What's the weather where you are?

Arwenn said:
Mid North Coast NSW Australia

Been a very mild autumn, with average mid-day temps getting up as high as 25 degrees Celsius. The past two weeks, it has started to get cool down with tops of 17 degrees C. Not much rain about at all though.

Hello Arwenn, I guess you are getting plenty of rain today, I see that the whole coast of New South Wales is getting extreme weather at the moment, with higher than normal seas, high winds and lots of rain, up to eight inches in some parts. apparently this kind of weather pattern has not been seen for the past sixty years. My cousin in New Zealand reported that they had a couple of tornadoes there recently. I'm sixty miles inland so we're not getting the worst of it, but there has been some rain, which as you say is very welcome on the farms.

https://fr.sott.net/article/28338-L-Ile-de-France-cale-la-Seine-monte-perturbations-evacuations-envisagees

The Île-de-France hold: the Seine rises, disturbances, considered evacuations. . .

Le Figaro
Fri., June 3, 2016 4:10 p.m. UTC
The Zouave of the bridge of Alma, Paris, now has hips in water. This Parisian statue, which serves as a benchmark to see the rise of the Seine in the capital, confirms indicated by the surveys: the river level continues to rise. Friday afternoon, it reached 6 meters in height which should 'have downstream impacts', west of the capital, with 'possible evacuations,' according to the Ministry of the Environment.

© E1
The Zouave of the Alma Bridge looks impassive flooded Paris
The increase is expected to last until early evening, reaching a peak around 6.30 meters, higher than the flood of 1982 (6.15 meters). 'The flood peak is expected on Paris tonight to 6.30 m or 6.50 m in worst case scenarios. It should be noted that this will be a plateau of a peak, this high level to remain relatively stable throughout the weekend before starting the recession.

There should be downstream impacts of Paris on Le Bois de Boulogne, Ile de la Jatte, Saint-Germain island and to Rueil-Malmaison (flood peak expected Saturday morning) with possible evacuations, 'the ministry said. According BFMTV, two sixteenth arrondissement of apartments in the basement were flooded earlier this afternoon.

The forecast was revised upward because 'the flood of the Marne is more important than what was estimated, because it did rain on the basin of the Marne yesterday. When the flood of the Marne and Seine coming together, it adds 'said Friday morning the Director of the Regional Directorate and interdepartmental Environment and Energy. This level 'will be stable for some time. It's going down slowly, but it will come down much more slowly than it has ascended, 'he added.

Alerts maintained despite the lull

According to the Weather Channel *, the following departments are kept in amber alert:

18 - Cher, 36 - Indre 37 - Indre-et-Loire 41 - Loir-et-Cher 45 - Loiret 75 - Paris 77 - Seine-et-Marne, 78 - Yvelines, 91 - Essonne 92 - Hauts-de-Seine 93 - Seine-Saint-Denis 94 - Val-de-Marne, 95 - Val-d'Oise.

The trend is yet to lull. According to The Weather Channel, depression that struck France will gradually move towards the Southeast departments, before disappearing. This weekend, the rain will not to go to the affected departments by the weather. Only a few thunderstorms will occur in Picardy and Champagne-Ardenne and in the Hauts-de-France.

Paris at the time of caution

Uneaqua barrier began to be installed Friday morning at an electric transformer station near the Pont de l'Alma in Paris to protect this installation of the rising waters of the Seine.

The southern section of the RER C is 'totally closed' Friday night between Paris Austerlitz and Pontoise Paris between Austerlitz and bleach. Two metro stations and a train station has already been closed preventively: Cluny la Sorbonne on line 10 and Saint-Michel on the RER B line 4. For the weather-related disruptions also add those related to the strike against the labor law (see below).

In the Parisian museums along the Seine, it was Thursday combat commotion to put part of the collections at the shelter, year to which they are preparing for several years. From 2:30 p.m. Friday the Grand Palace was closed to the public 'as a preventive measure,' a statement said. The Louvre was to prepare the protection of works and the Musée d'Orsay, which canceled its Thursday night announced remain closed until Tuesday to allow the movement of reserves. The François Mitterrand National Library will be closed to the public.

The National Assembly expects his side the possible outbreak of the 'flood plan' by the prefecture to put too protected the works stored in the reserves of the basement of the Palais Bourbon.

At least one death in Seine-et-Marne, Essonne underwater

The departments affected by the weather 'have set up an emergency reception for 20. 000 evacuees to date' and expect new peaks of flood, said Friday the Assembly of France (ADF ). In Seine-et-Marne, over 7,600 people were evacuated.

On Thursday, a rider has been 'washed away' of Yerres in Evry-Grégy-on-Yerre, according to the Prefecture. The horse was able to return the bank but the body of the 74 year old man was found two hours later by firefighters, downstream of the river. On Friday, the Minister of the Environment praised Ségolène Royal on BFM-TV 'extraordinary solidarity that is in place,' but said that the 'recession is very slow' and that vigilance must therefore remain important. The minister returned to the villages evacuated over France.

At Corbeil-Essonnes (Essonne), where the Seine reached 4m76 to 5 hours, the situation is contained according to the deputy mayor who directs operations. Manuel Valls has to go on Friday afternoon in the department, especially in Longjumeau, whose center was completely flooded and residents without electricity and heating, were evacuated by boats.

Other flood peaks expected in France

Cher is also at a very high level and flood peaks are expected Friday night or Saturday, according Vigicrues. Concerned, the important contribution of rivers upstream such as Yèvre, the Arnon or Sauldre. Indre will also come inflate the Loire from Friday because of rain records for the previous day season. Just like the Seine, the Loire is going to reach its highest level Friday evening.

disrupted transport

Access to the A4 motorway from the Paris ring road was closed in the afternoon, said the national center of road information. The floods have made it impossible to traffic near Orléans, in the Loiret. Two sections of the A10, cut off since Tuesday morning, were locally reopened Thursday night but access to the highway is still banned after the tollgate of Saint-Arnoult (Yvelines).

On the side of the railway, traffic was also disrupted by the strike against the labor law. N on the line, no train runs between Plaisir Grignon and Mantes-la-Jolie, traffic also being 'disrupted' between Paris Montparnasse and Versailles. P on the line, the traffic is interrupted 'for several days' between Tournan and Coulommiers and the R line between Morêt and Montargis, municipalities affected by the floods.

The SNCF president Guillaume Pepy said he hopes the suspension of the strike in the public company in the name of 'solidarity' with the French in particular who suffer the consequences of bad weather. He referred to the 'catastrophic' flooding on the railway network, especially in the Ile-de-France, damage that will count in his tens of millions of euros.

20. 000 evacuees, many power cuts

In total, since the beginning of the heavy rains last weekend, 20 000 people were evacuated and taken away by the rescue services during 16. 000 interventions throughout the territory. In the Val d'Oise, over 9,000 homes were still without power Friday morning, and during the schools, colleges and high schools were suspended in 60 communes of the Loing basin.

'The state of natural disaster will be recognized'

Faced with significant material damage noted above Paris, the 'state of natural disaster will be recognized' on Wednesday, promised President Francois Hollande. The Prime Minister had announced from Nemours Thursday the establishment of 'a special support fund' for local communities affected by the floods and promised quick implementation of natural disaster procedures.

Field crops, market gardening, arboriculture as livestock are affected by floods in the Ile-de-France said Friday professionals, asking the State to study the possible benefits. Weather affecting the Centre and Ile-de-France from Sunday night should cost at least 600 million euros for insurers, according to Bernard Spitz, President of the French Insurance Association (AFA).

Just had a pretty good down pour lasting about 20 minutes. The clouds just broke open and it was like bucket city. C'est la vie!

Predicting where 500 Year Floods will Pummel Italy and France | Mini Ice Age 2015-2035 (157)
Published on Jun 4, 2016
photo.jpgAdapt

With floods raging across Europe, where will the next great flood take place. By using lake bed sediment core samples, stalactite analysis and tree ring data along with written records correlated to solar minimum and orbital positions of the planets. . I forecast the next 500 year flood in Europe will occur in the mountain range at Allos and spill down the rivers flooding Nice to the west and Torino with the entire Po river valley in NW Italy.

https://youtu.be/PqKnvwcxaQU

c.a. said:
Just had a pretty good down pour lasting about 20 minutes. The clouds just broke open and it was like bucket city. C'est la vie!

Predicting where 500 Year Floods will Pummel Italy and France | Mini Ice Age 2015-2035 (157)
Published on Jun 4, 2016
photo.jpgAdapt

With floods raging across Europe, where will the next great flood take place. By using lake bed sediment core samples, stalactite analysis and tree ring data along with written records correlated to solar minimum and orbital positions of the planets. . I forecast the next 500 year flood in Europe will occur in the mountain range at Allos and spill down the rivers flooding Nice to the west and Torino with the entire Po river valley in NW Italy.

https://youtu.be/PqKnvwcxaQU

Thanks for sharing c.a. ,

the forecast is pretty interesting and worrying to say the least, since i live in Torino, one thing i can say for sure is that this period of the year is wayyyyy different than the same period of the last year, last year it was a really HOT summer, and not only in Italy but all across Europe, and Eurasian continent, this year instead, starting early spring the signs were telling that this year will be much colder and wetter, i could be way off here, but so far, there was a lot of rain here in Italy(just yesterday there was a tornado close to Venice), also in France, Holland, Germany... We will see how will be the weather during this summer, I'm pretty curious.

Andre' said:
the forecast is pretty interesting and worrying to say the least, since i live in Torino, one thing i can say for sure is that this period of the year is wayyyyy different than the same period of the last year, last year it was a really HOT summer, and not only in Italy but all across Europe, and Eurasian continent, this year instead, starting early spring the signs were telling that this year will be much colder and wetter, i could be way off here, but so far, there was a lot of rain here in Italy(just yesterday there was a tornado close to Venice), also in France, Holland, Germany... We will see how will be the weather during this summer, I'm pretty curious.

Adapt may not have knowledge of the following. And like the C's say "who knows what twist and turns can alter predicated futures".

Pierre said:
Ruth said:
This book was written by a palaeontologist and explains in simple language the connecting factors making up global warming and their relationship to each other. He talks about thresholds, change gateways what drives climate change on this planet and from space as well as extinction. I haven’t covered all the things mentioned in the book, but I was impressed by the number of things that were discussed. Global warming is definitely happening and so is climate change in all its various forms. The question is: Can we prevent triggering the three potential tripping points to global cataclysm?
The Cs also mentioned weather change and listed some human activity factors and some other factors explaning global warming.

Here's an excerpt :

session970222 said:
A: Climate is being influenced by three factors, and soon a fourth.
Q: (L) All right, I'll take the bait; give me the three factors, and also the fourth!.
A: 1) Wave approach. 2) Chlorofluorocarbon increase in atmosphere, thus affecting ozone layer. 3) Change in the
planet's axis rotation orientation. 4) Artificial tampering by 3rd and 4th density STS forces in a number of different ways.
This doesn't mean that we should do nothing. We obviously can have some impact, at least on one of the four factors.

And your welcome :)

http://strangesounds.org/2016/06/twin-tornadoes-dance-together-schleswig-holstein-germany-photo-video.html said:
Rare twin tornadoes dance together in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
By Strange Sounds -
Jun 5, 2016
two-tornadoes-germany.jpg

The weather is going crazy again in Germany!

In Schleswig two tornadoes dancing together have been photographed and captured on video. Insane!

After biblical floods, now twin tornadoes in Germany!

But how does twin tornadoes form?

A multiple vortex tornado is a different beast, packing several vortices inside the main vortex.

https://youtu.be/zfQxuYzcV1o

Multiple vortices are usually visible only early in a storm before they break off into tornadoes of their own.

two-tornadoes-germany-1.jpg

In nature circulations can only live up to a certain size and intensity, then they break off into two, three or four tornadoes.

The dancing tornadoes appeared at around 6pm and has been noticed by many in the dark sky of Schleswig-Holstein the dark sky.

two-tornadoes-germany-2.jpg

Here another video just after the two tornadoes joined together into a nice and large vortex:
[embed<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QyEk39_UKAU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]
As they formed on fields, neither injuries nor damage have been caused.

Konstantin said:
Very warm and sunny here in Macedonia last 2-3 days. Temperatures are going up in the middle of the day up to 32-33 C and 12-15 in the morning. There are forecasts for some local storms in the days ahead .I hope nothing powerful and scary will come out of that.

Similar weather here in Ireland the past week just not as warm in the early 20's today, this time last year weather was terrible. Im getting out as much as I can walking in nature enjoying the weather while it lasts . Rain and thunder storms expected next few days.

The first tropical storm of the season is due late tonight or Monday, it looks like a 3 day event. :cry:

http://firsthandweather.com/1836/tropical-storm-watches-florida/

Heatwave grips the West Coast with triple-digit temperatures
Updated: 22:24 GMT, 4 June 2016
_http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3625401/Life-threatening-heatwave-grips-West-Coast-triple-digit-temperatures-risk-wildfires.html
34EB9D8900000578-3625401-image-a-35_1465065539247.jpg

A ridge of high pressure firmly in place over the West Coast and neighboring states is driving away cloud cover and allowing warm air to settle, causing the hot weather
map_specnewsdct-46_ltst_4namus_enus_650x366.jpg

79120ffe-5fd2-40d2-93d0-334bb97366bc.jpg

Cheng Jia, of China, right, takes a picture of Yongxin Yan by a digital thermometer at the Furnace Creek Visitor Center in Death Valley National Park Friday, June 28, 2013 in Furnace Creek, Calif. (AP Photo/Chris Carlson)

Dangerous, Extreme Heat Envelops Much Of The West Through Early Week (Video)
https://weather.com/forecast/regional/news/excessive-heat-expands-danger-west

Source:
Why Is The Weather So Crazy All Of A Sudden?
By Michael Snyder, on June 5th, 2016
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/why-is-the-weather-so-crazy-all-of-a-sudden

The weather on the east coast of Australia, starting from just above Brisbane a few days ago and moving down to Tasmania has been cyclonic, it has caused enormous devastation all the way down the coastline, a couple of surf clubs have been wrecked, land has fallen into the sea and houses are hanging on the edge of the remaining land, people have been swept up in rising waters, I heard on the news there had been a few deaths.

The weekend in Sydney was just non stop rain and howling winds, we were watching the Cooks River, which runs into Botany Bay, constantly rising. Luckily the place I'm in is on the third floor and the land rolls down to the river, so we were never in danger, it seemed as if most people just stayed home the whole weekend, just too dangerous to be out there.

This flooding rain and deluges all over the world is just crazy, weather records are constantly being broken.

Some approach recent crazy weather in Europe with a sense of humor.

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 86
We had a lot of rain the last couple of days but also warm and sunny weather. Quite normal weather even if it was a bit wet.

But the last few days in a distance of a couple of hours by car to about one hour to two hour by car all around where I live there was extreme floodings in Southern Germany. It is one thing to see this kind of catastrophic weather in other countries but it is another when it is coming nearer and nearer to nearly your own doorstep. Too many houses destroyed, too many streets turned to rivers, too many landslides, too many things, which has to be discarded, too many lives changed forever and too many dead ones. Not only near where I live but in each and every corner pf this earth. I wish all, who has to live through something like this good luck.

I'm glad you're safe Lindenlea and Dirgni, and I hope other members are OK too. I read today that at least one person died due to the floods in Belgium. Especially Welkenraedt that lies in the province of Liège (east of Belgium) was hit pretty bad. The Mayor said he had never seen such floods there before.

The Netherlands seems to be doing okay now, southeastern parts had some rain. In the west there was no rain and it was pretty warm actually (at least around 22 degrees Celsius).

Keit said:
Some approach recent crazy weather in Europe with a sense of humor.

One way to look at it!

Dirgni said:
We had a lot of rain the last couple of days but also warm and sunny weather. Quite normal weather even if it was a bit wet.

But the last few days in a distance of a couple of hours by car to about one hour to two hour by car all around where I live there was extreme floodings in Southern Germany. It is one thing to see this kind of catastrophic weather in other countries but it is another when it is coming nearer and nearer to nearly your own doorstep. Too many houses destroyed, too many streets turned to rivers, too many landslides, too many things, which has to be discarded, too many lives changed forever and too many dead ones. Not only near where I live but in each and every corner pf this earth. I wish all, who has to live through something like this good luck.

Yeah the weather is totally crazy the last couple of days and weeks here in germany. Especially in the south in "Baden-Württemberg" (where I live):

Tornados all over the place, huge rain sums, hail, unprecedented number and intensity of lightning strikes, that kill and injure many people here almost daily now.

And it isn't over yet. Even the mainstream calls it "crazy and chaotic" weather and that it is not only happening in germany, but worldwide.
It just the beginning I'm afraid...

Pashalis said:
Dirgni said:

Yeah the weather is totally crazy the last couple of days and weeks here in germany. Especially in the south in "Baden-Württemberg" (where I live):

Tornados all over the place, huge rain sums, hail, unprecedented number and intensity of lightning strikes, that kill and injure many people here almost daily now.

And it isn't over yet. Even the mainstream calls it "crazy and chaotic" weather and that it is not only happening in germany, but worldwide.
It just the beginning I'm afraid...

Indeed - in West/central Germany we just had an hour of intense lightning/thunderstorm (which just stopped), last weekend there was a big hail storm (we weren't there, but our landlords had to clean up masses of ice), and on it goes...

Yes, it really is just the beginning it seems, and all these things seem to come to a head right now... Geez, the Cs would probably say "isn't it grand?", but I guess a part of me has yet to adjust to everything going crazy even on a local level...

Back
Top Bottom