What are you listening to?

Agnes Obel - Familiar

(from the German TV Series "Dark") from whom scenes are shown in this video (strangely good TV-Series I have to say)

That's when I heard the song "Familiar"for the first time in one of the episodes, and felt enchanted. Specially when the male voices pitch in "from behind", I got really goose pimples all over. Weirdly beautiful song, one that grows. However, I do not truly listen into the meaning behind the words sung.

It's more like I follow the music an voices like following a water flow.

LONDON GRAMMAR
💕

I bumped out of the blue, unexpected into this group in Oct 2013. It touched something that would... create a chain reaction. (It was never my kind of music to listen to) ... until... well, when a portal opens - things happen in most interesting ways. I was in the beginning of a breakup process with my second husband. It was a time of confusion, reflections, truth and cleanup - definitely a good thing in the longer run !

London Grammar revealed itself as an amazing group - with a girl whose voice is just incredible on the verge of ethereal yet in a strong way ! It reaches in deeper. It grows. She also has a trace of sadness somewhere... as if something was broken a longer time ago - seen through the a glass darkly. And while passed - there is still a slight trace of sorrow tuning in. There are many different mixes for each song, I may add.

HEJ NOW • (SALDA & WIGZEN REMIX)
A smoother version.

HEY NOW • (ARTY REMIX)
A version which increases and takes off after 1 min

Help me Lose My Mind

Wonderful. For me that song was the first kickoff in realizing, that the house i built (marriage), was crumbling and its underpinnings not yet fully understood as they were hidden. Unkowingly i started a process which made them come to light - because - I opened a "portal". The good aspect of it was - that I found the voice of my heart - and when you stand at your hearts portal - only the most burning questions remain to be asked. Then I found my answers - and what needed to be done.

Strong

Wasting my Young Years
endless beautiful kind of sad

LONDON GRAMMAR (II)
💕

Interlude
Ethereal beautiful !! Yet with this enduring string of sorrow. I was at the time of listening deeply in (new) love, Feb-May 2014.
However - it turned out relatively quicky into a "Love-bite" with traces of psychopathy. And I was wise enough to end it, because lies feed demons - and I chose not being part of it.

When We Were Young
And I really wanted that heartache. I chose it. That insight made me able to chose to leave it.

Metal and Dust
Very nice text - when you built your life / house in what you believed was love and lust - and as it rusts - all is just metal and dust. Nifty metaphor.

Since this past yucky year we have missed being able to go to festivals and live performances. One of our favs is the Cosmic American genre, a blend of bluegrass, country ballad, rock and blues. A pioneer in this field was Gene Clark, the Byrd who did not like to Fly but was instrumental in founding the genre. He died at age 46 from the same malady that afflicts many innately talented artists. Near the end of his life he teamed up with Carla Olsen to make "So Rebellious a Lover."

Andreas Vollenweider
"Behind the Gardens, Behind the Wall, Under the Tree..."

A classic; with flowing "spherical" moving tones - reminding me of youthful folly and playfulness - in a nice, unspoiled way. The music has a dignity of making a soul fly through landscapes. The giggle of the girl in the very beginning, was a cute addition, and the boy then making her focus; as if saying "Pssst...Quiet. Listen... Listen carefully !"

Unnecessary information
:lol:

I totally fell in love with this song (and kind of music) when I heard it the first time in 1986 in Stockholm (after a naked rendezvous with a really tough looking guy - which I was certain would not listen to that kind of music :wow:

Laura Welsh
Cold Front

Great Break up song (or; the time right before your realization of such outcome / development)

Laura Welsh
Breathe Me In

Another of her songs, her stunning voice and lyrics (break up songs / time before such an outcome)

Krister Linder
"Ghostfriend"
(Songs from the Silent Years)

Swedish Krister Linder is a remarkable singer - who unites text and music in a way, which reminded me of "somebody has been in touch with the universe". I discovered him in 2008-2009 - baffled over the depths of his song text (which were not immediately accessible to me at first - it came gradually with a deeper understanding)
It inspired me to another wave of photography with light painting; closer paired in expressing honest emotions.

Krister Linder
"Eternal Life"

Remarkable voice. "beneath the town of Ra.... "

Krister Linder
"Nothing Ever"

The video is a bit funky (?) - the music slow paced. (I often prefer to listen to his songs, not watching videos) Anyway - the video starts from the subway station of Gullmarsplan in Stockholm on a rainy day - which is my work space, literally :wow: The train moves over the bridge towards Skanstull.

Vibrasphere + Krister Linder
"Tierra Azul (Omnimotion ft. Krister Linder remix)"

Spherical, slow, beautiful - and with profound text which i believe gains greater understanding from people who are familiar with spirituality, as the meaning of the words changes...

Krister Linder
"Soft King Kong"

Softly flowing, strong gentle masculinity, spiritual undertones, loving !

Back
Top Bottom