Will Smith's altercation at the Oscars

I know, it's just silly and empty Hollywood drama, but I think there's lesson to be learned from here, as always.

Exactly my point.

Instead it's Chris Rock who got his act together, and even after he was punched in a live broadcast, was able to wrap things up and continue his job as hoast

I was a little impress with the professionalism of him after that indeed.

She may have had a quiet word in his ear and instructed him to defend her dignity or else life would get a little bit tricky for him. I don't blame her if she did. That comment was insensitive to say the least.

I think that’s what happened, he didn’t fully get the joke and then realized what it was about right after, either because saw his wife’s face or she told him what it was about.

IDK, I stumbled on this on one of my Telegram channels and was quit surprised to see that news there.

You know, scrolling: Mariupol, Uki-Nazis, Yemen, Will Smith, Hunter Biden,… wait what???? Will Smith!!??

I think it was staged; after all it is an actor’s reward and actor’s show and…yeah… 5mins of otherwise boring show that people will talk about now: was he right or wrong to hit Chris Rock.

And about those stunned actors in the audience: well Meryl Streep is one of the best actresses so if one can act stunned on que then it will probably be she. 😅

🤷🏻‍♀️

As soon as I saw it I said "fake". So obviously a pre-planned "movie slap" that all actors know how to perform. A cynical stage show to try and garner attention for the freak show that is the oscars.

Call me cynical, but the whole thing comes off as rather acty to me. I mean, he should have had his act together enough to just give him a dirty, unamused look if that comment really got to him. I would not put it past the programming department to script the whole thing just to fluff up some ongoing interest in the Academy Awards (Yawn!). Also, hard face smacks really hurt! Chris appears to be unfazed. If I'm wrong, someone has serious anger management issues.

Absolutely. Rock leans in just before Smith swings, expecting it. Smith CLEARLY misses rock, and Rock moves his head in the appropriate direction. Classic movie slap. The aftershow was just more acting. Smith's wife is obviously the "male" in that relationship. Smith is in the roll of the "emotional woman". That's why she cheated on him more than once, and he took her back.

Except everyone is talking about them now. There's even a thread here. Good marketing.
Now to continue with the show since the administration of the Oscars they have said that they condemn the action and will review the incident ...
He is an actor, but it is also true that he does have emotional imbalances and it is evident by being the "emotional woman" in the relationship and in his words regarding his mother.
So at the moment I don't know.

Last edited:
Some years ago, there was concern that afro-hair care products caused baldness and irritations and other symptoms.

And though it was documented, the products continued to sell, and not much was done due to it being a niche consumer product.

So, the question in my mind would be, at what point defending yourself or your loved one from an insult/joke would get you to act this way?

Trying to watch it from work, it makes me think of:

I have been in those positions and yes, it is provocative to grab a bat and make an example through violence to people who do not listen to the first verbal and bodily warnings.

First you laugh, give permission for them to do worse, they are no longer amused and you return a serious look of warning, they persist again and again because that look instead of making them stop in their intent to provoke you encourages them to continue in their abuse, you approach and give verbal warnings, they persist once more. There are only two options left, ignore the person and say strong words that do not necessarily have to be accompanied by rude words so as not to generate the undesired violent effect, but sometimes this is the result.

But if I am sure of something, is that when you become aware, violence is only an emergency resource to defend your physical integrity, the rest are just foolish words of which the care not to identify with them and see it personally, will make the difference no matter how much pressure you have because the knowledge of oneself does not give space to feel insulted by empty words that only shoot arrows to hit some weakness that motivates the irrational reaction. And additional, there is something internal that buffers and restrains that irrational side in one, the knowledge holds you back and cools you down in an extraordinary way to the edge of an uncontrolled anger or at least it has happened to me, I have the anger but at the same time my head is processing the information to such an extent that I see that the other person is just dealing with all his envy and internal garbage, reflecting and that rather makes me ashamed or I don't know if it is compassion exactly, but it cooled me down in seconds and I am glad I have not committed a greater stupidity than that person.

As Dr. Aleta Edwards once told me "We only control ourselves".

If it's real, what's done is done. He has now given permission to others who think they are "rude" to make more fun of him and his family or make jokes "oh! "here comes Will, put a pillow on your face" until something worse happens or he just reconciles with Chris Rock or they say that it was all acting and that it was also a sobering performance for people. They are actors, I don't believe in anything they do and say until there are really signs that they are being brutally attacked.

Is like the "right man" who instills respect, but in the end he is digging his own hole. What examples can you give to others among so many fools, opportunists and twisted minds who magnify their actions for the worse? I take off a glove and I slap you and we debate in a duel to the death? swords or guns?

Even what I have observed, is that all these things have taken place since Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman created that trend of comic rivalries between them and by playing with people's minds by watching their favorite actors insult each other or show themselves in a more real way behind the scenes. A reality that borders more on intolerance, insult and examples of how to be the worst version of oneself, comically starting, until it becomes part of each person, each one will take it to their convenient level according to their internal state.

Except everyone is talking about them now. There's even a thread here. Good marketing.

Absolutely.

Las night at the Oscars thing, there was a little confrontation between Will Smith and comedian Chris Rock, to make story short; Chris joked to Smith's wife Jada Pinkett Smith in the audience, Chris said "Jada, I love ya. G.I. Jane 2, can't wait to see ya." eluding Jada's bald head because apparently in the first Jane movie the protagonist shaved her hair. Jada suffers from autoimmune disorder alopecia (which attacks hair follicles, resulting in bald spots and hair loss) Video of the moment:
The thumbnail of the video made me think Will Smith slapped Chris Rock's arse!
Phew, not this time, Hollywood!

Some of the population idolize and emulate these actors. Oh sure, let's inflame the narrative even more of people turning to violence when they hear things they don't like, i.e. different political opinions, COVID-1984, using proper gender pronouns, etc..

It is more than likely fake but it was not done simply for a ratings gain, its more then that. It's a signal to the sheep that it's fine to punch and assault people who simply upset you.

These parasites do anything to get attention; so expect to see more violent things like this staged and\or otherwise. Never forget who Hollywood really works for.

Back
Top Bottom