What's your goal?

Brunauld said:
I think everybody on this forum wants the same goal, and have the same aim. Clean your machine, your essence, detox.

Why not to put a more detalied problem?

My main problem is that I am not sure why I am here, so many worlds, so many centuries and I happend to be here, some times I think I may be some sort of glitch of the universe, sometimes I think there is something I need to do although apart from learning and similar goals mentioned from others forum members, I had not find in specifics.

I got confused between the purpose and meaning of my own existance and in the mean time I am learning and doing and/or trying to learn and trying to do things based on the principles of similar goals mentioned.

mabar

Brunauld said:
I think everybody on this forum wants the same goal, and have the same aim. Clean your machine, your essence, detox.

Why not to put a more detalied problem?

To see the world as he is

Ljubica said:
Lycan said:
To understand those "things" that I do not understand.

Good one, I'll ad that goal to my list as well. :)

I just want to bring some clearance about this one. Since I can see majority of people here are familiar with Gurdjieff's work. So to remember what UNDERSTANDING means according to his teachings. Since it is the whole process it is not just knowledge parts or being parts but knowledge and being together as close as possible so one can express it self with the way of understanding rather with just knowing OR being far from each other.

My main goal in life have not changed for the last seven years: "To learn and to unlearn."

Other goals:

2) To understand others and to relate to them better (one way is hiking together).
3) To not reject new experiences.
4) To help those who serves others.
5) To complete a certification in Library cataloging.
6) To work in a library.

I know my troubles with people come from me, and that it is not so hard to understand them, just listen to them.

But I have seen that when I anticipate something, like writting it as an aim, I just delay them.

Hello Brunauld,
You can understand others only if you understand yourself, why you react in a certain way, and for that you need also to understand others, because you can see in others what you may not see in yourself (tricky no?). Knowing yourself and your machine (your mechanic reactions) is also to know why you keep delaying your aims, because it is likely a program to dis-cover :)

mkrnhr said:
Hello Brunauld,
You can understand others only if you understand yourself, why you react in a certain way, and for that you need also to understand others, because you can see in others what you may not see in yourself (tricky no?). Knowing yourself and your machine (your mechanic reactions) is also to know why you keep delaying your aims, because it is likely a program to dis-cover :)

:) That's why I finally decided to study psychology.

From ouspensky:

We must understand now that psychology really means self-study. This is the second definition of psychology.

whitecoast said:
To this day in terms of goal setting I've always loved the being-obligation strivings (I call them the commandments) of the Very Saintly Ashiata Shiemash, from Beelzebub's Tales to his Grandson:

1. Striving to have in one's ordinary being-existence everything satisfying and really necessary for the planetary body.
2. Striving to have a constant and unflagging instinctive need to perfect oneself in the sense of Being.
3. Striving to know ever more and more about the laws of world-creation and world-maintenance.
4. Striving, from the beginning of one's existence, to pay as quickly as possible for one's arising and individuality, in order to be free to lighten up as much as possible the sorrow of our Common Father.
5. Striving always to assist the most rapid perfection of other beings, both those similar to oneself and those of other forms, up to the degree of the sacred 'Mart-fotai,' that is, up to the degree of self-individuality.

It's practically a bona-fide STO credo. :D

I completely forgot about the Very Saintly Ashiata Shiemash! Thanks for posting that whitecoast.

Initially my goal was freedom, without having a full understanding what it was to be free and how to attain it. But after a lot of reflection a few other ones have taken centre-stage as goals.

1. Give for the sake of giving, without expectation or anticipation of reward.
2. Learn to be more compassionate and understanding with myself (and hence others)
3. Find a career that is in tune with myself and further's the Work
4. Be as present as possible and give full attention to all situations and people in front of me.
5. Master at least one craft to the best of my ability. (bass guitar)

Something has been nagging me over the past months and I find myself doing the POTS with it in mind. I dug it down until I came to summarize it in one word, it is the one thing I really wish for, at least at this stage in my life.
I would like to gain and grow in Discernment. This is, of course, a lifetime goal, but it is also the one shorter term goal I am concentrating on at the moment.

I also have other long term goals, learning what it really means to give, truly give is one of them. However, I probably need to grow in discernment before gaining any deeper understanding of giving.

- to acquire as much valuable/relevant truth/knowledge/understanding as i can.

- to help myself to the point of being able to truly help others.

- to help others, without compromising my own ability help in the process.

- to die knowing I tried my best, or at least very hard, at the above, since I made them my goals.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/230719-Are-Positive-Fantasies-Couterproductive-

I think this is why to keep a cool with the objectives, as a work in progress and not as a fantasy.

Brunauld said:
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/230719-Are-Positive-Fantasies-Couterproductive-

I think this is why to keep a cool with the objectives, as a work in progress and not as a fantasy.

Is there any particular reason why you choose to site this article in this thread? Are you citing the article as a justification for what you wrote here?

Brunauld said:
But I have seen that when I anticipate something, like writting it as an aim, I just delay them.

Having an aim and working towards it is a big part of 4th Way school. It has nothing to do with idle daydreaming and fantasies - positive or negative. In fact a Work aim which must necessarily be compared frequently with one's actual real-life activities opposes the tendency to dream.

In some cases, in addition to all the hard work done in the real world , some people may have found positive visualization to be helpful. This may antidote the self-defeating messages (like you cannot do it, you are not worthy etc ) that the predator's mind or the negative introject may give out.

The devil usually lies in the details - and jumping to conclusions without regard to context can result in unnecessary misunderstanding.

Yes, the particular reason is that sometimes when you have an aim or goal, you may fantasize about it. It happens to me when I anticipate, or when I propose to myself an objective, procrastination, like in my post you quoted there.

I know this doesn't happen to everyone, but if someone wants to achieve a goal, I think it was a good idea to post the article about the effects of fantasizing achieving a goal.

Back
Top Bottom