What's your goal?

Hi Brunauld,
Have you read this entire thread - specially Ark's entries which are towards the beginning? Have you read the goals that most members have set for themselves? Have you seen any evidence of dreaming or fantasies about the aims that have been articulated by others?

You have posted a few times in this thread. Yet you did not try to clearly articulate an aim. You have talked about imagination, fantasies and then you have stated

Brunauld said:
I think everybody on this forum wants the same goal, and have the same aim. Clean your machine, your essence, detox.

Why not to put a more detalied problem?

and

Brunauld said:
Yes, the particular reason is that sometimes when you have an aim or goal, you may fantasize about it. It happens to me when I anticipate, or when I propose to myself an objective, procrastination, like in my post you quoted there.

I know this doesn't happen to everyone, but if someone wants to achieve a goal, I think it was a good idea to post the article about the effects of fantasizing achieving a goal.

Could it be that you are facing difficulties in understanding what a Work aim is and are indirectly trying to address this issue? I think it will be useful for you to re-read this thread in its entirety with attention. Maybe that will help. You could also ask questions directly if you have difficulty understanding something.

My 2 cents

I will answer your question though it is not very relevant - no I am not angry. Did you read and think about the input that you have been given before firing off a reply?

Brunauld said:
;) 2 cents I'll use for a lunch. Are you angry by my post?

Burnauld, the point here is that you are either interested in sincerely participating or you are not. If you are not, please move along to a forum in which you are interested in sincerely participating. Flippant remarks and dismissals of others input are not only lacking in external consideration, they are noise and a waste of time. So - please make a choice. I hope you stay, but if you are not interested in sincerely participating, it is best you go.

Brunauld said:
;) 2 cents I'll use for a lunch. Are you angry by my post?

I'm not angry at your post, but you should be. I'm just interested as to why you seem determined to misunderstand the point of this thread and why you seem to think that the idea that establishing a goal (positive imagination) is counterproductive, is relevant to this thread. We're not talking here about "I want money" or "I want a new car" or "I want to lose weight". We're talking about general a overall life goal. If you notice, most of the goals that have been mentioned are not the type of things that can be easily imagined. The point here is to give members an opportunity to give voice to, or externalise, an idea that may have been living within them unrecognised.

So, quit your nitpicking!

It's an interestingly direct question in so many ways, Ark. It goes right to Intentions and Focus. Articulate answers, so far, from the standpoint of The Work. So when I read the question this morning, I didn't want to reply with anything stupidly spontaneous or worse: letting the obsequious predator echo with some nice answers. No, that wasn't going to happen. So I kicked the ball around while I worked all day...

Short term goals, long-term goals.....We all have things in common, and also things very different for what Life has dealt us individually. So I dug inside , put aside the lying, and asked myself that question. And an answer (maybe there's more than one ?) came to me as....

My goal is TO GO HOME.

I don't even know WHERE that response came from. The what, how and why, I haven't answered. Though I intend to look into it with some quiet time. And it's not running to or running from anything as much as a transformational sense of BEING HERE, with work, is BEING THERE.

Does that make any sense?

I have been looking for a new goal for the last couple months, because I had to shed my old goal of "helping" others and this left me without direction. I have read some on this thread from time to time and the comments have been inspirational, thanks. My goal is to master my mind, body and emotions.

NewOrleans said:
It's an interestingly direct question in so many ways, Ark. It goes right to Intentions and Focus. Articulate answers, so far, from the standpoint of The Work. So when I read the question this morning, I didn't want to reply with anything stupidly spontaneous or worse: letting the obsequious predator echo with some nice answers. No, that wasn't going to happen. So I kicked the ball around while I worked all day...

Short term goals, long-term goals.....We all have things in common, and also things very different for what Life has dealt us individually. So I dug inside , put aside the lying, and asked myself that question. And an answer (maybe there's more than one ?) came to me as....

My goal is TO GO HOME.

I don't even know WHERE that response came from. The what, how and why, I haven't answered. Though I intend to look into it with some quiet time. And it's not running to or running from anything as much as a transformational sense of BEING HERE, with work, is BEING THERE.

Maybe it makes sense to me, but maybe not. I was just reflecting this morning on what "home" means to me. I have thought it means to be physically closer to my friends and family, but just today I thought of it differently. I thought of home as the one Creator. I thought that if we are all reflections of this Creator then being home is all that we know, for it is inside of us and all around. Home for me now, I think, is in this human shell. :)

Scarlet said:
NewOrleans said:

My goal is TO GO HOME.

Maybe it makes sense to me, but maybe not. I was just reflecting this morning on what "home" means to me. I have thought it means to be physically closer to my friends and family, but just today I thought of it differently. I thought of home as the one Creator. I thought that if we are all reflections of this Creator then being home is all that we know, for it is inside of us and all around. Home for me now, I think, is in this human shell. :)

Yes, my problem with the "home" concept is that feels like a final resting place. And, if there's a "home" we're trying to reach, then everything else is "not home." Even when everything reaches 7th density, then the cycle immediately starts again. It is more of an STS concept, I think, that longs for "rest," which might be falling asleep into matter, in other words, a contractile, entropic longing.

As far as the STO model, in one of the sessions, Laura asks the C's something like, "Where do we go from here," and they answer, "Everywhere." In that sense, everywhere is home, and we are always where we belong.

At least that's how I understand it now.

Mr Premise
Yes, my problem with the "home" concept is that feels like a final resting place. And, if there's a "home" we're trying to reach, then everything else is "not home." Even when everything reaches 7th density, then the cycle immediately starts again. It is more of an STS concept, I think, that longs for "rest," which might be falling asleep into matter, in other words, a contractile, entropic longing.

As far as the STO model, in one of the sessions, Laura asks the C's something like, "Where do we go from here," and they answer, "Everywhere." In that sense, everywhere is home, and we are always where we belong.

At least that's how I understand it now.

The other day I was pondering the HOME theme in my life. One of the goals on my post last year on this thread said '...just to get closer to HOME...' and at the time I was thinking that if I made it out of 3D STS I would be 'closer.'
Sounds like anticipating to me now ;)
Then in reading Mr Premise's post, and the C's quote I realized that my journey has been one long lesson in learning what HOME really is.

Right now at this time I would say my aim or goal is to continue to free myself of programming and trauma through the home I am in at this time--my miraculous body--and my mind and emotions, and where my body is placed/housed is 'everywhere' and anywhere and doesn't really matter.

These days I would say I am grokking that the 'multi-leveled body' is unlimited in it's potential to organistically free us of trauma and programs.

Out of this possibility of transformation is the goal of becoming more involved with others.

Re: What's your goal?

Mr. Premise said:
It is more of an STS concept, I think, that longs for "rest," which might be falling asleep into matter, in other words, a contractile, entropic longing.

I must say, that on a 3D level, I can understand NewOrleans' goal to want to go 'home'. When I look around me, there is a lot of suffering going on, a lot of darkness. Perhaps, wanting to go 'home' can be the tendency to want to leave this horrible situation we find ourselves in. Perhaps it's just human, to want to live a bit happily and feel 'home' somewhere, when there is so much crap going on everywhere!

It seems to me, that this 'tendency' or 'feeling' becomes limited, when one doesn't use this 'desire' to work towards a better situation (for all) effectively, but acts on 'love&light' while ignoring the existence of 'evil' (including in oneself). So if one uses this goal in mind to take challenges as they come in their own sandbox, I don't see much problem with it, 'cause at the same time you're accepting your place at this point in time and understand it, in a way you understand you're in this world, but have chosen to not be of this world.

Fwiw.

Mr. Premise said:

What I have heard and think of:

Accept what is. It's not where you are, but who you are. Enjoy the show. No anticipation. Learn something every day, observe with an unbiased eye, be helpful/ of service/ friends, network/Socialize. And probably more I don't think of right now.

I think these all belong with attempting to convey a concept. We are here because we fit here. We experience daily, as if it a new experience for each of us. The future is open and for the most part, unknown to us. We are physical and have sensations. We must learn to allow the spirit (for lack of words), allow our spiritual self control these physical machines. What will happen is to be. It's not what happens but how we react to the situation. Live every day with no regrets and be of service.

Boy-O-Boy, that is so very easy to say, but so very hard to remember every minute, every day. How can this be said to a person suffering in pain, agony, like with no food, water, or being in a war zone dodging projectiles in order to survive every day?

I must be more greatfull for what blessing I enjoy. This is the basic path I am trying to follow. But like I said, 'tis very hard.

I think I can relate to your post Al.

I was thinking how I might respond to the question put.

And at the moment as I have very little understand as of yet - I would say the goal I seek, is some form of 'peace' - be it inner or what not. But some sort of acceptance of myself, and of what may come. I think perhaps trying too hard can often make you lose your way.

So um, I think my goal is finding a sort of peaceful harmony, which I can be happy with, where I can accept whatever may come in such a way that although I can never know what 'will' happen to me, I can be accepting of the outcome, whether it is 'recyling' or moving forward. I think I would be unhappy moving forward if I did not feel I had done 'enough' to help others... I don't know, my understanding is still fairly limited I must read more =) However I hope whatever happens to me, will be right for me, and that if I am conscious of it, that I can be at peace with myself.

By "Home" I didn't mean to limit this as a resting place, or a God destination, or a direction or Kansas. It was in a mediation, so I'm not exactly sure what was meant. I sense that home equals everywhere - but differently than we experience it now - when where we are is recognized as where we should be seen with new eyes. That's not much clearer is it? I'll ask, in meditation, again.

Maybe it's fitting to throw in some proverbs? What about: "My home is my castle" i.e. strategic enclosure; or alternatively: "Home is, where the heart(h) is" which needs no further explanation. Just some thoughts...

Back
Top Bottom