The Carnivore Diet

That was pretty much my experience with it too :). Apart from the doughnuts, all I have eaten for weeks now is meat, eggs, yoghurt, cheese and tea/coffee/hot chocolate. I would like to minimise those drinks and eat more regularly but I have lived off those drinks for about 20 years with irregular meals being the norm so I am not going to pressure myself to make such a drastic change in lifestyle overnight. Getting my sleeping patterns normalised and working to a regular schedule is a more pressing concern. Once I have that habituated and I am eating meals at more regular times then I can tackle the drinks issue.

That was pretty much my experience with it too :). Apart from the doughnuts, all I have eaten for weeks now is meat, eggs, yoghurt, cheese and tea/coffee/hot chocolate. I would like to minimise those drinks and eat more regularly but I have lived off those drinks for about 20 years with irregular meals being the norm so I am not going to pressure myself to make such a drastic change in lifestyle overnight. Getting my sleeping patterns normalised and working to a regular schedule is a more pressing concern. Once I have that habituated and I am eating meals at more regular times then I can tackle the drinks issue.
Things that helped with my sleeping pattern was a totally blacked out room, blue light blocking glasses an hour or two before bed, melatonin about 30 minutes before bed, a little pipe breathing/prayer of the soul (final part of the EE recording) just before sleep and no caffeinated drinks or food past 4pm. Also, if you're drinking hot chocolate in the evening, the caffeine might affect your sleep/melatonin production. Oh, and waking up at the same time each morning/eating a fatty meal straight away. Just a few thoughts.

Things that helped with my sleeping pattern was a totally blacked out room, blue light blocking glasses an hour or two before bed, melatonin about 30 minutes before bed, a little pipe breathing/prayer of the soul (final part of the EE recording) just before sleep and no caffeinated drinks or food past 4pm. Also, if you're drinking hot chocolate in the evening, the caffeine might affect your sleep/melatonin production. Oh, and waking up at the same time each morning/eating a fatty meal straight away. Just a few thoughts.

Thanks, :-). I already get tired when the sun goes down so I think I am well on the way. Usually, however, I just go and make another drink as I don't want to go to bed that early :-[. JBP recommends making friends with Google Calendar and setting a definite 'wake up and get out of bed time' that one sticks to. I am going to do that and see how I go. Better curtains that block out more light are already on my mental to-do list. I shall look into the light blocking glasses and the melatonin. I still need to get EE going so that is part of my desire to get a proper schedule going. In the past when my circadian rhythms and sleeping have been aligned I naturally stopped the drinks leading up to bed but I was exercising and eating better then. Once I get going with a regular schedule I think I can start to slot such things in more easily.

It's 6 months today I have been carnivore. So, overall, it works better for me. My stomach is quieter. The best part is I don't physically crave food. Mentally maybe, yet that's easier to overcome. My mood is out of the world different. I'm not always happy and vibrant, things just 'flow' more. Strength is good. Pain relief is exceptional. I had terrible shoulder pain before starting, now the pain is gone.

There are still bumps in diet here and there, though nothing as major as before. Timing has been one of those bumps, on hectic days. Another might be beef sensitivity (rump steak) 😕

A few weeks ago, I did a 3 day water fast, with salt, minerals, sodium bicarbonate and supplements (DMSO, MSM and vitamin C). It was great. I then broke fast with salmon on the last day, and my stomach did not make a sound. The next day I had a rump steak, and my stomach was uneasy. I found this very interesting. I have never allergy tested so I wonder why it was: the cut, it being grainfed, or because it was beef...?

Yesterday I did my first 36 hour fast while on the Lion diet (it's been 5 weeks, mostly do OMAD - one meal a day). It was the easiest 1+ day fast I've ever done. Usually for me, the first day of a fast is a struggle. Not this one. I wasn't hungry or even interested when around food. On top of that I did a HIIT workout with personal-best weight loads and times, and I wasn't even wiped out for the rest of the day like I often am. Some things are definitely changing in my body!

Yesterday I did my first 36 hour fast while on the Lion diet (it's been 5 weeks, mostly do OMAD - one meal a day). It was the easiest 1+ day fast I've ever done. Usually for me, the first day of a fast is a struggle. Not this one. I wasn't hungry or even interested when around food. On top of that I did a HIIT workout with personal-best weight loads and times, and I wasn't even wiped out for the rest of the day like I often am. Some things are definitely changing in my body!
Just wondering, at what time of the day did you have your single meal when you were doing OMAD? I tried it several times but couldn't find optimal point of time.

Je prends mon seul repas de la journée vers 11/12h (charcuterie, viande ou poisson et fromage) et je n'ai pas faim par la suite...

I take my only meal of the day around 11/12h (cold cuts, meat or fish and cheese) and I am not hungry afterwards....

There are still bumps in diet here and there, though nothing as major as before. Timing has been one of those bumps, on hectic days. Another might be beef sensitivity (rump steak) 😕

A few weeks ago, I did a 3 day water fast, with salt, minerals, sodium bicarbonate and supplements (DMSO, MSM and vitamin C). It was great. I then broke fast with salmon on the last day, and my stomach did not make a sound. The next day I had a rump steak, and my stomach was uneasy. I found this very interesting. I have never allergy tested so I wonder why it was: the cut, it being grainfed, or because it was beef...?

Glad to hear it's working well for you. It may just be a problem with steak being really dense and sometimes tough. I personally can't eat steak for my first meal and opt for pork.

Glad to hear it's working well for you. It may just be a problem with steak being really dense and sometimes tough. I personally can't eat steak for my first meal and opt for pork.

Makes sense. Beef bone broth helps me generally. From theme the beginning of carnivore, it leaves my stomach feeling really settled, steady and less inflamed.

I've been wondering if it'd be okay right after a fast as it is dense.

I like this broth from Amazon a lot.

Makes sense. Beef bone broth helps me generally. From theme the beginning of carnivore, it leaves my stomach feeling really settled, steady and less inflamed.

Whatever works for you! I don't see any reason why bone broth wouldn't be okay after a fast. I still consider it a super-food

I just made a batch of bonebroth and it was great. I used this recipe. For me, I much prefer putting in the effort to make something like this. I'm sure the premade one from Amazon is fine but I quite enjoy buying bones from FarmersChoice (that link includes an affiliate referal link). I think it is just because it puts me in touch with my neanderthal-paleo roots :) Or it might be because it is something that most people don't do anymore and appeals to my rebelious nature :) I'd aggree with ersio about it being OK after fasting. Currently I tend to grab a Scotch Egg after a fast but am going to try the Broth I have now. :)

I just made a batch of bonebroth and it was great. I used this recipe. For me, I much prefer putting in the effort to make something like this. I'm sure the premade one from Amazon is fine but I quite enjoy buying bones from FarmersChoice (that link includes an affiliate referal link). I think it is just because it puts me in touch with my neanderthal-paleo roots :) Or it might be because it is something that most people don't do anymore and appeals to my rebelious nature :) I'd aggree with ersio about it being OK after fasting. Currently I tend to grab a Scotch Egg after a fast but am going to try the Broth I have now. :)

Me too. I prefer to make it from scratch using good quality bones from local farms, and thank you @Rich for the recipe. The premade from Amazon is for on the go, not enough food prepped instances.

In this house, if I don't make my own bone broth once it runs out, then no bone broth.

It's been on my mind to get another freezer, perhaps a good size that I can put in the garage then prepare loads and have it last longer.

That makes me happy. I'll try bone broth after the next fast.

An interesting video showing the MRI results of a 43 years old very fit woman who does carnivore and eats in a two-three hour window. The radiologist's comments about bone marrow around 6:30min were particularly interesting, he says red bone marrow shrinks with age and hers equals that of a teenager. Overall he says that if he had to guess based on the scan, he would say she was 16 years old. At 15:20 he shows his own scan for comparison. It is a promotional video but interesting nonetheless.

Me too. I prefer to make it from scratch using good quality bones from local farms, and thank you @Rich for the recipe. The premade from Amazon is for on the go, not enough food prepped instances.

In this house, if I don't make my own bone broth once it runs out, then no bone broth.

It's been on my mind to get another freezer, perhaps a good size that I can put in the garage then prepare loads and have it last longer.

That makes me happy. I'll try bone broth after the next fast.

You can also can the bone broth which is what I have done using the left-over bones from a butchered grass finished cow. Next time hope to get a full grass fed one. It requires getting a canner but it is a learning experience too. For those with glass top stoves there is one made for that with a partially recessed/extruded bottom to prevent cracking the top.

Presto 01755 16-Quart Aluminum canner Pressure Cooker, One Size, Silver

Back
Top Bottom