What's for breakfast?

Big fan of the 'english fry up' consiting of bacon non gluten pork sausage fried tomatoes ( i know its not the best idea but i love em and after giving up gluten and cheese i think i need some kind of reward ;) ) and a free range seed fed chickens egg. I always thought it would kill me but no cornflakes will!!!! we live in the most topsy turvy world.

EGVG, I see you've changed you profile pic.. that one made me laugh :P. Got my buckweat and grapeseed oil ready for blinis tomorrow.. cooked in local coconut oil, yum

rice and a sausage from whole-foods, I trust these sausages most compared to other places. I'm going to have to try making buckwheat pancakes again, I'm inspired from your post c.a.

fisheye said:
EGVG, I see you've changed you profile pic.. that one made me laugh :P. Got my buckweat and grapeseed oil ready for blinis tomorrow.. cooked in local coconut oil, yum

LOL yeah I like to change it :) . Today I had bacon with scramble eggs super simple, super classic, super tasty!

This morning, 2 bacon in blini sarnies. Thanks for the idea Laura, quite filling and they were lovely.

my new favourite.. blini's seasoned with cinnamon and vanilla bean, heaped with local berries and raw honey on top

Every Sunday I fry up a package of nitrate-free bacon and mix up a batch of gluten-free pancakes. I take five storage baggies and portion out a couple pancakes and two slices of bacon in each for breakfast Monday through Friday as I refuse to get up one second earlier for work just to cook breakfast. :P The night before I'll take some frozen berries out and put them in a container to thaw in the fridge, so I grab one pack of pancakes/bacon, and the container of berries on my way out the door, and nuke them at work.

Mrs. Peel said:
Every Sunday I fry up a package of nitrate-free bacon and mix up a batch of gluten-free pancakes. I take five storage baggies and portion out a couple pancakes and two slices of bacon in each for breakfast Monday through Friday as I refuse to get up one second earlier for work just to cook breakfast. :P The night before I'll take some frozen berries out and put them in a container to thaw in the fridge, so I grab one pack of pancakes/bacon, and the container of berries on my way out the door, and nuke them at work.

Mrs. Peel, that is hilarious. You are a very, very efficient 'sleeper-inner'.

Depends how much time do I have to make breakfast:

1st option: 2-3 slices of bacon and a pork sausage - fried in lard.
2nd option: 3 fried slices of bacon, 2-3 blinis and 2 fried eggs.
3rd option: 2 - eggs omelet with grounded pork.

Some lettuce if i have it in the fridge

2 Small burgers made from ground beef ( 83% lean - why lean? that 's what I got from whole foods and trader joes ). Most of the ground read meat I could found is minimum 80% Lean there.
small cup of fried sweet potato in duck fat.
uncooked organic carrot.

seek10 said:
2 Small burgers made from ground beef ( 83% lean - why lean? that 's what I got from whole foods and trader joes ). Most of the ground read meat I could found is minimum 80% Lean there.

Huh, the Whole Foods near me only has 95% lean ground meats. I am lucky if I find 90% lean. They won't bother getting any more fat because they say too many people want the lean meat. Guess I will need to find another source but I don't want to have to drive too far, especially with gas prices on the rise.

Nicolas said:
seek10 said:

Huh, the Whole Foods near me only has 95% lean ground meats. I am lucky if I find 90% lean. They won't bother getting any more fat because they say too many people want the lean meat. Guess I will need to find another source but I don't want to have to drive too far, especially with gas prices on the rise.

Or you could order a gallon of grass-fed beef tallow and add extra to your cooked burgers. Try US Wellness for the tallow and fattier ground beef.

LQB said:
Nicolas said:
seek10 said:

Or you could order a gallon of grass-fed beef tallow and add extra to your cooked burgers. Try US Wellness for the tallow and fattier ground beef.

Wow, thanks for the link LQB! I will certainly give them a try.

Most often I'm eating the left overs from the day before.

So this is mainly one chicken wing and pork (the food for the rest of the day) and milk thistle tea.

Today was a large round of bacon, a turkey and bacon sausage pattie fried in lard, and a little buckwheat flake ‘porridge’. Yesterday was a buckwheat oven pancake made with two eggs and topped off with chopped streaky bacon fried in lard.

Back
Top Bottom