The Vegetarian Myth

Nutrition and diet discussion at large has been muddied alot by confusing deficiencies from incorrect food choices with systemic inflammation, toxicity problems, microbiome issues, infections/ mould, and just generally shitty digestion, pun intended i guess. Nutritional values have plummeted in the last 100 years as well, to no one's surprise here, both from soil depletion and growing strategies focused on volume (water retention in crops and such) above anything else. Humans were not supposed to live like this and the ugly consequences are showing.

And of course loads of soy and crickets will only make things worse.

These are not teenagers and I'm not sure they are vegan, but I found it funny!

321094414_881628922974324_7288535816410852669_n.jpg

This is a really interesting thread. I’m 36 and a vegetarian of 25 years. My ‘reason’ has always been that I have found meat (animal flesh) repulsive. The idea of putting it in my mouth has seemed disgusting. Disgust is a powerful emotion ‘ey!

I’ve never entertained the idea it is more ethical or healthy to be a vegetarian. I know meat is good for us. I’ve only just learnt, however, how critical it is. The pressure is on! :)

I’m at the point - finally - where I am willing to introduce meat product subtly. I have just started taking grass-fed beef liver, spleen and kidney capsules, and I take wild fish oil capsules, having just increased the dose significantly.

An idea suggested to me in a different thread was to put meat to my mouth (without eating it) and take note of my thoughts, emotions and reactions to explore what might be going on. Past life stuff? Attachments? My own personal, irrational stubbornness? We shall see :)

It’s also been suggested to introduce bone broth somehow. I’m open to this. Shall explore!

I’m not quite ready to introduce big chunks of meat into my meals as yet. Meat juice and powders seem to be a good starting point following 25 years of meatlessness!

Does anyone have any other feedback or creative advice that might help me? Ideas? Advice on supplementation I might consider? Some clever ways to get quality animal protein in my system?

Side note, I do eat lots of eggs! How many is too many?

I’m not quite ready to introduce big chunks of meat into my meals as yet. Meat juice and powders seem to be a good starting point following 25 years of meatlessness!

I think as long as you keep pushing your aversion in small ways eventually you'll be able to work up to having a chicken breast or hamburger in no time. Gurdjieff once said "he who goes slow goes far."

My ‘reason’ has always been that I have found meat (animal flesh) repulsive. The idea of putting it in my mouth has seemed disgusting.
I had a similar issue with the “disgust” of consuming flesh.

I started first with introducing fish, then chicken and chicken soup, then pork/beef bone broth. I realized it was all a mental issue and basically the predators mind inserting illogical thought loops revolving around flesh being disgusting.

My physical health, mental landscape and emotional/anxiety issues resolving after introducing animal products was more than enough to break the cycle.

I unfortunately don’t have any “tricks” to help you overcome this point on your path just moral support, best of luck! :flowers:

I had a similar issue with the “disgust” of consuming flesh.

I started first with introducing fish, then chicken and chicken soup, then pork/beef bone broth. I realized it was all a mental issue and basically the predators mind inserting illogical thought loops revolving around flesh being disgusting.

My physical health, mental landscape and emotional/anxiety issues resolving after introducing animal products was more than enough to break the cycle.

I unfortunately don’t have any “tricks” to help you overcome this point on your path just moral support, best of luck! :flowers:
What's the difference between eggs and meat? You ate eggs as a vegetarian?
What's the difference between eggs and meat? You ate eggs as a vegetarian?
Hey :) Vegans don’t egg but I’m not vegan. I’m vegetarian. Most vegetarians eat eggs and dairy. It’s flesh I take issue with.

@hlat Having trouble replying - sorry if this pops up twice. Most vegetarians eat eggs and dairy. It’s vegans who go the extra mile and don’t eat any animal products at all.
My interpretation of that question was what is the difference in the “disgusting” factor between eggs and flesh? One is the embryo of a chicken, one is the muscle of the chicken, still eating chicken.

Vegetarians also eat dairy made from the bodily fluids of animals, pretty gross if you think about it.

When I was in vegan/veggie groups this “disgusting” factor of so called chicken periods (eggs), bodily fluids (dairy), flesh etc. was used by the group to enforce their decisions and beliefs until it becomes almost an identity of virtue based on part “oh that’s gross” and part animal rights. Eventually there enters a total disconnect from reality, objectively speaking living as a human in this STS 3D reality is pretty gross, nature is gross or is it that nature seen objectively is beautiful in all it’s facets? Humans try to compartmentalize through cognitive dissonance that which is beautiful about 3D existence from that which is disgusting, causes suffering etc. instead of embracing the totality or objective truth of the entire experience, the good, the bad and the ugly.

For example from one perspective the human birthing process appears terrifying and disgusting with the screaming, blood and a body emerging from a body but for most people they don’t view it as such, they view it as one of the most beautiful experiences a human can view, life being born, unconditional love being manifested.

This is why the ying yang symbol is so important to meditate on.

Yes, eating the flesh of animals is something I wish I didn’t have to do. But at the same time I can view the totality of the situation, how it’s part of the natural life cycle, the life of the animal, my life, it’s death to sustain my life, just like the death of the plants to sustain its life, all one. I give thanks to those beings who sustain me and at the same time I gain better insight and acceptance that I too provide “food” for those that prey upon humanity. Whom by the way prefer vegetarians.

So the question of why is the eating of eggs not disgusting versus flesh should be investigated. Is this not a form of compartmentalizing reality? Surely they’re either both disgusting or neither are? It’s a question for you to ponder, you might even see how the predators mind plays it’s tricks through contradictions.

Edit: spelling

Does anyone have any other feedback or creative advice that might help me? Ideas? Advice on supplementation I might consider? Some clever ways to get quality animal protein in my system?

Hi, ex vegan here :-), as to overcome the meat's disgust, be creative, plenty of recipes with minced meat could help you to hide it ... in some extent. Cheers !

For the question about eggs: no limit, you can eat as much as your body wants to.

I dont' recommend supplementations because:
1. it is still a way to escape our responsability of 3D beings to eat 2D beings, both animals and plants, and to be grateful to both of them.
2. it's the easy way
3. they are not as good as real nutrients, real proteins and real vitamines you can find in meat
4. they are plenty of bad stuff, titane oxyde (gives cancer) and other artificial chemicals

You want to get protein animals but don't want to help local ethical farmers to maintain their job? I don(t understand this position.
Animals know, deep in them (soul group), that they will end being eaten (like plants ends being eaten by them, and by us). They (animals) will be relieved if we do it with respect, and with gratitude, if we recognize that thanks to their sacrifice we are healthy and joyful to share our barbecue with family and friends on a sunday. And that -very important- in return we give them a happy life (freedom, well nourished i.e. natural grass without pesticides, farmer visiting and talking to them every day, etc...)
I'll love to get a farm and deal with animals that way, but nobody around me is interested. Most people love the "comfort" of their life, love their "clean" job in offices, love the comfort to go and easily buy meats that are already cut and packed, ready to cook.

And if you still want to get animal proteins in your body without having the courage to fullfil your responsability, there are lab grown meat for vegetarians. If you're interested in artificial meat, here is an article on Sally Norton's blog:

This is a really interesting thread. I’m 36 and a vegetarian of 25 years. My ‘reason’ has always been that I have found meat (animal flesh) repulsive. The idea of putting it in my mouth has seemed disgusting. Disgust is a powerful emotion ‘ey!

I’ve never entertained the idea it is more ethical or healthy to be a vegetarian. I know meat is good for us. I’ve only just learnt, however, how critical it is. The pressure is on! :)

I’m at the point - finally - where I am willing to introduce meat product subtly. I have just started taking grass-fed beef liver, spleen and kidney capsules, and I take wild fish oil capsules, having just increased the dose significantly.

An idea suggested to me in a different thread was to put meat to my mouth (without eating it) and take note of my thoughts, emotions and reactions to explore what might be going on. Past life stuff? Attachments? My own personal, irrational stubbornness? We shall see :)

It’s also been suggested to introduce bone broth somehow. I’m open to this. Shall explore!

Maybe ( for sure) I am retarded. You have been vegetarian for 25 years. How old are you? And also. Why do you want to eat meat now?

Back
Top Bottom