Nowhere to go, but home
Nowhere to go
Maybe our time is up
But still you can't look back
But all the principles of love
Don't say those words
Don't say those words
Don't say those words

Though the following is not really a song, I felt this thread was the most appropriate place to put the following passage taken from "The Narrator" by Evan Brightly. It's entitled "Upon Waking":

http://www.evanbrightly.com/audio/uponwakingnarration.mp3 (Narrated by Evan Brightly)

Epilogue

Upon Waking

"The first feeling was that of opening my eyes—even before I opened them. I lay still for a while and listened to music in my head. It wasn’t actually music, but the feeling was there: the feeling of hearing some old song in a new context or watching birds fly in slow motion, only it was a greater feeling, because the bird in this case was me.

I had a brief flash of thought—"Why?"—but it seemed an obscenity in the context. So I stopped thinking, and immediately upon doing so awakened to a sensation, a new awareness of an old part of me.

God is looking through my eyes. The words came into my head at the same moment—the one beautiful truth—the one thing, I felt, that justified everything.

I felt in that moment the way a man who has been tortured for several days might when the axe is finally raised: a sort of coming to terms; however, it wasn’t a coming to terms with death but with life. I was willing all of a sudden to accept what had seemed an absurd crime before, and, as silly as it may be, the reason was that at

the moment I felt such sublime happiness in the face of everything I had experienced, everything that had been and continues to be such torture to me, that I was willing to sign up for another lifetime of that pain or even a thousand lifetimes, fully knowing all the consequences of this (to the extent that they can be known without actually being felt).

So I lay still for a while, feeling these thoughts without thinking them, and when I actually opened my eyes, everything I saw seemed so mundane in comparison with the previous feeling of opening my eyes that it was at first a disappointment.

But when my eyes had been open for a little while, the normality of everything became normal for me, and I once again saw with my inner eyes (the ones which had opened just before). These eyes colored everything I saw to match my feelings, and therefore, everything appeared incalculably beautiful.

It happened that then, and fortunately only then, those gathered noticed my awakening—who knows, perhaps my eyes had only been open for a second…

And that is how I awoke that day. I was more keenly aware from then on, of how parts of me awoke every day and also of how parts of me went to sleep every day. I think it happens to us all the time; we are constantly waking and falling asleep, dying and coming alive."
-The Narrator

This song, especially the video, actually brought tears to my eyes. For some reason I keep forgetting that the majority of the populace are still under the impression that there is "somebody/someone out there" watching over and protecting them and don't actually understand that when it comes down to it this couldn't be farther from the truth. This video helped me to become aware once more of this fact. Wow, when empathy rains it pours.

Bedshaped - Keane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYnb27C62nU

Many's the time I ran with you down
The rainy roads of our old town
Many the lives we lived in each day
And buried all together
Don't laugh at me
Don't look away

You'll follow me back
With the sun in your eyes
And on your own
Bedshaped and legs of stone
You'll knock on my door
And up we'll go
In white light
I don't think so
But what do I know?
What do I know?
I know

I know you think I'm holding you down
And I've fallen by the wayside now
And I don't understand the same things as you
But I do

Don't laugh at me
Don't look away

You'll follow me back
With the sun in your eyes
And on your own
Bedshaped, two legs of stone
You'll knock on my door
And up we'll go
In white light
I don't think so
But what do I know?
What do I know?
I know

ahahaa ahahaa ahahaa ahahaa(Choir)

ooooohhhhhhhh
And up we'll go
In white light
I don't think so
But what do I know?
What do I know?
I know

As I was shopping at my local "Dollar Tree" yesterday, I noticed that the music playing overhead was kinda' loud. As soon as I noticed, a song started that I found emotionally moving.
What moved me about this was the fact that the singer was putting her emotions into a song about 'growing up'...or maybe an awareness of some emotional maturity.

At any rate, I enjoyed it. When I got home I researched it and thought I'd share it:

Fergie:

"Big Girls Don't Cry"

Da Da Da Da
The smell of your skin lingers on me now
You're probably on your flight back to your home town
I need some shelter of my own protection baby
To be with myself and center
Clarity Peace, Serenity

[CHORUS:]
I hope you know, I hope you know
That this has nothing to do with you
It's personal, myself and I
We've got some straightenin' out to do

And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket
But I've got to get a move on with my life
It's time to be a big girl now
And big girls don't cry
Don't cry, Don't cry, Don't cry

The path that I'm walking I must go alone
I must take the baby steps 'til I'm full grown, full grown
Fairytales don't always have a happy ending, do they?
And I foresee the dark ahead if I stay

And big girls don't cry

Like the little school mate in the school yard
We'll play jacks and uno cards
I'll be your best friend and you'll be mine
Valentine

Yes you can hold my hand if you want to
'Cause I want to hold yours too
We'll be playmates and lovers
And share our secret worlds

But it's time for me to go home
It's getting late, dark outside
I need to be with myself and center
Clarity, Peace, Serenity

And big girls don't cry

La Da Da Da Da Da

Sources:
Song link: _http://music.yahoo.com/track/35791616
Lyrics: _http://music.yahoo.com/Fergie/Big-Girls-Dont-Cry-Personal/lyrics/35791616

Australian band COG, Progressive Rock. Their songs are of the NWO, conspiracies and awakening, such as the following song.

Bitter Pills.

"Unaware of the model
I was taught to follow
Baptised through the grapevine
Rescued by a daydream
Back down where I
Found the open door
The open door
I was before
The open door
And from the maps that I'd followed
Came the thoughts that I'd borrowed
A bitter pill I swallowed
Cleaned my mind out
So I could explore
Plagiarised my reactions
All my life an abstraction
But if I'm more than memories
Makes me wonder
Who I was before
The open door
I was before
I know what I am
In this light I stand
Can I overcome
That space that time demands
Reincarnation
I'm back from everywhere
Know that I'll become
The thought that lead me there
Turned my back on the drama
And ostracised my karma
I threw away all my armour
Trying to find out
Who is was before
I know what I am
In this light I stand
Can I overcome
The space that time demands
Reincarnation
I can't remember
Who I was
Who I was"

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZkuVFvmNpM

Great song, lyrics "really" speak for themselves.

Interestingly one of the sketches inside the album cover is of an upright alligator, approx 0:50 in the video. The sketch is not so clear on the video. I have the album and the sketch is clear.

Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam Vocalist)- Rise

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXVpjjpwNss)

Such is the way of the world
You can never know
Just where to put all your faith
And how will it grow

Gonna rise up
Burning back holes in dark memories
Gonna rise up
Turning mistakes into gold

Such is the passage of time
Too fast to fold
And suddenly swallowed by signs
Low and behold

Gonna rise up
Find my direction magnetically
Gonna rise up
Throw down my ace in the hole

Hellow everyone, I just wanted to share with you one of my favourite pieces of music , composed by of one of my favourite musicians, Arvo Pärt, born in Paide, Estonia on September 11, 1935. For me, his music really expresses something sacred:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtFPdBUl7XQ

Manuel said:
Hellow everyone, I just wanted to share with you one of my favourite pieces of music , composed by of one of my favourite musicians, Arvo Pärt, born in Paide, Estonia on September 11, 1935. For me, his music really expresses something sacred:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtFPdBUl7XQ

Thanks Manuel, it's lovely.

I'm listening to a song called Superhero of the computer rage by the swedish death metal band In Flames. I like this particular song because it has a more upbeat melody than most of their stuff.

I used to listen IF quite a lot when I was 14-16, but eventually got bored of their sound. I decided to go back and listen to their albums for the good old time's sake and took a look at the lyrics after seeing a couple of interesting song titles. There is definitely some gurdjieffian tones in them, like man being a machine of meat and blood, some interesting moon-references, entering the fourth dimension and "food for the gods", but I can't say whether the person who wrote them learned them from Ouspensky/Gurdjieff. They are the most probable source I think. Of course, darker metal always has occult/esoteric references, but they seem to have quite a few hits in their lyrics.

"Tell Me Why-Declan Galbraith"

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j6IBdHW_rY

I wonder, maybe he will find the answer by finding this forum and site one day...

Just recently rediscovered my old CHANGE-records.
This is an Italy based Black Music band produced in the late seventies and early eighties by Jacques Fred Petrus + Mauro Malavasi.
They don`t contain wise lyrics BUT...their music really lifts me up ...for a CHANGE :)

In The Hall of the Mountain King:

_http://www.youtube.com/v/fzyi3C4gNnE&hl=en

Reminds me of this clip from the C's:

A: Find out, in deed.
Q: (L) Well that's kind of a pun, find out "in deed" - by doing. (R) We are on a very, very interesting path here because we just defined what a density is. It's a
frequency resonance envelope. (A) The question is frequency of what?
A: Yes, of those in the orchestra.
Q: (L) So it is by agreement. (A) What is by agreement? (L) To be in the orchestra, frequency resonance envelope. (B) Not only to be, but to play within those parameters. (L) Who gets to pick what gets played?
A: Ah! There's the rub!
Q: (B) That means it's up for grabs. Which is why they're interested in us grounding a certain frequency resonance so STS doesn't.
A: No, you don't get to pick the selection at this level. But you in the future does. The question is: How well do you play, and can you play true if the others don't?

This reminds me of playing in a band. Being able to keep playing your parts correctly while another band member is messing up. Its hard because onstage, there are all kinds of strange overtones happening too, so you have to really know your parts yet remain flexible enough to go with the flow of the band as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom