How are you feeling?

Oh, I forgot: having a dog helps you get through this darkness. Dogs teach us to live in the present, despite everything that's happening around us. And they love. They teach us how to love, because they love us despite what we are. What a wonderful lesson to learn, what a wonderful light they give to us. :-D
Interestingly, I have been looking at getting a dog, just haven't found the "right" one yet, but I will when I am meant too!

So, there is definitely something "in the air" at least around here...
wow certainly weird stuff going on everywhere it seems, we are worlds apart geographically but experiencing similar "weirdness". I know I don't need to remind people here, but I think an extra dose of vigilance is in order! stay safe everyone :hug2:

Everyone is here to learn. We learn to know each other, to forgive each other, to love. Loving isn't easy, love requires spiritual work and we're living in a time when the spirit has been forgotten, that's why the world is living in this darkness.
And where would I be without this forum, I wonder, without the education it provides, and the support it gives us.
I couldn't agree more, well said :)

I think that there is no right dog. Just be aware, and it is the dog that will find you.

I’ve been wondering about the ‘right’ pet idea. I think especially for those who have cats, it seems to be more the case that the right cat comes along at the right time.

It got me thinking about a recent session where Laura asked about slavery, and the C’s said that originally, slavery was a kind of karmic agreement between the master/owner and a soul who had newly graduated into 3D from 2D.

I wonder if it works the same way for pets too, and that often, if the right pet just happens to come along for you at the right time, it’s because it’s a 2D soul getting ready to graduate to 3D.

From another point of view, and since you brought it up, most of these programs are survival mechanisms, ways in which the out psyche found a way to stay alive and not collapse, that is another incredible fact. Yes we do get stuck not living a full life, and that is its own little topic, but the fact remains.. we're alive, and from most of the reading I have done about cognitive science and therapy modalities, it seems that the most important ingredient for improvement or overcoming, is the desire to live differently.

It's so nuts that the greenbaum speech comes to mind, it's possible to torture someone and rely on their capacity and desire to live on to program them, without that.. torturing someone would simply end in death of the body, but it doesn't.

Well, in the case of Greenbauming, it may cause the death of something inside a person. And the programs we pick up may also and eventually lead to the same, even if not so drastic. There may be a survival mechanism in the formation of our programs. But there is an issue here of corruption, too, I think. In times of trial, particularly during formative events, we seem vulnerable to adopt deep beliefs about who we are, the nature of the world, God, and so on. Often, I think these beliefs have to do with 'deservingness' of being loved and our ability to give love, which also tie into victimhood and so on. Facing these things is going back into the underworld of our unconscious, and it takes time, work, and I think usually necessity from some disease or dysfunction. The source of life can feed a corrupted crystallization until we learn to live a different way, and I think that frequently has to do with removing the denial, facing the lies we have told ourselves, connecting with others, and learning to truly give to others.

Cry and let it out and dissolve. Learning to let go.
+New Moon March 10. This is the time to mourn because the world is ending, it is dissolving and we must mourn it, piscis shows the illusion and the comedy ends. "father in your hands i commend my spirit".

Reminds me
of what Bluegazer once wrote back on 23 April 2022; the beautiful Japanese description of a very particular feeling (which often traverses my mind and heart).

For example, the Japanese coined the term "blue wind" (aoi kaze) to describe a particular state of mind, between a certain sadness and nostalgia.

As with increased awareness of what is and what isn't, knowing one has to let go illusions. While at the same time, there is this sadness and nostalgia flowing though your heart; about what once was (and you did liked it !) but isn't anymore because it can't be (or - it ain't present anymore in the same way).

Like a "slow goodbye".

Reminds me
of what Bluegazer once wrote back on 23 April 2022; the beautiful Japanese description of a very particular feeling (which often traverses my mind and heart).

As with increased awareness of what is and what isn't, knowing one has to let go illusions. While at the same time, there is this sadness and nostalgia flowing though your heart; about what once was (and you did liked it !) but isn't anymore because it can't be (or - it ain't present anymore in the same way).

Like a "slow goodbye".
Colette also has something to say about this emotion, particularly when the present seems like another world, compared with the past, and this is happening now, but also during the Second World War, when everything was missing and people were as if in the middle of a bridge, with the present under their feet, the past behind and an unknown future ahead. She says this in her book "Paris de ma fenêtre" (Paris from my window), written during the Occupation:

"Almost all of us take too little care of the intangibles that fill our memories. We don't clean up after the corners."

It's good to travel back in time, a la Colette or Proust, as the past of our way of life is rich in good memories that can make us feel good emotions, I think! But there's a fine line between good memories and nostalgia. I don't like nostalgia. It makes me sick and prevents me from being in the present, just as it prevents me from adapting to the present. But remembering things that are no longer there is like a tribute to the past, which is still there, in our memory. In a way, it gives new life to this past that accompanied us in a present that is no longer here.

Colette also has something to say about this emotion, particularly when the present seems like another world, compared with the past, and this is happening now, but also during the Second World War, when everything was missing and people were as if in the middle of a bridge, with the present under their feet, the past behind and an unknown future ahead. She says this in her book "Paris de ma fenêtre" (Paris from my window), written during the Occupation:

"Almost all of us take too little care of the intangibles that fill our memories. We don't clean up after the corners."

It's good to travel back in time, a la Colette or Proust, as the past of our way of life is rich in good memories that can make us feel good emotions, I think! But there's a fine line between good memories and nostalgia. I don't like nostalgia. It makes me sick and prevents me from being in the present, just as it prevents me from adapting to the present. But remembering things that are no longer there is like a tribute to the past, which is still there, in our memory. In a way, it gives new life to this past that accompanied us in a present that is no longer here.

Beautifully said! Remembering can be very important for healing for sure. With a bit of word play, re-membering could mean to become a member again, someone who belongs. It could also mean the reintegration of something, some part of our energy or experience, that was dis-membered. Often we remember only the negative, and remembering the good times in our lives (even if we were somewhat clueless rascals at the time) is very healing.

It's one of the forms of 'resourcing' talked about in Healing Developmental Trauma. I think if one does it consciously, then it's different that daydreaming about a golden past and getting lost there. So there's certain a way to walk the path, as always. For me is a way to overcome the tendency to only remember the darkness of the past, which is often be coloured by a dark lens of the present, leading to the projection of a future of only dark moments. Meanwhile, the sun is shining.

Positive Resources

Therapeutically, positive resources tap into those elements of a person’s life, psyche, and nervous system that are functional, organized, and coherent. Positive resources tap into either positive states in the moment or the memory of positive life experiences as they are brought to awareness. Positive resources support stability in the body, in the nervous system, and in social relations by promoting self-soothing, relaxation, and increased organization. Pain, emptiness, anxiety, and myriad fears are symptoms of the real problems—the lack of internal organization and the missing capacity for connection.

A hierarchy of resources supports connection and reorganization. Human resources are the most helpful; any person, such as a loving grandparent, an involved teacher, or a mentor, may have been a positive resource whose image can be called upon in the therapeutic process to support re-regulation and reconnection. The more chronic the early trauma, the harder it often is to find human resources, since humans are often experienced as sources of threat. It is not unusual for clients with the Connection Survival Style to feel safer connecting to animals, nature, or God, any of which can function as a positive resource.

Most of us have access to more resources than we realize. It is important for clinicians to remember that if clients are functioning in the world, they are drawing on resources, internal and external. Even in the most chaotic of lives, there are healthy capacities and resources from which to draw. We have all heard about individuals who came from dysfunctional or abusive families who went on to have successful, meaningful lives as adults. When we read their stories, we often see that they remember one or more significant persons in their lives—a grandmother, teacher, aunt—who taught them that, despite their traumatic home life, there was still love and kindness in the world.

One of my favourite memories was when I was running home from school as a boy. It as just that and nothing else. My backpack was filled with heavy books, but I didn't care - I was running just for the joy of it. It was late spring, I think. And also in my little boy head at the time, there was an idea of something like 'running for the glory of God'. Nothing mattered but that feeling.

Beautifully said! Remembering can be very important for healing for sure. With a bit of word play, re-membering could mean to become a member again, someone who belongs. It could also mean the reintegration of something, some part of our energy or experience, that was dis-membered. Often we remember only the negative, and remembering the good times in our lives (even if we were somewhat clueless rascals at the time) is very healing.

It's one of the forms of 'resourcing' talked about in Healing Developmental Trauma. I think if one does it consciously, then it's different that daydreaming about a golden past and getting lost there. So there's certain a way to walk the path, as always. For me is a way to overcome the tendency to only remember the darkness of the past, which is often be coloured by a dark lens of the present, leading to the projection of a future of only dark moments. Meanwhile, the sun is shining.

One of my favourite memories was when I was running home from school as a boy. It as just that and nothing else. My backpack was filled with heavy books, but I didn't care - I was running just for the joy of it. It was late spring, I think. And also in my little boy head at the time, there was an idea of something like 'running for the glory of God'. Nothing mattered but that feeling.
There are memories, scenes from the past that are like returning to something that is still there, but that this obscure, dangerous period prevents us from seeing, from knowing that we have a thread that binds us to something greater, something stronger. This force that has always been with us, an inner self that has taken care of us which is always there and which we forget is still here.

In times of war, it is essential to make peace with oneself, a task more difficult than making war. As I read you, a memory came to me: when my mother, my sister and I arrived in Canada, my father had been living there for two years. He came to pick us up at the airport, and the memory I have is of my father crying with joy to see us and to kiss my mother. I never saw my father kiss my mother, in fact they didn't like each other at all, but that day my father did it. Making peace with our parents isn't easy, but these days I've made peace with my father so made peace of a part of me and maybe that memory from the past came to me for that reason. On that day, 23 April 1969, I witnessed a man who was moved. And that's a lot. Specially if this man was my father!

Proust shows us that going back to the past is a path to self-knowledge.

Last edited:
That fine line between nostalgia and fond memories is being pushed as we write. (I take nostalgia as being the point of reference that things were better back then; I wish we could return back to that time.) Todays Sott has a couple pieces that are quite hard hitting. Hitting in a way that feels like almost everything is about to be moved into the nostalgia zone. Like during the COVID insanity but way worse. And so I am feeling a kind of dread and loathing…revulsion.

That fine line between nostalgia and fond memories is being pushed as we write. (I take nostalgia as being the point of reference that things were better back then; I wish we could return back to that time.) Todays Sott has a couple pieces that are quite hard hitting. Hitting in a way that feels like almost everything is about to be moved into the nostalgia zone. Like during the COVID insanity but way worse. And so I am feeling a kind of dread and loathing…revulsion.
I know this feeling all too well. I look back at how life was in say, 1986, and I marvel at how our society has changed. But I knew little back then, I was just a happy-go-lucky kid. But life was better back then, communication and social living was undoubtedly easier back then. As an adult looking back on the last 50 years of my life, my hope would be that we have a small "c" conservative reaction to our current malaise. I'd like to see the spirit of 1986 in our contemporary world. Back then I felt good naturally, now I need a coffee and a cigarette just to relieve tension. I know we have been advised by the Cs that we should stay calm and see the course through, but, man, it gets pretty wearing at times. My prayers and meditation is now focused on getting closely in touch with my younger self more. I think I can kinda re-learn some of my old social savoir-fair that way. Nostalgia can be useful because it can remind you of who you used to be, friends and family too. And that's a very good thing for me at least.

A factor is objectivity. I know I was more ignorant and absorbed in the vicissitudes of life back in 86, to pick a year. I didn’t really start waking up until the mid 90’s. So I ask myself, are things any different now or is it just a function of seeing more how things have always been? Certainly there were warning signs that all was not well back into the 50’s. But my assessment is that things really are “worse”, way worse now. It is more and more obvious that humanity is being herded to the edge of a cliff. Even if the memories are mere coping and self-calming mechanisms, they are still nice to have.

Part of me wants to run around screaming, the sky really is falling, wake the F up people. Another part grows in empathy and sorrow with the realization the the reset is gaining momentum and will be a wholesale event far beyond finances and social engineering and, it seems unavoidable…almost hopeless unless we get a cosmic intervention. The same A-holes from Atlantis are baaaack. They haven’t learned and are up to the same old idiocy and they are intentionally violating free will all over the place.

So yeah, it’s a heavy feeling. Like the creepy, eerie D minor synth chord in the movies that foreshadows the coming disaster. I’m prepping, but for what? So I can try to make it as long as possible to watch it all go down. But that going down now feels closer than ever. It shapes up like a struggle to the death; Roland blowing his horn in a noble but lost cause. I loved that story, as a kid. Anyway, a sick doomed feeling I continually do my best to sidestep.

Interesting, I had a similar dream(s) last week. Note that I haven´t had nightmares like that in quite some time (maybe a year now).
One in particular was one morning when I was half asleep and I dreamed that a dark shadow was climbing up on my bed. I woke up then with pure will, I suppose.
Only a few days before that, I woke up in the middle of the night (also around 2-3 a.m.?) screaming/yelling so loud that I woke up my kid who came to me and held me and we fell asleep together. I don´t remember what the dream was about, I only remember that there was some "dark" presence that made me uncomfortable, and I kind of programmed my subconsciousness to start to yell whenever I felt like that and to basically wake myself up.

Also, I noticed the mood amplification for some time now (+2 years?).
I figured it had to do with the Wave. When I´m happy - I´m blissfully happy. When I´m angry - I´m furious. It´s hard to keep the balance, but meditation helps.

Also, I noticed that my kids are arguing more, but I thought it is because the school winter holidays are approaching and basically they are behaving the same way as they did before the summer holidays. So I assume that they are fed up with school.

I´ve been also carrying a weird virus for 17 days now which manifests as an annoying heavy cough that won´t go away no matter what I throw at it (no fever or soar throat, just that cough), and simply a general feeling of weakness accompanied with thoughts of me being so weak and worthless and thoughts that "I can´t make it / do it", so all of that on top is affecting my mood.
I also experienced a weird sickness about a month ago. Flu like symptoms for two days followed by a cough that literally lasted well over a month. I was not in any pain nor did I have any concerning symptoms. Just an annoying cough that I could not hold back . My life has always been filled with neat coincidences and what most would consider to be strange happenings. Yet this past things seem more on the negative side. This is just my perception. Yes the world news and everything online is mostly sad and negative but in my personal life people are just more down and out and drama seems to be coming out of everyone. Don't get me wrong there are still things to be greatful for and I do appreciate the good times in life even if they are rare. 😉 Thanks for the topic it's been awhile since I have shared anything on the forum. Thank you all for being here. 😁🤗

Back
Top Bottom