Alcohol

I rarely ever drink alcohol except maybe a couple of beers once a year or so at a family reunion or other event. I don`t really like beer, and I especially don`t like the fact that it`s made from wheat or barley and dosed with cane sugar.
So I decided to make my own, to take to the occasional party in order to avoid the wheat laced stuff, which is just about all you can get out there.

I made mine with buckwheat ( I had to malt it myself) and all organic ingredients, including flavoring it with organic tangerine extract. I haven`t tried it yet, it needs another week to condition, but it will be interesting to see if it comes out tasting ok.
It`s probably still not good for you, but it can`t be as bad as the commercial stuff.

I agree with anart on this, it is toxic for the body and messes with your brain chemicals.

Perhaps it is worth revisiting some C's sessions that are relevent.

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,20995.0.html
Q: (L) We have all been pretty sick recently, including Ailén and Atreides who are going through something. What we would like to know is: what is the cause of this sickness and is theirs related, or something different?

A: Related to similar cause.

Q: (L) And what is that cause?

A: Amplification of infective agent brought courtesy of Paleofest attendee.

Q: (L) When you say it was brought by an attendee; was it just a normal flu or was it given to them for the specific purpose of bringing it to us?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) And where did that person get the bug?

A: In public place.

Q: (L) I guess it would not be cheating to ask who it was?

A: Among earliest arrivals and the one who became sick first.

(discussion about who it could be)

Q: (REL) What would they gain by making us sick?

A: That should be obvious: hoping for a “hit”.

Q: (REL) So, it was a pretty powerful bug if they were hoping for a hit. That means that we actually are stronger than we used to be.

Q: (Ailén) So, what can we do to get better? Are we doing enough?

A: On the right track. Protect the liver.

If you are consuming alcohol you are not protecting your liver - you are adding to its toxic burden. Like all knowledge, if not applied you leave a 'gap' in your awareness through with outside influences can control you. In this case the results may be that of allowing in 'pathogens'.
Which brings on the next point (and this may become quite relevant soon) - doing all you can to not allow 'pathogens' in.

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,21918.0.html
Q: (Belibaste) So it means that aliens like the Black Death virus because they don't like people that smoke? (L) What? (Psyche) No, you should read the article in the next issue of The Dot Connector magazine: "New Light on the Black Death: The Viral and Cosmic Connection". (L) If you look at it from a 4th density perspective, when something like the Black Death comes and there is global suffering - and when you read about it, the Black Death is just horrible - but if there was such suffering on our planet from something like that, 4D STS would be getting a rich feast of suffering which is what they feed on. So, an alien virus would be interactive with 4D reality by providing its food.

A: Close enough!

Q: (Andromeda) When will this start? (Atriedes) That's kind of a prediction... (laughter) (Galaxia) Soon, or long term?

A: 18 months to 2 years.

Q: (L) In other words, if Elenin or something else has something like that in its tail, and the earth goes through the tail, it can still take a year or so for it to precipitate onto the earth?

A: Yes

Q: (Galaxia) Will colloidal silver help us fight the plague?

A: Not alone, but very helpful.

Q: (Galaxia) Will our dietary changes help us fight it off?

A: Enormously!!! Especially fat consumption for cell protection.

I understood this to mean a low carb high fat diet. One thing beer has next to the alcohol is a lot of carbs, so it is not conducive to the diet.
On alcohol and ketosis

_http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips011.html
Will drinking alcohol affect ketosis?

No and yes. The liver can make ketones out of alcohol, so technically, when you drink you'll continue to produce ketones and so will remain in ketosis. The problem is ... alcohol converts more easily to ketones than fatty acids, so your liver will use the alchol first, in preference to fat. Thus, when you drink, basically your FAT burning is put on hold until all the alcohol is out of your system.

This rapid breakdown of alcohol into ketones and acetaldehyde (the intoxicating by-product) ... tends to put low carbers at risk for quicker intoxication ... especially if no other food is consumed to slow absorption.

Fat as a fuel source is the goal here, not alcohol.
On acetaldehyde:
_http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1432338/
Acetaldehyde is a major metabolic product of ethanol and is found in high concentrations in the serum during alcohol abuse. The effects of acetaldehyde on isolated rat liver cells and on purified hepatocyte plasma membrane vesicles have been studied. In concentrations of 0-10 millimolar acetaldehyde has been shown to have no detectable effect on either hepatocyte metabolism or gross membrane function and is therefore unlikely to act as a direct metabolic poison. Acetaldehyde, however, is shown to bind to hepatocyte membranes via intermediary Schiff's base formation. The adduction of acetaldehyde to liver cell plasma membranes may have an effect on membrane structure. These findings are consistent with the hypothesis that any injurious effect of acetaldehyde on the liver may be mediated via the immune system rather than being a direct effect on cell metabolism.

And

_http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2801286/
Ethanol has been suggested to elevate HCV titer in patients and to increase HCV RNA in replicon cells, suggesting that HCV replication is increased in the presence and absence of the complete viral replication cycle, but the mechanisms remain unclear. In this study, we use Huh7 human hepatoma cells that naturally express comparable levels of CYP2E1 as human liver to demonstrate that ethanol, at subtoxic and physiologically relevant concentrations, enhances complete HCV replication. The viral RNA genome replication is affected for both genotypes 2a and 1b. Acetaldehyde, a major product of ethanol metabolism, likewise enhances HCV replication at physiological concentrations. The potentiation of HCV replication by ethanol is suppressed by inhibiting CYP2E1 or aldehyde dehydrogenase and requires an elevated NADH/NAD+ ratio. In addition, acetate, isopropyl alcohol, and concentrations of acetone that occur in diabetics enhance HCV replication with corresponding increases in the NADH/NAD+. Furthermore, inhibiting the host mevalonate pathway with lovastatin or fluvastatin and fatty acid synthesis with 5-(tetradecyloxy)-2-furoic acid or cerulenin significantly attenuates the enhancement of HCV replication by ethanol, acetaldehyde, acetone, as well as acetate, whereas inhibiting β-oxidation with β-mercaptopropionic acid increases HCV replication. Ethanol, acetaldehyde, acetone, and acetate increase the total intracellular cholesterol content, which is attenuated with lovastatin. In contrast, both endogenous and exogenous ROS suppress the replication of HCV genotype 2a, as previously shown with genotype 1b. Conclusion: Therefore, lipid metabolism and alteration of cellular NADH/NAD+ ratio are likely to play a critical role in the potentiation of HCV replication by ethanol rather than oxidative stress.

The point being, if consuming fat/being on a low carb diet protects cell membranes and potentially protects from pathogens (among other things), alcohol appears (if I'm understanding the above correctly) to selectively reverse that protection, especially in the liver.

Some food for thought.

anart said:
Alma.Innovadora said:
A friend once said: "marijuana and the alcohol is the key to wisdom, we talk and think about deep things that sometimes you can not do, being conscious and sober. Things on your mind is free, some a bit crazy, but somehow this make us think."

I do not support this, but surely there things starting to emerge and as the cigarette depends on your genetic profile perhaps? And just as the commercial cigarette, contains substances toxic, also the alcohol and this are the cause of these problems to a level organic?

The problem with alcohol, specifically, is that it puts you into an altered state and it is toxic for your body. Alcohol is a hard one because it's such an accepted part of western culture, it's a 'normal and healthy' part of life, in moderation, or so we're told. Of course, we're told the same thing about bread! Beer was the last thing I gave up on the diet. I didn't want to. I sort of 'kept it around', since I'd used beer to relax and unwind since my teens and it was a 'comfort'. I was 'used to it' and was pretty darn stubborn about letting it go, actually. Once I did, I was astonished at how much inflammation it was causing me. The difference was so startling that I've had no qualms about leaving it behind. I think the use of alcohol is an enormous buffer and one of the most common ways to prolong sleep - not to mention the fact that it causes significant inflammation, thus affecting your health and mood and ability to think/perceive clearly.

I completely agree! That's why I do not support drinking or smoking marijuana to "free the mind" much less to help you think, is double edged. In addition to memory loss was causing havoc. For me was ​easy to let the alcohol and the difference was pretty significant to level organic. Was better to letting it go completely that to drink moderately.

Redfox said:
...it is toxic for the body and messes with your brain chemicals.

RF said:
If you are consuming alcohol you are not protecting your liver - you are adding to its toxic burden.

Hi Redfox. I too agree with anart about the need to abstain for a lengthy period to 'test' it's affects.

However your words above have been used numerous times to discredit the partaking of tobacco too. Just change out alcohol for tobacco and liver for lungs. And to a small degree it would be somewhat true.

There do seem to be benefits in both tobacco and alcohol for certain people. I'm not so sure it's a black and white situation.

cholas said:
There do seem to be benefits in both tobacco and alcohol for certain people. I'm not so sure it's a black and white situation.

What benefits of alcohol are you aware of?

I was mostly thinking about what the C's had mentioned, posted earlier on in this thread:

28 Oct 1994 said:
Q: (L) Is there ever a case when ingestion of pot or alcohol
are beneficial in a spiritual way?

17 December 1994

Q: (L) Was our alcohol consumption bad for us?
A: Only if in excess.

7 November 1998

Q: Okay, I talked about my dream about the explosion in the
sky and the sky being full of UFOs and the guy coming out
of the woods in the jeep...
A: Sort of like George Bush's "thousand points of light,"
yes?
Q: So, you mean that my thousands of little space craft...
Q: So, George Bush's Thousand Points of Light are connected
to a space invasion... One thing I noticed about these
beings in these space craft, was that they could not
respond to anything that was not in their program... and
that this was their weakness. Was that an accurate
assessment?
A: Yes when one is really a programmed biocyberprobe.
Q: What was the key to the guy who was off in the woods
drinking and hunting and missed the whole programming
thing? What made him immune to programming?
A: Altered reality. Also, alcohol removes fear,
intimidation, and inhibition.

Though it's not handy now, I recall a session where the use of painkillers was discussed. Personally, I have always thought of non-organic drugs as 'bad' but it was mentioned that there are, at times, real benefits. Just as another example of a 'poison' possibly being beneficial.

Another sacred cow.....pasture-bound.

I'll look for it.

cholas said:
I was mostly thinking about what the C's had mentioned, posted earlier on in this thread:

Well, considering the research we've done since then and the people at the board at that session, I think more data is needed before it is concluded that alcohol is good for a person. I think it can, temporarily, lower stress level and it does produce GABA in the brain (from what I understand), but the price the body pays in inflammation and liver load (not to mention the feeding of candida) likely far outweigh the benefits. I think we need more data on it, though.

I completely agree anart and am not trying to promote or defend it's use.

More research, definitely.

I think that since in that time there weren't other ways known to relieve stress, alcohol seemed to be the best option at the time. But I think with the increase of knowledge (one could simply take GABA for example) and the development of the stress-relieving EE program, not to say the knowledge of the right diet, the use of alcohol is not needed anymore. Just what I think, at the moment.

Cs said:
Also, alcohol removes fear, intimidation, and inhibition.

I find that smoking does the same too (maybe not as much though). Pretty interesting!

This thread has been valuable for someone who has had a problematic relationship with alcohol. My thanks to you all.

I had my first experiences of drunkenness at sixteen, but luckily drinking did not develop into a regular habit at that point. Over the years it got to be more frequent, as meeting up with friends on the weekends involved the use of alcohol. (I never drank on my own.) It got to the point where many times I would end up drinking until I couldn’t any more with black outs and hangovers from hell as end result.

Several times I would beforehand think that this time I would not drink as much, just to find myself go with the flow again. Luckily the drinking was not weekly, averaging maybe once or twice a month in the heyday, getting less frequent after the ”roaring twenties”.

Even though we met up with the friends less frequently, every few months on average, things ended up the usual way; drinking and often for the both evenings of the weekend.

Long story short, in my early thirties I started to realise that the drinking, even though irregular, was starting to take some serious toll: especially on monday mornings at work I would feel that I could not do my best and be present to the best of my ability (I have an occupation where meeting with people has do be handled with discreet, and the technical aspects have to be done with precision).

One monday morning especially was difficult, and then and there I decided that drinking for 2 days in a row would be over from now on.

However, I found out that drinking for one day was enough on its own, with the hangover still lasting for several days (the monday would be troublesome for sure). Also the mental aspects of the hangovers were beginning to be really rotten, with pretty bad feelings of depression.

I started to downsize, sticking with 3 to 4 units, but eventually found out that just a few drinks would still cause very poor sleep and a hangovery feeling that would reverberate for some days.
At this point I had already started to implement the diet information and EE, and possibly my body being in a more tuned state just communicated that alcohol is a no-no in general. (Even though I was avoiding beer, being loaded with gluten).

It’s been now several months since I have had a drink. It’s a curious thing: for years before I reached this point I would repeatedly have this intuition type of thought come to mind, where I would quite clearly realise that I shouldn’t be doing this booze thing to this extent: that it was not to my benefit. Sadly it took quite a long time before I really internalized it.

One thing I thought about when starting to distance myself from drinking were my friends: should I just stop associating myself with them if I end up drinking and with a physical and emotional hangover lasting for days. I came to the conclusion that ceasing contact would maybe be too much, as with few of them I have a genuinely closer friendship going back since childhood. (Most of us live around the country and we tend to meet up as a group to catch up.)

I have found a good strategy now to be to do the catching up and as the athmosphere starts to get too drunken towards the late evening, to just bid farewell in an appropriate moment and depart in time without dragging on until the wee hours (as I tended to do earlier due to my ”make nice” program).

Enaid put it well:

Enaid said:
I have lots of opportunity to be around people who like to drink. It's highly unnerving to watch how the same patterns repeat over and over and how they revert to lose all capacity for thinking and are just a bundle of emotions and feeding. That's why I prefer to avoid it.

With many of the people I know the drinking habits picked up as a teenager seem to persist.

Thankfully the few closest friends of mine that I associate the most with, do not drink to the ”early standards” anymore either.

Have a bit of a turbulent history with alcohol; used to drink alone often & in plentiful excess - when I think about all the money wasted... yikes!

Last Thursday & on Saturday I had whiskey. Initially a "make nice" program, followed by rationalising (it'd wake me up/make me feel better & it was free). It definitely 'did' something, dreams have a different flavour.

It was odd, especially now that I don't drink as I used to. Along with diet changes, I hope to get over the 'mask' & just can drinking. It hasn't done my brain or body any good, in fact worsened, & I don't know how it affects other people internally with specifics but has shown itself time & time again that it's not for me.

Probably one of the most destructive elements in my life to date.

After not drinking any alcohol for several years, I had a glass of wine before dinner one evening. The next morning, I rolled over in bed and had the worst vertigo I had ever experienced. It took 2 months to fully recover from this positional vertigo. So I don't know if there is a direct correlation and the alcohol was the trigger, because I'm afraid to find out! Haven't touched a drop of alcohol since.

As you detox off wheat, dairy, alcohol and sugar, if you cheat, you can really feel the effects of the food you consumed. It is my best deterrant.

I am off all grains, have some cheese on a rare occasion (no other dairy), try to eat the correct fat/protein ratio, drink lots of 'good' water and get great exercise in the garden. I have lost about 60 lbs in the last few years (still need to lose a few more!) with the low carb/paleo diet. Not quite truly ketogenic yet, but am working on it. (I love to cook!!) But, I do like to have a glass of red wine or three on occasion. When I do, I make sure my carb intake is very low, as I know wine has alot of sugar. Is this a bad thing? Don't feel bad in the AM, just get up and do my 'routine'. Which, I might add, is by where I live and what I do (which I do not wish to disclose at this time) and not a 'program'.

I'm curious about alcohol in ketosis. There are vines that contain a little of carbs, for exmple there are white dry vines that contain appr. 4gr of carbs per 1 littre. How do you think, whould it ruin ketosis if you drink some galass of such vine?

Serg said:
I'm curious about alcohol in ketosis. There are vines that contain a little of carbs, for exmple there are white dry vines that contain appr. 4gr of carbs per 1 littre. How do you think, whould it ruin ketosis if you drink some galass of such vine?
There's some evidence that small amounts of alcohol can help ketosis. The problem comes from it's effect on the liver and brain.

Back
Top Bottom