Train derailments and explosions and chemical spills

Well his name is Stephen E. Petty, a true warrior fighting for the Truth to be known.
It is not surprising to me that this man would be willing to go up against the "official" testers such as EPA. Listen to this

This man is a true hero and a righteous warrior for truth! As he said at the end, he has spent almost a half a million of his own time and money to disburse this factual information about masks and engineering controls. What really stands out, though, despite fourteen minutes of testimony regarding the complete uselessness of masks, is the female committee member on the back right that's sits there resolutely wearing her mask! 🤣 Damn is she's going to let facts disabuse her of ingrained, virus stopping mask belief!!!

1677784081353.png

Gotta love the Clorox wipes on the table - you can't build up an immune system defense against germs if you're never exposed to them. Sadly, Mr. Petty and like-minded people are in the minority whereas Ms. Mask Face represents the rest. And until that ratio majorly shifts, the deep doo doo for all of us - the Great Reset agenda - will continue unabated.

Sorry if this was already on some page in this thread. Listening to Dr. Lee Merritt in an interview 3 days ago, it seems to me there is a bit of a problem with "They burned vinyl chloride". That's not the whole story WHICH IS REPEATED nearly everywhere. This then leads to statements "Oh, it's not as bad as it seems.". I beg to differ.

Here are sections of the manifest found on EPA website.

Vinyl Chloride

1677856461251.png

1677856506992.png

Combustion of Vinyl Chloride is given as,

Abstract
By means of a variety of analytical techniques, the combustion profile of vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) has been determined. This profile includes flame temperatures, soot content, and a combustion gas analysis. Depending on the amount of VCM-air premixing prior to combustion, the temperature of a VCM flame ranges from 950° to 1466°C. Similarly, the soot or unburned carbon content of a VCM flame varies from 3 to 6 weight percent. An analysis of the combustion gases from VCM reveal the following composition: HCl 27,000 ppm; CO2 58,100 ppm; CO 9500 ppm; phosgene 40 ppm; and VCM trace. From a hazard standpoint, the gross quantity of hydrogen chloride is the main source of danger in a VCM fire.

But in the manifest there is also "Polyvinyl". For some strange reason they did not use the scientific name but the colloquial one.

1677856646970.png

Polyvinyl Chloride

1677856724712.png

1677856761101.png

Notice the information on the far right.

Here's a research paper that looked at a fire in UK involving Polyvinyl Chloride products.

DIOXIN AND FURAN RESIDUES IN WOOD MICE (APODEMUS SYLVATICUS) FOLLOWING A LARGE SCALE POLYVINYL CHLORIDE (PVC) FIRE

Abstract
A forest ecosystem was contaminated as a result of a fire involving 600t of PVC. A wide range of 2,3,7,8-substituted dioxin and furan congeners were elevated (by up to 4-fold) on soil adjacent to the factory compared to a site 200 m from the factory perimeter. Livers of wood mice (Apodemus sylvaticus) caught on these areas were also analysed for dioxins and furans. Toxic equivalents (TEQs) were 9-fold higher in wood mice caught on the site 10 m from the factory perimeter compared with the site 200m from the perimeter, with individual 2,3,7,8- substituted congeners being elevated by up to 30-fold. Wood mouse liver TEQs were found to be highly correlated with cadmium kidney concentrations, cadmium also being found at elevated concentrations at the accident site. There was also a significant positive correlation between wood mouse liver TEQs and relative liver weights (wet weights expressed as a percentage of total body weight). The results of this study are discussed in the wider context of dioxin contamination in the environment.
© 1997 Elsevier Science Ltd

CONCLUSIONS
The fire at the plastics recycling plant caused pollution with dioxins and furans, which were taken into the wood mouse food-chain, resulting in high liver residues. These residues appeared to cause increased relative liver weight compared with animals caught on a relatively uncontaminated site, indicating that the dioxin and furan levels in the livers may have resulted in physiological damage.

This is the Devil they don't want to talk about !!!!!

Update:

Portion of toxic waste already delivered to Indiana landfill
Officials with Heritage Environmental confirmed Wednesday night that a portion of toxic waste from a train crash in Ohio has already been delivered to the Indiana landfill, prior to an informational meeting for concerned Hoosiers.

Employees with the landfill held an information session at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Russellville Community Building to address concerns from Putnam County citizens.

Hundreds of people from the community attended the meeting to voice their thoughts on toxic waste potentially being transported to their backyard.

However, during the meeting Heritage Environmental confirmed that three trucks filled with waste from an East Palestine, Ohio train derailment already arrived Wednesday in Putnam County and have since been dumped.

Gov. Holcomb orders third-party testing of Ohio train wreck waste coming to Indiana landfill
Gov. Eric Holcomb announced Thursday that he wants the toxic waste coming to an Indiana landfill from the train derailment in Ohio to be tested by a third party.

He said that he is directing his administration to "immediately" conduct testing of the hazardous materials being shipped from East Palestine, Ohio, to a hazardous waste landfill near Roachdale — a small town about 40 miles west of Indianapolis.

The administration will be working with third-party provider Pace Labs, according to Holcomb's announcement. The main focus is a toxic chemical called dioxins.

"Effective immediately, I have directed our administration to contract with a nationally recognized laboratory to begin rigorous third-party testing for dangerous levels of dioxins on the material being transported to the Roachdale facility from the East Palestine train spill," Holcomb said in his statement.

The Roachdale landfill, operated by Heritage Environmental Services, cannot accept waste with dioxins, the company said Wednesday at a community meeting in the nearby town of Russellville.

Sorry if this was already on some page in this thread. Listening to Dr. Lee Merritt in an interview 3 days ago, it seems to me there is a bit of a problem with "They burned vinyl chloride". That's not the whole story WHICH IS REPEATED nearly everywhere. This then leads to statements "Oh, it's not as bad as it seems.". I beg to differ.

Here are sections of the manifest found on EPA website.

Vinyl Chloride

View attachment 71924

View attachment 71925

Combustion of Vinyl Chloride is given as,

But in the manifest there is also "Polyvinyl". For some strange reason they did not use the scientific name but the colloquial one.

View attachment 71926

Polyvinyl Chloride

View attachment 71927

View attachment 71928

Notice the information on the far right.

Here's a research paper that looked at a fire in UK involving Polyvinyl Chloride products.

This is the Devil they don't want to talk about !!!!!
benkostka, what do you think about this manifest, PVC and dioxin?

benkostka, what do you think about this manifest, PVC and dioxin?
I don’t know if it’s PVC, as that’s the end polymer typically and there’s lots of different types. Burning PVC will definitely produce dioxins but I don’t know if that actually happened here. My instinct is that there wasn’t much dioxin produced, but that’s based on the C’s saying that things would get better with time. Typically with dioxins that doesn’t happen, take a look at the Love Canal site in New York if you’re curious.

I stopped looking at it because all the stuff getting posted is Mike Adams or a bunch of supposed “experts”. I can’t stand the environmental destruction, it’s insane and ridiculous. Why transport vinyl chloride and take the risk? Why produce any sort of toxic chemicals? The broader issues don’t really get discussed and maybe this isn’t the place for it.

As far as the manifest, I mentioned it in my post above. The car that the wheel bearing blew up on was a hopper car full of plastic pellets, there were 3 more of those hopper cars and then 4 tanker cars full of vinyl chloride. It could have been much worse if those plastic pellet cars caught on fire and then caused the vinyl chloride tanks to explode, thankfully that didn’t happen.

I don’t know exactly how they test for dioxins or dioxin like chemicals and what that test does, as there’s multiple types of dioxins, so I’d need to research that before commenting. But broadly, if the contamination is just in the soil like in East Palestine, regenerative agriculture is probably your best bet at long term rehabilitation. There lots of fungi and bacteria that will break down persist chemicals over time if given the proper environment. I’ve read a decent amount about that, and the C’s have said our environmental problems are easily solved so that’s my working hypothesis now, subject to change as I gather more information.

Massive blackout: the government estimates that almost 20 million users were affected and service has been normalized in several provinces.

Most of the AMBA, Córdoba, Santa Fe, La Rioja, Tucumán, La Pampa, Río Negro, Neuquén, Mendoza and San Juan were without power for more than two hours.

This afternoon, in the midst of a new heat wave, there was a massive power outage that affected AMBA and several provinces of the country. "The center of the country is off", acknowledged the Government.

"There was a serious electrical contingency, as reported by Transener, due to a fire a 500 kV Campana-Rodriguez line went out. Simultaneously, Atucha I (causes are being investigated) and other power generation plants, such as Central Puerto, were disconnected", official sources pointed out, explaining that these plants are working, but were disconnected from the system as part of a control mechanism.

To understand the magnitude of the blackout, one figure is worthwhile: of the 26,000 MW of demand at the time of the incident, a high level due to the high temperatures, more than 9,000 MW went out of service, as explained by the Undersecretary of Electric Energy, Santiago Yanotti. This drop of more than a third of the demand meant that almost 20 million users were without electricity.

After 6:30 p.m. the service began to be restored in different areas of the country. According to CAMMESA, the wholesale electricity company, "it is working quickly" to normalize the situation. Thus, partial outages were solved in Chubut in the north of Santa Cruz. Service was also resumed in the 500 kV Río Santa Cruz - Esperanza line, which allowed reducing outages in the south of the Patagonian province.

In Mendoza, a province that was without electric service in a large part of its territory, service outages at the Río Diamante station, linked to the national interconnection system, were solved.

At the same time, messages from users commenting on the resumption of the electric service gradually began to appear on social networks, especially in different neighborhoods of the Buenos Aires suburbs.

On the other hand, after 7:30 p.m. it was reported that all 500 kV lines that are part of the Argentine Interconnection System (SADI), the network of high voltage lines that connects all the regions of Argentina, were back in service.

Why it happened

The reasons for the fire, which originated in fields and affected high voltage pylons, are not known for the moment. "The center of the country is off: Córdoba, Santa Fe, La Rioja, Tucumán", they explained. The causes of the original failures in the national interconnected system will be investigated by the Energy Secretariat, in charge of Flavia Royón. "They are working quickly to solve this issue", said the agency.

Regarding the fire, Santiago Yanotti, Undersecretary of Electric Energy, said: "it could be intentional or not, I don't know". "That line runs throughout the country, from Yacyretá to Patagonia. We have had an attack in the south of the country recently. It could be that the fire occurred due to the high temperature or that someone recklessly burned pastures," he said.

I'm still trying to figure out the sequence of events of the East Palestine train derailment. In looking at the drone video in @Hi_Henry 's post back on page 45, it starts with what appears to be the trench fire at night.

1677953191532.png

@1:48 it's daylight and the scene is a mass of derailed cars with mostly white smoke arising from a central point. There are several relatively small flames of fire in this mass [the larger of these, tanker cars being vented ? - black smoke from those fires] with two railcars off to the right on fire. Full screen of the youtube vid shows the greatest detail. I'm not seeing any people.

1677953042270.png

What happens next is the drone moves away from the crash scene to further down track. @3:02, an explosion is heard by the operator and he turns the drone back.

1677954380724.png

Based on what was previously shown, one has to wonder what exactly caused that explosion
There is nothing to wonder about. The information is either in my posts or out there in the Net.

Governors DeWine of Ohio and Shapiro of Pennsylvania GAVE THE GO AHEAD to light the whole thing utilizing the word "controlled" as a cover. This is a fact. Since nothing blew up from Feb. 3 to Feb. 6th, I am willing to make a huge wager that nothing would have blown up from the 6th to infinity.

To do what they did they had to rupture the tanks because as we see in the video I posted and others right after the crash AND UNTIL Feb. 6, the fires were small.

The two governors are the ones who gave the signal to make it a HUGE FIRE.
Using words like "controlled" is pure BS for the lemmings who have not followed this (majority) and have not looked closely at the situation on the ground.

The consensus is that this was a deliberate explosion officially approved by Governors DeWine and Shapiro, a deadly plume of black smoke -

Ohio_train_chemical.jpg

a black mushroom cloud -

ohio-gas-cloud-rising.png

- with the phony excuse to prevent a shrapnel explosion of a tanker car. It's my understanding that the tanker car chemicals were drained into the trench and set afire to prevent the shrapnel explosion which we saw burning at night. The daylight explosion simply doesn't follow the talking points. So what exactly was exploded - a pool of liquified plastic pellets in that mass of wrecked railcars that had the mostly white smoke? And I guess the force of the explosion did not fling the railcars further around. Is the NTSB determining exactly what happened and how - and will the facts be revealed to the public?

I thought I had posted this interview previously, but apparently not. Mike Adams interviews Don Loucks - a former hazardous emergency preparedness officer - who has expertise regarding hazardous chemicals in a fire situation. He does not buy the shrapnel excuse at all. He does note that some chemicals that need to be kept cool are refrigerated when loaded with a time schedule to ensure they reach their destination with a maintained safe temperature. Delays and derailments can adversely impact that timing. He also talks about fire going back to source, that the burning vinyl chloride in the ditch could have gone back to source and caused the big explosion. That part begins @17:34.

No doubt, "plausible denial" covers the many crimes of the perps charged with the commission of "terror, depopulation, and general mayhem."

Well, I think this man knows what he is talking about

His's reasoning explains why for 3 days there was NO EXPLOSION.
The Big Excuse for the "uncontrolled burn".
Well this guy is a clown. First off he doesn’t realize that the MSDS sheet will be the same everywhere for vinyl chloride. It’s a standardized system used worldwide, in the United States the authority who oversees the MSDS, now called SDS or Safety Data Sheet is OSHA. So strike one for this guy…

Next he talks about vinyl chloride combustion, he even shows the products of the combustion but then somehow adds in dioxins. Now combustion breaks things down, so how you can go from a 6 atom molecule of vinyl chloride to an incredibly complex molecule like dioxin through combustion is beyond me. If you burn PVC, sure because it’s a polymer, but not vinyl chloride…. So strike two for Mr. Chemistry.

So then he dons his white lab coat to give us all a lecture on thermodynamics…. Instead of focusing on the possible polymerization of the vinyl chloride, which was the explosive hazard, he instead talks about the Joule Expansion, which has zero bearing upon the problem. But then, for anyone who has dealt with explosives…. He just makes the dumbest comment possible. “I’m not sure a bomb could have initiated it”. Which yes, a bomb could always initiate vinyl chloride. So strike 3, the guy should just stick to his day job of raising daffodils….

There’s more, but that’s enough. Add in the background music of constant doom and it’s no wonder people fall for this crap.

I hesitate to write this, but then I figure I’m not helping anyone here who genuinely wants to understand what’s going on by not saying anything. Everyone can go research the stuff I did, use a little common sense and arrive at the same conclusions.

It’s only going to get worse and it’s up to those who can to reduce the level of chaos.

Well this guy is a clown. First off he doesn’t realize that the MSDS sheet will be the same everywhere for vinyl chloride. It’s a standardized system used worldwide, in the United States the authority who oversees the MSDS, now called SDS or Safety Data Sheet is OSHA. So strike one for this guy…
Insulting someone is anything but a good form of argument. Obviously something triggered you on an emotional level because what you point out is NO MAJOR ISSUE. I'm not going to waste the time looking for this, but someone did notice that the EPA changed certain chemical classification documentation a short time before the accident happened. Was it a coincidence ? Who knows, I'm no God. However we do have an excellent example of how the definition of pandemic and vaccine was conveniently changed at the right time to "help the people'.

There is no "strike" here. The man stated in the video that he would have liked to see how the sheet changed, as it does seem interesting that modification occurred on Feb. 7 2023, a day after the burn (Feb. 6th). He didn't saying anything about other MSDS sheets out there.

It looks to me like you are putting words in his mouth.

Next he talks about vinyl chloride combustion, he even shows the products of the combustion but then somehow adds in dioxins. Now combustion breaks things down, so how you can go from a 6 atom molecule of vinyl chloride to an incredibly complex molecule like dioxin through combustion is beyond me. If you burn PVC, sure because it’s a polymer, but not vinyl chloride…. So strike two for Mr. Chemistry.
I'll take the high road.

You make a sweeping statement that combustion breaks things down so there is no way for complex molecules such as dioxins to form from vinyl chloride.

Well first of all there isn't a single "dioxin" molecule. Depending on burn conditions and chemicals present different types of dioxins may form.
"Dioxin" is a term for a family of persistent chemicals (i.e., substances that do not break down chemically or break down very slowly) that are created through various natural and synthetic processes including incineration, forest fires, metal smelting and certain industrial operations involving chlorine and other organic compounds. Because chlorine can be found almost everywhere on earth (e.g. in salt), dioxin will be formed when most things burn, including wood, food, garbage and vinyl.

We certainly do have chlorine. It is found in VINYL CHLORIDE. To get the more complex poly form we can do it through the process of polymerization using heat. In your rush to judgment or nit picking you missed where he mentioned this. Screen capture from video at 8:39 min mark.

1678034264194.png
1678034344824.png

"The word polymer comes from the Greek "poly" (many) and "mer" (part). Therefore, a polymer is a compound with many parts. In reality, a polymer is a long-chained molecule composed of many smaller parts called monomers ("mono" is Greek for one). Monomers, however, are able to hook together into long chains of hundreds or thousands of parts. Such hooking is called polymerization.

In polymerization, monomers - which have double bonds - are broken down by heat or chemical reaction to single bonds. The single bonds attach to each other creating the self-reaction, which in turn creates the long chained polymer. This reaction usually takes place in a reactor vessel in a chemical plant under controlled conditions. But it can also take place during transportation or in storage, creating a hazard for emergency responders."

So that vinyl chloride in those tanks could be polymerized during that "uncontrolled burn", to form among others polyvinyl chloride and this in turn producing dioxins.

So him including dioxins as a potential byproduct of a "uncontrolled burn" seems not so far fetched.

We don't know what was formed in that soot filled cloud resulting from the "uncontrolled burn".
EPA/Norfolk will let us know ? EPA has wasted nearly two weeks hoping that whatever was produced from the burn would be blown off, washed off or forgotten.

From your post above you seem to be under the impression that those hopper cars full of polyvinyl did not catch on fire.

As far as the manifest, I mentioned it in my post above. The car that the wheel bearing blew up on was a hopper car full of plastic pellets, there were 3 more of those hopper cars and then 4 tanker cars full of vinyl chloride. It could have been much worse if those plastic pellet cars caught on fire and then caused the vinyl chloride tanks to explode, thankfully that didn’t happen.

Well you are wrong, they did catch on fire. From my post above we have this from the EPA,

1678035635411.png

And what happened ? Nothing. The fire department put out the fires, leaving a few that were due to leaks.
Definitely not the "much worse" situation that you were predicting if it did.

By the way, that's the additional source of possible dioxins that EPA didn't bother to test for before letting people back !!!!

It is obvious that dioxin formation occurred at temperatures above 450'C and was reduced significantly at temperatures above 850 degrees C. The reaction occurring in an incinerator is extremely complex, and there are many factors in addition to combustion temperature influencing dioxin formation. Even though it is possible to hypothesize reasonable formation mechanisms of dioxins produced in exhaust gases according to the results obtained from experiments in classical chemistry, the reactions involved in an incinerator are extremely complex and heterogeneous. More detailed investigation of the many individual factors influencing dioxin formation is needed to find ways to reduce their formation in individual and municipal incinerators.

So then he dons his white lab coat to give us all a lecture on thermodynamics…. Instead of focusing on the possible polymerization of the vinyl chloride, which was the explosive hazard, he instead talks about the Joule Expansion, which has zero bearing upon the problem. But then, for anyone
Putting on a lab coat is an issue. Give Me A Break !!!!

Thermodynamics is exactly the science that needs to be discussed as it plays a big role in what was happening there. It may explain why after initially being in a huge conflagration the tank cars did not explode.

After the large fires were out, for 3 days there was no explosion. That is where he was going with the discussion of thermodynamics. His point was that the tank cars were cooled due to the gas expansion, thus greatly diminishing the chance of an explosion. I'd say that's rather important to understand.

If you disagree then prove he's wrong.

who has dealt with explosives…. He just makes the dumbest comment possible. “I’m not sure a bomb could have initiated it”. Which yes, a bomb could always initiate vinyl chloride. So strike 3, the guy should just stick to his day job of raising daffodils….
That's his opinion.
But then you seem to be sure of everything in this situation. So why no BIG BOOM on the day of derailment ? The place looked like Hell on fire.

There’s more, but that’s enough. Add in the background music of constant doom and it’s no wonder people fall for this crap.

At least he took the time to gather information and present it in a clear form. Because the music is a bit dramatic doesn't change the facts in his presentation.

In the end, it's his presentation and he has a right to present it anyway he likes it. Don't like it, move on, but at least the man is offering a detailed explanation of why the decision on Feb. 6th was the wrong one.

Attachments

• 1678028855660.png
    1678028855660.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 1678035608250.png
    1678035608250.png
    39 KB · Views: 1
What happens when a "bomb" is detonated above an even more flammable liquid than vinyl chloride

Red Adair Putting Out an Oil Well with an Explosion​

You realize I was an explosive ordnance disposal guy in the Navy right? The reason you detonate a “bomb” as you call it on an oil well fire that’s burning off the natural gas is to get rid of the flames. The detonation consumes all the oxygen in the area which breaks the flame, so afterward you still have an oil well spewing natural gas and oil. But it’s not on fire so now you can cap it.

If you use explosives on vinyl chloride you might get a sympathetic detonation…. Which means an even bigger explosion. Just so you’re aware, your statement of oil and natural gas being even more flammable than vinyl chloride is dead wrong.

Whatever point you were trying to make here I don’t understand. An oil well fire is a different scenario than a vinyl chloride spill.

Back
Top Bottom