What's the weather where you are?

Northern Italy, the heat wave has come back :mad:, the temperatures are reaching 35°-37° C during the day but it feels much hotter thanks to the high humidity in the air. The heat wave it supposed to last at least till 15- 16 of august, so far this is the hottest summer that i experienced since I'm in Italy( 6 years). One day at work i was talking with a gentleman, we were complaining about the weather and at some point he said to me half joking that this summer being so hot is no good sign and the next winter we will pay becuase of it dearly :D. You know he may be right, will see.

Here, Santiago de Chile, 14:26, 11° C and rain, rain, rain, rain, and rain never stops throughout central zone of Chile. Cheers.

Merci de nous tenir au courant de la météo dans vos parties du monde...
Sur la Côte d'Azur, en France, il fait bien chaud et toujours pas de pluie, la sècheresse est bien là...

Thank you for keeping us informed of the weather in your part of the world ...
On the Côte d'Azur, in France, it is very hot and still no rain, drought is there ...

Today in Hong Kong was the hottest day in 130 years since record keeping began - mercury hit 37.8 degrees Celsius, beating the previous high of 36.1 degrees C...

Typhoon Soudelor struck Taiwan early Saturday (their time). While the winds were not horrific (about 100 mph) ... the rain certainly was. In one area, 51 inches came down. Fifty one inches of rain!

This is going beyond sheets I think.

sitting said:
Typhoon Soudelor struck Taiwan early Saturday (their time). While the winds were not horrific (about 100 mph) ... the rain certainly was. In one area, 51 inches came down. Fifty one inches of rain!

Holy Frijoles! That is NOACHIAN RAIN!!!!!!

Meanwhile, it started raining this morning here and has rained off and on all day (after a fairly hot couple of days) and the temp is currently 17 C. It was down to 15 C earlier. It's forecast continue raining through tomorrow and start clearing on Monday.

Lots of rain in the north of Buenos Aires. Flooded places, many families just lost everything they had, it's a real emergency and it doesn't seem to get any better in the short time.

Bearably hot here west of Ukraine, no rain. Our weather website changed its forecast to a higher steady 34°C, from lower temp predictions couple of days earlier. Water poured on the body disappears in ~15 minutes.

After temps in the low 30s, the 5th, and 6th were much cooler with highs of 20 and heavy rain. The 7th was heavy rain until about 10AM then the sky cleared, with temp at 20. Today is sunny with an expected high of 27. The forecast for this coming week is sunny and clear with highs 30-32.
Going by the hot days followed by significantly cooler temperatures and heavy rain, I'm a little apprehensive about what is to follow after this hot spell. It was only 12 days ago when South Western Manitoba experienced that humungous 3 hour tornado, which was part of the same storm system that hit my neck of the woods, South Central Saskatchewan, which was preceded by hot sunny weather.
Signs of The Times indeed. :shock:

Lower Austria / Vienna

We had the hottest July ever since recording temperaturs in Austria started - which was 248 years ago. Heat started already in June with temperatures rising up to 39 degrees, then there was a little break from July 26th to app. August 1. Since then we have hot temperatures again - about 35, 36, 37, 38 degrees C.
It is really very hot. ;) You have to be careful with people because of the heat, they act different . . .

P.S. And no end in sight - the hot temperatures are supposed to stay at least until Friday 14th of August. And probably longer . . .

Central Alberta is still dry. Drought conditions, and grasshoppers decimating the crops, and gardens. (My first tobacco crop has taken a heavy hit). Last year hay was $30 a bail, and this year will be around $250, as noone is getting a second cut this year.

EDMONTON — Two more counties in Alberta have declared states of agriculture disaster due to heat and drought.

Wetaskiwin County and Lamont County made the designation Wednesday.

Hay producers in the area are getting less of a hay crop and it has led to a shortage throughout the county and the province.
Related

Fourth generation farmer Joey Bendoritis stands in his filed in Leduc County the same day council declared a State of Agricultural Disaster. More Alberta counties declare Agricultural Disasters
Dry conditions prompt Parkland County to declare state of agricultural disaster. Several Alberta counties consider declaring states of agricultural disaster
Thorhild County and Leduc County declared local States of Agricultural Disaster Tuesday, July 21, 2015. Yellowhead and Westlock counties latest to declare States of Agricultural Disaster

READ MORE: ‘What do I do with my cattle?’: Alberta farmers struggle with near drought

The county, and several others in Alberta, has also noticed a bigger than usual grasshopper population and producers are considering selling off livestock because they aren’t making enough money.

Several other counties have already declared states of agricultural disaster and are seeking government help for ruined crops.

Agriculture Minister Oneil Carlier is scheduled to give an update Thursday on growing conditions in the province as well as government programs to assist producers.

-http://globalnews.ca/news/2150481/another-alberta-county-declares-state-of-agriculture-disaster-due-to-drought/

On an interesting sidenote, i have found out that a few farmers that i know do not, and never have used any chemicals on their crops, so they are organic, and they have better yeilds than the new style farmers.

Edit: spelling.

Laura said:
sitting said:

I agree Laura.

I think it's a fore taste of what's to come. And of all ancient myths, Noah's Flood is the one that resonates most vividly in our subconscious minds. Across all cultures it seems.

Rained all day. 15 C in the morning, 16 C all the rest of the day. Not normal August weather in South Central France.

sitting said:
Laura said:
sitting said:

I agree Laura.

I think it's a fore taste of what's to come. And of all ancient myths, Noah's Flood is the one that resonates most vividly in our subconscious minds. Across all cultures it seems.
2015-08-09.cant.keep.calm.png

[url=https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic said:
A: New world coming.
[...]
Q: (L) What did you mean by, "New world coming"?
A: You are in the transition and it will accelerate dramatically soon.
Q: (L) So you're saying that - as we have speculated ourselves - everything that used to be prophesied for the future, now we're in it; It's happening.
A: Yes. Isn't it grand?
[url=https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=35207.0]Session 21 June 2014[/url] said:
Q: (L) Umm... Is this something that we're going to consider to be beneficial? {laughter}
A: It's like having a baby: blood, water, pain, but :love: joy :bacon: when it is over.

Back
Top Bottom