About David Icke & James Redfield

Re: About David Icke & James Redfield

E; Closure: I tore it up this weekend, and no, not the Berbalangs, nor any of the other cryptozooites in my pre-internet library put their beds three feet off of the floor that I could find. I fear that I was merely remembering Mutwa. Sorry.

Another reason they do this is so the Tokoloshe can't hide under the bed! :whistle: I am entirely aware of how ridiculous this sounds...oh well...keeps life interesting...

"sir-it is said that under the Mountains of the Moon in Zaire ..." There is a copper city.
This part always stuck out in my mind. I was led in 2005 or so to do an exhaustive
search about this beautiful locale - I am not sure of the exact situation, but the royal
family of England has some direct involvement, either as founders or funders. I found
little back then in the way of anything not involving Mutwa.

Just today I searched "Mountains of the Moon" + "Copper City" + zaire and got all of
twelve hits, each one of which looks traceable to Mutwa. Nothing markedly different.
"Underground City" + "Copper City" + zaire, got me six hits. David Icke states the name
for this city as "Umbaba."

"copper city" ruwenzori This search reveals this singular hit:

_http://answerart.net/qa/?s=week&o=Zapatista%20rebels

Which leads one to inquire about this "Copper City called "Lubumbashi" also near the
Mountains of the Moon - but real. Ok, now I am confused. Two Copper Cities
near the Mountains of the Moon park?! Mask, mistake, misread... ??
Anyone know of any other precedences, other refs etc. about this "Copper City" business?
Thanks

Based on what this thread revealed, I wouldn't take anything coming out of Credo's mouth too seriously.

The Katanga panhandle is a hotspot in terms of what's under the ground there, and the reason for Eastern Congo's instability. Lubumbashi was basically founded on copper.

Blood River – A Journey to Africa’s Broken Heart – Tim Butcher said:
If you look at a map of the Congo, you see that the country appears to have grown a vestigial tail around it’s bottom right-hand corner, known as the Katanga Panhandle. On the surface there seems no clear reason for this outcrop of Congolese territory surrounded on three sides by it’s Southern neighbour, Zambia. It is below the soil that you find the reason why the early Belgian colonialists in the late nineteenth century staked the territory so obstinately, in defiance of British pioneers probing Northwards from what was then Rhodesia. The panhandle includes some of the richest deposits of copper, cobalt and uranium on the planet, a geological quirk that the early Belgian colonialists identified more smartly than their British counterparts.

While Congo’s other provinces have large diamond and gold deposits, it was mainly on Katanga’s mineral wealth that the Belgian colony grew rich in the mid-twentieth century. The uranium for the atom bombs dropped by America on Hiroshima and Nagasaki came from a mine in Katanga, and it was Katanga’s vast copper deposits that really powered the colony’s growth when the reconstruction of Europe and Japan after the Second World War drove a surge in demand for copper. Most of the mineral profits of Katanga were taken by the Belgians, repatriated to Brussels and divided among shareholders from various private corporations, or Sociétés, created by the colonial authorities. But some of the profits were reinvested in Katanga, to build a number of mines, processing plants and factories, serviced by new towns built out of the virgin bush and connected by a web of roads and railways. By the mid-twentieth century Katanga was the most developed province in all of the Congo.

The blessing of Katanga’s mineral wealth became it’s curse when Belgium granted independence to the Congo on 30 June 1960. While maintaining the illusion of handing over a single country to the black Congolese, the authorities in Brussels secretly backed the secession of Katanga from the Congo, financing, arming and protecting the pro-Belgian Katangan leader, Moise Tshombe, in return for a promise that the Belgian mining interests in Katanga would be protected. It was one of the most blatant acts of foreign manipulation in Africa’s chaotic independence period, and it culminated in one of the cruellest acts of twentieth-century political assassination, when Patrice Lumumba, the first Congolese national figure to win an election, was handed over by Belgian stooges to be murdered by Tshombe’s regime.

Lumumba’s mistake was to hint at pro-Soviet sympathies. The mere possibility of the Congo, with it’s huge deposits of copper, uranium and diamonds, falling into the Soviet sphere of influence during the Cold War was too much for the Western powers. Several African nations were already moving into the Communist camp but the Congo was, in the eyes of the West, simply too important to lose to Brussels, with the connivance of Washington, engineered Lumumba’s arrest, torture and transfer to the capital of Katanga, then known by it’s Belgian name of Elizabethville, today Lubumbashi.

It was at the city’s airport in the middle of January 1961 that Lumumba was last seen in public. Members of the UN, already deployed to Katanga to try to deal with the secession crisis, watched Lumumba being bundled out of a cargo plane by soldiers loyal to Tshombe. They said he had been so badly beaten on the flight that he barely moved when he was pushed into a waiting vehicle that whisked him away to a nearby villa owned by a Belgian colonialist. For a long time, what happened next was one of the great mysteries of modern African history, mainly because Lumumba’s body was never found. There were rumours that it was cut up and fed to pigs, or even thrown into the headwaters of the Congo river that rises in mountains to the North-West of Lubumbashi. Tshombe’s regime initially refused to admit he was dead, but when they finally did, they lied, claiming he had been shot dead by villagers after he escaped on foot from police custody.

It took almost forty years before the mystery was eventually solved by a Belgian academic, Ludo De Witte, piecing the history together from official documents released by Brussels in the 1990s. He discovered that various Belgian policemen and security officers – nominally under the command of Tshombe but, in reality, following orders from Brussels – had, on the night of 17 January 1961, driven Lumumba from the villa where he had been taken to rendezvous with a firing squad of local Katangan soldiers about forty-five minutes’ drive from the airport. Lumumba, his face battered almost beyond recognition and his clothes spattered with blood, was made to stand against a large anthill illuminated by the headlights of two cars. He was then executed by firing squad and his body buried in a shallow grave. Fearful the grave might be discovered and turned into a shrine, the Belgians and their Katangan stooges later moved to erase all traces of the Congo’s elected leader. The day after the execution, the corpse was exhumed and driven deeper into the Katangan bush, where it was reburied in another shallow grave until arrangements could be made to get rid of it once and for all.

Under cover of darkness on 22 January 1961 two Belgian brothers, with connections to the Belgian security forces, returned and exhumed the body for a second time. They used a hacksaw and an axe to dismember the decomposing corpse, before dissolving the remains in a 200-litre petrol drum filled with sulphuric acid taken from a nearby copper–processing plant. One of the brothers later admitted he used pliers to remove two of Lumumba’s teeth as souvenirs.

E said:
Argonaut, I noticed a program running in me during this thread as well, subtle, but present nonetheless. My mother and teachers always said to us “if you don’t have something good to say about someone, then you keep your mouth shut”. They were naturally referring to gossip, but it still installed the program. So much so that I sometimes felt guilty during this thread, for ‘speaking badly’ of David Icke. Of course it doesn’t apply to what were doing here, it’s just strange how it still made me feel guilty.

I experienced some guilt too for "speaking badly" of Icke, but for a different reason - fear of being hurtful or mean. When it comes to topics like this it's easy for programmed reactions to get triggered. But overall we've done a great job of not letting our programs hijack the thread, osit.

[quote author=E]
For Pete’s sake, how many programs do we have running?!?
[/quote]

It's pretty astounding, isn't it? It's also interesting to contemplate what we once were - and what we may be in a year or more. When I look back at myself in January 2009, I can see that I was not the same person I am now. Similar in many ways, but with definite changes. And the "me" who first found the C's back in 2006... I barely recognize him! It's easy for me to feel like nothing's changed whatsoever, that I'm still struggling with the same stuff. But looking backwards helps me see differently. In January 2011 - if I continue Working - the "me" who's typing these words will no longer exist. And yet that future "me" will STILL be finding programs that he never realized were there. And he may still need to glance backwards to see that he really ISN'T the same guy as the "me" of January 2010.

[quote author=E]
“Keeping your mouth shut” is an ‘arrangement’ benefitting narcissists and psychopaths, or in this case, COINTELPRO agents. The bottom line is, that the lie should get what it asks for, the truth. In this case, the lie is David Icke.
[/quote]

Exactly. And the question I'm struggling with is, how much truth is enough? What criteria do we use to determine that the lie has fully RECEIVED what it's asked for? Exposing a lie can't be a neverending process, obviously. So where is the end when it comes to exposing Icke? And how can we know when we've reached it?

E said:
Anart said:
and even pick out the obvious disinformation

Argonaut said:
Those urges to quit are just the predator trying to run away and hide.

I thought I'd add some "obvious disinformation" with regard to the 'predator' specifically. I don’t know if “losing the plot” even applies to what David Icke is doing here.

Wow... Yes, the connection he draws here is ridiculous. Just another way to obscure psychopathy, like you said. I wonder if he even touches on "garden-variety" evil at all? How does he explain a serial killer, for instance? I'd think he would mention at least this, and give some explanation for it. Hm... I'll be on the lookout for this sort of info. Because now I'd really like to know. :lol:

E said:
So apart from me not having the time to spend on Icke any longer, I think it’s time wasted given that we have already ‘exposed’ him.

But have we? He seems "exposed" for us, but what about someone else? I'm trying to look at this in terms of External Considering. Is there a way we can add enough - or explore enough different angles - to "expose" Icke to the maximum number of people? Of course, this raises the question of what else we would add, what angles we'd explore, etc. Which may take some serious thinking. We already have most of the "big" relevant data on Icke. And you've already tackled the Credo Mutwa angle very well. Any other angles and data may be less obvious to us, but they might be just what someone else would need to see Icke for what he is.

Personally, I feel that I have one more big post in me - which I will write once I've explored the "line of force" idea some more. If the thread continues after that, I will probably interact and definitely keep reading it... And who knows? Other people might add new stuff that we didn't find, or even consider.

[EDIT: I should add that I'm not trying to convince you to stay involved in this thread. Even if there is more "exposing" to do, it doesn't mean YOU or I have to be the ones doing it. :)]

Argonaut said:
It's pretty astounding, isn't it? It's also interesting to contemplate what we once were - and what we may be in a year or more. When I look back at myself in January 2009, I can see that I was not the same person I am now. Similar in many ways, but with definite changes. And the "me" who first found the C's back in 2006... I barely recognize him! It's easy for me to feel like nothing's changed whatsoever, that I'm still struggling with the same stuff. But looking backwards helps me see differently. In January 2011 - if I continue Working - the "me" who's typing these words will no longer exist. And yet that future "me" will STILL be finding programs that he never realized were there. And he may still need to glance backwards to see that he really ISN'T the same guy as the "me" of January 2010.

No that is amazing. One thing that I always think about, is how everyone develops differently. Everyone comes from different directions, with different sacred cows which invariably lead to different kinds of shocks.

Argonaut said:
I'm struggling with is, how much truth is enough? What criteria do we use to determine that the lie has fully RECEIVED what it's asked for? Exposing a lie can't be a neverending process, obviously.

No I hear what you are saying, and anyone can take the baton and run with it. I just got closure.

Argonaut said:
So where is the end when it comes to exposing Icke? And how can we know when we've reached it?

Well, with a COINTELPRO agent, there is no end until he lays his head down.

Argonaut said:
But have we?

I have enough information. As I said, others can take the baton if they want.

Argonaut said:
Is there a way we can add enough - or explore enough different angles - to "expose" Icke to the maximum number of people? Of course, this raises the question of what else we would add, what angles we'd explore, etc. Which may take some serious thinking.

Are you sure you want to spend your 2010 sifting through disinformation, because what you are proposing is no small task. Is it really necessary to dissect his books for every single bit of disinformation. Don't you think there's enough information here to get anyone very far, and if they are still undecided they can bring their queries here?

Argonaut said:
but they might be just what someone else would need to see Icke for what he is.

I'm not sure if I have much hope for anyone who finished this thread and are still undecided. I don't know. We haven't given the whole cheese, but we sure gave a large chunk of it.

Argonaut said:
Personally, I feel that I have one more big post in me - which I will write once I've explored the "line of force" idea some more.

I'll keep an eye out for that one. ;)

Argonaut said:
If the thread continues after that, I will probably interact and definitely keep reading it... And who knows? Other people might add new stuff that we didn't find, or even consider.

Yup.

Argonaut said:
[EDIT: I should add that I'm not trying to convince you to stay involved in this thread. Even if there is more "exposing" to do, it doesn't mean YOU or I have to be the ones doing it. :)]

Indeed! Time’s a wastin' ;)

E said:
One thing that I always think about, is how everyone develops differently. Everyone comes from different directions, with different sacred cows which invariably lead to different kinds of shocks.

Yes, and what's good about a forum like this is that all those sacred cows can get shocked, because there are so many different people here who can collectively see through all of them. I like what Laura wrote, in a letter she quoted in this thread. She stated that the "group mirror" here actually takes the place of having a single "master." She then added, "The individual must, however, be willing to submit to the consensus of the group as composing a 'Man number 5'." I read this just last night, and it caused a mini paradigm shift in me. Up until then, despite the great mirroring done in this forum, I thought along the lines of our teacher or "master" being Laura and/or the C's. So I've undergone a change in my thinking even in the short time between now and when I last posted!

This also demonstrates the vast gulf between Laura and David Icke. Icke not only works alone, he has also set himself up as the "master" of his followers - whether or not he admits this or even realizes it. For Icke there is ONLY ICKE. We are to submit to him for wisdom, and he submits to nobody. And why should he? He's already One with the Consciousness beyond the Matrix! It reminds me of something Dr. George Simon wrote in In Sheep's Clothing about the narcissistic personality:

In Sheep's Clothing said:
Both [narcissistic and aggressive personalities] are emotionally independent personalities. That is, they rely on themselves to get what they need. Milton describes narcissists as passive-independent personalities because they think so much of themselves that they believe that they just don't need anybody else to get along in life. They don't necessarily have to do anything to demonstrate competence and superiority because they're already convinced of it.

A few of the manipulation tactics described in the book also fit Icke pretty well. We've noticed these two several times:

Diversion
Manipulators use distraction and diversion techniques to keep the focus off their behavior, move us off-track, and keep themselves free to promote their self-serving hidden agendas. Sometimes this can be very subtle. You may confront your manipulator on a very important issue only to find yourself minutes later wondering how you got on the topic you're talking about then.

Evasion
Closely related to diversion, this is a tactic by which a manipulator tries to avoid being cornered on an issue by giving rambling, irrelevant responses to a direct question or otherwise trying to skirt an issue. A subtle, but effective form of evasion is the deliberate use of vagueness. Covert-aggressives are adept at giving vague answers to the simplest, most direct questions. You have to have a sensitive ear for this. Sometimes the vagueness is not so pronounced and you think you have an answer when in fact you don't.

Icke's petty message about that dissenting forum (after his attempt to shut it down failed), seemed to involve ALL of the following:

Shaming
This is the technique of using subtle sarcasm and put-downs as a means of increasing fear and self-doubt in others. [...] Using rhetorical comments, subtle sarcasm and other techniques, they can invite you to feel ashamed of yourself for even daring to challenge them.

Playing the Victim Role
This tactic involves portraying oneself as a victim of circumstance or someone else's behavior in order to gain sympathy, evoke compassion and thereby get something from another.

Vilifying the Victim
This tactic is frequently used in conjunction with the tactic of playing the victim role. The aggressor uses this tactic to make it appear he is only responding (i.e. defending himself against) aggression on the part of the victim.

Playing the Servant Role
Covert-aggressives use this technique to cloak their self-serving agendas in the guise of service to a more noble cause. It's a common tactic but difficult to recognize. By pretending to be working hard on someone else's behalf, covert-aggressives conceal their own ambition, desire for power, and quest for a position of dominance over others.

I've noticed some of these tendencies in other things written/said by Icke - usually when talking to or about someone critical of him. But that one message he wrote was a very impressive display. And this isn't even counting the overt threatening and aggression while he was trying to shut that forum down!

E said:
Argonaut said:
I'm struggling with is, how much truth is enough? What criteria do we use to determine that the lie has fully RECEIVED what it's asked for? Exposing a lie can't be a neverending process, obviously.

No I hear what you are saying, and anyone can take the baton and run with it. I just got closure.

Which is totally fine. I think I need to figure out if I'm too attached to this. Do I think I CAN'T leave because exposing Icke has become my responsibility? My duty? I know that you and I have become the main contributors to this thread, but that doesn't mean we have to keep plugging away. I don't feel yet that I have closure. But I need to stay alert and determine if I have a deeper, more personal motive than just getting closure. It may be something like a drive to make everyone happy, proud, impressed, etc. This sort of thing would be in line with my "people pleasing" program. This anxiety might be my Chief Feature, as it seems to be an underlying thread in so much of what I say and do.

E said:
Argonaut said:
So where is the end when it comes to exposing Icke? And how can we know when we've reached it?

Well, with a COINTELPRO agent, there is no end until he lays his head down.

To a degree this is true. But as far as determining the big picture, there's only so much one can "expose." Continuing beyond that point would just be repeating the same stuff - beating a dead horse. Even when Icke says/writes/does something new, it would fit within things that have already been said about him. Unless he completely shifts gears. Which I don't see happening, but he has done it once. :lol:

E said:
Are you sure you want to spend your 2010 sifting through disinformation, because what you are proposing is no small task. Is it really necessary to dissect his books for every single bit of disinformation.

Not at all. I think the disinformation angle has been pretty well covered. At least for us (Cass members), since much of it has involved comparing Icke to our own understanding of Reality. Which wouldn't really convince someone who disagrees with our understanding. But this doesn't matter, because the thread isn't here to "convince the world." It's for Cass members who are unsure what to think of him. And I think we've done a good job of exposing his disinfo within that context.

But what I was talking about doing was finding completely different angles of approach. And also adding a bit here and there (if needed) to make what we've already said more "complete" - like the manipulation definitions I quoted above, or the "reptilian brain" info you posted. I don't intend to bury myself in Icke's work for months on end. Just like you, I have far more important things to focus on. :)

As far as I'm concerned, all the major angles have been pretty well covered, and you clearly feel the same. I do have some interest in digging up more on Arizona Wilder, but I think I'll put that on the back burner for a while. The line of force is the thing I plan to devote more study to right now, because there may be an important "key" in that idea. We also haven't specifically listed Icke's "fruits," but I think those are pretty clear based on what's already been discussed.

E said:
Don't you think there's enough information here to get anyone very far, and if they are still undecided they can bring their queries here?

Good point. It might be best to just let the info-seekers direct the thread; that way we know we're helping if we contribute further, as opposed to just "hoping" that what we're adding is helpful.

E said:
I'm not sure if I have much hope for anyone who finished this thread and are still undecided. I don't know. We haven't given the whole cheese, but we sure gave a large chunk of it.

Yes, and there's something else I thought of... We don't necessarily want to hand them everything on a silver platter, do we? There's benefit in people digging for themselves. It's what helped you and I so much. You know, "learning is fun" and so on. :D

All I can say is I'm pretty impressed with where this thread has gone and the insights that have come out of this discussion. It is definitely an example of the Cs idea of "networking", i.e. research and discussion leading to understanding.

Wow Argonaut, great post! Icke has exhibited all those character traits from In Sheep's Clothing! I just see him so clearly in my mind's eye guilty of all the above!

Argonaut said:
"The individual must, however, be willing to submit to the consensus of the group as composing a 'Man number 5'."

Yes, I was just reading yesterday in In Search of the Miraculous how Gurdjieff talks about the 'submitting' part being one of the most difficult things for people, and how the group eventually teaches each other.

Argonaut said:
Do I think I CAN'T leave because exposing Icke has become my responsibility? My duty?

I think my greatest drive throughout this thread was also a feeling of responsibility because of my agitation with Icke misleading so many people. Just last night I was with people and his name came up twice in conversation.

Argonaut said:
Unless he completely shifts gears. Which I don't see happening, but he has done it once. :lol:

:lol: The only gear left for him to shift is from 'the son of God' to 'God himself'! :evil:

Argonaut said:
But what I was talking about doing was finding completely different angles of approach. And also adding a bit here and there (if needed) to make what we've already said more "complete" - like the manipulation definitions I quoted above, or the "reptilian brain" info you posted.

I'm with you, there is much scope for fine-tuning, I agree.

Argonaut said:
There's benefit in people digging for themselves. It's what helped you and I so much. You know, "learning is fun" and so on.

Aye Aye Captain!

Laura said:
It is definitely an example of the Cs idea of "networking", i.e. research and discussion leading to understanding.

It was a good run. :)

Laura said:
All I can say is I'm pretty impressed with where this thread has gone and the insights that have come out of this discussion. It is definitely an example of the Cs idea of "networking", i.e. research and discussion leading to understanding.

Thank you for saying this; it helps me see that any occasional lapses in objectivity didn't have a detrimental effect overall. The sum total of our networking smoothed over these rough spots, giving a very objective and thorough result. I'm still floored at some of the stuff we found. Stuff I've never seen in any other critique of Icke, ever! Maybe because most of his detractors don't consider him worth much effort. They just see him as a garden-variety crackpot or con-artist. So this sort of detailed critique was begging to be done, and I'm happy to have been part of it. I'd also never seen a solid examination of Credo Mutwa until E presented it in this thread. I'm so glad we came together and did this.

[EDIT - typo]

E said:
Wow Argonaut, great post! Icke has exhibited all those character traits from In Sheep's Clothing! I just see him so clearly in my minds eye guilty of all the above!

Yes, they match so well that I wonder if Icke may actually BE a "covert-aggressive" personality. This is mainly something that manifests in person-to=person relationships, not in writing for an audience. But it's interesting that whenever he's scratched or challenged, out come these tactics.

E said:
Argonaut said:
"The individual must, however, be willing to submit to the consensus of the group as composing a 'Man number 5'."

Yes, I was just reading yesterday in In Search of the Miraculous how Gurdjieff talks about the 'submitting' part being one of the most difficult things for people, and how the group eventually teaches each other.

It's sobering to consider how Ouspensky could remember this, write about it, and yet himself succumb to that exact difficulty. It demonstrates how vigilant we have to be in submitting ourselves to this group.

E said:
Argonaut said:
Do I think I CAN'T leave because exposing Icke has become my responsibility? My duty?

I think my greatest drive throughout this thread was also a feeling of responsibility because of my agitation with Icke misleading so many people.

Yes, such agitation was also partly fueling my "villify Icke" program.

E said:
Argonaut said:
Unless he completely shifts gears. Which I don't see happening, but he has done it once. :lol:

:lol: The only gear left for him to shift is from 'the son of God' to 'God himself'! :evil:

True. Which, disturbingly, doesn't seem too outside the realm of possibility with him.

E said:
Argonaut said:
There's benefit in people digging for themselves. It's what helped you and I so much. You know, "learning is fun" and so on.

Aye Aye Captain!

I hope I'm not viewed as the Captain of this thread! That would be a lot of pressure, for one thing. :lol:

[quote author=Argonaut]
E said:
Aye Aye Captain!
I hope I'm not viewed as the Captain of this thread! That would be a lot of pressure, for one thing. :lol:
[/quote]
I actually always use that phrase wrongly. I say it to people when I'm in acknowledgement of what they say. ;)

E said:
[quote author=Argonaut]
E said:
Aye Aye Captain!
I actually always use that phrase wrongly. I say it to people when I'm in acknowledgement of what they say. ;)
[/quote]

Ah, I see. I figured you probably didn't mean it literally. :lol:

By the way, I should add that I'm still reading Icke's autobiography, so I'm guessing that'll lead to a few more posts as well. It's a very interesting read so far.

Argonaut said:
By the way, I should add that I'm still reading Icke's autobiography, so I'm guessing that'll lead to a few more posts as well. It's a very interesting read so far.

When was that autobiography published?

Just on a last note about the Tokoloshe; I 'interrogated' a Ndebele woman today, and her story correlates 'to a T' with Credo's explanation in his book, so it does appear as if Credo's stories back then were a little more reliable than nowadays.

She says the Tokoloshe 'practise' is still widespread, although more rural than urban...who needs fiction?

E said:
When was that autobiography published?

Way back in 1993, right about the beginning of Icke's career. The last chapter (yes, I peeked) goes into detail on predictions for the future that Icke "received." So it will be interesting to read those, 17 years later. I'm wondering why the book has never been reprinted, given Icke's popularity. Maybe I'll find out as I read it. :)

[quote author=E]

Just on a last note about the Tokoloshe; I 'interrogated' a Ndebele woman today, and her story correlates 'to a T' with Credo's explanation in his book, so it does appear as if Credo's stories back then were a little more reliable than nowadays.

She says the Tokoloshe 'practise' is still widespread, although more rural than urban...who needs fiction?

[/quote]

Interesting. I'm still curious as to what shifted his interpretation to the "alien conspiracy" angle. All his studying of western culture, maybe?
[/quote]

Back
Top Bottom