Vincent Bridges, Jay Weidner and Gang - Web Pathology

Colleen Johnston and Vincent Bridges Trash Laura and cassiopaea

Oh, geeze! Now that IS funny! I didn't even know it was a word!

Analytical thought can be a real spiral Laura. Sometimes the best thing to realise is to simply let it go. I think the way to truth, or truth itself is Silence, and the very purpose of thought itself is often the ego self's continued existence. It is alive as long as one is thinking.
If you're wondering, this as a result of looking at the earlier post where you describe how you end up spiralling thru self-examination downwards into negativity as a result of those people's accusations regarding you and your ensuing sense of guilt regarding their pain.

myshkin said:
I think the way to truth, or truth itself is Silence, and the very purpose of thought itself is often the ego self's continued existence. It is alive as long as one is thinking.
If truth is silence, then why even bother posting on this forum?

I would say that the way to truth is absolutely NOT silence. That's a pretty worn out old psychopathic dictum designed to prevent people from networking and accessing knowledge that can then lead to Truth.

myshkin said:
... the very purpose of thought itself is often the ego self's continued existence. It is alive as long as one is thinking.
Down with the thinking, Myshkin tells us. Let other people think, but not us! Let's go back to the caverns. Salleles is right, I think :) - ...

myshkin said:
I think the way to truth, or truth itself is Silence, and the very purpose of thought itself is often the ego self's continued existence. It is alive as long as one is thinking.
Geez, where to start.

As Laura pointed out, it is psychopaths who want us to be silent, to not share information because that is how they maintain their power. That is on one level.

Perhaps you mean, however, the silence of meditation or some form of contemplation. But if you do not then share the fruits of such meditation with others in order to verify them in the real world, they are just subjective impressions that could be right or could be wrong. These subjective impressions may be inspired, but inspiration without the perspiration to apply it, to find out what is real and valid, can also be fool's gold paving the way to hell.

Haven't we seen that over and over again.

I think Myshkin's idea resembles the one of EsoQuest: he was thinking, other people were supposed to be his "laboratory animals".

I tend to agree with the posts of Salleles, Laura, Ark and Henry here. I think maybe myshkin has made a bit of a generalisation here (something that tends to set alarm bells of in my head when heard)

myshkin said:
I think the way to truth, or truth itself is Silence, and the very purpose of thought itself is often the ego self's continued existence.
I also think for someone like myself it would be dangerous to think that way, to not share with people my experiences and thoughts would cause me to self doubt immeasurabely more than ever (I know I do it enough already and Im working on trying to correct that).

I think I can see the point you are trying to make about not focusing exclusively on our own negative thoughts and letting the self examination of your own motivations due attacks from other people get us down, but I feel that maybe you have misinterpreted what was said in the post you refer to, due to your conclusions about "Silence".

As far as I understand the "truth" of anything can only be seen when you first do the work to know yourself, to know your own machines programmes, and to work to awaken to a more objective state of being awake and being fully conscious. Only then can we truly see the truth and then have the ability to truly think and act consciously to decide what is real and what are merely shades of truth (I like the analogy "shadows on the wall").

I hope I'm also inline with the right thinking here when I say that to achieve a state of true consciousness and awaken, we need to network with others on a similar level as we cannot wake up and become conscious on our own, it takes sharing deductions based on objective resoning and gathering of data and then talking/sharing with others who can help in turn by sharing their deductions/reasoning and thus come to a better hypothesis. I also belive none of us can really say that we know the "whole truth" of anything for sure, we can only hypothesise and change that hypothesis by sharing and gathering more data.

I also agree with ark's last post, in that some people (most likely including myself) still belive that they are really thinking , when they are simply not, their machines are running programmes and reacting to situations they are in, this is not true objective or conscious thought. This seems to be what happened with one of the members here (EQ) and so one of my faveourite quotes from Jesus in the bible I think fits nicely here, "Know Thyself".

salleles said:
myshkin said:
If truth is silence, then why even bother posting on this forum?
"Truth" here is one's consciousness in its pure thoughtless form. Nothing particularly radical about that view. And it's certainly not the same as saying everything that isn't this silence must therefore be ignorance and that all thought is by definition worse than futile. It is saying however that thought often masquerades as being full of noble issues such a search for knowledge that one isn't in possession of, whereas in reality the very act of thought itself may be what is blinding oneself from one's own natural state of perfection. And in this way things like self-analysis can be worth a fortune to psychiatrists etc whereas the letting go of the self that one is busy brrowing away at trying to get to the bottom of, may be far more advantageous.
Again it isn't damning all knowledge, but rather pointing towards awareness of the mind rather than all too easily being caught up in the pathways of thinking. It's like being given a little push in a certain direction, and away goes the ego on its little journey. Very easy to talk of disinfo and all that, but surely the ultimate kind of disinfo amounts to the mind-control of being sent spinning in whatever direction outward stimulus may send us.
I spose it's a bit easy to make the kind of assertion I made.Nice big philosophical point, but I'm certailny no quietist or spiritual nihilist arguing against knowledge.
Looking at what I wrote I'd agree that saying the path to Truth is silence, is wrong.

myshkin said:
If you're wondering, this as a result of looking at the earlier post where you describe how you end up spiralling thru self-examination downwards into negativity as a result of those people's accusations regarding you and your ensuing sense of guilt regarding their pain.
Laura's experience in this regard had nothing to do with analytical thought and everything to do with feeling, a sense of responsibility, openness, honesty empathy - in essence being a genuine decent human being. Indeed, it was analytical and critical thinking that got her out of the spiral and depression over the psychopathic and inhuman attacks against her humanity!

Joe

henry said:
myshkin said:
Geez, where to start.

As Laura pointed out, it is psychopaths who want us to be silent, to not share information because that is how they maintain their power. That is on one level.

Perhaps you mean, however, the silence of meditation or some form of contemplation. But if you do not then share the fruits of such meditation with others in order to verify them in the real world, they are just subjective impressions that could be right or could be wrong. These subjective impressions may be inspired, but inspiration without the perspiration to apply it, to find out what is real and valid, can also be fool's gold paving the way to hell.

Haven't we seen that over and over again.
True, there is a quote somwhere though, "Why dost thou prate of God, everything you can say is false." Just to point out though Henry that I did at least say "the very purpose of thought itself is OFTEN the ego self's continued existence". There's a big difference between often and always.

myshkin said:
Just to point out though Henry that I did at least say "the very purpose of thought itself is OFTEN the ego self's continued existence". There's a big difference between often and always.
There is a big a difference, but no so big. What you wrote i still wrong. It would be true if you would write sometimes, instead of "OFTEN". In fact the "ego" thingy, that you are talking about, has very little to do with "thinking". It has primarily to do with the survival instinct. Cats have ego. Dogs have a smaller ego, because they are thinking in more STO way than cats.

It was Eso Quest who was discouraging thinking, because he was the one to think. And now, after he was exposed, you are taking his place?

One of the definitions of the term "stupid" is

... marked by or resulting from unreasoned thinking or acting

Webster.
Is it your idea that we should be stupid?

Note added: After this Myshkin wrote a post using words that are automatically censored by the Forum software. His post, as well as the poster, were both deleted from this Forum.

Behind Mishlin specific case, an important point is raised : the apparent word/silence duality.

At our human beings level, the ego is obviously very present, when we talk and even when we don't (see how uneasy it is to stop the internal dialogue when we start meditation).

One specificity of our situation is that we search (Graal, philosopher's stone, I,...), at this level meditation, words, actions are complementary research tools.

According to Mouravieff, the objective is to develop and then fusion motor, psychical and spiritual centers.

Negating/sacrificing some aspects of this three centers might lead at best to uncomplete success.

One issue about this silence/word couple is certainly to find a balance between when to talk and when to be silent

What was specific to Myshkin's case is this: he argued that other people should calm down their ego, but it was his ego that was saying this, and it was his ego that reacted rather violently to my "scratch test". This phenomenon can be seen again and again with lot of people around us. They tell others how to behave, but they fail to see the inconsistency, namely that they themselves are doing just the opposite to what they suggest (or even demand) to others.

ark said:
What was specific to Myshkin's case is this: he argued that other people should calm down their ego, but it was his ego that was saying this, and it was his ego that reacted rather violently to my "scratch test". This phenomenon can be seen again and again with lot of people around us. They tell others how to behave, but they fail to see the inconsistency, namely that they themselves are doing just the opposite to what they suggest (or even demand) to others.
Ark, this is the artist fromerly known as Myshkin. I apologise for my post

[Moderator (Ark): I deleted the rest of the post as it argues with other moderators. Apology is accepted, but please read the rules and do not argue with the moderators on the forum. If you have problems - write offlist.]

Back
Top Bottom