The more I drink salty, the more I'm thirsty, probably because I was on low salt since many years and now my body is on the healing path, or so I feel it. OSIT.

It's better not to buy everything said in videos. I don't count the number of calories, the weight of fat or this or that. I just take the information about not forgetting this or that, increasing animal fat. Then my body guides me.
Our body tells us when we must stop ingesting fat.

Moreover, the process is progressive, due to the time our body adapts, due to individuals differences, due to variations in personnal metabolism, etc. So it doesn't make sense when someone says "you must eat this quantity". Just listen to your body and adapt :-)

Another point I'd like to share about my journey in diet: I think about heating less the meaty parts in order to preserve vitamines and decrease my intake of artificial vitamin supplements. I've started to make dry (not cooked) meat like raw ham (homemade). Will post in the recipe thread if I succeed in the recipe.

nature,

I agree that we should taylor the fat consumption to what our body is telling us.

I think part of the reason the girl in the video consumed large amounts of fat successfully was her exercise program which probably made it reasonable for the energy being exerted. That is just my thought not being an expert. I know that if I am working or exercising more I tend to need more fuel. I think it is good to realize we don't just need the protein but it is the good fat we are usually missing.

Yes she did! It 's a lot. I'm trying to work my way up to that. I probably had around 125g of fat today. I can divide it between the two meals I eat now; breakfast and late lunch. I cut out the third meal in the evening right after the last session- so I'm usually 17/ 5 (5 hour window to eat, fast the remaining 17)

I usually eat 3 meals a day, but on weekends and days off, I eat a big breakfast and then dinner later. I take an intermittent fasting day once a week where I skip breakfast, but it's close to a 12 hour fast, so it just barely counts. But on the days I sleep in on the weekends I suppose I get a 14 or 15 hour fast.

When I think about it, 200g of fat a day is doable. At three meals, it could be something like 80g for breakfast and lunch, and 40g for dinner. Not sure if there's really much benefit to higher ketone levels if you're not burning a lot of energy, like goyacobol said. Maybe just something to experiment with.

This just started today. It's all free. There's probably at least five videos just for the first day. So lots of information on all sorts of things diet related, including intermittent fasting.

Back
Top Bottom