Don't misunderstand me - I understand their point of view.. I'm arguing with it. Me doing that does not excuse invective laden responses. I'm being polite and reasoned
@Zaphod I am trying to understand. I agree that invectives should not be here and everybody should be polite and reasoned.

I also think that @SOTTREADER has been polite and went out of his/her way to present their reasoning, don't you agree?

I invited you to do the same, as I think that an argument is healthy, it might help us understand how others think and see things. Maybe we're missing something. Maybe you're missing something. We laid it out on this thread, that is why I invite you to do the same: lay out your view of things so that we can see where you're coming from. Can you please do that?

) Yes, that's an absolute concern, however, it doesn't make COVID-19 a hoax
1b) Because while we have the social distancing that controls the problem, in the meantime we might find a cure and/or an inoculation

2) I have to say that nurses with bruised and lined faces, crying in to the tv is pretty compelling
I haven't spend so much time on this forum as many others here and I must say, I'm impressed with the patience and really admirable efforts to reply to someone- yes, I mean you, Zaphod- who is definitely not listening.
I'm a psychward nurse of many years. In my job the faculty to quickly pick up if a patient is really open to receive answers to his questions or if he just wants to linger in the door to receive attention for the sake of attention is quite helpful.
Probably needless to say that I don't spend too much time with them when I think I've figured out that it's about attention and not about answers.

The psychward I work at has been remodelled weeks ago to take the onslaught of Corona patients .... Well, we had a handful of people staying 1 or 2 days until all their testings came back negative and they were sent to another ward. We have basically nothing to do and the neighbouring ward has to deal with all the usual psychiatric patients all by themselves when usually the patient ratio is pretty balanced. As for the rest of the hospital, all the psychotherapeutic wards are almost empty for weeks in a row now and the financial struggle is very real as all elective admissions have been cancelled due to corona.

Well, ok.. I was trying to make genuine discussion.. looks like I'm done.

I'm sorry for the way it went. But in a sense, you might be able to understand how some people can be frustrated to read some stuff you wrote after 600 pages sharing different data and taking time to show you some evidence about the strangeness of this situation, especially after many years spent to understand how things have been working around the world for centuries.

Just about the Nurses, the point is not saying that they're all lying but some members told you that you also should take a look at the nurses that have nothing special to do where they work. Of course, they will show us the worst stories and insist on it.

But, your post arrived just in time since I wanted to say that, at some point, it's useless to go on with such a discussion, not because, what you say is useless or stupid, I value each opinion, but just because I think that everything has already been said from both parts. It would be a total loss of energy.

Actually, this question is turning in a circle and it seems that you don't want or you are not ready/able to reach the same conclusion as we do... One could say that it is because you didn't study all the available material or because you deeply refuse to see what is clear for others. From a certain perspective, It looks like, regardless of what you're saying, there something in you that "blinds" you, programming, ego, strong will for neutrality or contradiction, or whatever. It's just an opinion from what I see after these messages.

IMHO

Actually, this question is turning in a circle and it seems that you don't want or you are not ready/able to reach the same conclusion as we do... One could say that it is because you didn't study all the available material or because you deeply refuse to see what is clear for others. From a certain perspective, It looks like, regardless of what you're saying, there something in you that "blinds" you, programming, ego, strong will for neutrality or contradiction, or whatever. It's just an opinion from what I see after these messages.
Could also be...

1587926968837.png

You should have read the previous 500 pages of DISCUSSION in order to enter it sounding at least intelligent.

Oh good lord.. 500 pages does not make right. Not one person in this entire discussion offered one cogent argument that couldn't be equally attributed to an actual pandemic, and an actual response to a pandemic - and that was my entire point. If I have 500 pages of reason at my disposal that I'm expected to reference, then so do they.

On that note, I'm out.

Digging which quite clearly you're not prepared to do. If you're so sure the evidence is there, why not just provide the evidence instead of condescension? I'm a reasonable chap with no horse in this race

The evidence is not there as, as you've pointed out, the world has reacted to this in a different way to the way it reacts to flu - thus you can't compare stats as being like for like, and the stats at this point are total chaos anyway, as society is struggling to even get a shape on this virus.

There is no stated motivation for the malignant intent you describe - and in fact, I'm struggling to even think of one. Who benefits from the rubble of a once thriving society? How does STS that lives in that society, even benefit more from that, than the alternative of letting the society thrive and feed off the happy, willing participants?
:barf:

Oh good lord.. 500 pages does not make right. Not one person in this entire discussion offered one cogent argument that couldn't be equally attributed to an actual pandemic, and an actual response to a pandemic - and that was my entire point. If I have 500 pages of reason at my disposal that I'm expected to reference, then so do they.

On that note, I'm out.

Totally false. You can find all the answers to your questions in these 500 pages. However you have to make the effort to read it and as we know, there is no free lunch and if you think so, you are the lunch.

I've been trying to 'connect some dots' and I'm desperately trying to find an article I remember reading, but I can't find it in my browser history and I can't remember the title or even the author. The main point of the article was how the WHO guidelines relating to COVID-19 were 'fed' to each European country through 'expert panels' or was it 'covid response groups' in each country. I'm pretty sure I've see such an article, I even thought of translating it. Does anyone remember where it was?

I'm looking into the (dirty) connections of health authorities in my own country, and some individuals have connections to something called EU:s Health Expert Panel:

Back
Top Bottom