What are you listening to?

"El Hai (feat. Ayten)"
Asura

Beautiful flowing, spherical kind of music slowly increasing music and vocals - with oriental flavors.

apparently there is a large current of people dis-COVering sea shanties. Or maybe there is a titanic genre of undercurrents that many are feeling.

Since roughly the end of December, TikTok has seen a rise in interest in videos of people not just singing sea shanties, but crafting impressive, a cappella arrangements of the tunes traditionally sung by crews on merchant sailing ships. Thanks to the platform's capacity for collaboration, folks don't have to be on the same ship to sing together. So far, videos tagged with #seashanty have more than 89 million views. And that number continues to grow as word spreads. On Tuesday, Google Trends tweeted that "sea shanties" had been searched more than at any other time in the platform's history. Spotify says more than 12,000 sea shanty playlists have come into being since the end of December.

It turns out lamenting being stuck on a whaling ship while running out of rum is the favored mood for the first week of 2021.

Let me introduce you Catania, Town of Sicily, to you

With dancing flavors that should rule the people of today, to overcome the dark prison forced on people to stay at home under lockdowns - but instead - by tapping into that intuitive, inherent sense of joy - we should just all burst out of the hourse, into the streets, and dance. At dusk when the mild air surrounds you, feel and hear the laughter, smiles and life itself - face to face, towards and with familiars and strangers.

LET LOOSE - THE SICILIAN STYLE !!!

Mario Venuti - Caduto dalle stelle (remix luka j master & carlo m)

The title means in English "Falling from the stars"

"Caduto dalle stelle" (official video/music)
Mario Venuti

Happy Birthday Popeye!! "I'm strong to the "finich" cause I eats me spinach"

Popeye the Sailor is a fictional American cartoon character created by Elzie Crisler Segar.[30][31][32][33] The character first appeared in the daily King Features comic strip Thimble Theatre on January 17, 1929, and Popeye became the strip's title in later years. The character has also appeared in theatrical and television animated cartoons.[32]
wiki

1610905862354.png

"HOWL"
Positively Dark

Powerful, dramatic tilted intro.
Makes me think of being a bird in stormy weather. Think Iceland. Scotland Highlands. A large scenery. It has a positive tone embedded.

"Together We Are..."
Positively Dark

Slow burning, interesting, mysterious music.

I intimately connect "Together We Are..." music with memories from Stromboli Volcano (North of Sicily), warm "tropic" nights, walking and climbing with anticipation through shady areas afoot the volcano you hear rumble - while thunderstorms mount in the distance.. until you finally see the lava fountains, cascades of red glow being thrown into the air. Sound booms vibrating, and you can feel it on your clothes. Breathtaking ! Mysterious ! Exciting.

strom0.jpg

strom1.jpg

strom2.jpg

strom3.jpg

"Together We Are..."
Positively Dark

Slow burning, interesting, mysterious music.

I intimately connect "Together We Are..." music with memories from Stromboli Volcano (North of Sicily), warm "tropic" nights, walking and climbing with anticipation through shady areas afoot the volcano you hear rumble - while thunderstorms mount in the distance.. until you finally see the lava fountains, cascades of red glow being thrown into the air. Sound booms vibrating, and you can feel it on your clothes. Breathtaking ! Mysterious ! Exciting
I don't usually like electronic music so much, but here it fits wonderfully. I love your photos, really fascinating and together with the music you can lose yourself in them.... Thanks for sharing :love:

I don't usually like electronic music so much, but here it fits wonderfully. I love your photos, really fascinating and together with the music you can lose yourself in them.... Thanks for sharing :love:

Back in time

at my homepage since year 2000, I used to combine photo series with (flash) music in the background - like a guide - in which the music played an important roll while watching photo series. (Now there isn't any music left, and Flash is all but dead) :cry:

Anyway; I was often oriented towards electronic (background) music with special "flow", and "harmony" in it, giving the soul a lift... to wander and travel (while looking at photos)

I am glad @Mililea you could feel the flow in the music. Well, on top, there is a lot of talent in you. Your voice and guitar skills - I listened to it yesterday - was really beautiful :love:

Mama Mia, it is just so fascinating to take part, and witness how much talent and skills reside (in so many different ways) within people all across the world.

💕

I was often oriented towards electronic (background) music with special "flow", and "harmony" in it, giving the soul a lift... to wander and travel (while looking at photos)
Do you know this guy? I used to hear his music to fly away in my thoughts... he also uses elektronic parts or loops his own music while he is playing... I saw him live in Germany... absolutely amazing... touching my soul...

And he is also worth to hear:

Do you know this guy? I used to hear his music to fly away in my thoughts... he also uses elektronic parts or loops his own music while he is playing... I saw him live in Germany... absolutely amazing... touching my soul...

And he is also worth to hear:

No, I don't know him. But now I do :thup:

:wow: my husband just passed by the computer on the way to take a nap, hearing the music you put out by Ólafur Arnald's 'Improviations' and said "Nice music !"

Boy and it really is beautiful !
This is the kind of music that is well suited to guide photo series. Perhaps a photo series that is serious, has a darker streak, or deals with melancholic emotions. Suits really splendid !

Thank you for the hint Miliea !

This thread "What are you listening to?" has such a wealth in terms of music suggestions - I love diving around here.

I only wished I would be able to combine background music with photo series on my homepage - but have not figured out how to do that in a good way (in terms of coding, embedding, navigation and such). Total amateur here, relying on very old "skills" - which are hopelessly outdated. I really miss the combo of music + photo series.

As I am still listening to Ólafur Arnalds "improvisations", I can already see "the images passing by" through my inner eye...

Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. Plato :love:
I only wished I would be able to combine background music with photo series on my homepage
The easiest way to do this is via simple video programmes. I simply use the pre-installed ones on my computer or mobile phone. Like here... :flowers:

Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. Plato :love:

The easiest way to do this is via simple video programmes. I simply use the pre-installed ones on my computer or mobile phone. Like here... :flowers:

You mean combining photography and music in videos ?

To be really honest, I am not a big fan of that, because of the video sizes (download traffic), would result into far too high traffic on my webpage (easily hitting the threshold / traffic limit per month) Also qualitywise, I am no friend of showing photography via videos.

It's very effective, yes - but feels to me more like a "hack", a quick & dirty version.

It sounds like a lot of "no's " from my side I am aware of that :scared: but when it comes visual photo quality, I am very keen about keeping it at the highest possible level - like when I make real prints in the darkroom. It may or may not be an ego thing, but I just love when photoquality stands out from the crowd. I have seen to many weird "compromizes" which ultimately made the photography degraded.

The goal is still, to make the viewer really feel embedded into a journey, and counteract the impulse of "in and out" in a few seconds.

(This mindset comes from many, many photo competitions I have won in the past, 80s, 90s - where I tried to "think outside the box, in order to come up with something, that stood out).

But also from the time, in which it was indeed possible to navigate on my homepage (manually), from photo to photo, like pages in a book, while the (flash) music was separated (in a hidden separate "frame") playing in the background - so that the viewer was able to "flip through the book from photo to the next, without interruption of the music)

This way I was able to keep the quality of the photos very high (as JPG's) and change the orientation of the image, between horizontal and vertical - without any disturbing elements in the way (black corners). It is also about being able to change images in hindsight (e.g. correction, thing I overlooked) without having to remake the entire gallery.

Nevertheless

- it is a challenge, and the best way to solve it, is for me to dig in deeper (again), trying to solve it, by reading, studying and experimenting more about newer tech, which may give me answers how to combine slideshows with background music. It's just the music you recommended - immediate made my passion and longing to flare up wanting to do "slideshow galleries" with music.

I am still listening to Ólafur Arnalds "Improvisations" :wow: It is spellbinding.

Thank you for your effort, Milliea 💕

Back
Top Bottom