The Urantia Book

Urantia Book

Hi everyone! :D

I want to know if somebody have read the Urantia book?
For me this book was the kickstart for my spiritual quest!
But because I've read this book when i was 20 i didn't quite understand everything i was reading.
So this is why I am reading it all over again now.
But i was fascinating with the fact that the universe is really big...see no boundaries.
For me it was a tough that life did not end when we die...just like a lot of people here i presume, nobody want to consider
death as a end.

They have subject like ''the origin of Urantia'' which is a another name for ''the earth'' just like Gaïa.
They have a whole section section, which is first section of the book, talking about ''Central universe and superunivers''
second section is about our ''Local universe'' and so on...

It is a big book with more than 2000 pages, it takes a lot of time to read and more time to figure it out (i did not understand all yet)
So if somebody out here have read this book just let me know! I'd like to have your opinion on it, or maybe it would be a good question for the C's ...this book is it STO or STS, still can not have a good understanding of it!

But to me this book suggest and try to explain the way that universe is manage with the source...our divine god, and the progression of the soul vs is ultimate goal, it sound STS to me but however it is very interresting.

Just drop me a line please.

Ciao! Ciao!

Strangiato

Hi Strangiato,

please try to use the Search function to see if the subject you want to talk about has not been covered before. I merged your topic with the existing one on the Urantia Book.

Strangiato said:
Hi everyone! :D

I want to know if somebody have read the Urantia book?
For me this book was the kickstart for my spiritual quest!

Hi Strangiato - I read Urantia what seems like a hundred years ago and don't remember much about it. :)

Your initial post refers to you having read the forum, including the Wave series, for some time. Have you had a chance to read any of the books listed in the Recommended Books from the QFS?

Hello Strangiato
I didn't read this book (2000 pages I could not stand it in any case :D).
I didn't understand your question. Is a book STO or STS? If I suppose that you are asking about accuracy, it is in between accurate and inaccurate, with a certain percentage, for every lie needs some truth to be trustable, and every truth is more or less distorted in our world.
Maybe a quick look at the recommanded list of books (the link given by 1984) could interrest you. There's a very good list of readings!

hi mkrnhr !

Your right! every truth may have is part of lies and vice versa!
And 2000 pages can't be read in a week, but my question was in first place if somebody have any opinion about the structure of the universe write in this book.

Because to me this book is very hierarchic like our present society!...wich is not good ...i think
But i can not figure out the universe without a certain order...

Hi Strangiato,

Here is a thread that discusses the book. Hope you will get some answers. If not use the Search function at the top of every page to find more on said book. :)

I am in awe of those of you who were able to get through that book. Just scanning through it gave me a headache.

Bluenorther, I merged your post to the existing thread on Urantia. Did you try searching first before posting?

The 'Urantia' material

Out of curiosity, I've been wading through some of the Urantia material. I've read about a dozen consecutive papers so far, from the human origins (3rd) section. I can't say I'm overly impressed.

While the writing does seem to have a high degree of internal consistency in terms of its cosmology and interfaces in some ways with the C's material I find I have a constant niggling in the back of my mind. It essentially puts forward a Darwinian view of human evolution, albeit without the 'wishful thinking' of blind chance, framing the development of human life instead as a form of purposeful, divine experiment.

Its subsequent portrayal of this experiment going off the rails as a result of madness among Earth's guardians has parallels with A Course in Miracles as well as Conversations With God.

Has anyone else read much of this material? As there's over 2000 pages of it I've no wish to spend several days slogging through something which may prove to be on the whole of little use! I'm aware that Laura has seen at least some of this work at a MUFON conference some years ago, although she doesn't comment further on it as far as I know.

Any views on this very welcome!

I've merged your post with the already existing topic on Urantia eeiiei. It's always good to do a search on a subject before creating a new topic since having multiple threads on the same topic can make for a disorganized forum.

Ah. Thanks, Heimdall.

I searched, but within the Cass site rather than the forum. Your re-direction has effectively answered my questions.

The Urantia stuff seems like a semi-interesting waste of time. It was failing in the 'resonance' stakes with this reader so happy to spend no more time on it.

Like I said, I read it a long time ago, cover to cover. It gave me a very negative feeling. Maybe I'll go back and re-read it and see if I can be more specific. When I get time.

Laura said:
Like I said, I read it a long time ago, cover to cover. It gave me a very negative feeling. Maybe I'll go back and re-read it and see if I can be more specific. When I get time.
:D You deserve an award for making it through once, Laura.

It does come across as a bit of a dry run for ACIM: the latter actually formulating many of the ideas into a self-administered program, all the better to 'work its magic'!

The re-affirmation of an essentially Darwinistic world-view in combination with religions' traditional cast of characters is a cover-all-bases masterstroke, really. And I doubt the racist undertones were lost on you, either. I understand William S. Sadler had something of an interest in eugenics. . . . .

Back
Top Bottom