Ultra Simple Diet

Black Swan said:
Just one note on the cinnamon, fwiw. It's on D'Adamo's spices to avoid for types O and B which is a bummer for me since I love cinnamon :(

Thanks for pointing that out, Blackswan. (I am an A so knew it was ok for me but didn't check D'Adamo for other types before posting that. )

I am with the others that actually enjoy their 'shakes'. As Anart, I do take the fish oil, etc. separately though. I actually look forward to them (twice a day!) I feel so much better after taking them.

And like Nienna Eluch, I get kinda queasy walking past the candy aisles. :shock:

Laura said:
In the end, for me, following a detox diet and getting good nutrition is kind of like "doing The Work" on the body level. Healthy eating and detoxing is like objective reality - is tough to face, but once you get used to it, it's tolerable and you CAN have a buckwheat pancake with maple syrup ONCE in a while!

It has been tough to face indeed, and I'm amazed at just how many programmes surrounding food I actually have.
I thought I could easily just eat healthy food, boy was I wrong!

I've had days, when I've been totally overrun by some little i, that forced choclate down my throat, when IT KNEW, that the real I wanted to get rid of this candida infection I have. It's like the more I focus on my Aims regarding food, the heavier my programmes kick in. I have real discussions with my many i's, and sometimes the Real I loose :-[

I'm not in a place yet, where I can follow a strict Ultra Simple diet, but I will be at some point. Just going glutenfree and sugarfree has proven to be somewhat of a challenge.

I'm getting better though, thanks to all of you people here sharing your experiences, thank You !

Trevrizent said:
slowone

The only rice protein I could find in the UK was from aggressivehealthshop.co.uk, a one Kg tub of Raw Vegan SunWarrior Protein for GBP40. I don't know if this expensive, OK, or not. I have nothing to compare with from the UK. This may or may not help you.

Thanks for that. Thats who I bought it from in the end. Not much choice though.

I noticed that Buckwheat is really popular, Laura was saying about her crepes. I used to use it when I was pregnant but I find it really upsets my tummy. Has anyone else noticed this?

At the moment if I make the kids pancakes or buy bread I've been buying Spelt bread, Using Spelt flour. I know it's still wheat but in the Blood type Diet as an O I can use this apparently.

I'm thinking of trying Buckwheat again though.

slowone said:
Using Spelt flour. I know it's still wheat but in the Blood type Diet as an O I can use this apparently.
I believe Gluten in any form is evil, regardless of your bloodtype. There's alot of info about Gluten, so try to do a search on this forum and read about it.

I having Buckwheat pancakes almost every week, and my tummy is fine with it. Try to experiment some, find out what your body likes :)

Helle said:
slowone said:
Using Spelt flour. I know it's still wheat but in the Blood type Diet as an O I can use this apparently.
I believe Gluten in any form is evil, regardless of your bloodtype. There's alot of info about Gluten, so try to do a search on this forum and read about it.

I having Buckwheat pancakes almost every week, and my tummy is fine with it. Try to experiment some, find out what your body likes :)

Yeah I guess so.

Its just that I've got the Genotype Diet which is by Peter D'adamo and it's more in depth than the Bloodtype, you break it right down into 6 Gene types and Spelt still shows as OK for me, Buckwheat is on my list to avoid. I already avoid all nightshades so no potato, pepper, tomato and I'm finding it hard to stick to and cook for the family. You know what its like with kids.

It seems with each new stage of the diet I cut out more and more. Just my "poor me" programme running today. I have people coming for tea and we are making them a cake. No sugar though at least!!

slowone said:
At the moment if I make the kids pancakes or buy bread I've been buying Spelt bread, Using Spelt flour. I know it's still wheat but in the Blood type Diet as an O I can use this apparently.

I don't know about the amount of gluten in Spelt, but Einkorn is a form of grain that has less gluten than the others (less than 7%). But it still has gluten.

Wiki said:
In contrast with more modern forms of wheat, there is evidence that the gliadin protein of einkorn may not be as toxic to sufferers of coeliac disease.[4] It has yet to be recommended in any gluten-free diet.

slowone said:
It seems with each new stage of the diet I cut out more and more. Just my "poor me" programme running today

I know exactly how you feel.. Sounds to me like you're maybe an emotional eater like me ? (very sorry if you're not, I don't have much basis for that guess, I guess!)

This page http://exercise.about.com/cs/nutrition/a/emotionaleating.htmhelped me somewhat realize that I abuse food. It says amongst other things that Once you start getting a deeper understanding of your eating habits, you can work on ways to cope with your feelings other than reaching for food. Staying objective about foodcravings has helped me alot, aswell as all the good advise here on this forum.

I have no experience with the Genotype diet, maybe I'll look into that as well.

Carcosa said:
slowone said:

I don't know about the amount of gluten in Spelt, but Einkorn is a form of grain that has less gluten than the others (less than 7%). But it still has gluten.

Wiki said:
In contrast with more modern forms of wheat, there is evidence that the gliadin protein of einkorn may not be as toxic to sufferers of coeliac disease.[4] It has yet to be recommended in any gluten-free diet.

Thanks for that, There is so much different advice and information to follow. I am going to go Gluten Free, I have for the week I began the Ultrasimple diet anyway its just that once in a while I wouldn't mind being able to have a piece of toast for instance.

Because I don't eat Nightshades I don't use anything with potato starch either which crops up quite often in Gluten free products.

I think I may try the Buckwheat again as well.

Helle said:
slowone said:
It seems with each new stage of the diet I cut out more and more. Just my "poor me" programme running today

I know exactly how you feel.. Sounds to me like you're maybe an emotional eater like me ? (very sorry if you're not, I don't have much basis for that guess, I guess!)

This page http://exercise.about.com/cs/nutrition/a/emotionaleating.htmhelped me somewhat realize that I abuse food. It says amongst other things that Once you start getting a deeper understanding of your eating habits, you can work on ways to cope with your feelings other than reaching for food. Staying objective about foodcravings has helped me alot, aswell as all the good advise here on this forum.

I have no experience with the Genotype diet, maybe I'll look into that as well.

I think you are probably right. I definitely have always been drawn to carbs, which is why I guess I am looking for something to replace Wheat, but is like it.

I have started taking 5HTP so hoping it helps.

slowone said:

I would be interested in hearing your experience with 5HTP, I've been looking into that myself, I just haven't got around to ordering it yet. My wallet tells me I can only afford fishoil supplements this month :)

Helle said:
slowone said:

I would be interested in hearing your experience with 5HTP, I've been looking into that myself, I just haven't got around to ordering it yet. My wallet tells me I can only afford fishoil supplements this month :)

Good so far with the 5htp and about to buy a Gluten-Free cook book. I know what you mean about chosing what to buy next. All my money goes on supplements at the moment!

I have been taking 5HTP more regularly and it has helped soooo much. I was going to CBT all last year for major depression/dysthymia (stopped now since I lost my main source of income and my therapist left). My therapist had recommended that I look very seriously into taking something to "get me through it" for a couple of months as my body chemistry hopefully gets itself back to normal (I STILL am having problems with motivation and energy frequently, and lows sometimes). I didn't want to take any scary drugs though, I was hoping diet et al would fix things. This process is working I think but sometimes with detox I guess it takes a while, plus sometimes we feel worse before we feel better. Anyway, since I've been doing 5HTP on a REGULAR basis (my problem is always forgetting to take supplements) I have been able to focus and get more work done. I generally take it a couple of times a day (it doesn't make me sleepy), usually once in the mid-afternoon and again in the early evening. No more than 200mg/day, usually it's 100-150mg total. I am starting to have a feel for when I am getting "down". I felt the effects of this supplement pretty much immediately though, it doesn't feel to me like one of these things you have to take for a while to kick in.

Not sure exactly what you plan on taking 5HTP for, but that's my experience with it, FWIW.

Hi D Rusak !

I suffer from mild depressions and lows in general occasional, and I took the Ultramind quizzes, which showed low in serotonin , so I guess it's a hint, that I could benefit from 5HTP :D I also have a mild candida, which also can give those symptoms, so I'm working on getting my body ready for an anti candida treatment.

Thanks for sharing your experience with 5HTP, it sure sounds like it has had a good effect on you, I'm glad to hear.

Helle said:
slowone said:

Helle,

I have been taking 5-HTP for about six weeks now, along with the Breathing/Meditation, and have been following the Ultra Simple Diet (Its not really a diet, but a better way of life, IMO) for about two weeks now. I have had great success in my opinion so far. I can't say that any one thing is the cause for my improvement since I started all of them so close together. One thing is for sure and that is I am 100% better on all counts today and keep getting better every day.

I suffered from depression, with lots of pain in all of my joints, and very poor memory issues. Now I seem to have much better retention from my reading, and my joints are much less inflamed with minimal pain now. As for the depression, it seems to have lifted completely, so I have tons more energy and even took a hike last week.

You stated in your last reply to D Rusak that you were getting your body ready for an Anti-candida treatment. What are you waiting for? I had the information available on this site in front of me for over a year and wasted all that time with excuses (lies to my self).
The information is right her for you and if you are unsure about something, just ask. Don't make the same mistake I did and put anything off any longer. :zzz: It is all about doing the work, which includes your body, your mind and your self. :D

FWIW,

GWB

Back
Top Bottom