Ultra Simple Diet

Thor said:
Thanks to all of you for your replies :).

I will look for the sardines either fresh or in water or brine. Also, I find the advice on introducing things one at a time every three to four days makes a lot of sense, although it strongly activates my impatience program :(

You can't be impatient about this.

But I do wonder why you thought you had to test beef? Usually testing is reserved for problematic foods.

Thor said:
Also, I was hoping to be able to reintroduce a couple of things to make me seem less of a freak at Christmas when everybody else is having a feast. Well, I'll make my own USD feast :)

Hopefully, you are subscribed to the Dot Connector. There's a whole slew of holiday recipes in the new issue that should be shipping any day now.

Thor said:
Two things that I have noticed that I thought I'd see what other people's reactions have been, are the following:

Whenever I eat something fat there is a gurgling sound in my lower right hand side of the abdomen - probably midway between the hip and the navel. I think it is the same (or close to it) spot that gurgles when I do coffee enemas. It is not painful or uncomfortable. Is this something to be concerned about and if so what would be the recommended remede (digestive enzymes, coffee enemas, liver/gall bladder cleanse programs or something completely different?)

No, that's the liver/gall bladder dumping bile which is a detoxing action.

Thor said:
Another thing I have noticed is that my elimination is not at all working regularly. Quite often I find things have a laxative effect on me. Almost every time I have done a FIR sauna session I have to go to the bathroom. When I had too much fruit I have to go to the bathroom.

You really should cut out all fruit for awhile and eliminate sugar (including honey, etc) Introducing fruits should only come after awhile of testing.

Yes, this is a slow process, but it sure is worth it.

Laura said:
But I do wonder why you thought you had to test beef? Usually testing is reserved for problematic foods.

I was under the impression that only chicken and fish were allowed during the first couple of weeks and after that meats could be introduced one at a time. If this is not the case, that definitely makes my life easier :)

Laura said:
Hopefully, you are subscribed to the Dot Connector. There's a whole slew of holiday recipes in the new issue that should be shipping any day now.

I am now :D. I had been considering it for a while and now decided to treat myself to an early Christmas present. Do you know if I'll be able to get the current issue?

Laura said:
You really should cut out all fruit for awhile and eliminate sugar (including honey, etc) Introducing fruits should only come after awhile of testing.

Just to be safe rather than sorry: are the bananas and berries in my morning shake still OK or should I hold back on them for a while, as well. The shake will be pretty close to dreadful without those ingredients :cry:

Thanks!

Thor said:
Laura said:

I was under the impression that only chicken and fish were allowed during the first couple of weeks and after that meats could be introduced one at a time. If this is not the case, that definitely makes my life easier :)

Yes, you can add back meats one at a time. But that is not the real "testing" that is talked about as TESTing. That's a whole other ballgame.

Thor said:
Laura said:

Just to be safe rather than sorry: are the bananas and berries in my morning shake still OK or should I hold back on them for a while, as well. The shake will be pretty close to dreadful without those ingredients :cry:

Thanks!

The berries are okay, but might be better to sweeten with xylitol or stevia for awhile. We have found a number of people can't tolerate bananas, or at least not that often, so we have revised the shake recipe.

I don't use the shakes at all anymore because there are almost no ingredients in it that I can have. So maybe you should just have meat and veggies for breakfast?

Thor said:

Thanks!

Just be aware that an increasing number of people don't tolerate bananas and some citrus fruits. Berries are anti-inflammatory, specially blue berries and you could use xylitol to sweeten your shake. There is also stevia, but some don't like it.

Note: I just saw Laura's post, it is very similar, so I'm doubling her advice ;) In my case, the shake has also been problematic. A lot flaxseed oil doesn't sit well with me. It could be the flaxseeds and potential lectins, but I also have a sluggish liver and my reaction to it feels exactly like that, like my liver can handle that much oil. Rice protein has gluten, I can't tolerate hemp protein. I basically have a shake just for the pure aminos that I put on it, the spirulina, and the berries.

Yup. Berry shakes are yummy and mask the taste of the aminos. With xylitol, it's like ice cream. I put my vit C powder in, too, but Psyche doesn't. She can drink that stuff straight but it turns my mouth inside out!

Laura said:
Yup. Berry shakes are yummy and mask the taste of the aminos. With xylitol, it's like ice cream. I put my vit C powder in, too, but Psyche doesn't. She can drink that stuff straight but it turns my mouth inside out!

Does that mean that xylitol is OK? My herbal teas will benefit immensely :D

Laura said:
I put my vit C powder in, too, but Psyche doesn't. She can drink that stuff straight but it turns my mouth inside out!

:lol: Even the water tastes sweet after taking pure ascorbic acid. Alternatively, you can sweeten it with a few drops of stevia, and it will taste like lemonade. But I think most people would not agree with me in this one ;) It makes it more edible though.

Thor said:
Does that mean that xylitol is OK? My herbal teas will benefit immensely :D

Xylitol is okay. You will see that Mark Hyman discourages all sweeteners in the beginning, he says it awakens the sweet tooth. But I think that it is easier to moderate oneself once you are cleared of evil drugs, that is gluten, dairy, processed foods, etc.

Psyche said:
:lol: Even the water tastes sweet after taking pure ascorbic acid. Alternatively, you can sweeten it with a few drops of stevia, and it will taste like lemonade. But I think most people would not agree with me in this one ;) It makes it more edible though.

I agree, Psyche :D
I'll often make a quick elixir of vit C, magnesium citrate and stevia - tastes like lemonade. When I put chlorella in it, not so much, but the stevia does make it more pleasant.

Psyche said:
… In my case, the shake has also been problematic. A lot flaxseed oil doesn't sit well with me. It could be the flaxseeds and potential lectins, but I also have a sluggish liver and my reaction to it feels exactly like that, like my liver can handle that much oil. …, I can't tolerate hemp protein. I basically have a shake just for the pure aminos that I put on it, the spirulina, and the berries.

I was wondering about ground Flaxseed, and Flaxseed oil, which I’ve taken since starting Ultra Shakes. I, too, have cut out Hemp protein powder - whilst not sensitive to it - I found it produced some interesting effects. However I still use both ground Flaxseed (2tbsp) and Flaxseed oil (1tbsp) in my morning berry supplement powder shake before eating my ‘meat’ and buckwheat course. In fact, Flaxseed oil is part of the prostrate protocol that I’m following.

I’ve just finished reading the Eades’ book ‘Protein Power’, and as it was pertinent to my current experiences, I was particularly taken by the chapter on ‘The Microhormone Messengers: Meet the Eicosanoids’.

Amongst other things, the chapter talks about Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA), of which Flaxseed oil contains 57% ALA, and which should be minimized to avoid undermining the production of good eicosanoids. Whilst Flaxseed oil does give some relief to joint inflammation suffers in the short run, it is equated to ‘using a nine-pound hammer to kill a fly: it kills the fly, but does a lot of other damage, too’ through indiscriminate blocking of eicosanoid production, both good and bad. As an aside, overcoming this I’m using a daily, current, consumption of Salmon oil (2000mg) and Evening Primrose oil (1300mg).

Another topic in the chapter is that of Aracidonic Acid (AA), and destructive in excessive amounts, especially from your diet. Whilst I don’t eat a great deal of red meat (only lamb, cured pork, duck, and turkey legs), I have recently significantly increased (more than doubled) my eating of eggs (the yolk is the important part here AA-wise) as a consequence of stopping eating the Hemp protein powder in the morning. Since reading about this, I’ve adjusted my intake back down to my previous level.

Recently, I’ve experienced dry lips and mild constipation – signs of dehydration – falling insulin levels and consequent water loss, along with sodium (and potassium) in urination (not helped by the cold weather! :)). So, I’ve included salt in my drinks of water to overcome this. Also, I’ve experienced restless sleep (waking early and having difficulty in getting back to sleep), dry skin on the knuckles of my hands, as well as the minor constipation – these are all symptoms of too much, or sensitivity to, Arachidonic Acid.

Other mitigating circumstances include doing an extra two rounds of the DMSA detox (only a few days left to do) and starting to use Ginseng Panax powder (250mg twice a day) as part of the prostrate protocol, as possible influences.

What is the current thinking on taking Flaxseed oil daily?

Edit: gammer

Trevrizent said:
What is the current thinking on taking Flaxseed oil daily?

Personally, I rarely take it and when I do, I take one teaspoon. There is a lot of information about it and how it is good, but if you find something else relevant, do continue to post it here. I think it has helped a lot of people, but I do know of at least one person who is very sensitive to it, which happens to be my cousin. She once had a flaxseed treatment for her hair and she ended up breaking in rashes, especially in her skull...

Trevrizent said:
I, too, have cut out Hemp protein powder - whilst not sensitive to it - I found it produced some interesting effects.

I had to cut out on hemp protein as well because it gives me nausea. However, the recommended those from the brand that I take is 2 full scoops of the provided spoon, which is fairly big. I only ever took one, and that was enough to give me nausea. Lately I have been taking half a spoon and it seems to be ok.

Trevrizent said:
Also, I’ve experienced restless sleep (waking early and having difficulty in getting back to sleep), dry skin on the knuckles of my hands, as well as the minor constipation – these are all symptoms of too much, or sensitivity to, Arachidonic Acid.

I too have been experiencing dry skin on the knuckles of my hands but I did usually get it with cold weather. Perhaps this could also be a factor adding to the dryness on your hands Trevrizent?
However, I tested eggs about a week ago and noticed that some cracks appeared on my right thumb which was very dry. I couldn't tell whether it was weather (it's abnormally cold here for this time of the year!) or eggs related. I stopped eating them and no more cracks appeared. I will be testing them again once my thumb is fully healed, but I found it interesting what you just said about Arachidonic Acid. Thank you for the info!

I'm getting one of those manual meat grinders and sausage makers for Chirstmas. After having experienced a week of eating sausage in the morning I'm finding that it really gives me energy for a long time, more then my usual morning quinoa or buckwheat. It really is interesting to discover what my body needs, which is different from what I used to give it based on my habits and conceptions of what a breakfast should be like.

Gertrudes said:
I too have been experiencing dry skin on the knuckles of my hands but I did usually get it with cold weather. Perhaps this could also be a factor adding to the dryness on your hands Trevrizent?

Yes, I did consider that, however, I wear woollen mittens in the house and gloves when outside, so I discounted that as a probable cause. I still favour the increase in egg consumption as the likely cause.

Gertudes said:
'm getting one of those manual meat grinders and sausage makers for Chirstmas. After having experienced a week of eating sausage in the morning I'm finding that it really gives me energy for a long time, more then my usual morning quinoa or buckwheat. It really is interesting to discover what my body needs, which is different from what I used to give it based on my habits and conceptions of what a breakfast should be like.
Homemade breakfast sausage, or bacon, and buckwheat (in various forms), they do make a good second course for breakfast.

The other important thing to emphasize is the need of a big breakfast. You need a full breakfast with fats and proteins and we encourage people to have their biggest meal at breakfast and then lunch time, eating the smallest meal for dinner between 6pm and 7pm. This will help to balance the circadian rhythm, helping people with chronic diseases and autoimmune disorders as well. So don't hesitate to have most of the dinner menu specified in this diet at breakfast the following the day.

Also, as an alternative to hemp protein, people can use pure amino acid blends or spirulina as it has all essential amino acids present in ratios just like in breast milk.

In the transition phase, there is the re-introducing of pork and buckwheat flours. These foods will give you more breakfast options: blinis, bacon, sausages, etc. Remember to keep your dinner meals small. "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper":

Fried breakfast is healthiest start to day, say scientists

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/206690-Fried-breakfast-is-healthiest-start-to-day-say-scientists

A breakfast of bacon, sausages, eggs, and beans could be the healthiest start to the day, according to new research.

Scientists believe that breakfast programmes the metabolism for the rest of the day, and a fatty meal will help the body break down fat later on.

Carbohydrate rich foods in contrast appear mainly to prepare the body to break down only carbohydrates, the International Journal of Obesity reports.

Dr Martin Young, of the University of Alabama at Birmingham, said: "The first meal you have appears to programme your metabolism for the rest of the day.

"This study suggests that if you ate a carbohydrate-rich breakfast it would promote carbohydrate utilisation throughout the rest of the day, whereas if you have a fat-rich breakfast, you (can) transfer your energy utilisation between carbohydrate and fat."

The team of researchers found there may be some truth in the old saying "'eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper' - may be the key to a healthy body and mind."

Their study looked at the effects of eating different types of food - and of eating them at different times in the day, according to the Daily Mail.

Mice fed a high fat meal after waking remained healthy, but those given a carb-rich breakfast, followed by a fatty dinner, did not fare as well.

Co-researcher Professor Molly Bray added: "Our study seems to show that if you really want to be able to efficiently respond to mixed meals across a day, a meal in higher fat content in the morning is a good thing."

The other doubts we're having is the issue of flaxseeds. It does have lectins, but then, all foods have lectins. Not all lectins are bad, some have good properties and others are neutral. It seems the lectins in flaxseeds have anti-tumor properties. But let's keep an eye on the flaxseed subject.

Here is an updated version of the ultra simple diet: http://eiriu-eolas.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14&p=118#p118

An update on my progress with the USD.

I have mentioned before that I was having problems with fats, in that whenever I would eat something with fat it would manifest on my skin with huge bumps. Well, it seems that things are changing, and I am very impressed. I have been including duck and goose fat, and I have also stopped trimming the fat from my meat because I began to notice that I was not getting the same reactions. Lately I have not had one single reaction! This would be unthinkable in August when I first started the diet.

Having been suggested that this could be a problem from my liver that is not processing fats properly, I have not yet come around to start the liver cleanse I intend to. Firstly because on Laura's sensible advice I decided to take milk thistle for a while before going for a more hard core liver and gall bladder cleanse. Although I have ordered milk thistle a while back, it took a long time for the package to reach me because it was sent to my previous address, so I only started taking it this week. However, my tolerance to fats has been noticeably better for a couple of weeks now.

I have also discovered that I am no longer having the skin reactions that I would have to nuts in the past. This really is an added bonus as I love nuts but could never eat them freely because I'd get so much acne. So far I have tested brazil nuts, pecan nuts, almonds, hazelnuts and walnuts, all without experiencing one single reaction. Again, this would be unthinkable months ago. Needless to say, I am VERY pleased.

I'm curious now on what will happen when I re test coconut oil, something to which I had a strong reaction in August.

The other side of this is that I have lately been doing some "house cleaning" in dealing with feelings of anger associated with past events. I remember Odyssey mentioning elsewhere that in Chinese medicine the liver is considered to be where anger is stored. I could be purely speculating here, but perhaps that inner work is having some positive effects in my liver, which is now processing fats more easily.

Back
Top Bottom