The Spinning Survey

Endymion said:
NORDIC HEALER said:
I have also heard that spinning to the Right will throw you more into a Left Brain type consciousness, and conversely spinning to the Left will then throw you more into a Right Brain type conciousness.
I found this intriguing so have started this survey to ascertain the accuracy of this information.

1. Do you spin to the right or left?

2. Do you identify as 'the artist' or 'the scientist'?

3. How often do you spin, and how many revolutions each time?

4. What effects have you noticed from spinning?

1. Right

2. Artist... with a scientific approach?

3. Oh my. Well. Everyday for sure. Morning. Afternoon. NIGHT. Whenever I get a chance.
How many? This completely puzzles me. I will explain below.

4. Decision-making. Creativity. Soothing. Sometimes exhaustion.

Ok. This is my introduction as a n00b. Five years ago after feeling the constant weirdo I searched the internet for stories of other people who liked to spin. I vividly remember only finding stories of moms who thought that what their kids were doing was hilarious, and of course the dervish. Remembering this I decided to give it another go and came upon this site.

I've been spinning since forever. I guess I was the kid who started it and didn't stop. My parents discouraged it around age 8 which led me to do it in private. (Prior to that I guess I just broke out in spin whenever I felt like it. Must of been nice.) I didn't really get above 1 hour till about age 12, but then my "endurance" for this completely exploded. Till this day I look forward to the weekends that I can set aside for complete 'me' time so that I can spin for hours upon hours. I feel kind of odd saying this but spinning for 10 hours sounds like fun. I don't get to do it terribly often. But, it's what I do. Literally always have. No idea why this isn't apart of everyone else's daily routine. (Ok, I have theories.) When I say I spin for hours I do take breaks. Eat something. The absolute best is spinning and interspersing it with a good book. Talk about creativity. This is why I find the "how many times" question odd. I can't imagine being concerned with that... I'm somewhere else...

WHY do I spin? For me spinning is a beautiful emotional stream of consciousness that manifests itself into stories. I often do it with music (like 95% of the time). When I was younger, I wasn't aware of the benefits of spinning, but I've since figured things out. The "stories" are often direct manifestations of 'issues' that I'm experiencing except issues gives a negative connotation which is not what I want. Hmph. The stories are like a map that's easily readable to me. I still have to provide the compass myself.

I apologize if this isn't using the lingo a lot of these posts seem to be using. I'm 23, and only recently have I considered that what I've been doing (for so long) is even meditation. It didn't really matter whether or not it was. One more thing: in the spirit of fairness there are two marked 'negative' side effects from my lifestyle. One is the exhaustion after a long spin (hours and hours). I can usually expect to clock well past 10 hours of sleep after an experience like that. Another is really getting to desire spinning above interaction with what is commonly referred to as reality. I have a rule where I'm not allowed to turn down a social-engagement purely for reasons of spinning. It works.

Hope that added something.

PS- People ask me what I do to workout all the time. This forum is where the truth lays. lolz.

Hi rabdargab, and welcome to the forum :)

We ask that all new members introduce themselves in the Newbies section. Take a look there if you need to to see how others have done it, and you can reproduce some of your intro from your above post if you would like.

I was thinking about this test posted on the forum

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=7321.0

and if it might be useful in determining which way to spin.
Maybe spinning in the direction you seen the dancer spinning?

Can't really say one way or the other without some data.

As for myself, I see the dancer spin clockwise (looking from above) and find I 'naturally' spin counterclock wise in
life.

I'll post something about changing directions if it does anything.

lamalamalamalama said:
I was thinking about this test posted on the forum

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=7321.0

and if it might be useful in determining which way to spin.
Maybe spinning in the direction you seen the dancer spinning?

Can't really say one way or the other without some data.

As for myself, I see the dancer spin clockwise (looking from above) and find I 'naturally' spin counterclock wise in
life.

I'll post something about changing directions if it does anything.
Hi lamalamalamalama, maybe this can help:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=20280.msg203409#msg203409

Q: (Andromeda) What about spinning?

A: Yes.

Q: (Perceval) Any particular place? I mean, should it be on the grass?

A: Back over the underground water.

Q: (Andromeda) Counter-clockwise or clockwise?

A: Different strokes… What feels right for each.

Spinning

I have started the practice of spinning based on the Bringers of the Dawn version. I know that the C's talk about it too and other sources. Has anyone had a unique experience doing it? I can do 33 times no problem and have done 66 and tomorrow I will do 99 times! I am wondering if I will truly leave the planet! ;) I guess I will find out. I noticed I get kinda giddy when I do it like a kid having fun. I spin with my little son sometimes for fun.

Maybe I'll spinning like a ufo out of the Earth's atmostphere!

Re: Spinning

Spinning is discussed in several places on the forum - use the search function and you'll find the threads. Here is a start - http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,5262.msg34922.html#msg34922

Well I've been spinning 99 times counter-clockwise for about a year and a half now and I haven't helicoptered away. :P

I enjoy my spinning and I've done a bit of experimentation...combining it with some elements of chi gong. Or nei gong. I spin (33 times) counterclockwise, left palm down and right up. Arms fully extended, shoulder level. Before spinning, I imagine a ball of energy extending out from each of my palms. In the beginning, to a distance of 100 yards. Over time, I've increased this distance by increments (one mile, then ten, then a hundred, then a thousand). Now it's up to 10 million miles out. Really! : )

So when I spin, these balls generate (in my mind) a rotating disk with a 10 million mile radius. Now that's a lot of mental angular momentum. : ) When done, I pull my palms in towards the navel area. It's a safer storage location than the chest level. I also think about the movement of the energy balls as they get pulled. From that far out...that's a rather high velocity of thought. Anyway I do feel a sense of energy and what I do next is pack it into the various bone structures of the body...the usual chi gong energy packing exercises. Primarily guiding it through intention.

Now this routine may seem a bit silly to some. And they could be right. The first question I had to answer for myself was is this dangerous. I know from experience that misguided energy exercises could be harmful. So far, my internal system feedback is telling me it's okay. It goes without saying I'm constantly on the lookout for signs of chakra rotation.

If I take a second to concentrate on my body I can feel a clockwise spinning sensation around and inside my body.
I'm not sure if I'm imagining it, but what I can say is that it usually have the same speed.
Since I read from the "Bridges of the dawn" that one is supposed to stand still after the physical exercise and follow the internal movements, what would you suggest?should I follow and meditate on this motion instead of doing the physical spinning?

After having read the article on "Whirling Devirshes? I haven't thought about doing it. I use to spin kids around for fun, as they enjoyed it too. Now that you mentioned it/ I am going to have to start thinking to spin on a regular basis.

Just reviewing this tread on spinning again and was reminded of a video that was saved some time ago. In the video there is a lovely graceful representation of Sufi spinning dance.

Love the peaceful dogs within, too. My dogs however don't quite trust me and generally get out of the way - left or right.

Note: depicted here was 40+ revolutions.

Sufi Dance is a great method know as Dervish Dancing. The axis is remains constantly in one position, centered, and the wheel moves on it. Sufi Dance bring us in a state of meditation and remember our center inside as a center.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEdCXRGJuM8&feature=related

lilies said:
Anyone noticed changes in electronic equipment after doing spinning 33x3 near them?

I might qualify as an appropriate experimental subject on this question. :)

I was frankly spurred on by the way the C's have spoken ("major yes"). And their repeated references to spinning. They generally avoid repetition. It got my attention.

I've been persistent. The days I miss are due to minor illness, or when the small bridge is covered with snow, or when it's pouring out. The location is a mile stroll from my house, in wooded area over a gentle stream. Close to nearby golf course (White Beeches).

And the result?

No super powers. And I'm still around. :)

The only electronic gadget I have on me is an iPod nano. It runs just fine. I wear an analogue wrist watch and I arrive home synchronous with the digital clocks at home.

But I have noticed something.

In summer time, you can imagine the number of mosquitoes lying in wait. For any idiot dumb enough to stay on that bridge for any length of time. (I do chigong exercises as well, after spinning). In earlier times, I would be bitten mercilessly. Like half a dozen bites. It was no fun. Knowing the evils of insect repellents, I simply tried swatting the bugs away.

But beginning last summer and this, I've been surprised by the lack of bites. The bugs are still there. They kind of dive at me, then leave! Almost like I'm not good food. I now receive maybe one or two bites per week!

Was it an EM effect? Can't tell. And I've been careful not to imagine things. I think counting mosquito bites however is good data.

And I have noticed something else as well. The wife is treating me better. A long simmering conflict stemming from my care taking of my dying parents led to serious marital problems. She felt I was over committed. And somehow ignored her. That was on top of an even greater sin. I had not shown the same care with her parents. Our relationship was on ice for a long time to put it mildly.

But things have improved. Most notably in the quality of my meals. This is a subtle but important sign...as she is one who really expresses her love through her food. Everyone around her knows this. I like to think that spinning, along with gaining knowledge, has given me hopefully a "lighter and more amendble" disposition. Hence the improvement in her attitude.

And this may or may not be electromagnetic in nature.

FWIW

sitting said:
lilies said:
Anyone noticed changes in electronic equipment after doing spinning 33x3 near them?

And I have noticed something else as well. The wife is treating me better. A long simmering conflict stemming from my care taking of my dying parents led to serious marital problems. She felt I was over committed. And somehow ignored her. That was on top of an even greater sin. I had not shown the same care with her parents. Our relationship was on ice for a long time to put it mildly.

But things have improved. Most notably in the quality of my meals. This is a subtle but important sign...as she is one who really expresses her love through her food. Everyone around her knows this. I like to think that spinning, along with gaining knowledge, has given me hopefully a "lighter and more amendble" disposition. Hence the improvement in her attitude.

FWIW

Sitting, Are you sure that you can't get another reason for your wife treating you better? something more earthly so to speak?

Galaxia2002 said:
sitting said:
lilies said:

FWIW

Sitting, Are you sure that you can't get another reason for your wife treating you better? something more earthly so to speak?

Excellent question! :)

Firstly, can people really change...and if so, how?

At the risk of sounding simplistic, this is what I discovered.

You get closer to the former by concentrating on the latter. Not the other way around. It's really in "all the little things you do". And having a "lighter and more amendable disposition" helps.

Back
Top Bottom