Websites to order vitamins

anart said:
Just one small note - you really don't need a calcium/magnesium supplement! You only need Magnesium (for at least a year) until you get levels up so your body can actually utilize calcium. Magnesium Citrate, Magnesium Malate or Magnesium Taurate are the recommended forms. You also will never get enough Magnesium using a multi-vitamin, you need one of the forms listed above in a higher dosage. You've posted in the Magnesium Miracle thread, so maybe re-reading it will help clarify.

Also, you might want to get input from Psyche regarding what supplements are actually crucial right now, so you can focus on the most important for now, perhaps saving some cost (though it might not help much...)?

And vitamin D of course! Also helps enormously with calcium utilization.

anart said:
Just one small note - you really don't need a calcium/magnesium supplement! You only need Magnesium (for at least a year) until you get levels up so your body can actually utilize calcium. Magnesium Citrate, Magnesium Malate or Magnesium Taurate are the recommended forms. You also will never get enough Magnesium using a multi-vitamin, you need one of the forms listed above in a higher dosage. You've posted in the Magnesium Miracle thread, so maybe re-reading it will help clarify.

Also, you might want to get input from Psyche regarding what supplements are actually crucial right now, so you can focus on the most important for now, perhaps saving some cost (though it might not help much...)?

Anart,
Thanks for the reminder. I am taking in so much information at the moment at and some of it gets over written before it is accessed. After reading the Magnesium Miracle thread I ordered some Magnesium Citrate, which I am currently taking and I was wondering whether to continue with it after my supplements arrive. You have effectively answered my question.

When I saw your reply I made an interesting (and somewhat embarrassing) observation. My initial reaction was feeling unfairly treated as you failed to be thankful for the work I had done :). Secondly, I felt that you were trying to make me look stupid by saying that I had read a thread and not paid attention :O

Upon rereading your reply I got a totally different take on it. I can see that you are just pointing to a fact that is good for me and others to bear in mind and helping me. It is scary how fast and also unfounded the "unfairly treated" program and the subsequent wish to attack are activated.

Finally, I can observe just writing these lines that reveal things about me that I find embarrassing puts me on guard. Lots of work ahead!

I have discussed with Psyche the timing of introducing the different supplements rather than whether some of them could be left out. As I have already bought them I will just go ahead for the first two months and then adjust based on how my body reacts before ordering again.

Thor said:
When I saw your reply I made an interesting (and somewhat embarrassing) observation. My initial reaction was feeling unfairly treated as you failed to be thankful for the work I had done :). Secondly, I felt that you were trying to make me look stupid by saying that I had read a thread and not paid attention :O

Upon rereading your reply I got a totally different take on it. I can see that you are just pointing to a fact that is good for me and others to bear in mind and helping me. It is scary how fast and also unfounded the "unfairly treated" program and the subsequent wish to attack are activated.
That's a good self-observation. Amazing how quickly those programs run and how much strength they have! It's a powerful thing to realize that we can't trust our impressions at times! :)

Thor said:
I have discussed with Psyche the timing of introducing the different supplements rather than whether some of them could be left out. As I have already bought them I will just go ahead for the first two months and then adjust based on how my body reacts before ordering again.

Take your time Thor and step by step, I know the information on the site can be overwhelming sometimes, especially when it come to buying supplements, where to find and what to buy.

FWIW, I recently ordered a multivitamin at VitaminBest.nl, because there it was possible for me to get a "Thorne.com" supplement with active B-Vitamins (Not All Multivitamins Are Created Equally) it's an expensive product, but I think it is worth it for 180 days (1 capsule for each day), to pay a little more money.

They are shipping from the Netherlands and there is no payment in advance needed, you just receive the products with a bill, that has to be paid in 10 days (at leas that counts for Europe).

Gawan said:
FWIW, I recently ordered a multivitamin at VitaminBest.nl, because there it was possible for me to get a "Thorne.com" supplement with active B-Vitamins (Not All Multivitamins Are Created Equally) it's an expensive product, but I think it is worth it for 180 days (1 capsule for each day), to pay a little more money.

They are shipping from the Netherlands and there is no payment in advance needed, you just receive the products with a bill, that has to be paid in 10 days (at leas that counts for Europe).

Good to know sites in Europe. Just a thought on price, FWIW. It seems like there is a huge price difference between the EU and the US. Therefore it may well be worth it to have products sent from the US even when VAT and import taxes are added. If you look at the price for the product you recommend it is EUR 42.45. The same product purchased at iHerb is $ 26.42 (http://www.iherb.com/Thorne-Research-Basic-Nutrients-I-Aspartate-w-o-Copper-Iron-180-Veggie-Caps/18148?at=0). With the current exchange rate that equals EUR 19.4. Even if you add 25% VAT that would equal EUR 24.3. If you add 12.5% import tax you reach EUR 27.3 which is still about 35% less than the price paid in Europe. The shipping may be more, though. I recall reading that some supplements are not allowed in many countries within the EU. I believe that the UK and the Netherlands allow most but importing supplements to other EU countries from the US may pose difficulties. Other forum members might have experiences with this but I don't, yet.

I tend to agree with you that it is worth it to pay a little extra to get good products and hope that I'll be able to afford it soon. At the moment, however, I also need to put aside money for the FIR blanket :D so I'll have to wait a little to get the very nice supplements.

Regarding the Thorne multivitamins the recommended dosage on the iHerb website is 6 capsules per day to achieve the levels on the label, which would make this an even more expensive multi :(. However, the contents of the product on VitaminBest.nl and iHerb seem to differ a little bit, which I find odd.

Gawan said:

Gawan, FWIW, just a couple of days ago, I found out that I had missed one supplement on my long list and decided to just order it directly from iHerb. I thought that I would like to take all the supplements for the particular Key and decided to just order the one supplement and live with the additional shipping costs. It turns out that if you buy just one "bottle" of supplements iHerb ships to Europe for just $4. This also means that the value of the supplements is lower than the VAT and import tax threshold.

Gawan said:
Take your time Thor and step by step, I know the information on the site can be overwhelming sometimes, especially when it come to buying supplements, where to find and what to buy.

You are quite right and I do have a program that wants to do everything 100% all at once. Currently the plan is to get the supplements, start the USD and after a month or two, get the FIR blanket and do the Candida diet if relevant.

Gawan said:
FWIW, I recently ordered a multivitamin at VitaminBest.nl, because there it was possible for me to get a "Thorne.com" supplement with active B-Vitamins

For the past 2 years, I've been taking 7 supplements (including several Thorne products) that my Chinese Medicine doctor recommended. Unfortunately, he just moved from NC to Vermont. However, I'm still able to get the same products via his online store.

Unlike the Thorne website, which limits sales to Health Care Professionals, most of his products are available to the general public (though a few are limited to his active patients e.g. his DMSA product, "Captomer 250" due to concerns that unguided detoxification could do harm).

You have to register to see the prices, which have always seemed very reasonable to me (e.g. the Buffered Vit. C powder is $15.00 on Dr. Stadtmauer's site vs. $16.70 on iHerb). He also offers free shipping on order over $80). Here's the link: http://store.drstadtmauer.com/index.php

These prices for good quality supplements are the best I've seen. Check it out. International orders are well worth it

You might also want to look at:

beyondacentury.com

They have many supps in powder form quite cheap and without additives. You can also adjust your dose easily.

chachazoom said:
woopsie daisy!
http://www.iherb.com/

Hi chachazoom,

I have merged your topic with this one.

By the way, that site was mentionned in the first post of this thread.

Don't forget that one of your friend is the search function. :cool2:

I just want to report that I'm having problems currently with the tariff here in Germany when ordering from iherbs.

They have 'caught' the package (product value around 60 €) and are now checking whether melatonin, 5-htp and probiotics
are allowed in Germany (that is, the quantities/dose of the supplements). On top of that I have to pay duty on the supplements.
I learned that for every parcel from overseas which has a product value of more than 20€ I have to pay duty.
Guess I was lucky that my previous iherb order slipped through their fingers.

Question to other German members: what is your experience with this, and what measures do you take?
Ordering strictly from EU? Ordering in small amounts only, that is, many orders at iherbs, and each of them being below the value of 20€?

Back
Top Bottom