Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

I think the best thing to do is for each of you place your own order with Tommy at Oxyrevo. Just to simplify things, those of you who want a discounted HBOT from oxyrevo: @Benjamin @Seamus @Lilou lease PM me and I will provide contact details for Tommy.
@Benjamin, @Seamus, and @Lilou.

Thank you Joe for your referral to Tommy, He gave me a 10% discount which was better than Macy-Pan's 5%. However, when I told Macy-Pan rep that my financial situation changed and could not afford the unit and had to cancel the order. She asked how much could I afford. This may mean that there is room to bargain if you are not in a hurry.

The payment to oxyrevo was via wire transfer last Thursday and Tommy received it on Tuesday. He said that it would shipped on June 6 with a door-to-door time of 10-15 days. So the turn-around from payment to delivery will be 5-6 weeks. Macy-Pan's turn-around on the oxygen compressor was only one week after payment, so this maybe another issue to consider.

Macy-Pan's turn-around on the oxygen compressor was only one week after payment, so this maybe another issue to consider.
Yeah I would definitely recommend Macy-Pan, I had my chamber up and running exactly 4 days after completing the payment, all the way from Shanghai to Europe. Thanks to their attentivness to details and proper paper work It breezed through the customs which is very unusual for this type of equipment. Also their after sales service is superb.

See this post. The all-in-one version is called the 'pro'. It's a little more money then the 'standard' version (3-piece) and apparently a lot more money to ship because it's beastly heavy.
Thank you.

Looks quite robust. The question is just, will you ever have to move it by yourself and would there be any stairs involved? If so, the smaller machines would be easier to handle.

Looks quite robust. The question is just, will you ever have to move it by yourself and would there be any stairs involved? If so, the smaller machines would be easier to handle.

Well, you hit the nail on the head. I won't be the only one using the chamber but I will be moving it by myself. And there are stairs. The 'pro' is at least 52kg (~114 lbs.), I think (I just added the weights of the 3-piece version together). Though, once it's moved into it's position in the house, it probably won't be moved again, so I'm treating it like a small, heavy piece of furniture.

I like the 'pro' model because it's one box, has a built-in timer, is one-button operation, and has one electrical cord. It also has an 'anion' module that the 'standard' doesn't have, it looks like. There is also an optional "Nano Water Ion Technology" module that you can add on for a little more money. Apparently it's an anti-virus system with 99% virus sterilization:

Nano water ions wrapped by moisture can easily adhere to the surface of various bacteria. Then it allows the large amount of hydrogen oxygen free radicals contained in itself to fully contact with the bacteria, and draws out the hydrogen ions from the bacteria and combines them into water. In this way, various bacteria are inactivated and the effect of germ removal is achieved.In addition to deodorization, nano water ions can also penetrate deep into the fiber and extract hydrogen ions from bacteria that form odor, thus achieving deodorization.

This is quoted from the brochure I was sent from Tommy and is only available for the 'pro'. It's a little confusing because viruses and bacteria are two different creatures. It also mentions 'deodorization' twice. Is that all this module does? I'm not sure. The brochure says this tech is "being widely used in airport and train station for public anti-virus solution". See this short thread for nano water.

I like the standard version because it's going to be easier to move around, be a little cheaper, and cheaper to ship (should find out tomorrow by how much). I don't like it because I have to deal with 3 electrical cords but I can probably fix this with a good power bar. I can possibly get an electricity timer to shut everything off automatically at the end of a session (the draw looks like it'll be ~1260 watts and there are timers rated for 1800 watts).

Just some thoughts rolling around.

Well, you hit the nail on the head. I won't be the only one using the chamber but I will be moving it by myself. And there are stairs. The 'pro' is at least 52kg (~114 lbs.), I think (I just added the weights of the 3-piece version together). Though, once it's moved into it's position in the house, it probably won't be moved again, so I'm treating it like a small, heavy piece of furniture.

I like the 'pro' model because it's one box, has a built-in timer, is one-button operation, and has one electrical cord. It also has an 'anion' module that the 'standard' doesn't have, it looks like. There is also an optional "Nano Water Ion Technology" module that you can add on for a little more money. Apparently it's an anti-virus system with 99% virus sterilization:

This is quoted from the brochure I was sent from Tommy and is only available for the 'pro'. It's a little confusing because viruses and bacteria are two different creatures. It also mentions 'deodorization' twice. Is that all this module does? I'm not sure. The brochure says this tech is "being widely used in airport and train station for public anti-virus solution". See this short thread for nano water.

I like the standard version because it's going to be easier to move around, be a little cheaper, and cheaper to ship (should find out tomorrow by how much). I don't like it because I have to deal with 3 electrical cords but I can probably fix this with a good power bar. I can possibly get an electricity timer to shut everything off automatically at the end of a session (the draw looks like it'll be ~1260 watts and there are timers rated for 1800 watts).

Maybe this is the right moment to wish you good luck with your decision, whatever it will be.

It sounds like you bought a chamber from Oxyrevo. If you don't mind, which one did you get? I'm trying to decide between the Apex 32 and the Apex 32 Pro model. There's pro's and cons for each.
The standard model. My experience with all-in-one features has been that they are more expensive to repair. Having individual units is easier to replace if needed.

I like your thinking and hacking ideas. As far as sterilization goes we can purchase a small anion generator and sterilize the entire room.

Overall, the pro just did not thrill me enough for my needs. If I were in a larger space and had other people using it for most of the day then I would have gone pro.

My experience with all-in-one features has been that they are more expensive to repair. Having individual units is easier to replace if needed.

Yeah, this was also on my mind.

As far as sterilization goes we can purchase a small anion generator and sterilize the entire room.

I also have an ozoneator that I could use for the room.

Overall, the pro just did not thrill me enough for my needs.

I think I was already leaning towards the standard model and your words were just what I needed. 👍

Benjamin, thé pro is 200 lbs for the unit so moving it up and down stair by yourself is out of the question. It got wheels so you can easily move it on a hard floor but as I said not made to move up stair.

Benjamin, thé pro is 200 lbs for the unit so moving it up and down stair by yourself is out of the question. It got wheels so you can easily move it on a hard floor but as I said not made to move up stair.

LQB mentions:

The combined weight of the machine and crate is easily 200lbs...

It's mentioned that everything ships in one large box. I'm guessing the HBOT to be about 114-120 lbs. The crate is made of plywood and could be 20-30 lbs right there. What I would do is unpack it downstairs and then use a hand truck to lift the machine up the stairs.

After the first three sessions, my ears were blocked partially and my hearing reduced for about ten days. In this case, the usual unblocking methods did not seem to work. I tried a medicine, Zymelin, that contained xylometazoline hydrochloride 140mcg/dose, but it was ineffective. Instead, time cleared the obstruction to the point where the unblocking methods began to work. It was a bit similar for me to going up and down in an aeroplane, where up and down is no problem, but up and down twice or more can be.
This post is an update on the ear issues related to HBOT pressure changes, which basically went on for weeks and weeks before eventually becoming better. I don't know if the improvement was due to HBOT for that I will have to do another experiment at a later time.

I did 45 sessions in a row, and soon faced the same issue, with small variations, major improvement began to happen after 42 days, and it has continued now that I have paused. I think the HBOT, was good for the skin and eventually also for my hearing, as it came back. Odd was that after some days with reduced hearing, I noticed it was like normal when under pressure. Then it stayed better while lying down, but reverted to worse when getting up and changing to an upright position.

One possibility was that the ear was plugged, but litres of hot water over several days had no effect, though initially the ears did get a bit cleaner.

I tried the Valsalva maneuver. In the beginning nothing worked, I thought I did it wrong and blew my nose a bit harder, but I learned to be more careful, as mucus tainted by blood came out from one side, as if a blood vessel had ruptured. I eventually dared to attempt it again with less pressure and mixed results, one side, or both, a moment of clearing and mostly no change, it mainly began to work when the condition from other indicators was improving.

At some stage I heard about the idea to move the head, backwards. Eventually that began to work as long as the head was kept that way, but it is difficult to work or have conversation in such an awkward position, though the exercise when done carefully appears to be good for neck flexibility.

Swallowing and gum chewing from beginning to after the end, and long after, brought little success. Another suggestion was that maybe I went in and out too quickly. I tried reducing it gradually over 35-45 minutes, but there was no difference from getting out after 3-5 minutes of depressurizing. Would it have worked with getting out slow if I had consistently taken 45 minutes to get out every time? I don't know, but if going up and down with a plane a couple of times can cause issues, then no surprise that an HBOT does since the pressure difference is larger. While the HBOT reached 1,5 atm, a passenger plane typically uses only 3/4 atm:
Pressurizing an aircraft too much could put its fuselage under too much stress from differential pressure as the plane climbs, Horning says. To avoid that, airliners don't try to duplicate the air pressure at sea level. Instead, at a cruising altitude of 36,000 feet (10,973 meters), most commercial jets simulate the air pressure at an elevation of 8,000 feet (2,438 meters), about the same as Aspen, Colorado.

The Boeing 787 Dreamliner, which has super-strong carbon fiber in its airframe, is able to get that down to the equivalent of air pressure at 6,000 feet (1,829 meters). "That's better, because as the cabin altitude goes up, you have less oxygen in your blood," Horning explains. "That's why when you get off a plane, you may feel tired."
Say the pressure is 101325 Pa at surface level and the temperature is 15 Degrees Celsius, then the pressure according to the calculator at 8000 feet is 75262 Pa or approximately 3/4 of the normal pressure at sea level.

A shorter eating window seemed to help, as did more infrequent smoking, and over and above all - time. I am quite sure that if I had continued with HBOT, I would have kept improving, just like I did in the past after plane trips, but will I now be free of the plane cabin pressure issues, and how will HBOT feel when I return to the experiment one day?

It's mentioned that everything ships in one large box. I'm guessing the HBOT to be about 114-120 lbs. The crate is made of plywood and could be 20-30 lbs right there. What I would do is unpack it downstairs and then use a hand truck to lift the machine up the stairs.

Well, I was quite a bit out. Tommy got back to me and the crate weighs 100kg (220lbs.) and the 'pro' weighs 83kg (183lbs.).

When I asked about including extra filters he says that each chamber comes with an extra set. The filters can also be reused after washing and drying them.

Back
Top Bottom