The Dark Side of "The Secret"

Hello! Bringing up this old topic which I reread last night, for I would like to share something that happened yesterday.

I experienced this as a "shock" in that I was surprised to see what a impact YCYOR continues to have on some people's thinking process. It seems over the years this has solidified into "the truth" on how to get what you want and is still going strong. To suggest this may not be the way things work is walking into a potential land mine of explosive reactions so I proceed with caution in this situation.

A friend who is 67 years old has lost her long time home since the owners want the house for themselves. We live in a area where its tough to find a affordable rental and she lives with friends until she can find a place. She has been asking for my help in navigating this situation for months so as not to fall into fear and panic (which she has a tendency to do) and to find the home that suits her needs. I've become concerned in the last week that she may be setting herself up for not finding what she needs because she is restricting energy and focusing on one particular situation she wants to happen. I'm seeing how over the months, her imagination has continued to embellish this "perfect place" with the idea this will help it manifest for her. Magical thinking. We have both been involved in New Age thought for many years although my tenacity at looking behind the scenes has led me OUT of that mind set decisively. However, my friend still lingers there and her other friends encourage this mind set. So we had a talk about it yesterday because she is open to my views and there is a crack in the door for another perspective (I'm glad to see).

At its basic level I see it as a choice of what path a person chooses to follow. The STO path endeavors to be in harmony with creation and the higher, broader understanding of All That Is. There is no demanding which would immediately turn all to STS. I see this wishful thinking and the process it takes to manifest its desires as a "magical process" and so a ritual of sorts. Whether white or black magic, its purpose is to "demand" God/All that Is to do as one wishes and so STS. The demands of a "little self". And much of this is based on fear and ignorance of the bigger picture.

So this episode with my friend brought to my attention, with clarity, another mind program that has been dumped on humanity, has taken root and continues to flourish. The impact of this program ties in with other programs I've been considering lately and how they've so successfully taken over, such as the low fat diet, and cigarette smoking.

Social engineering at work. Its interesting but grim.

When I first came here I read this article and it was very enlightening to me so I post the link for others. It forms a bases for what I've said here and if you haven't read it you may appreciate it also.

"MAGICK AND RITUAL AS A FALSE SYSTEM OF ESOTERIC WORK, by Anthony Hargan"

http://web.archive.org/web/20070208184206/http://www.quantumfuture.net/qfs/qfs_ritual.htm

I think that, like anything else, the Law of Attraction can be misused for escapism or to bolster one's ego (narcissim). However, I think we should not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

In my experience, our Higher Self wants us to have a fulfilling and full life, where our deep, authentic and heart-felt desires become manifest. The Law of Attraction is a useful tool, but it needs to be applied within the framework of doing the Work. This includes healing the narcissistic wounding, deprogramming, recognizing which desires are authentic (coming from the Higher Self) and which are ego desires, etc.

The other thing is that books and movies like The Secret often miss important ingredients to make the Law of Attraction actually work. It is not enough to just think about something to attract it in some form. It also needs to be felt or experienced on the emotional level and then followed throw with aligned actions on the physical level.

Even more important is the fact that the Law of Attraction is deeply connected to one's energetic frequency, as well as to the ability to be authentic and present. Without these prerequisites it doesn't really work.

Ultimately, the Work is about connecting to the Higher Self and expressing it - bringing it fully into the physical world of one's daily life. A "side-product" of this is realizing one's dreams and having a fulfilling life.

Back
Top Bottom