What's your goal?

Home perhaps evokes a deep sense of relatedness - it is a place where we feel we truly belong. I am reading the Jungian analyst Mary-Louise von Franz's book "Projection and Recollection in Jungian Psychology" where this theme of genuine relatedness is mentioned. In Work terms what we call integration of the many little i's is called the process of individuation in Jungian terms. Keeping that relation in mind

[quote author=MLVF]
The first stage shows the process of the inner unification of the personality in the individuation process. The second stage, however, has reference to a special process that always accompanies individuation in a single person: namely the development of relatedness to certain fellow human beings and to mankind as a whole, a relatedness that proceeds not from the ego but from a transcendental inner center, the Self.
One might describe this as the social function of the Self. Each person gathers around him his own "soul family", a group of people not created by accident or by mere egoistic motivation but rather through a deeper, more essential spiritual interest or concern: reciprocal individuation. Whereas relations based merely on projection are characterized by fascination and magical dependence, this kind of relationship, by way of the Self, has something strictly objective, strangely transpersonal about it. It gives rise to a feeling of immediate, timeless "being together".
The usual bond of feeling, says Jung elsewhere, always contains projections that have to be withdrawn if one has to attain to oneself and to objectivity. "Objective cognition lies hidden behind the attraction of the emotional relationship; it seems to be the central secret." In this world created by the Self we meet all those many to whom we belong, whose hearts we touch; here "there is no distance but immediate presence."

There exists no individuation process in any one individual that does not at the same time produce this relatedness to one's fellowmen.

[/quote]

In summary, as one starts to integrate one's true self by fusing together the small i's and thus becoming whole, he/she also finds a place in a bigger whole - an organically united soul community. Such a community could be called "home" - osit.

Home is where one is safe and loved, is it not?

It's only known in the heart and need not be identified with any place or person though it's often shared by such.

At least that's my understanding.

Obyvatel
In summary, as one starts to integrate one's true self by fusing together the small i's and thus becoming whole, he/she also finds a place in a bigger whole - an organically united soul community. Such a community could be called "home" - osit.

I really like this, Obyvatel.

SolarMother said:
Obyvatel

I really like this, Obyvatel.

Yes, absolutely beautiful. And what a wonder to see the ways such a community can organically come together. It's breathtaking! How many steps on a ladder to arrive here, and how many pieces to the puzzle?

I guess the main theme in my life is
"to find a way back home".

And I seem to take a detour.
But it seems as I go along the way,
I find new ways,
hopefully leading in the right direction.

Sometimes a new road fools me
and I seem to be lost again.
The I feel depressed.

But I always try to find the right way
hopelfully leading "home".

Sometimes I ask for the direction
but mostly the answers
make me more unsure

so I have to listen to my gut feelings
and just go my way

Sandra

Jerry said:
Home is where one is safe and loved, is it not?

It's only known in the heart and need not be identified with any place or person though it's often shared by such.

At least that's my understanding.
I agree also. Except that for me the 'sharing' is the key word. No one I'm in contact with daily shares my view of life. And the reality of the moment is that I cannot live in the Forum and time is limited for me to be here what with life's daily routines/problems/work commitments. But I am nevertheless immeasureably grateful for this forum that words cannot describe. Just have to plod along I guess and do the best I know how, for now. :rolleyes:

To be kind, helpful, service to others and mostly to return to the one source.

I'm tired of the childish, illogical games humanity is playing.

My goal is to learn as much as I can, wake up as many as I can, and hopefully keep as many as I can from falling into the L-boys snare.

Find the essential objective. The good and the evil of are they not that illusions? Only the knowledge protects...

Kisito said:
The good and the evil of are they not that illusions? Only the knowledge protects...
Or maybe it's: good in the sense of StO (and the knowledge that entails) that would be leading out of illusion, while embracing evil or StS would be leading to illusion.

My goal is to be free. That means to be free of my prisons: family, myself. This freedom as a goal I know is the road to happiness: and that means to help others. In a sense I feel that we are here to help others. For this goal I need to learn about my prison, myself. I have the intuition that my soul knows all the answers to attain this goal. It is just me that I am still very deft, very blind.

Mine is to understand... Doing this will make me help others and myself in different ways through the life..

- Develop a healthy, critical and objective mindset via the Work (4th Way).

- Look at myself objectively and admit my faults.

- Look at Reality objectively in order to discover Truth.

- Apply Knowledge as I gather it through lessons.

- Help others in order to restore balance.

Back
Top Bottom