Tobacco project/research/video

How bout just leaving my god**** body ALONE??!!!! YEESH!!

The mistake that the ptb is making here, however, is that when people die from things, it's not like nobody notices!

Let's say you (without knowing the dangers) get this chantix for your spouse or your grandma or whoever, and they take it. Let's say about a week later you find them

in a pool of blood on the floor and the only difference between now and a week ago is the chantix drug. SOMEONE is going to figure that out and raise hell about it.

and ya know what? I'm doing this project because I found out about something, AND I WANNA RAISE HELL ABOUT IT! :lol:

'Cause this isn't a game, it's a war, and i'm gonna load up my truth-cannon and put a big fat hole in the anti-smoking argument!

(well, me and my two collaborators ;D, a cannon takes at least 2 people to operate. :lol:)

Hi abstract,

very interesting project.

I found recently a statistic (from the year 2000, unfortunately only in German) that nutrition can be blamed with 35% of creating cancer and smoking is responsible for 30% (these two have the highest rates). Maybe there are more actual statistics available, but as I found it, I have been really surprised, beside all that propaganda of anti-smoking.

Maybe worth for mentioning.

found recently a statistic (from the year 2000, unfortunately only in German) that nutrition can be blamed with 35% of creating cancer and smoking is responsible for 30% (these two have the highest rates). Maybe there are more actual statistics available, but as I found it, I have been really surprised, beside all that propaganda of anti-smoking.

Interesting. However, i can not be everywhere at once, hence, i have no way to verify statistics of any kind.

Mark twain once said "There are lies, damn lies, and then statistics!" He was right on. No, really, i think he's absolutely right.

See, (not that i am insulting your intelligence, gawan) it's just a matter of fact that a statistic cannot provide conclusive data whatsoever, although they'd love for you to think so.

Think about how many different ways there are to obtain a statistic! If you obtain a statistic from the US about anything, it's going to be significantly different in another country, say france.

If i take a poll in my part of town does it represent the whole town? NOT ONE LITTLE BIT!

and what if i missed some people in my part of town, then it gets even more construed.

Now, the 30% of cancer caused by nutrition...I think it's much higher than that. There's an epidemic of candida and there's no reason candida couldn't turn into cancer given the right

conditions, which are unfortunately fostered in most americans. plus there's factors like stress that can really complicate the overall "health picture".

abstract said:
Interesting. However, i can not be everywhere at once, hence, i have no way to verify statistics of any kind.

Mark twain once said "There are lies, damn lies, and then statistics!" He was right on. No, really, i think he's absolutely right.

See, (not that i am insulting your intelligence, gawan) it's just a matter of fact that a statistic cannot provide conclusive data whatsoever, although they'd love for you to think so.

Think about how many different ways there are to obtain a statistic! If you obtain a statistic from the US about anything, it's going to be significantly different in another country, say france.

If i take a poll in my part of town does it represent the whole town? NOT ONE LITTLE BIT!

and what if i missed some people in my part of town, then it gets even more construed.

Now, the 30% of cancer caused by nutrition...I think it's much higher than that. There's an epidemic of candida and there's no reason candida couldn't turn into cancer given the right

conditions, which are unfortunately fostered in most americans. plus there's factors like stress that can really complicate the overall "health picture".

You are right, I have only slightly considered that possibility and your points gave me some food for thought.
A friend said something similar, not to me, but he stated it anyway, that it is easy to falsify statistics and you can just use it for your point of view, where you like/wish to stand.

I discovered something similar in my own homework for University recently, that it is pretty easy to get narrowminded and just pick data that confirms my own working-hypothesis (be it statistics whatever). Unfortunately I hadn't had the time to dig much deeper into the material (cause of lacking time and that this work doesn't get too big), but it bothered me as I have been writing the homework.

Well, good research needs a lot of time, to consider many possibilities.

Nice idea. Don't forget to include filters as a factor, they are made from synthetic cellulose acetate and some info can be found in this post: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=3404.msg21866#msg21866

Thank you Ask_a_debtor for the link and info to the vaporizers. I'm quite interested in them and had thought they were more reserved for the illegal substance culture. But it seems you can get almost pure nicotine from this method, there would just be some tobacco, oxygen, and co2 I think. I wonder if there is any benefit from smoking therapeutic herbs like lavender and others. I think I might consider getting one of the cheaper portable ones, the others are expensive boxes that you can't lug around with you. The only disadvantage I see is that you need two hands to operate them, one to hold the device and another to light it. This would rule out smoking in the car. It seems there are portables though that heat themselves and around the $100 range.

It's really messed up that they are trying to make a vaccine that would make your body destroy nicotine that enters it. Not that we would want to take any vaccine though. But what's next, something that makes your body fight off other substances, maybe food that we actually need to function? Seems with obesity they would make something to kill off fat if that hasn't already been done.

http://www.vapolution.com/

I have had this vaporizer for a bit over a year. Mint and sage are very nice additions to the tobacco. They also carry accessories/options such as the glass on glass mouthpiece (eliminates plastic tubing) and a portable battery & car adapter. Depends on how much you want to spent. Vaporizing is a totally different experience to smoking. The effects in my opinion last longer.

I think I would want to try one of the cheap portable glass or pipe type vaporizers before I get an expensive one. The portability factor is also a plus.

I know it's not very comfortable to read books online but Lauren A. Colby's "In Defense of Smokers" is available at www.lcolby.com I read it a while back and remember it being very stimulating, and I plan on reading it again with a sharper eye for helping you with your video. But here's a bit from the intro, another bit of the puzzle :cool2:

In Defense of Smoking said:
...Up to that time, I'd pretty much accepted the establishment view of smoking, i.e., that it's bad for you and may lead to lung cancer. But when I saw what the health establishment was doing in the field of AIDS, I began ask myself some questions. Could it be that the government figures on smoking, like those on AIDS, were cooked to produce a desired result? I began a two year research project, which resulted in this book.

As a result of that project, I learned many things. Most important, I'm afraid, I learned that government statistics on smoking, like those on AIDS, cannot be trusted. Important figures, like the 400,000 "smoking related deaths every year", are made up out of whole cloth. Studies which appear to refute the "dangers" of smoking, e.g., animal studies or some of the second hand smoke studies, are either ignored or subjected to manipulation and distortion to make them fit the official line.

I wrote this book to refute the wild, irresponsible and untruthful anti-smoking propaganda which obscures the truth. I do not expect it will ever make any money, nor do I want it to make any money. Copies of the book were sent to numerous publishers, but even the subsidy publishers, who print and promote books for money, were unwilling to take it. All of which proves that in this country, "If you want a free press, you'd better own a press".

I've actually had a vapir one for a while. It's a little hand held thing, and while it works like it should i wouldn't reccomend it.

It kinda leaks and the heating element wears out fast. I've heard of a pipe called the vapor genie that seems pretty innovative.

The market for vaporizers is growing, mainly because, imo, people are concerned with "health risks".

It's been shown that certain metabolites are released during smoking, and not vaporizing, that create more effective absorbtion of nicotine.

I'd rather just smoke. :) :cool2:

Colby's book is good. Another good one is "Slow Burn" by Don Oakley. Michael McFadden's "Dissecting Anti-Smoker's Brains" is fun. He analyzes the psychological types of the hard-core anti-smokers and gives a lot of good data about the bogus second-hand smoke scare.

I have some other stuff at home. I'll see what other titles might be useful when I get a moment.

Galahad said:
Colby's book is good. Another good one is "Slow Burn" by Don Oakley. Michael McFadden's "Dissecting Anti-Smoker's Brains" is fun. He analyzes the psychological types of the hard-core anti-smokers and gives a lot of good data about the bogus second-hand smoke scare.

"Dissecting" is available from Red Pill Press (support the cause!)

http://redpillpress.com/retail/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=57

The other side of the smoking equation is the fact that a lot of the big companies are positioning themselves to profit from the campaign to force smokers to quit:

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/cigarette-maker-buys-quit-smoking-company/story?id=9229806

Reynolds American today confirmed news that will leave many scratching their heads: The country's no. 2 tobacco company and the maker of Camel cigarettes will buy a Swedish maker of products designed to help smokers quit.
Dr. Rosen answers the question: 'How Does Smoking Affect Eye Risk?'

Reynolds American said it will pay $44 million for Niconovum, which makes nicotine gum and other nicotine replacement products designed to wean smokers off cigarettes. The firm was founded by Karl Olov Fagerström, who the company's Web site trumpets as "one of the world's leading experts on smoking cessation and nicotine dependence."

Purchasing the company "runs totally counter to the mission statement of (Reynolds American subsidiary) R.J. Reynolds," Gregory Connolly, a Harvard School of Public Health professor who researches tobacco products, recently told ABCNews.com. "I'm astounded."

In a statement, Reynolds American president and CEO Susan M. Ivey said the acquisition "extends the harm-reduction strategies RAI and its operating companies have been developing over the past several years."

In the long term, she said, buying Niconovum will allow Reynolds "to provide adult tobacco consumers with innovative cessation products that have the potential to reduce the risks of diseases and death caused by tobacco use."

The deal is expected to close by the end of the year.

There's more to the article on the site. Also this (it's a cached view)

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:bra7MQCAv-kJ:www.longislandpress.com/2009/12/02/maker-of-camels-to-buy-cigarette-replacement-co/+%22Maker+of+Camels+to+buy+cigarette+replacement+co%22&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a

Maker of Camels to buy cigarette replacement co

By Associated Press on Dec 2nd, 2009

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Cigarette maker Reynolds American says it is buying a Swedish company whose nicotine gum, pouches and spray help people stop smoking.

The maker of Camel cigarettes and Grizzly smokeless tobacco says Niconovum AB’s products could meet consumer demand and public health objectives for reducing the harm caused by tobacco use.

Niconovum products are sold outside the U.S. The deal, which is not final, would be worth about $44 million.

Reynolds, which is the second-largest U.S. tobacco company and based in Winston-Salem, N.C., is, like its competitors, looking to cigarette alternatives for growth as tax increases, health concerns, smoking bans and social stigma cut into demand for cigarettes.

Can't wait to see the final vid!

Herondancer

Thanks for running with this abstract. :)

Industry vs. Government, who wins, it was asked?

I dunno; Gov saves on all those pensions it does not payout (must be in those dreaded statistics somewhere). Chemical companies have a steady output to the cig manufacturers. FDA has no power to govern the chemicals as one of the presentations listed below discuses – perhaps to the benefit of other agencies. Heathcare has a steady client base, even though as the C’s said, it might just be psychosomatic programming.

C’s & Laura said:
Q: (L) What is causing the lung cancer they are attributing to
smoking?
A: Mental conditioning and subliminal programming to
expect it.
Q: (L) So, it only happens if you are convinced that it can
and must happen?
A: Correct.

Other drug companies inventing new products to stop smoking have the inside track, new product line. AFT agents or specifically those covering the T of this acronym keep well employed, as do the legislators and cancer groups and ad men – sound like a good industry.

The C’s also discuss the suppression of psychic abilities which seems like it could be at the front of the line for all parties to want to shun.

Couple of things found on the FSC issue starts with this;

_http://www.chacha.com/question/what-cigarettes-do-not-have-the-fire-safety-cigarette-also-called-fsc-in-it

Q: What cigarettes do not have the fire safety cigarette also called FSC in it
A: There is only 1 brand still available without "FSC" paper. The only non-fsc cigarette brand still available is Native brand.
Categorized: Recreation
Source: Buy NON FSC Cigarettes: NON-FSC Cigarettes!, We Have NON FSC Cigs - Carolina Cartons | www.carolinacartons.com
Description: There is only 1 brand still available without "Fire Standard Compliant" paper. The ONLY NON-FSC cigarette brand still available is NATIVE brand cigarettes
Answered: Feb 09 2010, 06:09am
[are these American Spirits?]

Then this was an interesting PowerPoint presentation on the history of regulations of the FDA on drugs - From slide 23 – 33 is on Tobacco regulations;
_www.msu.edu/course/fsc/421/Powerpoints/Regulation%2520of%2520Human%2520Drugs.ppt

Finally for tonight here is a Harvard study that discuses FSC or FSSC originaly called Reduced Ignition Propensity (RIP) it seems.
See here – _http://www.firesafecigarettes.org/assets/files/harvardstudy.pdf

Cigarette Banding said:
Cigarette paper analyses found “banded paper” utilized for each of the brands tested,
suggesting that these cigarette manufacturers are using banding as a primary method to achieve RIP
for these tested brands. Mean band widths ranged from 4.7 - 5.3 mm and mean distance between
bands ranged from 18.0 - 22.0 mm per New York brand. Band width and inter-band distances
differed between the five brand types (p < 0.05), which indicates that manufacturers are using
different banding techniques. Other techniques to achieve RIP may be in use with the banding
method but it is beyond the scope of this report to determine whether or not this is the case.

You are right abstract - "opening Pandora's box" :cry:

Parallax said:
[are these [Native Brand Cigarettes] American Spirits?]

According to threefatherstobacco.com American Spirits are not a Native Brand tobacco. However, at EthicalShopping.com/food/packaged-products/american-spirit-cigarettes.html in between all the "smoking is evil" talk it states that American Spirits are also organic cigarettes. A friend of mine bought me a pack once and, although they are a bit more expensive than my reds and require a bit more "pull", they're pretty good.

Heathcare has a steady client base, even though as the C’s said, it might just be psychosomatic programming.
Well, they get brainwashed on a daily basis, so go figure. :P

The C’s also discuss the suppression of psychic abilities which seems like it could be at the front of the line for all parties to want to shun.

This is going to sound funny, because i'm not so sure, but...at work, ever since i started smoking the organic tobacco...I swear i can predict what people are going to do sometimes.

Not exactly predict but I often finish someone's sentence in my head before they say and a lot of times they say what i thought they'd say.

Maybe the memory boost is just helping me remember people's patterns better, i dunno. :huh: Just speculatin', folks.

"You are right abstract - "opening Pandora's box""

Quite.

abstract said:
This is going to sound funny, because i'm not so sure, but...at work, ever since i started smoking the organic tobacco...I swear i can predict what people are going to do sometimes.

Not exactly predict but I often finish someone's sentence in my head before they say and a lot of times they say what i thought they'd say.

Maybe the memory boost is just helping me remember people's patterns better, i dunno. :huh: Just speculatin', folks.

could be the acetylcholine boost, without the other chemicals, is giving the old brain some extra neural connections and boosting your latent 'superpowers'.
I have to say, btw, it's really great to see how you've been pursuing this subject, abstract.

Back
Top Bottom