The Ice Age Cometh! Forget Global Warming!

Donald Trump, despite all, manages sometimes to tell some truths, which may be a twisted way to ridicule them and deprive them the credibility that would come from a lesser clown. Whether it's deliberate or not is a matter of speculation, but the debates in the US as viewed from the outside are very bizarre.

Greenland Ice Growth Exploding

“Greenland is blowing away all records for ice gain this year,” says Steven Goddard website. Greenland ice growth blowing away records.
Greenland-ice-growth-blowing-away-records-Oct20151.jpg

“(Greenland has) gained almost 200 billion tons of snow and ice over the past two months, which is more than 50% above normal. The surface of the ice gained more than 200 billion tons during the previous 12 months.

Source: http://iceagenow.info/2015/10/greenland-ice-growth-exploding/

SOTT now carries an older (5 November) Accuweather article which throws new NASA satellite measurements into the mix (interesting hyper links included):

http://www.sott.net/article/306438-NASA-satellites-indicate-slowdown-of-Gulf-Stream

Here is an interesting and informative video:
Baffin Island a Seed Point for Glaciation is Cooling | Mini Ice Age 2015-2035
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1MIW__lDjw
Published on Oct 11, 2015

"Baffin Island is known as the seed point for glaciation of the Northern Hemisphere. Its begun to cool again. 4C over the last 3 years with record snows in July 2015 and never melting sea ice. A look at Hudson Bay ice breaker emergency supply and fuel deliveries and other unusual cold anomalies in the Nunavut Region and Baffin Island, Canada."

Falling Water said:
Here is an interesting and informative video:
Baffin Island a Seed Point for Glaciation is Cooling | Mini Ice Age 2015-2035
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1MIW__lDjw
Published on Oct 11, 2015

"Baffin Island is known as the seed point for glaciation of the Northern Hemisphere. Its begun to cool again. 4C over the last 3 years with record snows in July 2015 and never melting sea ice. A look at Hudson Bay ice breaker emergency supply and fuel deliveries and other unusual cold anomalies in the Nunavut Region and Baffin Island, Canada."

That's interesting! So Obama is talking about dire predictions of manmade global warming while wanting to order new icebreakers. Hmmmm....

Here's the video that Falling Water linked to above:

https://youtu.be/T1MIW__lDjw

Nienna said:
That's interesting! So Obama is talking about dire predictions of manmade global warming while wanting to order new icebreakers. Hmmmm....

Here's the video that Falling Water linked to above:

Yes, and I've been watching from time to time this summer the ice maps from Environment Canada (which just changed its name to "Environment and Climate Change"), and they seem consistent with what was presented. I remember the winter of 2013/2014 whereby the Saint Laurence Seaway was iced over hard - all the way from its Atlantic sea opening. There was some coverage of this (like the Great Lakes freeze), yet not very much, at that is significant.

Here was a fear piece that SoTT shone light on in 2009 - Arctic summer ice could vanish by 2013 , and on and on all the way to Paris in 2015 this has gone. If there was a public "hook, line and sinker" icon, I would use it here.

Monster Snowstorm in Denver Breaks Daily Snowfall Record

A massive snowstorm that hit Denver has broken the daily snowfall record, dumping over three inches of snow overnight on the mountain city.

As of 5PM on Tuesday evening, December 15, Denver was beset with 7.7″ of snow, shattering the record of 2.8″ set on December 15, 1897.

This record is both the biggest one-day snowfall this year as well as the most snow seen on any December 15 on record.

The snowfall has made roads treacherous in the area and has caused the closing of many schools and businesses.

The storm has also forced the cancellation of over 130 flights out of Denver International Airport.

But there was some good news from the storm, as ski resorts in the mountains also reported large snow totals. Aspen reported 13 inches, 14 inches piled up at Purgatory, and 9 inches hit Winter Park and Keystone, National Weather Service at Boulder meteorologist Bernie Meier said.

From http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/15/monster-snowstorm-denver-breaks-daily-snowfall-record/

Few years ago, when I was reading Whitley Strieber's and Art Bell's "The coming of global superstorm" one particular event described in this book stayed in my memory.
It was unusual warmth in New York just around Christmas, after which series of strong storms started developing over Northern Hemisphere bringing huge snowfalls over Northern Europe.

Today, while checking for news around the world I've stumbled upon this article: _http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/26/nyregion/warm-new-york-christmas.html?_r=0

Record-breaking warm weather has blanketed the region, lending an almost tropical feel to what should be a season of scarves and hot cocoa. Roses have bloomed in planters near the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center, and beach volleyball games — played shirtless — heated up on Thursday and Friday in Central Park.

But as the mercury reached a record-setting 66 degrees in Central Park on Christmas Day — a day after it hit 72 — there was a sense that the heat had given an unwelcome dimension to the traditional holiday spirit.

I'm wandering if this Christmas Summer time in New York could be kind of tipping point described in this book, after which Ice age started. C's have said about Bell's and Strieber's book that, although it is inspired by STS forces, they can be quite accurate if that's in their interest.

Just find it interesting enough to report.

Hello everyone !

First of all, sorry for my poor english :-[

These past days, I was thinking about a thing (I don't know if it was already mentionned in this way) : If the prolonged cooling of the upper atmosphere (stratosphere, mesosphere, thermosphere) has a significant impact, or not, in triggering an "ice age".

The scientists say, by satelites measures, that the cooling began in the early 1980'. The magnetic activity of our sun also began to decrease at the same period. The temperatures of the outer layers of the atmosphere are mostly influenced by the UV rays which fluctuate more or less depending on the sun's activity. Less UV rays lead to a prononced cooling. There are more and more mesospheric clouds, and it seems to be the same thing for stratospheric clouds. We actually know that cometary dust plays an important role in the formation of mesospheric clouds. The temperature and the water vapor are the main factors for clouds formation. This past years, the water vapor has increase a little in the lower troposphere but has stagneted or even decreased in the upper atmopshere. So, the temperature must also be a main factor for the formation of such clouds by increasing the relative humidity/reducing saturated vapor pressure.

The amount of ozone in the stratosphere has also started to decease strongly since the 80s at all latitudes (except maybe in the equator where the ozone is mainly formed). Chlorofluorocarbons have certainly an impact (They destroy the ozone). (I think the C's have also spoken about this and said it was premeditated). Basically the stratosphere warms because of the interaction of ozone and UV radiations. Less uv rays because of a decrease in solar activity may mean less exothermic interactions with ozone therefore less heat and a cooling (which is increased by the impact of the Chlorofluorocarbons). This cooling can enhance the formation of stratospheric clouds. This kind of clouds can also lead to releasing reactions of chloric acid which in turn destroys ozone to. It's like a vicious circle. At the end we have a cooling, less ozone and more energetics UV rays, which are not filtered and have an impact on dna, which reache the ground.

What follows seems quite interesting for me : The upper atmosphere becoming denser because of cooling. And scientists have noticed that the troposphere tends to decrease, due to cooling of the upper atmosphere, which exert on it a higher pressure. This means that the cooling reaches an area considered as the upper troposphere. And I believe this can be observed objectively by the increasing of the number of condensation trails and their persistence since the end of the 90'. (Some people ans scientists say it is also at this time that global temperatures have begun to stagnate or decrease.)

One other thing that i have found in a book says :

One thing seems likely: the rapid growth of the differences between the troposphere and the upper layers can not proceed beyond a certain limit, as indicated by the laws of thermodynamics. An inversion can occur and even brutally.

So, after some research, I came to think that the increase in temperature differences between the different layers of the atmosphere, conditioned by solar activity, could take an important part in the triggering of a short or long "ice age" by increasing certain atmospheric phenomena through continuous and sudden cooling of the lower atmosphere. (Here I do not take into account celestials phenomena which can be off course related to all this).

Regulattor said:
Few years ago, when I was reading Whitley Strieber's and Art Bell's "The coming of global superstorm" one particular event described in this book stayed in my memory.
It was unusual warmth in New York just around Christmas, after which series of strong storms started developing over Northern Hemisphere bringing huge snowfalls over Northern Europe.

Today, while checking for news around the world I've stumbled upon this article: _http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/26/nyregion/warm-new-york-christmas.html?_r=0

Record-breaking warm weather has blanketed the region, lending an almost tropical feel to what should be a season of scarves and hot cocoa. Roses have bloomed in planters near the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center, and beach volleyball games — played shirtless — heated up on Thursday and Friday in Central Park.

But as the mercury reached a record-setting 66 degrees in Central Park on Christmas Day — a day after it hit 72 — there was a sense that the heat had given an unwelcome dimension to the traditional holiday spirit.

I'm wandering if this Christmas Summer time in New York could be kind of tipping point described in this book, after which Ice age started. C's have said about Bell's and Strieber's book that, although it is inspired by STS forces, they can be quite accurate if that's in their interest.

Just find it interesting enough to report.

Yes, it's interesting especially in view of the blizzard they are now having in NE US, plus the snow and cold elsewhere since Christmas.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35374741

A massive blizzard bringing more than 2ft (60cm) of snow and punishing winds is advancing up the US East Coast.

More than 50 million people across more than a dozen states have been warned to stay at home as it moves north.

The nation's capital, Washington, could lie under a record 30in (76cm) of snow by the time the storm passes on Sunday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/usa-weather-idUSKCN0V00AB

A winter storm that could bury parts of the U.S. Middle Atlantic region under 3 feet (90 cm) of snow slammed into Washington on Friday, threatening the nation's capital with record accumulations as it barreled up the East Coast.

The blizzard started to blanket the Washington area during the early afternoon. Six people had died in car crashes as a wintry mix spread across Arkansas, Tennessee and Kentucky.

The storm could dump 2 to 3 feet of snow on Baltimore and the capital and bring winds of 30 to 50 miles per hour (48 to 80 km per hour) before winding down on Saturday afternoon, according to the National Weather Service.

Philadelphia and New York were expected to get 12 to 18 inches (30 to 46 cm) of snow before the storm abates.

I guess we'll see how this develops.

Eol said:
These past days, I was thinking about a thing (I don't know if it was already mentionned in this way) : If the prolonged cooling of the upper atmosphere (stratosphere, mesosphere, thermosphere) has a significant impact, or not, in triggering an "ice age".

The scientists say, by satelites measures, that the cooling began in the early 1980'. The magnetic activity of our sun also began to decrease at the same period. The temperatures of the outer layers of the atmosphere are mostly influenced by the UV rays which fluctuate more or less depending on the sun's activity. Less UV rays lead to a prononced cooling. There are more and more mesospheric clouds, and it seems to be the same thing for stratospheric clouds. We actually know that cometary dust plays an important role in the formation of mesospheric clouds. The temperature and the water vapor are the main factors for clouds formation. This past years, the water vapor has increase a little in the lower troposphere but has stagneted or even decreased in the upper atmopshere. So, the temperature must also be a main factor for the formation of such clouds by increasing the relative humidity/reducing saturated vapor pressure.

The amount of ozone in the stratosphere has also started to decease strongly since the 80s at all latitudes (except maybe in the equator where the ozone is mainly formed). Chlorofluorocarbons have certainly an impact (They destroy the ozone). (I think the C's have also spoken about this and said it was premeditated). Basically the stratosphere warms because of the interaction of ozone and UV radiations. Less uv rays because of a decrease in solar activity may mean less exothermic interactions with ozone therefore less heat and a cooling (which is increased by the impact of the Chlorofluorocarbons). This cooling can enhance the formation of stratospheric clouds. This kind of clouds can also lead to releasing reactions of chloric acid which in turn destroys ozone to. It's like a vicious circle. At the end we have a cooling, less ozone and more energetics UV rays, which are not filtered and have an impact on dna, which reache the ground.

What follows seems quite interesting for me : The upper atmosphere becoming denser because of cooling. And scientists have noticed that the troposphere tends to decrease, due to cooling of the upper atmosphere, which exert on it a higher pressure. This means that the cooling reaches an area considered as the upper troposphere. And I believe this can be observed objectively by the increasing of the number of condensation trails and their persistence since the end of the 90'. (Some people ans scientists say it is also at this time that global temperatures have begun to stagnate or decrease.)

One thing seems likely: the rapid growth of the differences between the troposphere and the upper layers can not proceed beyond a certain limit, as indicated by the laws of thermodynamics. An inversion can occur and even brutally.

So, after some research, I came to think that the increase in temperature differences between the different layers of the atmosphere, conditioned by solar activity, could take an important part in the triggering of a short or long "ice age" by increasing certain atmospheric phenomena through continuous and sudden cooling of the lower atmosphere. (Here I do not take into account celestials phenomena which can be off course related to all this).

The "brutal inversion" sounds almost like the snow tornadoes of the book "The Sixth Winter" or the terrible downdrafts of cold depicted in the movie "Day After Tomorrow."

The descriptions of the changes in the temperatures and density of the atmospheric layers above are exactly what we have been observing. I've been telling people for years that what they call "chemtrails" are not that, they are contrails forming much lower than they used to do, though still not low enough to sprinkle chemicals on the ground with any degree of accuracy. And, noticing a significant change like that in the layers of the atmosphere is actually a whole lot more worrying than any idea that the gov might be spraying people. (Which does happen, but only low in the troposphere where some targeting accuracy can be achieved.)

Just thinking about the entire atmosphere of the planet changing like this should give people the willies because it is not a human caused phenomenon. It's a really, REALLY BIG symptom of changes. And we don't know what it means or what it can do and hardly anybody is talking about it sensibly.

So, yeah, "brutal inversion" sounds about right; but, like I said, let's keep that possibility in mind and keep our eyes and minds open.

Interestingly, we live in a "bubble" micro-climate and our weather has been unusually mild so far, though lots of rain and fog. Because of temp inversions over this river valley/floodplain, we can sit under a dome of fog for weeks at a time while all the areas around us are getting something else - either sunshine or snow.

Laura said:
Eol said:
[..]
Interestingly, we live in a "bubble" micro-climate and our weather has been unusually mild so far, though lots of rain and fog. Because of temp inversions over this river valley/floodplain, we can sit under a dome of fog for weeks at a time while all the areas around us are getting something else - either sunshine or snow.

We have the same "bubble" micro-climate with mild weather, only a couple inches of snow at a time and beautiful sunny winter days. Although today is misty and cold, but yesterday I watched the slowly melting snow on top of the dug up garden, standing a couple of feet away from the white, barefooted on grass, doing grounding, breath steaming in the mild 3°C. Snow means cold & winter, right? It just struck me, how far our group progressed health-research-wise and the resulting changes now.

Maybe its possible that persons attracting and conducting different FRVs are affecting the environment too, resulting in the coming around of temporal micro-climates with mild weather?

Its just happens too often to be left unnoticed, while other parts of the country and world are reporting brutal weather.

lilies said:
Maybe its possible that persons attracting and conducting different FRVs are affecting the environment too, resulting in the coming around of temporal micro-climates with mild weather?

I don't think FRVs are necessary to explain temporal micro-climates, but I have wondered about that. Some years ago while I was in school I remember storms kept coming but strangely there was a bubble around our area that the storms would just avoid. On the weather map it literally looked like some bubble was pushing the storm aside (and it did not appear like a radar aberration), and we did not experience storms like our surrounding areas did.

Laura said:

That would be exactly what happening here as well.

It is actually pretty nice at 23' degrees Celsius. Good old t-shirt weather.

The hard snow level has yet break below 1628 meters. Just lots of rain, accompanied by high and low fluctuating temps. Again a waving cycle.

I expect this current condition is subject to a raid and sudden change, that could appear overnight. Knowledge! Thanks due to what were all sharing with networking here. (much appreciated).

Back in states the on the second front current temps.
Lyon County, NV
Overnight: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 45. South wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Saturday: Rain likely before 10am, then a chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Saturday Night: A chance of rain and snow, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 44. West wind around 5 mph becoming northeast in the morning.

Sunday Night: A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Southwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.

Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 26.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.

Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 54.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 57.

Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.

Friday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 59.

This is very mild and perhaps not worth posting. But just another example of the extreme indifference's on this BBM.

Truckee, CA I80 Snow Chains Required - 1/18/2016
A small, but potent winter storm is affecting parts of California northeast of Sacramento. Winter Storm Warnings and Advisories went up late Sunday night and continued into Monday morning where upwards of 14 inches of snow fell. Parts of I-80 were closed to any vehicles without snow tires or chains as travel over Donner Pass was extremely hazardous due to heavy falling snow covering the interstate

https://youtu.be/lW7OeAVX8fA

The pic info. Taken 11-21-15 And long gone now.

Attachments

• 026 (1000x750).jpg
    026 (1000x750).jpg
    658.6 KB · Views: 187
Eol said:

Well it seems that Northern hemisphere is experiencing one of recently more frequent event called Sudden Stratospheric Warming, according Severe Weather Europe FB post:
The term SSW refers to what we observe – rapid warming (up to about 50 °C in just a couple of days) in the stratosphere, between 10 km and 50 km above us. Speaking of this, if lucky enough, a delayed (means 2nd half of February) an extremely cold 14-20 days period could result in the troposphere, indeed it could be pushed into European side of the pole or American. We're monitoring the evolution closely!

BBC's nice short description of SSW: _http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/20992173

According to wikipedia article:
Although sudden stratospheric warmings are mainly forced by planetary scale waves which propagate up from the lower atmosphere, there is also a subsequent return effect of sudden stratospheric warmings on surface weather. Following a sudden stratospheric warming, the high altitude winds reverse to flow eastward instead of their usual westward. The eastward winds progress down through the atmosphere and weaken the jet stream, often giving easterly winds near the surface and resulting in dramatic reductions in temperature in Europe.

So, let's wait and see how things will turn out.

Back
Top Bottom