All there is is lessons? It is FUN?

Imagine that you are surrounded with people who you are constantly exhausted his stupidity, lies and intrigues, try to stay immune, attentive and polite.
Do you really think that more people are waking up, turn around and list the people who truly care about you, which you have shown your true colors without the fear that you are condemned.
How many people know what you are truly a person with all the strengths and weaknesses?

casper said:
Imagine that you are surrounded with people who you are constantly exhausted his stupidity, lies and intrigues, try to stay immune, attentive and polite.

Then maybe you need to surround yourself with other people, in case you are talking about your friends. If it is a workplace, you need to keep your focus on doing your best in doing the Work, without allowing yourself to be sidetracked with other people's drama or problems.

casper said:
Do you really think that more people are waking up, turn around and list the people who truly care about you, which you have shown your true colors without the fear that you are condemned.
How many people know what you are truly a person with all the strengths and weaknesses?

In the Work, your focus needs to be on yourself first. You seem to be preoccupied with other people's opinion about you.

While it is important to have meaningful relationships where you can open up and connect with friends, or a partner, or a group of people doing the Work - it is even more important not to lose yourself. Staying present (self-remembering) without becoming identified in the details of your inner or outer world.

No problem romochar, thanks for chiming in and sharing that quote :)

axj said:
While it is important to have meaningful relationships where you can open up and connect with friends, or a partner, or a group of people doing the Work - it is even more important not to lose yourself. Staying present (self-remembering) without becoming identified in the details of your inner or outer world.

Yes, and as Gurdjieff said:

G. said:
External considering is based upon an entirely different relationship towards people than internal considering. It is adaptation towards people, to their understanding, to their requirements. By considering externally a man does that which makes life easy for other people and for himself. External considering requires a knowledge of men, an understanding of their tastes, habits, and prejudices. At the same time external considering requires a great power over oneself, a great control over oneself.

I can understand though, it can be difficult and depressing when you have few to no friends or family around with whom you can share what you've learned, without being condemned. And you might tend to lose hope. But as axj said, try not to let that get to you, these can be opportunities for you to practice external consideration, and perhaps you will find ways to talk with them about events that could pique their interest. In my experience, it took some time before others in my immediate surroundings showed an interest in what I was learning. I've been ridiculed many times for my dietary changes for example, but gradually they started to ask me for advice on diet and health! I think the best thing you can do, is to be as externally considerate as you can be, even if that means 'playing ignorant' or using humor to talk about things, or just talk about things they feel comfortable about. As G. said, try to do that which makes life easy for yourself and others.

Meanwhile, with continued input and efforts in spreading the truth (not forcing it onto people, but spreading it in ways that will reach those who ask: Forum participation, Social media, blogging perhaps, etc.), hopefully more people will 'wake up' to what's going on on this planet. I do think and hope that this can make a difference, if only for one person out there. In the end, all there is is lessons, and we do what we can with what we have. Hope this helps.

you really do not know what with what I predators and psychopaths surrounded.
they watch and enjoy when you find it difficult, with them you can not talk about anything interesting because they are concerned only with themselves and their bodies, sex them is the most interesting topic and then are vulgar and disgusting.
Humor for them is a mockery to other people,, poor in their stupidity.
The greatest feat of their testimony about their children, how wonderful and beautiful, do not see what's going on in the world, does not interest them nothing if they do not have some sort of interest in it, especially financial.
You're my only satisfaction and pull me out of the stupid idea, but trust me these psychopaths are not met and it's really hard to stay focused and calm.
This lesson for me takes a bit too long and I think she started to take a part of me since I became a person who is no longer allowed and not joking.
thanks anyway.

For the Pot to say(versus ask?) The Potter... I think you can ask, but you might not like the answer.

On paper, yes you can say:

Would you like: health, Yes [ ] or No [ ]

I mean, I've asked myself many a time;

Do I want healthy teeth, Yes or No.
On paper, its EASY to Check YES!...
But brushing my teeth on a daily basis is a whole different matter. (I haven't been able to brush my teeth for more than 7days in a row, since childhood, so this Question has been perplexing for many years)

I think the Answer comes from a Slipknot song, wherein there is this lyric "I am the infinite finite",

Or as I have come to see, IMPERFECT. OR, I'm Perfect.

The imperfect perfect.

Do I want to be perfect? Yes [ ] No [ ]

Oh yes yes... Uh huh.

But the crux is, I think a simple one.

If you reach a state of perfection(whatever that means),
It might be as if you were in The Eye of The Storm. Calm, Bliss... And, I don't want to say " stagnant", but somehow "not-moving"?

And So, imperfection provides catalyst for movement.
In my life, this has been So.

But I DO WONDER, if all is lessons, and a school...

In this society, you go to school to EVENTually GET a job, a career, a profession, make a LIVING.

UNLESS, you're a Career Student, as theyre called.

Usually you study lessons cuz you want to USE that knowledge (knowing where the ledge is?) so you can get OUT THERE in the WORLD, and DO SOMETHING, with those lessons, maybe RIDE the LEDGE and not fall off.. But not just kicking back in safety from afar saying " hoopity hooplah" like you KNOW something... but DOing NO THING.

I wonder.. Cuz I love learning, it IS fun, but sometimes I wonder where the balance point is between KNOWLEDGE Vs. Useless Trivia.

Most or a lot of what I've learned I cannot apply, or I choose not to apply, cuz it doesn't interest me. Or its just plain boring. (although all things are connected so, cross referencing is AWESOME, I learned how to make pancakes and with that knowledge I could easily change my brakes! Its a very weird world)

Questions QUEST.IONS
We're on a mission for the MISSing IONs.

What is even perfection? For each individual it is something else, because someone who has something longs for something that no.Ego?
Rebirth begin life lessons since we last forget.By accident? Of course not.
Somebody love, and somebody does not like studying, somebody is it fun, but somebody suffering.
I just want to have a choice.
Life itself is actually a useless quiz.
Who wants repeat all over again?
Do you think we will ever be able to avoid karma?
I'll be back to the beginning: what is perfection anyway?
Karma.

Casper, instead of thinking about theories on how life works or doesn't work, it can benefit you to share more specifically about what is going on in your life. You talk about suffering a lot. Try to share what difficulties you face so that others can help you.

casper said:
What is even perfection?
Life itself is actually a useless quiz.
Who wants repeat all over again?
Do you think we will ever be able to avoid karma?
I'll be back to the beginning: what is perfection anyway?
Karma.

I am not really clear what you are getting at here but I wanted to share something that the C's said.

"Life is religion. Life experiences reflect how one interacts with God. Those who are asleep are those of little faith in terms of their interaction with the creation. Some people think that the world exists for them to overcome or ignore or shut out. For those individuals, the world will cease. They will become exactly what they give to life. They will become merely a dream in the past. People who pay strict attention to objective reality right and left, become the reality of the future."

For Horseofadiffer entcolor
I do not agree that life is religion.
Life is the deadliest disease in the world.
What is God, spiritual or physical being and whether the general will?
"Sleepers" are perhaps seen and experienced too much evil and for individuals and the world ceased to exist and became the only statistics in psychiatric columns (if not already raised their hands to themselves).
I do not watch all black and white, but I am realistic when you see where this is going, it is enough to read the latest news, reality is relative.

for AXJ
Help me to forget the smell and the image of the brain spilled my good friends.
Help me to forget the horrors of war pictures, you do not hear the screams and cries.
Help me to find the graves of friends.
Help me ...

casper said:
For Horseofadiffer entcolor
I do not agree that life is religion.
Life is the deadliest disease in the world.
What is God, spiritual or physical being and whether the general will?

I thought that quote might help you, because I have it up on my fridge to remind me that life is more precious than just my current outlook. It took a lot of horrors in my life to truly see the beauty of things and that I had wasted so much time in being self absorbed. I did think the world and my life was something that was to be conquered. Some of my memories are beyond painful, but I would not take any of it back, even if I could. I am stronger, more aware of my surroundings, and all the other lives who are here in this lifetime to learn. There is a balance of all things in this universe. Sorry, I did not make the rules, but there can be no light without darkness.

I know it is hard reading about all the evil that resides in this world. The best we can hope for is to learn and grow and help others in need. You sound pretty down Casper. Maybe it would be helpful to post in a clear meaning what's going on with you, so forum members can help with objective advise. I personally find it helpful to think as all my interactions day to day are interactions with creation. It gives me more courage and strength to learn my lessons and to remember that it is not just about myself.

Of course there is the light of my life, only problem is that it is less and less because it needs to wake up every morning without nightmares, should look in the mirror and start a new day, a new struggle, a power is less.
Do you really there is a balance in the universe when the universe itself disrupted sick minds?
Is it hopes all we are left?
Hope and learning?

Hell of war which I passed, he taught me to realize the primordial in the human being, and that is the instinct for survival.
In the moments when you can not think rationally rely only on their instinctive instincts.
The lessons I learned then classified among people who do not want to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Not finding the triggers that would change me, a bunch of drugs to relieve physical and mental pain can only deaden my true self, and do not want to lose.
How to learn if you are stopping at every step, and you can not change your environment, remove it?

In the evening, when you lie down in bed, fear, and close your eyes because you know it's waiting for another nightmare, more pictures of human headless corpses, feel the smell of burnt human flesh.
There is no psychiatrist who will help you to forget.
Only a handful of drugs.
And that's the lesson?

I think part of the lessons of this life involve not forgetting the horrors of life that we experience, feel or see - but to use these experiences to build strength and understanding. We can't know why we chose this life for ourselves, as that would defeat the purpose of a lesson - it is a struggle for us all and I can't imagine the horrors you may have seen Casper, I am sorry that your experiences so far seem to have been horrific.

To expand on my point about a lesson - you may tell a child not to touch a flame because it will hurt or 'burn' but a child has to experience hurt or pain to understand it is something to avoid - regardless that we wish the child no pain, it will not understand the concept without experience.

It is difficult to find peace of mind in these times, but I have been finding that deep thinking and meditation, also the EE breathing program provided by this network is helping greatly - I would definitely recommend that you perhaps try the breathing exercises to perhaps help your stress levels and relaxation which may help your sleep.
We need to help ourselves before we can help others =)

It is difficult nowadays to achieve emotional balance, although I am aware that my current state I feed the bad guys and the broader negative vibrations around you.
In meditation when I close my eyes, my brain, in fact the picture it will not let me be completely focus on something nice.
Sometimes I wonder if the creator and I had to go through all of these conditions and the way in which broke from the negativity.
I do not want to be like that, but every day I see more and more people whose only satisfaction others hurt, verbally or nonverbal, intentionally or unintentionally.
Knowledge is power, but if the power is not used properly then is not all in vain, an illusion?

casper said:
It is difficult nowadays to achieve emotional balance, although I am aware that my current state I feed the bad guys and the broader negative vibrations around you.

Hi Casper, I think it would help you to try doing the EE breathing exercises and see if that helps you. Many people here are reporting good results with it.

casper said:
In meditation when I close my eyes, my brain, in fact the picture it will not let me be completely focus on something nice.

Just focusing on something nice usually doesn't help much. To achieve emotional balance, you need to release the negative/difficult emotions, instead of trying to suppress or ignore them.

On a deeper level, there is emotional wounding and trauma that brings us out of balance and needs to be healed. People usually underestimate just how much emotional wounding each of us has. It does take commitment and time to heal on the emotional level.

You could try working with a therapist for a while or you can also do some self-therapy. What has worked well for me is described in the book "True Self-Love: Heal the old wounds and the self-love will come on its own". There are also other approaches, such as Inner child work or "shadow work" that may work for you.

Back
Top Bottom