The infrabed

Hello H2O said:
Received my infrared lamp today.

https://www.amazon.ca/Fuloon-Infrared-illuminator-adapter-E8100-30/dp/B01M4OGF39/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1502389038&sr=8-2&keywords=infra-red%2Bfloodlight&th=1

A whole 5 days early. Was supposed to arrive Aug 18th. (Must have been in the giant Amazon warehouse that is only about 8 blocks from here...)

It seems to be as advertised, seems high quality. I notice a slight hum when plugged in, but no flicker that I can see.

Now I just have to figure out how to use it. :D

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

I'm glad you got it early Hello H2O! I just had a thought: the lamp is much smaller than the Infrabed so it will only cover a small part of our body at a time. I'm curious if anyone knows whether those of us who will be relying on lamps would be better off using them 15 minutes per day? Or would 15 minutes per body part be a better option?

I guess instead of answering your question I sneakingly threw mine in too :whistle:

Ant22 said:
Hello H2O said:

https://www.amazon.ca/Fuloon-Infrared-illuminator-adapter-E8100-30/dp/B01M4OGF39/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1502389038&sr=8-2&keywords=infra-red%2Bfloodlight&th=1

A whole 5 days early. Was supposed to arrive Aug 18th. (Must have been in the giant Amazon warehouse that is only about 8 blocks from here...)

It seems to be as advertised, seems high quality. I notice a slight hum when plugged in, but no flicker that I can see.

I'm glad you got it early Hello H2O! I just had a thought: the lamp is much smaller than the Infrabed so it will only cover a small part of our body at a time. I'm curious if anyone knows whether those of us who will be relying on lamps would be better off using them 15 minutes per day? Or would 15 minutes per body part be a better option?

I guess instead of answering your question I sneakingly threw mine in too :whistle:

Mine arrived Friday evening, and I checked it out yesterday. I can say with some certainty that there should be no flicker.
The power supply circuit is a small switch mode power supply (see attached PSU pic at the end of the post) which tend to provide a steady supply of power. I don't have my oscilloscope anymore, but my multi-meter didn't register anything that would suggest a pulsed current.

It has an internal fan that causes some hum, and the power supply does whistle a little when it's running.
You'll need to remember to cover the light sensor in order to turn the infra-red on.
Will look like this close up:
how_a_light_dependant_resistor_works_typical_ldr.jpg

It does also tend to heat up to about 37oC after an hour or so of use.

I've used it for 15 minutes per location. Generally I just hold it or rest it in place, as close to my skin as possible.
Head, neck and shoulders is what I am focusing on. So far it seems quite relaxing (my muscles unwind), somewhat similar to the FIR blanket.

Attachments

• PSU.jpg
    PSU.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 276
Pierre said:
Laura said:
Keyhole said:
A useful way of looking at it is: The human body is optimally adapted to full spectrum sunlight.

We don't know that this is necessarily true if we consider environmental changes on our planet over the past 12K years, at the very least. It is clear that critters used to live on our planet that can no longer survive here. We see animal species going extinct around us at an alarming rate and it may not ALL be due to human actions, but environmental conditions changing.

For example, if earth had a water vapor canopy, or serious ozone layer for much of the history of human evolution, we would most certainly NOT be optimally adapted to full spectrum sunlight as we experience it today.

Today we experience a higher cloud cover, i.e. more atmospheric water droplets and water absorbs NIR about 1000 times more than blue. So, here we have a dis-balance in favor of the 'harmful' blue radiation vs. the beneficial red/NIR.

In addition the depletion of the ozone layer induces an increase in incoming harmful UV radiation.

So, compared to say, only 100 years ago, the atmospheric condition modified (in a detrimental way) the spectrum of incoming Solar rays. Now it's difficult to know what the nature of the atmosphere was 12,000 years ago, but knowing how much it changed in only 100 years, the difference between now and 12,000 BP might have been huge.
This brings to mind the very first article I read of Laura’s, which was--and is, completely fascinating because it's about changes in atmospheric light having an effect on human beings. Below are a couple of excerpts and here’s the link: https://cassiopaea.org/2010/09/15/supernovae-vehicle-of-ascension/

A: DNA core is as yet undiscovered enzyme relating to carbon. Light waves were used to cancel the first ten factors of DNA by burning them off. At that point, a number of physical changes took place including knot at top of spine. Each of these is equally reflected in the ethereal.

Q: (L) Okay, there were this many people on the planet, how did they [the “Lizzies”] effect this change on all of them?
A: Light wave alteration.
Q: (L) And light waves, actual light waves, affect DNA?
A: Yes.

A: DNA core is as yet undiscovered enzyme relating to carbon. Light waves were used to cancel the first ten factors of DNA by burning them off. At that point, a number of physical changes took place including knot at top of spine. Each of these is equally reflected in the ethereal.

Q: (L) Okay, there were this many people on the planet, how did they [the “Lizzies”] effect this change on all of them?
A: Light wave alteration.
Q: (L) And light waves, actual light waves, affect DNA?
A: Yes.

I was thinking about this too and how Laura and crew asked the C's if using light could repair the damage, the C's said yes it would and here we are now using light as therapy.

Ant22 said:
Hello H2O said:

It has been stated that using the IR lamp on any part of the body should affect the whole since the body is very well integrated, although me thinks it could help shining the light were it's most needed. Pierre also mentioned that there doesn't seem to be a limit to how much light you can use, so going over 15 mins may not cause any damage(this can tie into the Palaeolithic era having a higher amount of constant IR light). I'm still a green horn on IR therapy but we shouldn't ignore the possibility of anyone have an extreme reaction to IR and may have to build up to increasing the exposure time. I'm excited to see if it can help with my heart disorder.

Glad to see you guys are getting yours so quick, mine won't come till September :(

Great project. Am glad that you, Laura see benefits using it and your health condition is improving, and I hope Pierre's headache will go away.

Hello H2O said:

Prolonged IR exposure is counterproductive, diminishes healing effects, versus short 8-15 minute treatment, which maximizes healing effect. Amazing, how you can ruin IR treatment(s) by applying too much..

Your eyes will need IR 660nm and/or 780nm to improve. I wouldn't take Vitamin C or NAC 1 hour before +after IR treatment, deliberately applied antioxidants working in body seem counterproductive to light therapy.
https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,44298.msg719185.html#msg719185

Your brain will be best penetrated by 808 nm to a depth of max. 2 inches (40-50mm) - any other wavelength is less penetrating, while the uncovered brain tissue mass is best penetrated by 1000 and 1100 nm. (Ref.#1) This means either where your skull is less thick - back of the head, but usually there you have most hair(!!), which pretty much stops IR dead (Ref.#1), or anywhere you wish, but with LEDs it means pretty much [pressed to] skull-skin contact.

Read the linked articles in this thread, they are addictive! See titles below. According to latest research exposure to any body part affects the whole:

(Ref.#1) Shining light on the head - Photobiomodulation used to treat brain disorders

Lightening up: The Benefits of Photobiomodulation

The Therapeutic Effects of Red and Near-Infrared Light
https://www.sott.net/article/358692-The-Therapeutic-Effects-of-Red-and-Near-Infrared-Light

The use of low level light therapy for reducing pain and inflammation and promoting healing in the tissues and nerves

RedFox said:
I've used it for 15 minutes per location. Generally I just hold it or rest it in place, as close to my skin as possible.
Head, neck and shoulders is what I am focusing on. So far it seems quite relaxing (my muscles unwind), somewhat similar to the FIR blanket.

Since I only have about 15 minutes per day to do this, I'm sticking to 15 minutes directly to my feet, which is precisely the place that hurts.

Perhaps it helps with grounding? I don't know if it is related, but I felt Reiki energy going much stronger after a NIR session to my feet.

Hello H2O said:
Gandalf said:
Hello H2O said:
Thinking of grabbing this one. With the dimensions around 7" X 5" X 5" deep and about 2 lbs, it seems like something you could hold in your hand. I suppose you could mount it to something as well.

But there are two options, described as:

Model selection:(E8100-30-A-IR/E8100-60-A-IR)
E8100-30-A-IR: Standard 30° level angle visual range, Visual distance:60m(236") - $72.98
E8100-60-A-IR: Standard 60° level angle visual range, Visual distance:40m(157") - $57.99

Any thoughts on which one would be better? I am guessing the 30 degree level angle as it would seem it would be more focused compared to the 60 degree angle option. But since it would be used close up, not sure that would make much difference. Not sure whether it is worth it to spend the extra $15.00 to get the 30 degree model.

Hi Hello H2O,

As far as I can see, the 2 models are the same prices (57,99$) and the shipping is 13$ for each model.

Hi Gandalf

It seems that when you go through the buying process, the different options and pricing becomes more evident. I was able to grab the more expensive one, 72.98, for free shipping, due Aug 18th. There was about 5 different shipping options, and the free one was not so evident upon first glance. (You can't really see the options clearly until you are in the cart making the purchase, so it is a bit confusing.)

Thanks

I just ordered the E8100-30-A-IR model to try out as TF had suggested during Reiki on the weekend and for me it also only showed the options that Gandalf mentioned above. I paid $70.99 after shipping. Either the amazon shop has made a recent change or it loads different options for you based on your region, or so I think.

Just finished reading this thread. Glad to read that it is helping Laura and others heal faster. Once I get mine, which will also be sometime in September, I will block the light sensor as Redfox instructed with tape or something so that the IR light always comes on. Thank you for the info.

Ok, I got some data from the supplier for my unit, CMVision CM-IR130 198 LEDS 300-400ft Long Range IR Illuminator.

The LEDs emit 20 mW/LED or cm2. It is true 850 nm, but the manufacturer do have a range of 830-870 nm.

So, I have 198 LEDs and a surface of approx. 335 cm2. I still don't know if it is CW or freq. modulated...

My calculations says that if I use it for 45 min i get 54 J/cm2 over that particular area, 20x16 cm.

0.02 W x 45 (min) x 60 (seconds) =54.

This is just an example to see how long time is needed for deep tissue treatment, I've read everything from 20-30 up to 60 J to go deep.

Does the calculation seem reasonable? The Infrabed emits 7.7 mW/cm2 according to Pierre, the difference is it covers the whole body!

Red Light Man unit: https://redlightman.com/product/infrared-mini-830/ emits 200 mW/cm2 at 10 cm (20 mW/cm2 at 70 cm) and it has 12 LEDs, that's roughly 16-17 mW/LED.

worldbridger said:
Ok, I got some data from the supplier for my unit, CMVision CM-IR130 198 LEDS 300-400ft Long Range IR Illuminator.

The LEDs emit 20 mW/LED or cm2. It is true 850 nm, but the manufacturer do have a range of 830-870 nm.

So, I have 198 LEDs and a surface of approx. 335 cm2. I still don't know if it is CW or freq. modulated...

My calculations says that if I use it for 45 min i get 54 J/cm2 over that particular area, 20x16 cm.

0.02 W x 45 (min) x 60 (seconds) =54.

This is just an example to see how long time is needed for deep tissue treatment, I've read everything from 20-30 up to 60 J to go deep.

Does the calculation seem reasonable? The Infrabed emits 7.7 mW/cm2 according to Pierre, the difference is it covers the whole body!

Your calculation sounds right to me. I guess that if your objective is to treat deep tissue, you should indeed aim for the 30-60 J/cm2. I suppose that you will 'overdose' the superficial tissue and cancel some of the beneficial effects of NIR in this area but that's not a problem if your target is deep.

I'm starting to think that the ideal treatment might be a combination of local NIR treatment focused on the targeted ailment and a systemic treatment (full NIR bed) to 'boost' the physiological processes (detox, immunity, overall energy...) that will help heal the local ailment.

Yeah, that combination would be great, but I have to settle with this one for now.

A good thing is that the smaller units and lamps are portable, you can plug it in wherever you go or even use a (car) battery if you have an adapter...

worldbridger said:
Yeah, that combination would be great, but I have to settle with this one for now.

A good thing is that the smaller units and lamps are portable, you can plug it in wherever you go or even use a (car) battery if you have an adapter...

Nice thing is that you can use the portable units while doing a lot of other things. You are pretty much trapped for the duration in the infrabed, as I have learned!

I want to just mention here that the handheld LED red (or other color) lights are helpful for some things and easy to use. I have one like this:

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B018G3X6PS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Which I use on my jaw, face, etc. Has really, REALLY helped with that persistent jaw infection.

And then there is this:

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01K7E7S94/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Looks pretty weird, I know. I don't use it on my face, I use it on my back or knee while I am sitting and reading. It can REALLY give some good relief with just a 30 minute treatment.

Laura said:
The conditions we are in right now don't really matter if they are not what we evolved to encounter.

You might benefit a lot from reading "The Idea of History" as posted on another thread, and using the methods he describes to begin to try to get in touch with your inner paleolithic ancestor.
Ok, I understand the point - that things may have been completely different even in our recent history, but things are rapidly changing now so it is difficult to make any assumptions about what level of exposure (etc) or type of light is best.

Thanks for the book recommendation, I will add it to the list :lkj:

Laura said:
I want to just mention here that the handheld LED red (or other color) lights are helpful for some things and easy to use. I have one like this:

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B018G3X6PS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Which I use on my jaw, face, etc. Has really, REALLY helped with that persistent jaw infection.

And then there is this:

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01K7E7S94/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Looks pretty weird, I know. I don't use it on my face, I use it on my back or knee while I am sitting and reading. It can REALLY give some good relief with just a 30 minute treatment.

Your french is that good? Impressed.

2nd link....scary stuff...:)

Back
Top Bottom