WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram are down

As others do, I too wonder if they'll spin this as the beginning of the 'cyber-pandemic' they've been warning about - and if Mr Schwab is sitting on a leather chair in his command center rubbing his hands, thinking 'zey vill newer zuzpect uz!'.

What still doesn't make much sense to me is this: If the plan is to make a cyber-9/11 in order to restrict the internet as well as access to communication and tech, shouldn't the natural response of the people be to step *away* from such technologies, instead of becoming even more dependent on them, which is what they want? I mean, after such hack-attacks, would you trust all your money and information on the digital world only? Get it all in a microchip connected to 'The Cloud'? Maybe they are calculating that the masses are that stupid. Or maybe Mr Schwab and company are suffering from a serious case of wishful thinking.
If yes, they should hurry to switch off Telegram, or they're really dumb.
Considering it's FBook which is down, and having twitter not down, I would say that it's a move they were not expecting. By they, i think at least the guy behind the WEF of "schwabs".
Dumb question but : we are used to mention the PTB, can we consider the WEF as the PTB ? I mean, PTB could be an higher circle with sub factions, the WEF being one, but there may be others, and one gave a punch to the WEF one ^^

Choose your warrior... Fight ! (wink to an old & brutal video game ^^)

As others do, I too wonder if they'll spin this as the beginning of the 'cyber-pandemic' they've been warning about - and if Mr Schwab is sitting on a leather chair in his command center rubbing his hands, thinking 'zey vill newer zuzpect uz!'.

What still doesn't make much sense to me is this: If the plan is to make a cyber-9/11 in order to restrict the internet as well as access to communication and tech, shouldn't the natural response of the people be to step *away* from such technologies, instead of becoming even more dependent on them, which is what they want? I mean, after such hack-attacks, would you trust all your money and information on the digital world only? Get it all in a microchip connected to 'The Cloud'? Maybe they are calculating that the masses are that stupid. Or maybe Mr Schwab and company are suffering from a serious case of wishful thinking.
People, we have seen, do not think well since covid, no good sense at all. They do not think at all. And do not forget, people is addicted to these technologies, just enter a bus and everyone, EVERYONE is looking with assiduity their phone, as in trance. (Yesterday I saved the life of a gentleman who was absorbed by his mobile while a truck was backing up without seeing him. I yelled and the man was able to push himself out of the way. The driver of the truck did not see him.) This is to say that if we take this drug away from these people, they will do anything to get the drug back, at any price.

Whatsapp is Fakebook (I don't know what instagram is) so if the disturbance touched only this product, it's unlikely to be some major cyber 911 for the new normal. That would be the case if it affects banks and some important service, which would justify "unprecedented new measures in cyber security". My guess is that it will be fixed soon and it would be no big deal, unless they accuse the Russians of the Chinese or whoever.

Whatsapp is Fakebook (I don't know what instagram is) so if the disturbance touched only this product, it's unlikely to be some major cyber 911 for the new normal. That would be the case if it affects banks and some important service, which would justify "unprecedented new measures in cyber security". My guess is that it will be fixed soon and it would be no big deal, unless they accuse the Russians of the Chinese or whoever.
I just heard that snapchat and Gmail servers and NOW some online services of the Bank of America aren't working properly.

It's too early to speak about a possible cyber 9/11 so I guess will have to wait and observe how things will develop further.

If one looks on https://downdetector.com/ you can see a lot of online platforms and services that currently are experiencing some tech issues. Among Facebook, Instagram, whatsapp there has been signaled the Bank of America online services, the Gmail, Amazon, Netflix, Zoom, Snapchat, PayPal, US Bank, Fox News and a lot other online platforms.

Anyway we don't know yet what the heck is going on, maybe it's nothing but still it's interesting...

(Philip is a AP reporter)
1633382313940.png

The quoted tweet is likely totally bonkers, as they would have backups etc, but a funny small anecdote, that can be educational how fast hysteria spreads when things happen.
1633382388122.png

""Suggestive of deeply shared, internally motivated group focus. The index is above 95%"
(theoretical global consciousness response reflected in the 'dot')
:-D
unknown.png

Hopefully this would make a lot a of people to use Telegram and quit WhatsApp, not saying that telegram is heaven but is the lesser evil.
Btw Twitter and Telegram are running a little bit slow because of the high traffic they are getting.

Facebook seems to be fixing their issue now, but reports came about many other platforms and services, not only Facebook-related apps or websites. There was a report that even the bank of America experienced issues and internet providers too. I personally work with another country and over there, people reported issues with internet connection in general, not just social media. Sure, I guess it will come back to normal, but it seems that it was a bit bigger than the usual down-time that Facebook experiences from time to time.

Facebook seems to be fixing their issue now, but reports came about many other platforms and services, not only Facebook-related apps or websites. There was a report that even the bank of America experienced issues and internet providers too. I personally work with another country and over there, people reported issues with internet connection in general, not just social media. Sure, I guess it will come back to normal, but it seems that it was a bit bigger than the usual down-time that Facebook experiences from time to time.

I literally just used BoA services and it’s working fine for me. It seems that maybe they are creating some distraction or hysteria around Facebook services being down. I haven’t encounter any other outage or issue with other platforms… at least not yet.

I just heard that snapchat and Gmail servers and NOW some online services of the Bank of America aren't working properly.

It's too early to speak about a possible cyber 9/11 so I guess will have to wait and observe how things will develop further.
From my corner of the globe, it's only FB and WApp that are down (not using IG), all other things (e.g. g00gle services, yah00, ...) are working within expectations.
Regarding FB, I started experiencing issues on Saturday (2021/10/02) already, couldn't load images and/or videos from messages, posts disappeared from my profile wall (or timeline or whatever the name is nowadays) in huge amounts (all posts since Aug 21, only showing the last/newest one posted), not showing posts when opening them from notifications, ... :huh:

BTW, WApp is up and running now, but FB is still down and trying to load.

Edit: FB is back also.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom