The Situation in Mexico

We were looking to move to Mexico because my partner is Mexican

Soon it will not be advisable for a foreigner to live in any city in Mexico. There is a process of gentrification, mainly in Mexico City, which is why people are beginning to see the arrival of foreigners as a nuisance.

Why? The arrival of foreigners has increased the cost of living in middle class neighborhoods.

Yeap ...that is México ...that's why I don't understand Americans are moving to mexican citys

So, It is very cheap for foreigners to live in Mexico

Due to the demand of foreigners, the rental price in the Condesa neighborhood, for example, went from 17,851 to 28,542 pesos per month. That is a lot for an average Mexican, for a foreigner who comes to work remotely and receives a salary in dollars not so much. At today's exchange rate those 28,542 pesos are equivalent to 1,585 usd. I don't know if most foreigners can afford that.

So yes, there is in process the development of hatred towards foreigners. I don't have data, but ordinary people talk about how President Lopez Obrador came to give back to the people the pride of being Mexican and it is noticeable in the way they start to treat foreigners although it is not really generalized, it is more something that is developing in urban centers like Guadalajara, Monterrey, México City.

One of the problems that foreigners have, although not the majority, is their inability to blend in and fit into the place where they chose to live. As the saying goes: "In Rome do as the Romans do".. Or face the consequences.

Recently there were two very mediatic cases. The first happened when American model Breanna Claye criticized the sound of organ grinders (street musician) in Mexico City and wrote on her social network:​
"the "number 1 most annoying sound in Mexico... Giving money to these people is like telling them it's ok, let them pollute with their noise, that's why I don't do it. Besides, it doesn't even sound that good".​

After such a stupid comment, the model was fired from the agency where she worked and the pressure of social networks did not hesitate to say "get out of the country"... But with fouler words.

Another case occurred in Mazatlan when foreign tourists asked hoteliers not to allow regional music groups on the beaches. The groups known as "Bandas" are traditional in that state and do so on a public beach.

Now it is no secret that young Americans seek drugs, in fact it is thought in Mexico that there is no "gringo" who is not on drugs. I mean, it is their health and their body, but here you don't play, you don't get too smart, if you don't want problems buy your poison and that's it, the dealer is not your friend and above all don't be ostentatious, because he who does it pays for it.

So, if you want to live in Mexico you have to become Mexican, that's it. Don't make waves as it is popularly said, keep in mind that here you are nobody and you will be fine. If you don't want to, there are many nice options like the Bahamas.

I'll give you a few reasons and I'll speak in past tense because some are no longer valid:

1- Food was way better, way tastier, way fresher (things have changed because many Globalist Agro businesses came in). Everything tasted better than the food in Canada. When I came back home, I found everything tasted like cardboard.
2- Much cheaper cost of life (not true anymore)
3- Beaches, waves, ocean 🌊
4- No winter/no snow, unless you live North or in the mountains
5- Cheaper Health/Dental Care (most likely still valid)
6- There used to be a lot of cheap real estate in quiet rural areas. (Now it's overpopulated and/or overcrowded with Gringos buying all the real estate and deforesting everything. One example: San Agustinillo in Oaxaca).
Yes I understand the reasons, those are very valid, but I still believe that we need to defend our countrys..the "demons"are everywhere and we need to learn to neutralize them...from inside with knowledege. .and if You move to another country, You can't expect to change all the enviorement , it Will be harder , there's going to be actions against all this people with money , that are taking away the peoples places in mexico ...everything comes around ,its bi directional 👉🏼👈🏼

So, if you want to live in Mexico you have to become Mexican, that's it.
I totally agree! Does eating street food late at night such as "tacos the tripas" count as making a foreigner Mexican? 🤣 I loved those. I also stuffed myself with artisanal nieve de coco, handmade ice cream bars with fruits in them, flan from the panaderia, and that lady with her basket selling still warm ham & cheese volovanes. People were so sweet to tourists back then. I'm sad to hear about the negative changes.

Apparently, this is another thing that has almost disappeared from the country because of rules and permits: street food.

I totally agree! Does eating street food late at night such as "tacos the tripas" count as making a foreigner Mexican? 🤣 I loved those. I also stuffed myself with artisanal nieve de coco, handmade ice cream bars with fruits in them, flan from the panaderia, and that lady with her basket selling still warm ham & cheese volovanes. People were so sweet to tourists back then. I'm sad to hear about the negative changes.

Apparently, this is another thing that has almost disappeared from the country because of rules and permits: street food.
Indeed , You go to a foreign country and have to respect their culture, not to impose your habits...and also México yes there's a Lot of Bad things that are on sale, (drugs ..pedophiles..do You know who are the ones who pay for that services ? They travel to México to do their nasty things with childrens and people Buy those services, Places like, Cancún, Playa del Carmen, Acapulco ,Puerto Vallarta etc) and most of the time it's people with very bad habits ..it's like a said before México and USA HAVE a very toxic marriage....

You can't expect to change all the enviorement , it Will be harder ,
This is so true even in the US. For example Hawaii has its own culture. It can take years to figure it out and embrace it, but it really is key to learn and respect the local culture. You have to run the gauntlet of resentment to join the ranks of community acceptance. Kind of like hazing almost, but there are reasons. It’s a kind of a test of your mettle. So many fail. And those who fail to integrate fall prey to saying “what you people are doing is stupid and you need to change to match my personal subjective likes and dislikes.

Bad strategy.

🌊
4- No winter/no snow, unless you live North or in the mountains
Certainly... No snow, as had been said, need to blend as Mexican, you need to acclimatize... You need to endure the heat of many places in Mexico, especially if you come from temperate or cold climates.

Yes, you can have air conditioning in the car, at work, in schools, in shopping malls.

But the electricity goes out and...? You put up with it, you acclimatize. Because it is known that also the governments in this Agenda 2030 are going to substitute energies and although Claudia already mentioned that Mexico will continue with fossil energies, there have already been cases this year where the only electric company in Mexico warns of power cuts and blackouts. And, I do not doubt that this could be a constant in the future.
Some Canadians went to Puerto Vallarta on vacation, warm/hot weather all year round... Everything was nice the first day, the second day not so much, the third day they spent it in the room or in the lobby, places with air conditioning. On the fifth day they went back to Canada, they were going to stay for 2 weeks. They did not see the point of staying indoors because they could not stand the heat. It must have been 15 years ago, my sister knew about it because one of the members of that family was her coworker. And now the sun burns more, it's different, you can feel it.

As for climate change, it is known that the north could freeze, there is not much information from this latitude, but too much heat is being observed - at least for the moment.

In a letter sent to the Secretary of State (Anthony Blinken) and the Secretary of Energy (Jennifer Granholm), four Democratic senators who are members of the Foreign Relations Committee asked to put a stop to President Andrés Manuel López Obrador's electricity reform proposal, with which Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) will have more power in the national electricity market. Shortly after, the Mexican government highlighted that power groups in the United States were financing campaigns against the Fourth Mexican Transformation (4T)
Hi Puma,

Possibly one of the reasons for the above statement, it might seem that Mexico is viewed as a huge untapped electricity market that has no governance around rate structures and multiple competitive electrical utilities. Similar to concrete monopolies in the 80/90's and more recently hydrocarbons in the 2000's, US companies don't know how to operate in Mexican markets that there are no fixed rules. And no path of escalation (usually Federal level) if regional actors are exploiting conditions.

The US sells electrons to Mexico and a few times large amounts were bought (to augment the Texas grid during the freezes of 2018 and 2021 that took alot of generation offline) but without the consistency of regulation (ie everyone has to play by the same rules) the MX-US energy market is at peril to being Enron every time it gets hot and every time it gets cold.

That level of volatility is not worth the investment.

The Green narrative is a pipe dream, as the premise of most "green" anything when it comes to electricity is 'digitization' which for the Church of Gore followers/subscribers means control via a network to operate a physical switch. Same thing that the same folks/mentality in Europe and the US were wanting to achieve (but not really that well thought out and not going the way they hoped - perfect example of wishful thinking) as Mexico doesn't have the infrastructure to begin with and would require massive capital investments to get anything close to infrastructure capabilities that would permit the level of control that would delight the Church of Gore's fancy.

But is hard to plan capital projects and budget lifecycle management when the cartels can just go commandeer the fleet of bucket trucks or cut the wires when they feel like it.

I know the market in Tejas would like to work more with the Mexican states, they just lack reasonable guarantees that enforceable regulation will protect their investments.

Which in my opinion is why all the other nations/organizations all chime in on how to fix things and push their agenda (ie what worked for them in their locales) or specific ideals onto the governments of Mexico. Whom inturn they hope the Government of Mexico would be able to swing a large bat to knock the people in line. Which as y'all know, the Cartels kinda screw that model up.

Eventually there will be better cooperation, there will be more energy transfer between the markets but alot of the stuff I mention above needs to go away or maybe better put, get out of the way of the will of the people.

But the electricity goes out and...? You put up with it, you acclimatize. Because it is known that also the governments in this Agenda 2030 are going to substitute energies and although Claudia already mentioned that Mexico will continue with fossil energies, there have already been cases this year where the only electric company in Mexico warns of power cuts and blackouts. And, I do not doubt that this could be a constant in the future.

The power cuts are economically driven but reported as some sort of remedy to Irish cow farting. Do not be fooled ever when someone says there isn't enough electrons flowing, as if you traced the wires you would find someone's finger is blocking that flow. You can't get more budget if everything is working just fine. The only constant I foresee if the attempt of normalizing 'disaster capitalism' which is very reactionary and not sustainable as a model. Large influxes of capital investments (which is where the majority of the grift occurs) to solve the end of the world are fine, but day 2 operations require that someone needs to get paid to provide ongoing support and that is not very lucrative to the grifters.

Hi, rognaill

as Mexico doesn't have the infrastructure to begin with and would require massive capital investments

The infrastructure to generate "green" energy exists, there is even an atomic power plant. All of them under government control and this is where the problem lies. Mexico has a territory that can generate energy by other means. The following image shows you the different types of electricity generation in Mexico​

FB_IMG_1717816926534.jpg

As I mentioned here the problem is that the government does not allow foreign investment in power generation, the whole pie, so to speak, is for the government. The big investors see this as a grievance because apart from not being able to compete they cannot establish the tariffs they want, as in the case of Spain for example where there are very expensive tariffs. In fact, if it had not been for the 4T regime, Spanish companies would have controlled power generation in Mexico. No economic power would allow that, so why should a developing country submit.

This is what the foreigners say about

The 2021 Mexican Electricity Reform. What Foreign Investors Should Know To Protect Their Rights​

In Brief

The Situation: In March 2021, the reform of the Electricity Industry Law went into effect in Mexico. It is a material modification of the sector's rules that attracted domestic and foreign investment to the Mexican electricity generation market, clearly favoring plants owned by the state-owned Comisión Federal de Electricidad at the expense of private investment.

The Result: Mexico's Electricity Reform increases regulatory uncertainty, limits free competition and poses a major obstacle to private investment in the energy sector and in the use of renewable energy.

See? They want a free market, but Neoliberalism has already happened and Mexicans did not like the experience. They may find better winds in Argentina.

What Sheinbaum will do as already mentioned is a matter of wait and see.

But at the moment the markets are reacting very badly to the news that the 4T will have all the power in the Union Congress.​

The infrastructure to generate "green" energy exists, there is even an atomic power plant. All of them under government control and this is where the problem lies. Mexico has a territory that can generate energy by other means. The following image shows you the different types of electricity generation in Mexico
Greetings Puma,

First apologies, in re-reading my post I do see that I was making assumptions and that the wording I was using was not optimal in delineating between generation, transmission and distribution.

No doubt there are generation assets in place in MX, what I was referring to when I said "infrastructure" was specific to transmission and distribution (sometimes referred to as T&D).

In the "Green" view of applying control over who gets electrons and who doesn't, those "physical switches" I referred to earlier exist on the transmission & distribution infrastructure. This is the infrastructure that is missing in much of MX that I was alluding to. Wires and poles and vaults and meters is another way to look at it when using the word 'infrastructure'. This is also where the majority of the capital investment to companies incurs and requires constant Operation & Maintenance costs to be allocated.

There are lots of natural gas reserves in MX (especially in the north) that could be tapped to fuel Combined Cycle generation units and lots of movement/meetings currently happening in figuring out the best way of doing that, which is a tailwind. The headwind is what you are rightfully pointing out, that groups/consortiums that want to isolate the potential market to their advantage, (when you can't compete or win the contract, create a law instead!).

This is a shame but I predict not something that even the Church of Gore will be able to maintain as markets sometimes build up the potential/pressure to break the beavers dam holding it back.

And to add one tidbit to this conversation on energy and MX, what an amazing opportunity that currently exists to develop a decentralized grid that is composed of many microgrids. That would give the states autonomy and increase resiliency while also serving as a way for states with remote populations to achieve reliable power and ideally, affordably. The benefits for those communities is pretty obvious there.

Plus it eliminates the worry that everything can be disrupted with a couple of strategic airburst EMP's over regional substations/transfer sites. No bueno!

An old acquaintance of mine was always traveling to Mexico for vacation back in the 1980's. I often babysat his pet parrot while he was gone. He eventually moved to San Miguel and opened a restaurant. He was there for over 20 years, but I guess he has moved back to the states after he was ripped off for several thousand dollars by his local bank. He was quite well off, inherited a large sum from his parents, so I imagine it was 100's of thousands that he lost. Many longtime residents were in the same boat. So on this note, I guess you can't even trust the banks in Mexico!

This is something interesting to see, however:

She has even been criticized for ultra-feminist messages. Since there is no gender in English words it is difficult to grasp. But she is talking exclusively about women.​

I am not here, we are all here. It will be up to me to fight for the women of Mexico.

Why does she exclude men in political discourse? Because the discourse should stick to the script of gender equity, but the curious thing is that the voting results indicate that 62 percent of Sheinbaum's voters were men, while 56 percent of the votes corresponded to women, mainly people over 61 years of age, who receive the social program Pensión del Bienestar para Personas Adultas Mayores (Welfare Pension for the Elderly).

So far there has been no message thanking the men who voted for her specifically but only thanking the Mexicans in general or the women.

Although there is a perception abroad that Mexico is a sexist or macho country, deep down, and particularly among Mexicans, it is known that the society is mainly matriarcal.

The absence of the father is a generational problem that began with the Conquest. Thus, the education and emotional development of the child is often the responsibility of either the grandmother or the mother, mainly among the lower classes. A distinctive feature of the above is the devotion to the mother, to the Virgin of Guadalupe, whom they call "madrecita" (little mother), or the songs that mostly speak of the abandonment of the beloved woman and almost never of the absent father.

Now, although the government promotes the gender agenda a lot, it has as a counterweight mainly the Catholic Church, which makes most Mexicans adhere to the maxim I mentioned before "obey but do not comply". So there is a lot of tolerance towards the gay in urban centers where that is even seen as something friendly while in rural areas it is tolerated to a certain extent, there is a limit and that is not to mess with family and traditions.

The more I read about her, the less I trust her... She looks like a wolf in sheep's clothing. I hope I'm wrong for Mexico's sake.

Is she like a Manchurian candidate? We do not know for sure, whether she is for example a politician attached to the Zionist ideology or a nationalist. In the international media there is talk that she could be a kind of Mexican Angela Merkel or a puppet of the present president Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador who has always assured that he will retire from politics once his mandate is over.

What is certain is that Sheinbaum has always been in the public eye.

Claudia Sheinbaum, between fossil energy and green energy​

Now Sheinbaum, 61, is a leading contender to become the next President of Mexico, and the ideological successor to President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador. Some see her as the Latin American Angela Merkel: a politician with the rigorous mind of a scientist. Like Merkel, Sheinbaum has a PhD (Merkel's is in quantum chemistry; hers is in energy engineering) and began her career in academia. Not only has she published numerous scientific papers, but she has contributed to two landmark reports of the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), the world's leading climate science body.

She was followed by TPTB since her youth ?

When Mexican President Carlos Salinas de Gortari visited the Stanford University campus in 1991, Claudia Sheinbaum joined the protesters holding a banner that read: "Free trade and democracy now," a moment that was immortalized on the front page of the university's newspaper, the Stanford Daily.

descarga.jpeg

The photo in the newspaper was published on Tuesday, October 1, 1991 and Claudia will assume the office of President of the Republic on Tuesday, October 1, 2024. This means that 12,054 days, or 1722 weeks, or 396 months, or 33 years elapsed between the two dates.

Interesting how the Universe sends us messages. Salinas was one of the most corrupt presidents of Mexico, defender of Neoliberalism. What will Sheinbaum be like 33 years later? A defender of Agenda 2030?

For most Mexicans there is no doubt that the childish and mythomaniacal opposition candidate Xóchitl Galvez was chosen to lose, as if we Mexicans had fallen into a trap by electing the least worst of the options.​

Reading through this thread I have to admit I don't know enough about Mexican politics to make any kind of judgment about the new president. As Puma says, we will have to wait and see. This is something interesting to see, however:

View attachment 96910
It is kinda ironic and humorous but the picture resembles a hostage reading a prepared statement from her captors. Or maybe that is exactly what it is indeed showing. The captors however are maybe within her and are given the camouflage of "an ideal".

Back
Top Bottom