What to do when you realise you're lucid dreaming

I, too, have been having a limited amount of deja vu occurring in small ways. Such as reading something that has been just posted by individuals in different groups that I swear I have already read, etc.

So after reading Tigersoap's post, I decided to look up deja vu in the C's sessions, here's what I found:

[quote author=session 970104]Q: (L) So, the universe you are in, is what it is, and you are in
it for some reason... (T) You're in it to learn lessons... just to
change the universe because you don't want to learn the
lessons you've chosen to learn... (L) Or, you have learned
them and thereby CAN change the universe... (T) When you
learn, you just move on automatically, you don't have to
change the universe. The universe will change for you.
A: Deja vu comes to you compliments of 4th density STS.
Q: (L) Is deja vu a result of some sensation of the universe
having changed?
A: Or... some sensation of reality bridging.
Q: (T) As you move into the new one, you have leftovers?
A: No.
Q: (L) What is reality bridging?
A: What does it sound like?
Q: (L) Is it somewhat like merging universes? (T) A bridge is
something you put between two things...
A: You wish to limit, wait till 4th density, when the word will
be obsolete!
Q: (L) That still doesn't help me to understand deja vu as a
"sensation of reality bridging." Is deja vu because something
comes into our reality from another?
A: One possibility..
Q: (T) Didn't we talk about this? That it is a bleed through
from other dimensions... that when we think we have been
someplace before, it is because in another dimension we
have...
A: Yes.
Q: (L) If you are now in a particular universe that has been
created and merged by 4th density STS, and there is still the
old universe existing, and you feel a connection, or a bridging,
because some alternate self is in that alternate universe, living
through some experience... or a similar thing?
A: No limits of possibilities. [/quote]

I've wondered if there are different types of deja vu depending on what's been changed. I've had experiences where it seemed like "someone hit a reset button" in my thinking. It happened 3 times in a row on the same issue I was contemplating when I first found the Wave material. It was different from the deja vu described as "I've been here before. It was as if "I forgot I remembered" If that makes sense. :/ Has anyone else experienced different deja vu instances as I've hopefully described?

It's always great to hear something new from the C's....

[From the Cs:

[quote Session 3 Sept 2008]

(...)
Q: ... I'd like to know exactly what is lucid dreaming?

A: Partly conscious awareness while other systems are still switched off and subconscious bleeds through. Can be hypnogogic or hypnopompic or "other" states.

Q: (L) Well, is it a useful state for finding out what's going on in your subconscious, or changing your reality or anything like that?

A: It can be useful for entertainment mainly.

Q: (L) So there are no outstanding benefits to be obtained from practicing so-called lucid dreaming?

A: Not really.

Q: (L) Anything else about lucid dreaming? (DD) I had one yesterday! (Ark) Cheap movies! (laughter)
(...)

An interesting thread, but it looks like it ends up being a lot of sound and fury and little more. I wonder though, is the "dreaming" Carlos Castaneda spoke of basically more lucid dreaming intertainment/nonsense, or is that some other state of consiouness/(different positon of the assemblage point)? What about remote viewing? Seems some powerful forces, (STS forces most likely) have used that state of consiouness to gain verifiable info. Or is that more disinfo? What about the work of Robert Monroe - "Jouneys out of the body"? Which I read long ago and was fascinated by it at the time. Was what he experienced lucid dreaming or something else? Looking back now, and after reading this forum and SOTT's work in general - I bet Monroe's stuff, along with Casteneda's "dreaming" was just more STS initiated disinfo. I searched the forum for "remote viewing" and "Robert Monroe" and found nothing.

Still...

Did the gubermint sink a lot of money into RV as reported in various dubious venues like Coast to Coast? It seems, based upon what I have read that there may be a little bit of fire behind a lot of smoke.

I have not mentioned or cited any sources about RV and I apologize for that, I will do some digging and I hope others will as well if there is any interest. (or just bake this noodle), I did read some of Joseph Mcmoneagle's work on remote viewing. He claims to be part of a former Mil/Gov. sponsored program.

And then there's reports of people having Near Death Experiences, NDE's where the person involved got information that was later verified.

Laura said:
From the Cs:

[quote Session 3 Sept 2008]

(...)
Q: ... I'd like to know exactly what is lucid dreaming?

A: Partly conscious awareness while other systems are still switched off and subconscious bleeds through. Can be hypnogogic or hypnopompic or "other" states.

Q: (L) Well, is it a useful state for finding out what's going on in your subconscious, or changing your reality or anything like that?

A: It can be useful for entertainment mainly.

Q: (L) So there are no outstanding benefits to be obtained from practicing so-called lucid dreaming?

A: Not really.

Q: (L) Anything else about lucid dreaming? (DD) I had one yesterday! (Ark) Cheap movies! (laughter)
(...)

:lol: :clap:

Granted, most of my current dreams are nothing but medication farts. Instead of turning into nightmares, here's to "Twister--the Musical". :thup:

Its interesting hypnogogic and hypnopompic states are mentioned. I just completed a sleep study earlier this week, and those were two points the literature didn't mention. Here's hoping the tests show what's going on in there other than my mind in a hamster wheel. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Gimpy

Mark said:
Did the gubermint sink a lot of money into RV as reported in various dubious venues like Coast to Coast? It seems, based upon what I have read that there may be a little bit of fire behind a lot of smoke.

I have not mentioned or cited any sources about RV and I apologize for that, I will do some digging and I hope others will as well if there is any interest. (or just bake this noodle), I did read some of Joseph Mcmoneagle's work on remote viewing. He claims to be part of a former Mil/Gov. sponsored program.

I was looking into something similar last week, and came across these (there may be more):

http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/cosmic_cointelpro_1974.htm

http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/cosmic_cointelpro_1981.htm

http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/cosmic_cointelpro_1983.htm

http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/cosmic_cointelpro_1996.htm

Mark said:
An interesting thread, but it looks like it ends up being a lot of sound and fury and little more. I wonder though, is the "dreaming" Carlos Castaneda spoke of basically more lucid dreaming intertainment/nonsense, or is that some other state of consiouness/(different positon of the assemblage point)? What about remote viewing? Seems some powerful forces, (STS forces most likely) have used that state of consiouness to gain verifiable info. Or is that more disinfo? What about the work of Robert Monroe - "Jouneys out of the body"?

From what I understand astral journey and Dreaming are other states of consciousness (compared to lucide dreaming).

Here are some threads dealing with those topics :
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=5372.0
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=4681.0
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=1363.0

Tigersoap said:
I sometimes get a lot of deja vu but I am not always clear if this was from a dream or not

i am not quite clear also. It's the moments when I am asleep, but not really... i am "conscious" but not really. It's something very similar to "visions" when i have a fever.

i also wonder, if it could be one of the i's that have a problem sleeping when and busy planning strategy for the day. That's another question, do all i's sleep when we do ? I am asking because sometimes i am "busting" something awake, while i am sleeping.

Tigersoap said:
I also wondered if, being mechanical as people are, what if in certain circumstances (?), you'd be able to see the course of your actions beforehand.

Do you mean accidentally ?

Tigersoap said:
If you are not involved in any work on yourself, it must be pretty easy for those who can, to "forecast" or even "suggest" what will happen to you.
Maybe because you are doing the "work" it would shape your ability to perceive such loops, the less mechanical you are, the more free will you get to decide what you will DO, well until you see the whole deck in front of you.

Exactly. Like G. says to machine everything happens, it does not DO.

No matter what it is, only DOing work can render these "suggestions" neutral.

I am not even quite sure that my pondering in this direction is nothing more then distraction from doing work. Doesn't it seem i look too busy finding what to blame for my mechanical behavior ? :o

Azur and Belibaste...

Thanks for the links. Azur - reads like a veritable roll-call of cointelpro of "usual suspects" and "Stargate Conspiracists".

Belibaste - great info, especially how emphasis on such areas are a distraction from real Work and can be very dangerous.

Mark said:

An excellent book on the subject is PSI Spies by Jim Marrs. Not only does it provide a lot of great info on how the Army used RV, you will also be given a lot of other sources by Marrs from which to continue your resarch. :) Here's one thread about the book - http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=7618.0

agni said:
i also wonder, if it could be one of the i's that have a problem sleeping when and busy planning strategy for the day. That's another question, do all i's sleep when we do ? I am asking because sometimes i am "busting" something awake, while i am sleeping.

You get them while going to sleep right ?
I meant that I get them any time of the day, I sometimes did get dejà-vu but from dreams I had years before (If I am not making up things when it happens of course) but I am not sure. Which would somehow be "normal" because if time does not exist, then it all happens at the same time osit.

What do you mean by "busting" something awake ? Is that your inner cop ?? :D

My many I's aren't sleeping in my dreams in any case, they always make me uncomfortable and try to make me do stuff I don't want :D

[quote author=agni]Do you mean accidentally ?[/quote]

Yes, I suppose it might happen for almost anyone by "chance".
It's not uncommon to hear stories about pre-science of events for really mundane things osit.

That just makes me think about, if an OP went to a medium could he predict things more accurately than a non-OP ?
I could be wrong but it's in my idea that OP's would have less opportunity to develop their free-will and ability to DO
but maybe I totally-off there.

Tigersoap said:
agni said:

You get them while going to sleep right ?

I'd say in both hypnogogic and hypnopompic state, but more of the former. Sometimes i would wake up in the midle of the night and catch some part of me "thinking" and it feels it's been on it for a while.

[quote author=Tigersoap]
I meant that I get them any time of the day, I sometimes did get dejà-vu but from dreams I had years before (If I am not making up things when it happens of course) but I am not sure. Which would somehow be "normal" because if time does not exist, then it all happens at the same time osit.[/quote]

That makes sense. i did not take time illusion into account.

[quote author=Tigersoap]What do you mean by "busting" something awake ? Is that your inner cop ?? :D [/quote]

More of an neighborhood watch ;) For being so mechanical, I can’t afford not to keep an eye on self.

[quote author=Tigersoap]My many I's aren't sleeping in my dreams in any case, they always make me uncomfortable and try to make me do stuff I don't want :D [/quote]

Good point, then i guess i can say i's never sleep :)

[quote author=Tigersoap]That just makes me think about, if an OP went to a medium could he predict things more accurately than a non-OP ?
I could be wrong but it's in my idea that OP's would have less opportunity to develop their free-will and ability to DO
but maybe I totally-off there.[/quote]

I can't say for sure, but i think it would be as hard for an OP probably because medium would have to take in consideration actions of OP's "operators" which could be multiple. Plus both OP & Non-OP are still machines. Predicting action of a machine would be problematic.

agni said:
I'd say in both hypnogogic and hypnopompic state, but more of the former. Sometimes i would wake up in the midle of the night and catch some part of me "thinking" and it feels it's been on it for a while.

yeah I can relate as well, it's like my brain never stops talking to itself or singing tunes I haven't heard in weeks.

agni said:
I can't say for sure, but i think it would be as hard for an OP probably because medium would have to take in consideration actions of OP's "operators" which could be multiple. Plus both OP & Non-OP are still machines. Predicting action of a machine would be problematic.

Thanks, I am certainly over simplifying the whole matter.
I don't really know after all :|

I have this assumption that "machines" would be more predictable, the more complex the machine the more different outcomes can happen I suppose.

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to Laura, C's et al for asking the question on lucid dreaming.

Tigersoap said:
agni said:

yeah I can relate as well, it's like my brain never stops talking to itself or singing tunes I haven't heard in weeks.

Interesting, I find my usual state (and it has been for the last few years) is conversations. By this I mean one of my I's is probably talking to another, it even goes as far as feeling like I'm still talking on the forum I've been visiting to the people on it, or talking to friends etc.
I use to think maybe I was actually talking to them at some level, more likely my own I's.....
I never usually remember the conversations though.

Perhaps I should focus on letting my mind rest at night...lol

The last one I had of these I do rememebr though (about 2 weeks ago), I was supposidly at laura's house, and wanted to ask a few questions about the work (I don't remember what), and was talking to someone about that. Thinking about it, the someone I talk to is always on my right hand side in the dreams....
Anyway, I got worried because I couldn't find laura, then mentioned the C's and it turned into a lucid dream for a second or 2...
I then noticed light (like being woken up by someone turning your bedroom light on), as soon as I noticed it (and got scared of what it may be) it flashed on and off a few times as I woke up...
I speculated a bit about that....all I can come up with is dreaming is a weird old thing, and mentioning the C's in a dream makes it weirder...

Speaking of lucid dreams, I had one last night. I've been reading a book on the Psychopathology of Adolf Hitler over the last few days, mostly just a chapter or two before going to bed. So, last night, I read the obligatory chapter and then went to sleep. I woke up at about 2 a.m. for a pit stop, went back to sleep. Then the dream began. I dreamed I was writing a post on the forum here and it was about Hitler and I was going to talk about his really bizarre sex life (which was the topic of the chapter I had just read), but I couldn't remember the word that described it. Now, I KNOW this word, have written about it numerous times and I thought that to myself in the dream. But no matter which way I went in my head, I couldn't break through the block against that word.

I realized that I was dreaming, so I told myself: okay, this is a dream and you are dreaming about the forum. You have written on the forum about this before, so just use the search function and find the post and the word will be there.

The only problem was, I couldn't think of a closely associated term in the post where I knew the word I was looking for would be, so I had to use the search term "Hitler" and it brought up so many posts that I knew it would take a long time to find the right one.

Well, I decided that I had better wake up a bit more and then I would be able to get the word. I did that. No dice. Then I decided that I would wake up, go to the bathroom, deliberately NOT think about the word, and that way it would surely come to me.

So, I did that. Now here, you can be sure that I actually did get up and go to the bathroom. I even took a drink of water from my desk as I passed through on the way to the bathroom. I checked the clock and it was about 5:30 a.m. When I got back to bed, before I got in the bed, I tried to get the word but it still was "walled off" from my reach. I said "heck with it" and got back in bed and went back to sleep.

I woke up at 7:30 and the word was there: coprophilia. I couldn't imagine how it was that I couldn't get the word and say it in my dream.

Keep in mind, it wasn't that I didn't remember the word, it was that I couldn't "access" it. That happens to me with a few words since my auto accident in 1994. The word I had the biggest problem with then was "oleander." I simply could not get a synaptic path to that word. I had to recreate the path by thinking of Napoleon who had a competition for the formula for a butter substitute - oleomargarine - and once I had the "oleo" part, I could say "oleander." For awhile, I had to go through that whole series of associations to get to the word, but after awhile, it became automatic and it was no longer "lost" to me.

It was pretty strange. The brain is strange.

Reminds me of an episode of a Batman cartoon I used to watch as a kid.

wiki said:
Bruce Wayne wakes up to find that his dearest wish has come true: his parents are not dead, and he is not and has never been Batman. Not only that, he's been recently engaged to Selina Kyle. At first he's ecstatic, but a number of clues force him to the conclusion that somehow this is all an elaborate charade. His quest to find the truth eventually pits Bruce against Batman in a surreal battle atop a church tower. Only then does he realize that he is trapped in a dream world created entirely by the Mad Hatter's mind control. In order to wake up for real, he commits suicide by jumping off the church tower. He then returns to the real world and takes the Mad Hatter down. As Gordon wonders what the device that made the dream world is, Batman walks away with the famous line from Shakespeare's The Tempest: "The stuff that dreams are made of."

The thing that made Batman realise he was dreaming was that he couldn't read anything. When he opened a book (or something) the words and letters would dance around on the page. At first he couldn't understand it, but then figured it out by remembering that when we dream, it's the right hemisphere which creates the illusion of the dream and is active, and the left hemisphere is in charge of words and logical understanding, and is inactive.

I don't know how accurate that is but I found this:

-http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1837

Though these parts of the brain are all active during REM sleep, it is important to know that the two hemispheres of the brain work unilaterally in dreaming. The right hemisphere of the brain actually creates and displays the dream, shown by an increase in blood flow and electrophysiological stimulation in that hemisphere during REM. The right hemisphere uses a form of visual-spatial and emotional language, which creates the themes and images of the dream through remembered emotions. These sorts of memories, such as those used as the material for dreaming, and those that later will become the remembered dream are called lateralized memories, for they are only remembered by one hemisphere of the brain, the right(1).

So, the idea presented in the cartoon is that the left hemisphere which controls language, is inactive during a dream and so we can't read or see/understand words. I don't know how true that is, just a FWIW.

T.C.

Back
Top Bottom