What's the weather where you are?

Well no snow here, but plenty of cold weather so to speak. Though mild, considering the situation further north of here.
Ice fog above approx. at 1500 ft. (457.2 m).

Cold adaptation is paying off big time. :thup:

Attachments

• IMG_3695 (3).JPG
    IMG_3695 (3).JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3697 (2).JPG
    IMG_3697 (2).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
Here in Northern Massachusetts we have NO SNOW and no snow in the forecast for the upcoming week.

It snowed s few inches back in November. Christmas was sunny and snowless!!!

It’s been a cold winter, but not unbearable for me. I’m still going for walks and the pathways I use are dry.

Very, very unusual weather for us!

Here are some thoughts on: "SHEETS OF RAIN" - The C's statement (in several sessions), which has always stuck in my mind...

This winter, we are experiencing quick surges in temperatures followed by downfalls in temperature, thus one day it rains, the nexts day it freezes and snows. This has created sheets of ICE between the layers of snow. Of course we are somewhat used to this but this winter (only in January so far) it has created a series of layers of ice, through which the Deer and other animals, and humans, upon stepping outwards: find their legs crashing through the layers of ice, and when pulling a leg out for the next step unless we can easily rip out tibias to shreds. So be ceareful about this!

I was just outside shoveling around the pipes that draw air to our well and wrecked my leg pulling it out to step forward through these sheets of rain (ice) to get this simple job done...

A friend, which is a hunter and trapper, has shown us how the deer and other wild animals crash through the ice and rip the skin of their forelegs trying to move foreward i this awkward situation.

Sorry for my english - we are pretty stoked - to how this change is developing so quickly in our close environment! ALTHOUGH, we live in CANADA, and we are used to this, somewhat!

Otherwise, for the past few weeks, we have experienced several times a week, changes from 10 to 20 degrees Celsius changes between day and night temperatures.

Today the weather was nice and sunny during the day. About 7C during the day and -5C during the night.
The last few days we had a lot of snow.
So today i went to a near lake that is 20 km away at a 1200 m altitude. It was over a 1m of snow there. The lake surface was frozen and the thickest ice was about 20 cm , which is pretty much for this place. The forecasts tells that there will be more snow.received_734176000300583.jpeg

Last edited:
The roads have the constancy of mother nature dumping a giant Slurpee mixed with rain at this elevation.

Higher in the mountains the infrastructure can hardly keep up with current record snow fall.
Enough said. And stay safe all. ;-)

Up to 2.3 metres (90 inches) of snowfall in 7 days over the Pyrenees -- Sott.net
Mon, 28 Jan 2019 19:56 UTC

Translated from French by Microsoft
#Tempête #Gabriel- #Neige abundant in plain on a fairly large part of the north of France-strongest intensity between end of day and early night-often 5/10 cm or even 10/15 cm, including on #IledeFrance and #Paris-model ARPEGE via @wxcharts

During the whole winter we only had at once 3 to 4 inches of snow on about four occasions in Hungary / West of Ukraine / Carpathian Basin. This created a lasting snow cover - although usually melted on the streets - was more or less lasting in the garden and so must have been covering the fields, meaning good crop protection. Couple times temps went down, it got cold, but nothing serious. We have experienced here a thoroughly mitigated winter. Last week I've seen a giant Moon halo - for the first time in my life. That's all.

((I'm standing down since end of November, so the winter here is running on full auto. No chi-kung-style weather mitigation from my part at all.
However: a couple of times the snow just continued to fall and I got pretty annoyed & exhausted with the repeated sweeping & some shoveling and I told off the snow-heavy snowing sky on about 2 or 3 occasions loudly exclaiming "- Enough!" and meant it from anger. Each after which the snowfall stopped. I suspect my subconscious still stepped in from time to time to mitigate. For me watching and reading about the severe / extreme winter reports in the media is probably as unbelievable, as for you, when I describe WTH I was doing until the end of November)).

I thought RT.com made a joke about the US Polar Vortexes with the police forbidding crime because of the cold, then I realized they are real. Here in East-Hungary I got the feeling during today's nice sunshine and relatively high temperatures that the winter is going to turn warmer now.

Here in Pennsylvania, not much snow but temps in the single digits for the past few days. If we believe the forecast of our famous Groundhog, Spring is to come early?

It's Groundhog Day again in the United States
It's Groundhog Day again in the United States
Published on Feb 2, 2019 (0:20 min.)

Groundhog Phil, the most famous animal meteorologist in the world, left his den in Pennsylvania on Saturday and didn't see his shadow, which predicts, according to popular tradition, that spring will rrive soon this year to the United States.

As on every February 2, thousands of people gathered in the early morning at Gobbler's Knob, to see live the forecast of the famous groundhog, a tradition dating back to 1887.

Reactions: Ca.
The snow, which delivered snow and avalanches to South Tyrol and blocked Brenner Pass, came to us yesterday early morning. Saturday there was no snow with exception of snow heaps left over from last snow. Since yesterday we got about 40cm of new snow, temperatures around 0*C and I was quite busy snow shoveling. The snow on the trees and bushed is so thick and heavy that branches break. Picture I made this morning on my way to work:
29079s

Big swing here with a current mid winter temp of 18C (65F). One article say, has winter come to an early withdraw.
No complaints, just continued adaptation!

Translated from Catalan by Microsoft
Days that look like summer, but cold in the morning (0 º)

DzbiluvXQAASgK9.jpg:large

[B]Meteo-Oberwallis.ch[/B]‏ @[B]MeteoOberwallis[/B]
11:38 PM - 14 Feb 2019 Guten morgen @AletschArena_ch @Alpenweerman

After an extremely mild winter with hardly any frost and almost no snow worth mentioning, the Netherlands now has entered a period of early spring weather well before season. It also still is much too dry in the countryside.

Details:
Blue skies and sunshine ahead this weekend, as early spring continues - DutchNews.nl
Netherlands again too dry; farmers, waterboards concerned

As an interlude the following also seems worth mentioning -- the weather as a topic of conversation. ;-)
'Amsterdam weather is controlled by an angel who is on an internship' - DutchNews.nl

<...>
Tell us something surprising you’ve found out about the Netherlands
Weather, and the way Dutch people deal with it. I even have an app on my phone that tells me at what minute it’s going to rain and when exactly it’s going to stop. Even then, the weather can be surprising.

When I moved here, I would joke that the weather in Amsterdam seems to be controlled by an angel who is on an internship. Like me, everyone living here has something to say about it. It is a good way to start a conversation with any stranger you meet here.
<...>

Meanwhile The Boorah has been fearsome elemental this weekend in Dalmatia, like on Stradun Promenade in The City of Dubrovnik‼

🇭🇷

Back
Top Bottom